[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix this build? Damn ethereum miners. PCPartPicke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Boy Parts.png (53KB, 1155x549px) Image search: [Google]
Boy Parts.png
53KB, 1155x549px
How do we fix this build? Damn ethereum miners.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D3vQQV
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D3vQQV/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($204.15 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - H110M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ($61.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($121.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Strix Video Card
Case: Cooler Master - Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($35.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $469.10
>>
>>61206638
Would you be willing to overclock? If so, I'd consider a Ryzen 5 1400 and a cheap aftermarket cooler, or a 1500X with the stock Spire cooler. Then I would OC either one to 3.8+ GHz.
>>
>>61207361
Absolutely. Hyper 212 EVO? Would the 1400 be able to pull its weight? I realize intel tax might not be worth it, especially with cards being so expensive. It's for PUBG 1080p, and video editing. Any mobo will do, but do you have a recommendation? Thank you in advance.
>>
>>61207361
>Hyper 212 EVO?
Sure. That performs better than the Wraith Spire cooler, so that should be more than enough for a decent overclock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNjkDoYZYjU

>Would the 1400 be able to pull its weight?
At what specifically? Gaming?

>I realize intel tax might not be worth it, especially with cards being so expensive.
In my opinion, it's not worth it. Ryzen 3 is coming out any time now, which as you may have heard, are unlocked, quad core chips. Yet they are supposedly between $100-150; at least the last I heard, anyway.

>It's for PUBG 1080p, and video editing.
I just looked at pcpartpicker, and apparently you can pick up a Ryzen 5 1600 for $199, which is 6 cores and 12 threads. I would definitely pick that up if you plan on video editing, and or doing any live streams. Once again, OC it to 3.8+ GHz.

>Any mobo will do, but do you have a recommendation?
Well obviously a B350 or X370 motherboard, as those are the chip sets which support overclocking a CPU. I would personally stick with B350 to be honest, as it's cheaper. X370 seems to be more aimed at SLI and Crossfire, so get that if you plan on running two GPUs.
Would you be willing to get a bigger case? The only mini ITX motherboard I found was over $115. If so, you could get a micro ATX or ATX B350 for $80-90.
>>
>>61208196
Whoops, meant to reply to >>61207917.
>>
>>61207917
>>61208196

Hyper 212's aren't any good for overclocking. I never understood why they're so popular other than the price and >muh coolermaster.

Get a noctua d14-d15. Under $90 and will out perform $100+ AIO water coolers. I have a d15 and my shit stays ICE cold. Like literally too cold, I'm shivering right now.
>>
>>61208238
>Hyper 212's aren't any good for overclocking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNjkDoYZYjU
Fortunately, Ryzen is both low TDP, and also soldered. The guy in that video appears to have just about maxed out his chips with a 212 (which ran them in the 60s, under load), so I personally wouldn't spend any extra extra.
>>
what's with normies and non K i5s
>>
>>61208327

Wow that guy is a cuck. Purposely hitting the 212 off the table and acting like it was an accident in a poor attempt at humor.

Anyway he's testing with a 212 Turbo. Their newest version. That second fan actually makes a huge difference. I still stand behind what I said. But the turbo version isn't as shitty.
>>
>>61208429
>That second fan actually makes a huge difference.
I agree. However, he said in the video that he ran the tests without the second fan, in order to mimic the traditional 212.
https://youtu.be/VNjkDoYZYjU?t=3m43s
>>
>>61208238
>I never understood why they're so popular other than the price
>Get a noctua
what did you mean by this?
>>
>>61206638
Get a used 970
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.