[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Tor so god damn slow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: Tor-logo-2011-flat.svg.png (62KB, 1024x619px) Image search: [Google]
Tor-logo-2011-flat.svg.png
62KB, 1024x619px
Why is Tor so god damn slow?
>>
because nodes are hosted by people and not giant warehouses of servers. be patient
>>
Excuse my ignorance /g/entooman, but can normal Tor users, as in a pleb using his home connection without a VPN, be used as an exit node on the network? So if a Paedo makes a request to some shady site then it will be your IP that is logged?
>>
>>61204892
Dunno, maybe because you are browsing behind seven proxyz?
>>
Because your connection has to go through 3 different volunteers' computers, and if just one is slow, your whole circuit is slowed down.

Also no matter how fast your connection, having your connection cross 3 different borders before going to the target is going to give you >1000ms ping
>>
>>61205090
yes
>>
>>61205090
No.

When you install Tor, by default you're just a client and nobody can use your connection for anything.

You can decide to be a internal relay, or even an exit relay, but never do that at home unless you know what you're doing (or you like getting anal searches from the FBI)
>>
>>61205116
>>61205090
still learning engrish, my apologies
this >>61205126 anon is right, I meant you "can" as in you could if you wanted to
>>
>>61205126
I see.

What is the best (and safest) way to connect? Tails OS?
>>
>>61205204
If you just want to browse, the absolute safest would be something like Qubes OS running behind a Whonix Gateway, both of those on separate burner laptops that you only use for this, balanced over two different Internet connections to make traffic analysis harder.

But unless you're big fish, just Tor Browser on a regular PC is fine. Tails is good too.
>>
Hiding behind seven proxies has a cost, anon.
>>
File: Untitled.png (87KB, 1002x685px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
87KB, 1002x685px
>>61204892
Because you don't know how to configure it..
>>
>>61205755
Holy shit that's even slower that what I get.
>>
>>61205755
it used to be faster. now its just ~100kbps.
>>
>>61206506
Configure it and block shit countries.
>>
>>61206525
wouldnt this make me less anonymous?
>>
>>61206653
Only if you're breaking the law.
>>
>>61205755
>how to configure it
enlighten us
>>
>>61206653
Depends who you're hiding from.
ISP and the site you visit? No, not really.
Government? Maybe.
>>
>>61206777

ExitNodes {},{}
EntryNodes {}
StrictNodes 1
ExcludeNodes {ac},{af},{ax},{al},{dz},{ad},{ao},{ai},{aq},{ag},{ar},{am},{aw},{au},{at},{az},{bs},{bh},{bd},{bb},{by},{be},{bz},{bj},{bm},{bt},{bo},{ba},{bw},{bv},{br},{io},{vg},{bn},{bg},{bf},{bi},{kh},{cm},{ca},{cv},{ky},{cf},{td},{cl},{cn},{cx},{cc},{co},{km},{cg},{cd},{ck},{cr},{ci},{hr},{cu},{cy},{cz},{dk},{dj},{dm},{do},{tp},{ec},{eg},{sv},{gq},{ee},{et},{fk},{fo},{fj},{fi},{fr},{fx},{gf},{pf},{tf},{ga},{gm},{ge},{de},{gh},{gi},{gr},{gl},{gd},{gp},{gu},{gt},{gn},{gw},{gy},{ht},{hm},{hn},{hk},{hu},{is},{in},{id},{ir},{iq},{ie},{im},{il},{it},{jm},{jp},{jo},{kz},{ke},{ki},{kp},{kr},{kw},{kg},{la},{lv},{lb},{ls},{lr},{ly},{li},{lt},{lu},{mo},{mk},{mg},{mw},{my},{mv},{ml},{mt},{mh},{mq},{mr},{mu},{yt},{mx},{fm},{md},{mc},{mn},{me},{ms},{ma},{mz},{mm},{na},{nr},{np},{an},{nl},{nc},{nz},{ni},{ne},{ng},{nu},{nf},{mp},{no},{om},{pk},{pw},{ps},{pa},{pg},{py},{pe},{ph},{pn},{pl},{pt},{pr},{qa},{re},{ro},{ru},{rw},{ws},{sm},{st},{sa},{uk},{sn},{rs},{sc},{sl},{sg},{sk},{si},{sb},{so},{as},{za},{gs},{su},{es},{lk},{sh},{kn},{lc},{pm},{vc},{sd},{sr},{sj},{sz},{se},{ch},{sy},{tw},{tj},{tz},{th},{tg},{tk},{to},{tt},{tn},{tr},{tm},{tc},{tv},{ug},{ua},{ae},{gb},{uk},{us},{um},{uy},{uz},{vu},{va},{ve},{vn},{vi},{wf},{eh},{ye},{zm},{zw}

Note this is just a template, you decide whoch countries you want to use. To use a country as middle node just remove it from ExcludedNodes. To force Entry/Exit nodes you need to exclude that country too from the filterlist.

I recommend using Russia as country if you're close to it. It's a large country with fast internet.
>>
>>61206859
>using russian tor relays only
no one is this stupid right?
>>
>>61206906
Nice try, CIA nigger
>>
>>61206976
FSB would love it if everyone used their Relays and just their relays.
>>
>>61207003
CIA would love it if everyone used their Relays and just their relays.
>>
>>61206859
Wow holly fuck are you literally FSB?
How could someone misconfigure Tor that bad, it must be intentional
>>
>>61206859
This is VERY insecure. Do NOT use this.
If you want to do something like that, you won't be safe anyways, so just use a VPN.
>>
>>61207028
>>61207061
>trying this hard
>>
>>61207087
Putin, pls
>>
>>61207108
CIA, pls
>>
>>61207572
Wrong, I'm French, so you're talking to the DGSE/DGSI
>>
>>61206859
This give you a fingerprint. Also uninstall ublock origin. That gives you a fingerprint too. The more similar to every other tor user you can be the better.
>>
>>61207658
Depends who you're hiding from. For me it's fine if uB0 creates a unique fingerprint.
>>
Replying to: 61207692
Sorry I didn't see your name. If I had I wouldn't have given you that (You)
>>
File: TorClient.jpg (10KB, 298x259px) Image search: [Google]
TorClient.jpg
10KB, 298x259px
>>61204892
Because it has to send a copy of all the traffic to NSA headquarters in real time

Tor has been back-doored since 2014
>>
>>61208430
Literally FUD
Tor is open source, unlike Windows...
>>
Are you high? You must be to think this.
>>
>>61208430
>magic kingdom has been online for 2 years
>childsplay still online
>many other cp sites online
why is the NSA full of pedos?
>>
File: 1448251509048.png (834KB, 789x859px) Image search: [Google]
1448251509048.png
834KB, 789x859px
>>61204892
I'm using right now to bittorrent with.
>>
>>61208499
>torrenting over tor
I hope you lose your Internet permanently.
>>
>>61208430
gib proof pls
>>
why is it acceptable that google gives tor user impossible to solve recaptchas?
>>
>>61208618
Tor traffic to google is only pedos, terrorists and bots.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.