[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 367
Thread images: 42

File: image001.gif (261KB, 150x107px) Image search: [Google]
image001.gif
261KB, 150x107px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions.
Take at least 10 seconds to google first.
Old Thread: >>61187789
>>
why should I learn how to code? what are the benefits for me? Can I make money? Is it to late?
Why am I so depressed?
>>
>>61197133
>why should I learn how to code?
Programming is a skill, in the same that cooking or surgery or piloting a spacecraft is a skill. Learn it if you want to acquire that skill.

>what are the benefits for me?
You can get a job as a programmer. Also, you can do your own programming projects.

>Can I make money?
Yes.

>Is it too late?
No.

>Why am I so depressed?
Probably spending too much time thinking about missed opportunities. Think about all the positive experiences you have had, and all the good things you have in your life right now.
>>
>>61197133
>why?
It's fun and you can make cool stuff
>benefits
kill time and make neat stuff
>money?
Unless you have a degree, the chances are very low. Maybe Bountysource can get you some quick bucks, but not a living.
>late?
No!
>depressed?
idk, but learning how to program has a 50/50 chance of helping. It might make you worse.
>>
File: 20170106_185743.jpg (23KB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
20170106_185743.jpg
23KB, 207x207px
>>61197133
Coding is fun for a certain mindset. If you have such a frame of thought, you're more likely to make good dosh in another, less oversaturated field than IT. It's extremely difficult to advance in IT due to it's saturation, so if you do not seriously commit to understanding every minute detail of algorithms and OOP shit you'll live your life as a miserable codemonkey. If you think that the meticulous study of algorithms and simplistic interactions between machines is fun, you should just have coding as a hobby.
>>
>>61197103
I have a stock t420 (i5-2520m, 8gig of mem), is there any way I can maximize a windows10 vm's capabillities on linux? I want to play games and shit.
>>
fUcck /g/ recommend me a new language to learn. I know some Python but it doesn't take much to understand that it's a simpliatic shitter. I'm looking for something minimal, nigh universally applicable and with ample documentation
t. Brainlet
>>
>>61197205
Playing vidya on VM is nigh impossible due to input lag from GPU passthrough. Vidya is for children anon, take the bizpill and use your business laptop for shrewd, arbitrary formalities between soulless men in suits
>>
>>61197229
sometimes I play minecraft on my t420 running arch
>>
>>61197221
Also fast. Really fucking fast, so none of that homo interpreted shit.
>>
Installing a Ryzen 5 1600 and wondering where the thermal paste is at. Also do I have to remove the brackets that come installed on B350 mobos or does it stay on?
>>
File: ripple.png (18KB, 211x108px) Image search: [Google]
ripple.png
18KB, 211x108px
Hey /g/, so I've got this weird thing going on with my GPU not performing up to speed.

I've checked via afterburner and HWinfo and have found that I'm getting some pretty bad ripple on one of my GPUs. I've tried swapping the PCI-E cable thrice with the same issue. I've tried to switch the slots, but no matter what I seem to get the same ripple.

When I remove the GPU that suffers the issue, the 2nd one gets it instead. I tried flipping the "single" and "multi" rail switch on my PSU - Corsair HX1000 and it didn't make a difference. Swapping the power outlets didn't make a difference, so I'm assuming this is probably my PSU. Not too sure what else I should check. I don't have any special tools to test my outlets and PSU directly.
>>
need suggestion for IDE to learn C
>>
>>61197103
bumping from last thread. I have three questions,
How do I make Xfce4-terminal behave like xterm when it comes to showing warnings that flash
Why are there duplicate iGPU lines on neofetch
Is there such a thing as a material theme like Adapta but with real black and none of that green-ish grey
>>
File: file.png (2KB, 222x38px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2KB, 222x38px
>>61197532
pic of the duplicates.
>>
>use phone as mobile hotspot
>be on laptop with wifi from phone
>mobile not on vpn
>laptop is connected to vpn

my pirating is safe with this setup right?
>>
getting red CPU led on the ezDebug on my B350m mobo, I've installed my Ryzen 5 1600, does the mobo need a bios update? It also won't post
>>
NoScript won't let me download this file.
says something about XSS filtering.
Is it a malicious link?

https://yadi.(writing this part in because 4chan is detecting the link as spam)sk/d/Rt8Rk1MjruArp
>>
Do PWM fan speed reducers work with all PWM fans, or do some of them not like it and shit the bed when you try to slow them down lower than they are meant to go?
>>
File: jobs.png (115KB, 1532x1890px) Image search: [Google]
jobs.png
115KB, 1532x1890px
How accurate is this (very messy) diagram in reality?
>>
Getting a beefy cooler in the mail tomorrow. Anybody have good frequency / vcore recommendations for a 6600k? I'm looking to keep the voltage and temps fairly low. I'm running 4.2hz at 1.25v right now, which admittedly is probably more than enough voltage for that low freq.
I know it's going to take some playing around with to find my sweet spot due to silicon lottery. A starting point would be nice though.
>>
>>61197949
>Anybody have good frequency / vcore recommendations for a 6600k?
Like you already know, it's completely random.

Best and fastest way in my opinion is to set the core clock you want to achieve, then just keep upping the voltage until it POSTs and you can get into Windows. Then, run Prime95, open Event Viewer and up the voltage more and more until WHEA errors go away. If you can't do this because you've reached the max safe voltage, only thing you can do is reduce the core clock.

Once you can run Prime95 for about an hour with no WHEA errors, you can probably just bump the vcore up another 0.01 and call it stable.
>>
I'm considering buying or building a PC for a workshop, there will be fumes, particles and dust in the air, and I'm concerned about that potentially affecting ventilation in the computer.

Are there any cases or prebuilt computers that are very good for this sort of thing? Or am I fucked and should I just keep computers in safe clean well-ventilated areas?
>>
>>61197796
well i work with engineers writing debugging tools and stuff. I have no experience and was working in a macdonalds like 4 months ago. go figure.
>>
>>61197796
Fairly accurate but missing when you actually get a gob job at a good company with out getting cockblocked by recruiters. Normally by the magic of networking. Basically someone who knows that you are not a dropkick recommends you to a manager that they know somehow.
>>
Does 4chan block VPNs?
>>
>>61198068
It should be fine so long as you use a bunch of dust covers.

What kind of system are you putting together anyway? You could avoid dust all together if you use a passive power supply, and assuming you're just using an OC'd CPU, just fit a fuckhuge tower cooler like an NHD15, it'll cool it well enough even without fans running.
>>
Is it pretty unlikely that there will be data cap shit at a reputable college (USA)?
>>
Windows 7 hangs on "Welcome" screen, sometimes for 10 seconds, sometimes for 40 seconds, sometimes forever. I've spent like two hours trying to find a solution but couldn't.

Safe Mode works just fine.
>>
>>61198206
Very unlikely. It'll only happen if it's in a small City with no other available ISP.
>>
>>61197235
perl
>>
>>61197639
yes, as long as you're not pirating from the phone itself.
>>
>>61198139
No, but from my experience the IPs are usually all banned from posting.
>>
>>61198237
Check your USB settings in BIOS. It's a driver issue. Microsoft has admitted that Windows gets slower over time only because the stupid faggots can't fix a problem that has persisted since Vista concerning USB devices and their controllers/drivers.
Also if you have any HDDs that are bigger than 2TB, they don't have to have windows on them, just be over 2TB, grab the hotfix update for that.
>>
Is CS a meme degree? Is IT a meme degree? Is it worth it/too late to get into these fields? Should I give up and work at my father's construction company?
>>
Just sold my rx 480 and bought a 1080. In total, I paid 300 for the 1080. How fucked am I?
>>
Do I need to run a chkdsk to find bad sectors or can a computer tell when a sector is bad when it fails opening the file?
>>
>live in apartment
>can't run cables
>by the grace of god the telephone jacks were wired with cat5e
>all of the cat5e cable terminates in a panel in my closet and is tied together with plastic nut looking things

Anyways, I want my TV in my living room and my desktop in my office on a wired connection. Running an ethernet cable from the living room into the closet with the panel is a non-issue, and from the panel there's a cat5e cable that runs to my office that I can stick an RJ45 or w/e port onto. My questions are

a) What would be the proper way to splice together the cable from my living room to the cable running to my office? I don't use any of the other cables so I could just remove all but the cable going to my office from the nuts and cut open the ethernet cable from the living room and tie it in instead, but I'm worried that'll give lower performance. I'd like to keep the 1 Gbit capability.

b) What's the easiest way to figure out which of the cables is the one running to my office?
>>
Is it safe to use a hackintosh for developing apps for the App Store? Can Apple ban me from everything?
>>
>>61198341
It's interpreted you little shit
>>
>>61198631
Yeah, just cover your tracks when it comes to hardware. It's pretty easy to tell that an ASUS Rampage Extreme V isn't from a Mac :^)
>>
Does using workspaces in XFCE affect performance? bls resbond, ricing the eternal T42
>>
There is a program that you can use so your computer reduces size of everything you see on the internet like pixelates it to a small size. I forgot the name.
>>
I have a SSD and HDD built into my computer. Now both are getting full and I wonder if it brings any disadvantages to get a second HDD? Or should I just invest and replace my previous HDD with a bigger one?
>>
>>61198780
Why not get another HDD? As long as it doesn't overload your PSU (it won't unless you're using a potato array). Or link it up in RAID 0
>>
>>61198824
Ok, thanks. Then I'm gonna buy another one
>>
>>61198237
install gentoo
>>
>>61198436
Yes,
Somewhat Yes,
Not really, but you're basically 10-15 years late for the 'good times'
Maybe, honestly you could use that coding mindset of yours to get a paying STEM degree (please do)
>>
>>61198750
So a NSA fingerprinting program.
>>
Just a bought a cheap chromebook for my mother to use, it's the 170€ Acer r11 16g with 2GB of RAM and I'm wondering if I should install a 32bit or 64bit Linux distro ?
Also I'm considering Kubuntu cause it needs to be easy to use, if you have any recommendations feel free to tell
>>
>>61198962
No I mean size of the files so it goes faster.
>>
Are there any consistent ways of getting HBO Now to work internationally, that is, if I'm not in the US?
>>
>>61198969
If your mum's a windows user (probably is unless senile), get her Mint with something like MATE. Much more wincuck friendly than jewbuntu. Also, JUST FUCKING CHECK YOUR PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE YOU FUCK
>>
>>61198969
There's pretty much no reason to use 32-bit operating system these days. Yeah, 32-bit programs take marginally less RAM, but that's not really significant.
>>
>>61198984
>>61198987
Yeah well the processor is 64-bit compatible but it has only 2gb of RAM I'm afraid it would be too slow, as for Mint I read somewhere it forced its own web browser to the user
>>
File: USB_to_PS2_mouse_adapter.jpg (417KB, 2748x1836px) Image search: [Google]
USB_to_PS2_mouse_adapter.jpg
417KB, 2748x1836px
I'm trying to install esxi on a whitebox, but like many others I'm having troubles with my USB keyboard not functioning in the install screen.
One solution apparently is to use a ps2-connected keyboard, but they're not that easy to find anymore. I'd have to go dumpsterdive or buy one for like 15€ on Craigslist.

Would a USB to PS2 adapter work?
Are there any other simple, non-expensive solutions?
>>
What's the best way for me and a friend to share about a hundred GB worth of files between each other? Ideally some kind of file sharing server or something that allows us to upload everything we want to share but we can just download what we need at the time? Is there a good free or cheap online host for this kind of thing?

Some of the stuff might be pirated ebooks so nothing too botnet though, although hopefully it shouldn't be much of a problem since it'll just be us and not public where people could report it.
>>
>>61199050
just start an FTP server on your machine m8
>>
>>61199027
>for Mint I read somewhere it forced its own web browser to the user
You probably misunderstood what you were reading. It's literally just Ubuntu LTS with Cinnamon + some tweaks. What it DOES do is set your search engine and startpage, but nothing you can't change.
>>
>>61199038
>but they're not that easy to find anymore
Are you shitting me dude?
>>
What's a decent cookie manager for Chrome?

I want to block all cookies by default
Allow cookies temporarily for certain sites
Allow cookies indef. for certain sites
>>
>>61199153
they really aren't, it's not like I can just walk into a store and get one where I live
>>
Is it possible to download an APK from the Google Play store and install the app on a different device? Want to install the phone version of an app on my tablet and it doesn't appear when I go in there on it.
>>
>>61198611
So you want to use the same cable to the office and living room? The collision detection of the Ethernet protocol, whatever it's called, doesn't work at gigabit, you need to use a switch.

>Easiest way to see what goes where
Either plug computers in and check for traffic, plug another cable in so you can loop around and use a multimeter or put a battery on one end and use a multimeter in the other.
>>
>>61199038
Yeah, they work perfectly fine.
>>
>>61199365
Get a share apk app or dl it from some shady website
>>
What is considered a good version of Windows 7?
>>
>>61199463
Ultimate or enterprise
>>
>>61199431
I downloaded it from apk4fun but I'm worried that might have been a mistake
>>
>>61199486
But what date? What release?
>>
>>61199502
http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
>>
>>61199510
Wouldn't the newest ones be with the most after-W10 botnet features?
>>
>>61197103
What's the Skype alternative that doesn't spying on me?
>>
where can I get btc instantly using my credit card?

I need 0.006 BTC in the next few hours.
>>
>>61199534
tox, maybe
discord, eh.
irc, surely not.

Probably doesn't exist. You could try Line, then you will get spied by the South Koreans and they will send it to the USA.
>>
>>61199532
Those just have sp1
>>
>>61199534
Any of the ten things free webrtc sites.
Mumble, but it ain't encrypted.
>>
>>61199560
Mumble is encrypted
>>
>>61199534
Wire or Signal.
>>
>>61199567
Oh. Sorry.
>>
>>61199545
>>61199560
>>61199588
Alright, thanks. /g/ just taught me something today, online anonymity is a meme
>>
>>61199559
So is it the very first SP1 version or does it include updates and until when?
>>
So this shit started to happen whenever I right click on files/folders/documents a few hours ago, any idea what's up?
>>
>>61199725
SP1 is SP1. It's every update that came out before SP1 all rolled into one. They only ever released 2 versions of it, and the second one only had a minor inconsequential update added. Just FYI though you're missing a metric fuckton of security updates if you just stop there.
>>
Do Sam and Charlie still post here?
>>
I want to backup my stuff. I have thousands of books, epub/pdf, and I want to make sure I keep them forever.

I need security and privacy. What do?
>>
>>61199831
Are you saying I should update?
>>
>>61199870
Not the telem updates or optional updates, but the rest yeah.
>>
>>61199895
Then where do I get the updates from?
>>
>>61199900
...you download them
>>
>>61199913
From where? Do I go to Microsoft's site and just download every single security update? Are there no other important updates?
>>
>>61199853
size and how much you want to spend?
>>
>>61197391
you have to buy some...
>>
>>61197427
try attaching a different (maybe older) PSU and see if the results are the same
>>
>>61199937
You use windows update
http://pastebin.com/quC0gz4j

Skip the telemetry ones
http://techne.alaya.net/?p=12499
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/goto/post?id=2545330#post-2545330

And if you don't want to be on automatic rollups, you can install security updates manually from the windows update catalog

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2017/01/13/simplified-servicing-for-windows-7-and-windows-8-1-the-latest-improvements/
>>
I haven't pirated in many years, as i haven't had a reason to.
I found out about a movie that's banned (Red Pill) in Australia, and I'm curious what it's like.
Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction of finding a link? My ISP is shit, so any of the popular websites I remember don't work. For example, they bans TPB and a fair amount of the proxy sites for it. Also, KAT is dead, so can't go there.
Thank you for any replies. Have a good night lads.
>>
File: 1499079257944.png (547KB, 986x696px) Image search: [Google]
1499079257944.png
547KB, 986x696px
Is there a way to get around this?
If a webpage disables archiving, wat do?
>>
>>61199970
zooqle.com
>>
>>61199974
>waybackmachine
>right wing archiving websites
>>
File: 1489936907382.jpg (36KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1489936907382.jpg
36KB, 655x527px
How can I become the best tutorial maker, in your opinion?

I want to be one of those Udemy/Pluralsight/Youtube coding projects teacher. Have a small community of people learning. Anything that annoyed you guys in the past from what you've seen?
>>
>>61199974
...What the fuck is this 1984 bullshit?

The truth does not fear archiving.
>>
>>61199974
Wow, so much blue pill.

Presumably it just means they have edited robots.txt to deny all. Tell wget to ignore robots directives and download away.
>>
>>61198517
depends on if you're a gaymur or not, if so, then you got a good deal, if not then you screwed yourself over

>>61198567
run chkdsk

>>61198983
american VPN's

>>61199260
EditThisCookie
DisableCookies
Ghostery <-- idk if they still do cookies

>>61199787
looks like you've got a bad case of windows 10, try checking for updates on everything, windows, drivers, bios, etc

>>61199839
no
>>
>>61199787
this is what happens when you fill windows with shit like dozens of shell addons.
>>
>>61200075
If by shell addons you mean third party explorers UI stuff (I know those exist for windows 10), I don't have any of those.

>>61200056
I was hoping that it would be something easy to solve without restarting my machine and updating since I have a lot of unsaved shit open I don't want to have to sort through at the moment, but oh well.
>>
>>61200012
>Anything that annoyed you guys in the past from what you've seen?
Udemy did this "promotion" where they offered a beginner Java course for free. I decided I'd try it out since I'm not super familiar with Java and the course was full price $95. It was terrible. I didn't spend a dime and felt ripped off. Here's a list of things I didn't like

- The tutorials never made a working program. It was all just short scripts that did nothing except print a hardcoded value just to show that the value was set properly.
- There was about 35 videos which made me think the course covered a lot of material. Nope. All the videos were under 5 minutes each and seemed to be split up just to make more videos. Video 1 was literally just downloading IntelliJ (which the guy said everybody had to use). Video 2 was just printing hello world. Video 3 was creating an integer variable and printing it. Video 4 was creating a string variable and printing it, video 5 was creating a double variable and printing it etc...
- The guy never explained the concepts behind the code or what the program was doing or how it was being interpreted. He just said "write this down, now write this, ok now run it, that's how you make the computer print a string!" That's not a tutorial. I didn't learn anything from copy and pasting your code.
- Whenever he was going over the primitive types (which he never even explained were called primitive types or why they are called that, he glossed over the difference between float and double. He didn't even mention float. What's the difference? Why? Never explained. Some tutorial.
>>
I'm going to Verizon in an hour to upgrade my Samsung s7 to s8+. Is there anything better I can get at Verizon?
>>
do I have a reasonable expectation of privacy inside my foreskin? I was thinking about tattooing my master password on the inner-side of my foreskin (where it's touching the glans). I don't have phimosis.

I mean, in practice, nobody else will ever see it, but could I be legally forced to unsheath my dick to disclose this password, or is my peepee mine and mine alone?
>>
>>61199969
None of this actually helps and it only confuses.
In the first link we have two updates without even saying what they are for. Are they security only? Do they include everything before that? And then there is an "update rollup" which isn't just all updates, including the bad ones?
What about after that? I am suppose to just let Windows Updates do whatever it wants? And I should manually remove several tracking updates, but only up to a point? Are there none after that?
Where the security only monthly updates? Do they include everything until then?

I used to just install some release, turn off updates and never bother after that. Only once some game or something required some update.
>>
>>61200090
if you want your machine to live for a longer time, shut it off daily

>>61200120
anything that isnt american

>>61200129
what the fuck
>>
>>61200145
>if you want your machine to live for a longer time, shut it off daily

I put it in hibernation mode overnight, is that not sufficient?
>>
>>61200163
should clarify: I do this because I have too many things I activel;y work on at once and shutting my computer down entirely would mean me losing track of evertything due to needing to figure out what I had open.

If there;s a way to do this while still shutting it down, that would be great and I'd want to know about it
>>
>>61200129
How often do you expect to change your password? You might have to use a small font.

You can get locked up for refusing to share your password, I don't think it would seriously matter where it was written down. They might laugh at you though. Also, if you can't keep your master pass in memory what is the point?
>>
>>61200115
That sounds terrible. I actually watch a lot of tutorials on things that I already have months/years of experience with, and it pisses me off how most of the teachers explain things in a stupid way or overcomplicate shit.

Any tutorials you liked and had a good experience with?
>>
>>61200136
>I used to just install some release, turn off updates and never bother after that.
That's how you get malware bro. Especially if you mean you downloaded some update pack somebody rolled.

It does say what they are. Updates to the windows update client, and the August rollup of all windows updates between the Convenience Rollup and August of last year. No known telemetry updates were released during that time. You don't need the Convenience Rollup. Just install those updates, and whatever windows updater offers you minus telemetry and labeled rollups. Then you've got your starter shit out of the way and you can just turn off windows update and manually download individual security-only monthly packs from microsoft update catalog from now on.
>>
If I want to switch from one motherboard to another, can I just transfer all the other components over and be fine?

What complications should I expect?

My more-IT savvy friend basically told me "Sometimes motherboards have stuff that's important to the system, but it should work as is because windows has the drivers for all motherboards". How true is this?
>>
>>61200334
Sometimes there can be driver conflicts, windows might bitch at you since the license is tied to the motherboard.
>>
>>61200298
>Any tutorials you liked and had a good experience with?
Mostly written stuff actually. Never really liked watching videos. I'd rather skim over text until I get to a part where something is new. What sucks is that every tutorial obviously needs an explanation of basic things, but I already know that stuff. I want to skip to the part where something new is explained. Difficult to do that in a video since it's just a person talking mostly.

I've learned a lot of stuff from official documentation (though depending on the language this can be a bit cumbersome to read through), Tutorials Point (good at explaining the general stuff), Stack Overflow (lots of good stuff for specific cases),
>>
>>61200334
I copied my entire windows installation from an HDD to an SSD, then unhooked the HDD and just ran using the SSD. Windows bitched at me constantly that it couldn't find some files because of hardcoded values in the registry looking for a specific hard drive. Ridiculous.

Any problems you run across will be because of windows looking for the hardware you replaced for whatever reason.
>>
Does a micro ATX conduct more heat than a normal ATX due to the fact the components are more compact and thus less airflow?

Ventilation aside, would a normal ATX-sized case help alleviate this issue, if it's even an issue?
>>
>>61200305
https://support.microsoft.com/en-US/help/4022722/windows-7-update-kb4022722
So this is basically the last security only and it includes everything until then, right?
So I install the three updates, remove whatever I can from the lists and then this from above?

>whatever windows updater offers
Doesn't that means all the new updates I don't want to, especially after they have started releasing the monthly rollups, which I supposedly don't want?
>>
>>61200352
>>61200410

Is it better to just do a clean install and spend a week reinstalling the tons of shit I find important, or could I get away with the driver conflicts with some minor issues here and there that won't otherwise stop things like gaming? I really don't want to have to transfer/download 1.5 TB worth of stuff onto a fresh install
>>
>>61200439
I just put up with it when I replaced my drive. I ran some registry cleaners and that helped get rid of lots of values referencing hardware that was no longer there. I also uninstalled and reinstalled certain programs that still caused issues. I haven't had any problems in a while now.
>>
>>61200424
Well try from safe mode deleting all the drivers related to the mob (audio, lan, etc), put the new one and let windows install its bullshit or manually install the drivers from the site of the new mob (from safe mode if you don't want windows to install its own shit). Technically it could work just fine.
>>
No building general thread so figured this is the best place.

Is this a good deal

http://www.frys.com/product/9197658?site=sa%3Aadpages+page%3AP129+date%3A070217
>>
>>61200483
sure
>>
Are there any Australian places to buy parts (with delivery) that aren't just complete pieces of shit? Until now I've had my friend living in Japan just buy shit and ship it to me for lower prices than what I can find here, but that's really tiresome and I hate to rely on him each time.
>>
>>61200424
You've sort of got it, except the security-only updates are not cumulative. Each month is independent, which is part of why they're so much smaller than the Quality rollups.

>Doesn't that means all the new updates I don't want
As I said, don't get the telemetry updates or labeled rollups. Microsoft will only try and push the latest rollup on you, should be labled "Security Monthly Quality Rollup".

Security only=good
Security Quality=Bad
>>
why do a lot of 3d mobile games/benchmarks have such a wide field of view? for a first person shooter it's a practical matter, but even then, it looks wider than on a console, like 90-120 degrees. it looks utterly distorted and unconvincing. is it a default unity engine setting or what other reason would they have to set such a wide field of view?
>>
>>61200563
Shitty controls make looking around more of a chore
>>
>>61200541
So I start from this one https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4009436 and download all security only?
Is there even anything else that that windows update will want to install other than the telemetry, rollups or monthly shit? I mean, will it want to install anything worthy? Seems kind of pointless if there is actually nothing like that. And would that be a lot or just a few things?

I am a little sceptical over the whole process, but thanks for continuing to answer my questions.
>>
>>61200521
Where abouts in Aus do you live? Might be able to help a bit. I can recommend a few at least.
PCCG can have weird shipping scaling. For example, 2 items I was ordering, individually the shipping prices were $17 & $22, but together shipping was $66.
Mwave typically do cheap-ish prices by default and pretty good (from personal experience) shipping.
If you're near Perth, Austin Computers are super friendly, and are willing to do deals within reason. Got an i3 6100 & Gigabyte H170 (ITX) motherboard for just under $250, and since they've got a bunch south of Perth, went in store to buy. They're primarily WA, but have a store in 2144
Scorptec has decent pricing, but can have pretty shit shipping prices. They (((recently))) opened a store in Sydney, so could check it out if you're close.
>>
>>61200176
>>61200163
Hibernate is good, but not when you use it forever. A computer needs to sleep like a human being too. Try to shut it off before you go to sleep, or atleast once a week during the weekend or something. If you keep this up with the way you're doing it now, then your PC/Laptop will die within the next year or so.
>>
Would it be too hard to learn C++ if all you know so far is a bit of Python/you haven't really invested much time in learning coding yet?
If yes what are some good alternatives?
>>
>>61200649
yes, it's hard to learn C++ unless you understand both low level C and higher level concepts as in Java or Python
>>
>>61200613
I live in Chatsworth (basically Gympie). It's out in the boonies, so I know getting parts here for decent prices is cancer

Thanks though
>>
I liked the windowmanager in Linux, where you could put several windows next to each other and work on your stuff without pressing Alt tab all the time.
Is there something similar to windows?
>>
>>61200612
Exactly.

Windows also gets a lot of little fixes to how shit works, like fixing glitches and compatibility with programs and hardware. A lot of it isn't critical on its own, but a lot of shit ends up being prerequisite to other shit. It's part of why SP's used to be a thing. The security packs are meant to work as an independent track since microsoft changed their shit in October. You just want to have your shit up to date with that origin point first. The system is designed to give businesses an alternative to rollups. If an update would break their shit, then they have the option to go security only.
>>
>>61200639
There is literally no difference between hibernate and a full shut down from a component wear point of view. All hibernate does is dump the contents of RAM to the hard drive and then turns the computer off. When you turn it on again it fetches those contents and puts them back into RAM.

The one issue you can run into if you do it for a long time is that programs and system components could become unstable after running for (from their point of view) weeks/months continually, but if it comes to that it should be fixed by a single full reboot.
>>
>>61200639
>A computer needs to sleep like a human being too.
No, that is patently not true. There are servers that go literally years without so much as a restart. And modern windows will often put your computer into a form of hibernation when you think you're actually shutting it off. There's no reason, other than saving power, that you couldn't always put your computer to sleep instead of shutting it down. It definitely will not cause his hardware to die young, let alone "within the next year or so"
>>
File: 1452544141785.jpg (7KB, 180x210px) Image search: [Google]
1452544141785.jpg
7KB, 180x210px
That faggot program After Effects opened up with a warning on me saying i don't have enough space for disk cache. I have that shit on my SSD 120GB and i tried to change the cache folder to my HDD but it didn't let me so i just disable that shit. Will it hurt my performance? What does disk cache even do?
>>
>>61200649
Start with C. C++ is trying to escape its C legacy, but often fails miserably, so you really should know C.
>>
>>61200807
Also should point out that there's little difference between sleep and shut down as well. Most modern computers use STR sleep mode, meaning all components are powered down fully besides the RAM which only maintains a small trickle of power so that its contents aren't lost. Honestly not sure if that small trickle increases wear to the RAM/PSU slightly, but either way it's not like those are the most expensive parts of any build really.
>>
>>61200770
By the way anything against Windows Loader?
>>
>>61200908
If you mean Daz from MDL, then no, that's about as solid as any pirating method ever gets.
>>
I know nothing about linux other than I've been fucking around with Debian for the last few days and the one course I've had in school so far.

I hope to eventually get the linux+ (and by extension LPIC) certification. Are there any good guides that in geared towards the test?
>>
What am I doing wrong?

mes-iMac:Downloads me$ gpg --verify KeePassXC-2.2.0.dmg.sig
gpg: can't open 'KeePassXC-2.2.0.dmg.sig': No such file or directory
gpg: verify signatures failed: No such file or directory
>>
What's the point of posting the hash of a file beside a link to the download mirror?
If the point of a hash is to verify the integrity of the file, couldn't they just lie about what it is?
>>
>>61200964
There's no such file or directory

Find what the actual name of the file or directory is
>>
>>61197103
>spilt lemonade on macbook air
>when it's cold out the keyboard works finely
>when it's hot out the keyboard turns to shit and clog themselves

Why?
>>
>>61200995
the possibility is that the file may be corrupted during download.
>>
>>61200182
>Also, if you can't keep your master pass in memory what is the point?

I don't trust my memory, for example what if I suffered a concussion and could not remember my password? This is an attempt to store my private password somewhere safe from all threats besides one where I'm physically forced to disclose the password, eg if someone holds me down and manhandles my cock, because I'm just a beta fuck who refuses to gain physical strength.
>>
>>61200995
So that you know that whoever owns the mirror hasn't altered the file.
>>
Redpill me on browsers. Firefox and Chrome
>>
>>61201003
Well does it mean that there is no a sig? because the dmg is there. How do I verify then?
>>
Can Amazon tell that I'm using their dash buttons for stuff other than the intended purpose? Could they potentially put a stop to this if they wanted to?
>>
>>61197103
Hi, guys, I have been racking my brain at this for hours.

I want to install a program I bought on my Debian 9 system. Unfortunately, it is i386, while my PC is AMD64. I need to install ia32-libs package, but when I try, it throws a bunch of dependencies saying

"The package depends on these, but won't install them."

It's driving me up the fucking wall. How can I solve the dependency problem? I have apt-get updated about a dozen times. Would installing chroot and a 32-bit system work?

It's the Lingea Lexicon 5, by the way.
>>
>>61201093
# dpkg --add-architecture i386
# apt(-get|itude) update
>>
>>61201051
Instead of posting a screen shot from the manual to prove the files are there, check and see if it's in the directory with the dmg file. If it isn't, either you didn't download it or you're being dicked with. If it is, then make sure you ran that gpg command in the right directory.
>>
Any Firefox users (preferably on Windows) noticed any of the following extensions installed?
>Shield Recipe Client
>Follow-on Search Telemetry
>Firefox Hotfix

I was getting a weird bug with uBlock Origin and uMatrix, so I decided to delete my Firefox folder in %APPDATA% and start from scratch. I was just going through the extensions menu, configuring everything, when these three extensions suddenly appeared. I saw them just get added out of nowhere. Anybody else notice this? What the FUCK is Mozilla doing?
>>
>>61201061
They can probably tell. I'm assuming the thing has to query their servers every time you press it, even if you haven't fully configured it. They could probably disable the notification or something, or even just remotely block that button, but they have little reason to do that really. For most buttons they're not the ones getting fucked by this behavior anyway, since it's the companies selling stuff through them that have to pay them $15 for every button that goes out.
>>
>>61201117
Did that, still pops a whole load of bullshit.
>>
>>61201147
Don't show up for me.
>>
>>61201220
Looks like ia32-libs hasn't been in the repos since Jessie, are you sure you're on Debian 9?
Go read their wiki on multiarch.
>>
>>61201093
I don't think ia32-libs had been a think since multiarch was introduced, like four years ago. Just install the deps you need with the right architecture. E.g. apt install libbutts:i386
>>
>>61201229
Weird. Google shows it's a fairly new thing.

I've got another Firefox question. Even on a fresh profile I'm still getting this fucking bug. If anyone here is running uBlock Origin and/or uMatrix, please try this for me:

Open up a page that's not a settings menu or something like that. Just open up the /g/ catalog or something in a new tab. Click on the tab and drag it to your second monitor or just drag it down or something so that the tab becomes its own new window. Now check uBlock Origin/uMatrix: are they still working? They both become grey for me when I do this and clicking on uMatrix shows blank.about-scheme as the current scope instead of the domain for whatever page I'm on. Let me know if anyone's getting this, please.
>>
File: ted_k.png (11KB, 313x188px) Image search: [Google]
ted_k.png
11KB, 313x188px
Guise-- i dreamt in code last night...
Do I have autism?
>>
>>61201040
All browsers are shit, so just use the one that annoys you the least.
>>
Where can I download some friends
>>
/G/uys, recommend me a good icon theme for XFCE. Something minimal, sharp and amply futuristic. Bretty blease
>>
>>61201270
Well that's the problem. The whole thing is on a CD, I don't know the dependencies for the program, unfortunately. It's all from a file called setup and shit.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170703-162707.png (2MB, 1391x688px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170703-162707.png
2MB, 1391x688px
>>61197103
Hello, can you please tell me what are those I marked in red?
My old pc motherboard actually has 8 of those, this has just 4.

Thanks
>>
>>61201040
Firefox is sluggish, inefficient and gets progressively worse with each update. Chrome is fast and sleek but it's the highest possible iteration of the botnet. Either use Chromium (Dev branch open-source Chrome) or Midori (pinux GNU browser)
>>
>>61201475
Speaking of Midori. I really like it but certain websites do not work (such as facebook) on it. Even if you set it to identify as firefox/chrome.

You wouldn't happen to know a solution to this?
>>
File: 2262017101630PM_635_nokia_5.jpg (27KB, 635x476px) Image search: [Google]
2262017101630PM_635_nokia_5.jpg
27KB, 635x476px
Planning on buying this phone. Need some reaffirmation.
>>
>>61201452
Try running the setup, see what it fails with, and look for the right file. apt-file will help.
>>
>>61201505
Nope, never used anything like facebook. And desu neither should anyone with an IQ of more than 10
>>
>>61201516
...don't? Why would you get it anyway? Monetary constraints?
>>
File: jimmies.jpg (161KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
jimmies.jpg
161KB, 500x628px
My friend logged into Facebook using my pc a while back. She didn't save her password, obviously, but her email is saved there. How do I get into her user? I wanna see who she talks to about shit.
>>
>>61201539
You can't really avoid it. It's the most commonly used avenue of conversation by your coworkers/bosses.

I've been messaged on facebook by my boss more often than I've been texted.
>>
>>61201561
The best way would be to phish her email pass and then use Facebook's acc recovery function
>>
File: edgedatacenter81016-585x390.jpg (57KB, 585x390px) Image search: [Google]
edgedatacenter81016-585x390.jpg
57KB, 585x390px
Is the cloud the future of personal computing?

PC hardware and software seems to have stalled, but datacenters are still capable of scaling up and have a sustainable business model: providing service for users in exchange for selling their personal information.
>>
>>61201564
you're boss gay
You have my sympathies. If you're in good standing, at least try to tell your management that there are far better enterprise solutions for comms.
>>
>>61197391
If you are using a stock cooler it is on that, if not then you have to buy the thermal paste
>>
>>61197235
Learn assembly then you dipshit. You could just google this question.
>>
>>61201603
PC has not stalled, it's more that the average user's demands have somewhat paused. Eventually they will increase as we develop Normiebook Ultra VR Mega Chad Edition, but for now consumer electronics satisfy the majority. As for the cloud, it's future is bright as an enterprise solution, but not as a PC. It's utterly idiotic to pay for a remote access machine that is constantly monitored, that you have no access to and ultimately don't even fully own.
>>
>>61201518
That's the issue. It always tells me "File XXXXX.ns and XXXXX.os not found." When I try to run those files, they show an error saying the binary files cannot be opened.
>>
>>61201475
Lately Firefox has been running like shit for me, playing any kind of media takes too long to load. I've started using chrome and it's incredibly responsive but I'm super aware that I'm in the botnet. Maybe resetting my Firefox Profile is the best bet
>>
>>61201656
If you want help stop drip feeding and spill all the details.What does that have to do with architecture and what even are those files.
>>
What is the final keyup doing ?
What happens when its not there ?
>>
>>61201721
Get Chromium without Google API's. Opensource and still Chrome.
>>
>>61201730

Forgot code

$(document).ready(function(){
$('#location-address').keyup(function() {
var value = $(this).val();
$('#location-name').val( value );
});
}).keyup();

>>
im new to using linux and i dont really know anything about it i just installed ubuntu on my laptop and dont know like how to do anything and cant install any programs that arent on the ubuntu store does anyone know a good tutorial on how to learn ubuntu and like basic stuff. only ones i could find are people trying to install it on vms and shit i dont want that i want to see how its used. thanks
>>
>>61201741
Does Chromium support add-on's? Only use Disconnect and Ublock Origin but it would be nice to have them
>>
>>61201547
>...don't? Why would you get it anyway? Monetary constraints?
What other phone would be good.
>>
>>61201864
You can run pretty much anything chrome can.
>>
>>61201884
Like directly from the chrome store or otherwise.
>>
>>61201864
Yes, absolutely it does. Currently using Ublock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere with it
>>
>>61201004
Sugar
>>
>>61201742
The first one is declaring it, the second is calling it.
>>
>>61201870
Samsung S8 if you don't mind it being fragile as a stick. Or Oneplus 3T/5T half a year down the road, they're pretty great.
>>
best free antivirus besides common sense?
>>
My battery currently lasts 2 hours at 0%, It's health is 34% and everytime It gets to 0% it decreases further,
making it last longer at 0%, how can I increase it's health so that it lasts as it's supposed without reaching 0%?
>>
is python django like php?
it's similiar?
>>
File: Selection_018.png (38KB, 776x531px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_018.png
38KB, 776x531px
I just deleted my Windows partition. Is it possible to add that unallocated space to my Linux partition? (Xubuntu)
>>
>>61201928
It servers the same purpose for server-side scripting, but it isn't really similar otherwise.
>>
>>61201948
Boot with live-USB and fire up gparted. You should be able to change the partition sizes.
>>
>>61201913
two big for me and also too expensive, I'm a student
>>
>>61201913
too*

any other el cheapo phone suggestions?
>>
>>61201951
but its build static pages like php right? not like js
>>
>>61201965
alright, i'll give it try. thanks.
>>
>>61201983
Like I said, it's all executed server side, so yes. Javascript is executed clientside(unless you're using node.js or similar framework).
>>
What's the best way to learn Assembly?
>>
>>61201981
Go to our phone general, it has all the info you need
>>
>>61197103
How do I get better font rendering in [XFCE[ GNU/Linux?
>>
>>61201914
Avast (although it is explicitly botnet)

I don't use one, haven't had a virus in years.
>>
>>61202150
Settings>Fonts>Turn on all the fancy antialiasing options
All you can do really. Also pick the right font, I find that those asian wider fonts work quite well even without antialiasing
>>
Is there a way to remove the spyware on Windows 10 yet? Does it run games and other programs properly or is it still struggling?
>>
>>61202161
I haven't had one in years either. I just feel better when I have one. Thanks for the info anon
>>
guys should i buy single or dual rank ram?
>>
Hi /sqt/. I want a Mac of some description so that I can learn some iOS dev. I'm well able to develop on other platforms so I'm not a total noob, but I cannot distribute to iOS devices without a Mac. Don't want to go down the hackintosh route.

I've found a used 2014 Mac Mini, with 8GB Ram for €450. Considering this new is ~€850 this seems like a good deal, and is far cheaper than Macbooks etc. Before I pull the trigger - is there a better option that's more cost effective? Macbooks are upwards of €1k which is just too much, and I'm wary of used ones. I know the 2012 Minis have upgradeable RAM, but I'm thinking the 8gb in this should do me fine when all it's used for is software development.
>>
Is passmark a good way to compare CPUs.

Im looking at general web browsing, and some light coding/compiling.

Is a score of 6000 the minimum now ?
>>
>>61197103
What do these line mean? Why are they connecting to themselves, and why are these requests in my web server log?
>>
File: succ911.png (18KB, 893x150px) Image search: [Google]
succ911.png
18KB, 893x150px
>>61202472
forgot image
>>
>>61202472
They're not. They're trying to make your server connect to them. As you can tell by the response codes, it's not working.

Just ignore it, you're gonna see a lot of stuff like this if you run a public facing server.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170703-182246.png (135KB, 1080x1722px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170703-182246.png
135KB, 1080x1722px
How do I stop Google Services taking up all my battery? It used to take only a few %, now it's absolutely killing my battery life and I think my phone is running hotter, too

>inb4 don't use Gapps
>>
>>61202145
ctrl+F phone general
>>
>>61202614
use iOS
>>
>>61198176
Browsing the internet, saving stuff, spreadsheets and work on autocad and gimp.
>>
>>61202614
install lineage
>>
I'm looking for some kind of program to help me with image organizing. I have a folder with 20k+ images, mostly things I download while surfing. I want to be able to move them to folders acording to the size and content. I'm not looking for something automatic (but it would be nice) but a more time-efficient way to go around the problem.

Is there any program that can help with the task?
>>
File: 1479637757558.gif (800KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479637757558.gif
800KB, 500x500px
Making a 3D renderer with vulkan and have to decide:
>Vertex as a class?
or
>Vertex as a struct with functions?
What would make most sense?

>pic incredibly non-related
>>
>>61197103
wahts the difference between fp and oop in 2 words?
>>
>>61202996
literally nothing
>>
>>61202614
Don't use Gapps and this >>61202836, but if you're too stupid, then this >>61202675
>>
File: 1479525949470.jpg (461KB, 1500x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1479525949470.jpg
461KB, 1500x1069px
I want a laptop to drawfag on
>15"
>nice display
>good battery life
>reasonably thin/light
>no touch screen
Anything fits this criteria?
>>
>>61202614
uninstall stupid games and such that might use google services if they have google sign in or leaderboards
>>
I need an app on Android that lets me and a friend share schedules with notifications. Anything like this? Calendars won't do.
>>
>laptop powers on
>screen never comes on
>hdmi output to working monitor gives me nothing
>ethernet cable doesn't blink and laptop never shows up on home network
Is the mobo dead or could it possibly be RAM, video card or HDD?
>>
Can I limit bandwidth while torrenting?
>>
>>61201741
Hi bit of a lament, what are google APIs, which ones does Chromium get rid of and why is this a good thing?
>>
>>61203342
On Qbittorrent at least click at the bottom where it shows your speed and limit it there
>>
File: wtf.png (105KB, 751x288px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
105KB, 751x288px
I've never had trouble posting before but today it suddenly starts saying I'm banned. I check and this is what I see.
>exit node
What the hell, has my computer been compromised? What can I even do about this?
>>
>>61203488
Look up your IP on atlas.
>>
>>61203488
Panic!!!
>>
File: 1498904365433.jpg (28KB, 549x534px) Image search: [Google]
1498904365433.jpg
28KB, 549x534px
>Have minor audio problem
>Look up solution
>"Hey guys I'm having a problem with X, what should I do?"
>"Reinstall Windows"

No, seriously, why do people recommend this unironically? Why is it that some companies and people legitimately recommend reinstalling your operating system in respond to every fucking minor problem? Yes, it "might" work but that's the nuclear option and 99.99% of people are not going to be at a point where they'd even consider that unless they'd exhausted literally every other possible alternative.

Guys I'm so fucking mad because I keep seeing this shit, why is this shit still the first suggestion most assholes get when asking a tech question?
>>
>>61203488
It's called DHCP bro. The last dude to have your IP was probably running tor or something
>>
Why won't my ryzen 1700 build POST with the ram speed anything past 2133?

motherboard is ASUS B350-plus and I'm using 2x8gb corsair vengeance DDR4 (3200Mhz) on the A1 and B1 DIMM slots. I just updated to the latest BIOS. Thanks
>>
>>61203620
It's windows. Reinstalling the whole thing just might be less trouble than actually fixing something.
>>
>>61203664
Do you see how fucking unprofessional that is though? It's like having an auto mechanic recommend buying a new car because he can't figure out how to reinstall your oil filter. It's so unthinkably lazy I have no idea how anyone calling themselves a professional or tech expert could seriously recommend it anywhere else but at the end of a long list of other options.
>>
File: 1495053715264.jpg (64KB, 662x712px) Image search: [Google]
1495053715264.jpg
64KB, 662x712px
Let's say I want change my career to an IT field. I have no real programming experience apart from "Hello world" programs. What should I learn to get an entry level job in IT as fast as possible?
>>
Is my gpu fucked, /g/? I've been having this problem for a week now and I can't seem to figure out what happened

>wake up one morning
>boot pc
>get pic related

i have an rx 480 and I've never had any problems with it until then, there's nothing wrong with my monitor either, since it works well on another gpu, i took the 480 out and the pc booted up fine. I thought it was some driver install gone bad so i completely reinstalled windows and uninstalled every driver but to no avail

is it fucked? I don't have a spare gpu to fall back on
>>
>>61203725
the gpu is TOAST
>>
As a mediocre full-stack developer, what are your options to make money if you can only work for yourself? I mean no freelancing, no office-slaving. My autism gets in the way.

Is every developer with the ability to put something useful on the internet capable of making a modest amount of money nowadays or is working for yourself a luxury only those who got lucky along the way can afford?

tl;dr is making money fully doable if you don't work for someone else
>>
>>61203333
Anyone?
>>
File: crying_hands_on_head.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
crying_hands_on_head.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>61203592
>atlas
I don't know what this is, please explain.
>>
>>61197133
>why?
Fun and can engage your critical thinking. It can also automate some of your daily stuff.

>benefits
Possibly can get you a job if you have a degree, but, barring that, it is just fun.

>money
With a degree, yes

>late?
no.

>Depressed
You are on /g/
>>
>>61203740
that's what i'm assuming but my audio system isn't working either. It's *there*, it's on, but no sound comes out, and that happened the same day too

could it be my mobo?
>>
>>61203760
Okay... who do you THINK is going to pay you money if you're neither working for someone directly nor taking freelance assignments?
>>
>>61203694
>unprofessional
>/sqt/
I've probably helped 100+ annons on here, and never made a cent. I swear you guys are getting more entitled every year.
>>
>>61203802
atlas.torproject.org
>>
Started using chrome but having an issue. It will bring my history up in the URL bar whenever I search for anything. I've disabled everything predictive in the settings and clearing my history will stop the suggestions. But obviously the second I search for anything the suggestion will come back as it's now in my history. Couldn't find a permanent solution for this via Google as everyone just says to delete your history not realising it'll just come back. Is there anyway I can disable this feature with an addon or otherwise?
>>
>>61203802
https://atlas.torproject.org/

Someone is most likely using your IP for it. Not malicious or intentional but >>61203625

Just reboot.
>>
>>61203620
You vastly overestimate how hard it is to reinstall. Some people do it every few months. Image your disk and it'll be even easier next time.
>>
How do you guys keep your rooms cool when your pc is on? My bf and i have both our pcs in the same room. Even without them on the room feels hotter than the rest of the house, i think the vent is fucky. Currently have a ceiling fan on pretty much 24/7, as well as a small portable fan whenever needed, but you can still feel the heat. Wouldnt be too bad if we wernt in the middle of a Texas summer. Any ideas?
>>
File: b60d56d2f8f64fbead0afc35dd09af8c.jpg (975KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
b60d56d2f8f64fbead0afc35dd09af8c.jpg
975KB, 1536x1536px
I am set on learning web dev, but every time I start I get caught up on what to build, rather than learning how to build.

I want to learn, but I don't want to just waste my time. If I make websites, I would at least want to be able to use them as portfolio pieces, ya know?

Is there some solid website ideas that are simple enough learn on, but not completely useless like making another one of the 70000 hardcoded empty blogs out there?
>>
Stuck with satellite internet at home, data cap is worse than a shitty phone plan.
Can I download via SFTP at wifi hotspots, like a library, or will they usually have the network configured to prevent this?
>>
Which distro should I use?
>>
>>61204065
Fans don't really help remove the heat unless they're pushing it either into the room or out of it.
>>
>>61204065
>Even without them on the room feels hotter than the rest of the house
That doesn't sound like a computer problem them. I'm sure it exacerbates it but I would look to solving the initial problem.

If you live in texas and do not own an AC that is a tragedy and you should fix that. No amount of fans is going to fix that terrible heat.
>>
>>61204117
Ubuntu.
>>
>>61204112
Try it. I'd say most networks wouldn't bother locking it out.
>>
>>61203694
>>61203620
how is anyone supposed to know what obscure audio problem you have and what the solution is. most people's audio work fine so you might have fucked up your installation or maybe you have a hardware fault which would be impossible to fix through software.
>>
>>61204170
Okay, which de env?
>>
>>61204238
Just stock gnome. LTS if you're lazy.
>>
>>61204265
> not i3-gaps
>>
>>61204300
If someone's askin here, they don't need a WM
>>
>>61203839
I didn't mean here dumbass, the places that are designed to help you
>>
Is the G502 worth it?
>>
>>61197103
How to install loonix on a surface 3
>>
>>61204665
Pretty sure it's so locked down that you can't.
>>
>>61204159
>texas with no AC
>in the summer
Id either be dead, or wishing i was. We have an ac unit, im going to take the vent cover off and look around.
>>61204133
Thanks, forgot about that. Ill try putting it in the doorway but it didnt seem to help much the last few times
>>
File: sqt (23104).jpg (13KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
sqt (23104).jpg
13KB, 600x300px
is there a magical, amazing, premium, super, plus, advanced, genius...
way to do this (keep the variable value between two other values)
    if (red < 0) red = 0;
else if (red > 255) red = 255;

[/kode
?
>>
Witch programming language i should learn?
I am after high school, i do know php js html css sql
>>
>>61204869
COBOL
>>
>>61204869
Depends. Why do you want to learn another programming language?
>>
>>61203831
Ads, SaaS
>>
>>61204841
min(max(0, red), 255))
, anything more readable simply wont do. What you have is nice and readable. Just wrap it in a helper function aptly named clamp.
>>
>>61200639
Only true for Windows crap. Macs and Linux don't have this problem.
>>
>>61204932
SaaS requires you to own or rent infrastructure for you to run it on. And you'd have to do something that's either quite unique, or at least competitive feature- and/or price-wise. And then someone has to take care of marketing and shit. I don't think that's the kind of thing a single person can manage by themselves(though I could be wrong here).
>>
File: cord.png (686KB, 1880x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cord.png
686KB, 1880x1080px
So my GPU isn't listed in mjy Device Managers. I'm pretty sure it's broken but I'm desperately trying things out. I've tried just about everything now including baking it. So I was about to update my Bios and notice under other device's there is generic(note: not PNP, but I don't know the diff) monitor. Could this be my gpu or is that just normal?
>>
How can I make a laptop Celeron (N3050) run at turbo mode fulltime ? or at least running at an specific clockrate without changing constantly the frequency
BIOS doesnt have shit
>>
>>61204869

Python to start out and get you familiar with the concept

Java to expand your knowledge and make you employable

C after that to give you a good base all sorts of applications

After that, it is up to you, but I would get to know basic assembly (possibly ARM)

After that, the world is yours.
>>
why do i look for porn with girls that look like my ex?
>>
how do you guys backup your files onto another disk?

I backup mine twice a year and I usually just delete and copy over everything, since I move files and folders from one location to another on my main disk while adding new ones, so if I just incrementally copy all the new folders I'll get duplicates on my backup.

I know it's an easy fix it's just been a rough day and want to get it over with.
>>
>>61204894
>>61205122
i want to be happy empolyed men and i do like to code
i have already done some little projects in AutoIt v3, just little programs to help me in some games etc
>>
>>61205170
rsync
>>
What should I be looking into PC-wise if I need it to be smooth as possible in general use, Adobe Suite, and media playing (4k, 60FPS, 10bit)? No gaming. Everything like in a high end PC except for GPU? High-end GPU as well?
>>
>>61205186
It's hard to go wrong with Java if you just want to be employable. Node.js and Python/django would also be good options if you want to deal with back-end for web-services.
>>
>>61205125
Because your gay mate. Sorry to break it to you. Go to Pride and find someone to fill that void in your life
>>
Why I can't disable orthographic control on my android Kitkat? Huawey y625 w/ root
>>
File: what-a-fucking-retard.jpg.png (261KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
what-a-fucking-retard.jpg.png
261KB, 552x414px
>>61205354
>your gay mate
>your gay
>your
>>
File: file.png (61KB, 391x390px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
61KB, 391x390px
Bought a meme headset about 6 months ago, and the left cup started to fail. The volume in said cup is significantly lower than the right one and the only thing that fixes (temporary) it is placing something thin in the gap between the case and the wheel, raising it.
anyone else here had a similar issue with this type of volume controls? is there a way to fix it?
>>
>>61205462
and then they're's this guy
>>
>>61205423
>orthographic control
what do you mean
>>
>>61205538
i think he means the spell checker
>>
>>61205558
Correct
>>
>>61199967
Damn. That's the base level logic I should have thought about. I'll find some old one and do that.
>>
>>61198567
>>61200056
>run chkdsk
What if I don't want to run chkdsk everyday?
I've been using CrystalDiskInfo and the cmd wmic diskdrive get status command and it says it's fine.
>>
File: file.png (56KB, 219x219px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
56KB, 219x219px
Is it a good idea to get a second-hand SSD?
>>
Guys the place I've frequent to had free wifi I can only use it for about an hour. After that it said I need to wait for at least 24 hours as cooldown period. No matter how I tried to connect and reconnect to the wifi, the message keep popping out.

Is there a way I can continue to use the wifi after the time limit?
>>
>>61206191
PSU's and HDD/SDD should never be skimped on
>>
>>61206224
See it there's a way to change your WiFi adapter's MAC address.
>>
>>61206191
>second-hand SSD

Why? SSDs are cheap. Yes, they are pricier byte for byte than a HDD, but they are still not that pricey that it would not even make any sense ever to get one used.
>>
>>61206191
Depends on how old the SSD is, what's the model, and how much money you save. Old SSDs would wear out pretty quickly. Modern SSDs(like 850 evo and pro) have memory cells that last pretty much indefinitely, so wearing out the memory cells shouldn't be a problem, it's more of a question of how long the other parts will last.

But you can get a brand new 250GB 850 EVO for less than $100, so I'd probably just get a new one anyway.
>>
File: 1490243846044.jpg (217KB, 1250x1248px) Image search: [Google]
1490243846044.jpg
217KB, 1250x1248px
Are there any android camera apps that can take pics at specified time intervals like old nokia phones used to do? Like the timed mode bit on a loop?
>>
What are the main requirements for a laptop screen to work as a replacement? I think the only thing that matters is connector and signal right?
>>
I left two batteries in a Logitech wireless keyboard for a few years and it ended up leaking acid inside the compartment. I was able to get the batteries out but there's still a hardened chunk of acid about the size of a Tic-Tac in the spring. If I get that acid out, will it still work?
>>
>>61206382
Also anyone know what 'signal interface position reverse' means?
>>
>>61206532
the connector has a flipped orientation
>>
>>61202973
Some languages (like C# for instance) treat structs differently than Classes when it comes to instantiation and memory allocation. In C# structs can be allocated in the stack or in the heap, objects are always stored in the heap. Structs have to be boxed and unboxed to access their values, objects not necesarily. Classes can have private fields whereas structs cannot.

See what your language provides and check what is more useful to you.
>>
>>61205423
Ditto, remains active for me too
>>
>>61206231
>>61206265
>>61206267
cause I was thinking about getting a small SSD to slap in this PC that is limited to only having 4GB of RAM, I assume that an SSD, since it's faster, would be able to "free up" RAM faster, but since it's an old computer, I was thinking about getting a used SSD for the time being

>get a better computer

this is actually a pet project of mine, there's something really amusing about coming up with workarounds to limitations. it's like tuning a car for better performance and they tell you "get an LS1 instead"; it's not fun.
>>
>>61203090
Please!
>>
>>61206285
An automation app like llama might be able to.
>>
>>61203090
Basically any.
>>
What does memory initialization error mean when you don't have any RAM plugged in the mobo?
>>
>>61207403
memory failed to initialize because you don't have any
>>
>>61203090
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>good battery life
>>
>>61207172
https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?src=SearchBar&q=ips+laptop+15&pp=20&sort=relevance&previousdays=14&forumid%5B%5D=30&forumid%5B%5D=9&forumid%5B%5D=25&r=1
>>
When I fix my SSD disc permissions it completely stalls here indefinitely. Whats going wrong?
>>
I just got a 4tb hard drive (Hitachi ultrastar to be exact), and it's really loud (eve manages to vibrate my computer and desk) and makes weird clunking noises when I write to it, yet the SMART data says it's healthy. What do?
>>
I've got the proper configuration for my controller working on Mupen64Plus after figuring out that it didn't have permission to libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0.

The controller is detected, I can see on the plugin configuration page that the correct buttons are assigned, but when I start a game it uses the previous default configuration.

The only error message I see is one related to RumblePack.

How do I solve this, /g/?
>>
>>61207414
Nig the bios should start without memory
>>
Here's the error message if it matters:
Input: Couldn't open device file '/dev/input/event15' for rumble support.
do_connect: could not connect to socket
connect: No such file or directory
Core: LIRC disabled: Error contacting daemon!
>>
How did guys like Zeno, Archimedes, Achilles, Aristotle, etc. earn a living? These guys laid the groundwork for some of the most important theoretical concepts and ideas that go into modern tech - but today, the idea of a man sitting around and thinking of paradoxes and puzzles is silly. I'd imagine they did their thinking, and then went on to their day job of cleaning the poop ditches or selling fruit or whatever. Is that correct or did they actually get paid to think up cool shit.
>>
>>61207822
Do a surface test
>>
>>61207841
Yes it will start to tell you that it needs memory then shut off.
>>
>>61207841
>the bios should start without memory
but it can't finish without memory though.

>>61207860
They most likely got paid by disciples. In more specific examples Aristotle WAS a scientist and a teacher so it's possible the rest had similar jobs, especially in tutelage.
>>
>>61207904
How does one obtain disciples today? Also
>>61207860
>Achilles
Oops. I was thinking about the turtle race story.
>>
>>61207955
start a cult
>>
>>61207955
Patreon
>>
File: md5.png (24KB, 717x628px) Image search: [Google]
md5.png
24KB, 717x628px
how are tripcodes calculated, is there "official" documentation a round?
>>
How do I uninstall fucking mcafee
It's not in add and uninstall programs fyi
My brother wants me to fix up his shitty laptop and I can not figure it out for the life of me, I unprotected the files so they can be deleted but yet they still wont uninstall. please help.
>>
>>61207955
>How does one obtain disciples today?
Today you'd have to become a vocal advocate of feminism who's vehemently intolerant of anyone who contradicts your ideology. So basically this >>61207962 >>61207974

Don't forget to continually invent/exaggerate your harassment.
>>
>>61207874
What’s a good program for doing that?
>>
>>61207822
it's normal for hitachi/hgst enterprise drives
>>
>>61198611
Are they all individual runs from the wall panel to the cabinet? If so, cut the wires at the plastic joiner things, crimp on new RJ45 ends, plug them all into a gigabit capable switch. Check for a cat rating on the cable, if it's cat5+ you're probably fine, if it's cat3 phone wire you may have issues.
>>
>>61199038
Note the adapter just changes the physical connection, the keyboard itself needs to support PS/2 data too. Generic cheapo keyboards usually will, anything fancy often won't.
>>
File: 1483564995065.gif (664KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1483564995065.gif
664KB, 500x374px
Is there a non autistically hard to setup, plain ftp server for linux shell?
I keep running into problems setting up vsftpd and the like.
Maybe something that lets me list ftp users, passwords and home dirs without resorting to creating new shell users?

This kind of autism-fest is why year of the linux desktop is 44,000AD+, fuck.
>>
File: 1498524024252.jpg (59KB, 640x415px) Image search: [Google]
1498524024252.jpg
59KB, 640x415px
>>61208361
>This kind of autism-fest is why year of the linux desktop is 44,000AD+, fuck.
I was going to help you til i read this nonsense.
>>
File: 1495455157680.jpg (28KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
1495455157680.jpg
28KB, 540x489px
>>61208411
>nonsense

It had ~40 years to gain some footing and look where it is.
Face it: no normies, no market share.
>>
>>61208586
>no market
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Market_share_by_category
>>
I add a bunch of magnet links to any client and it just stays with the metadata name,and it never resolves to the actual name or starts
The torrents are brand new torrents and they have a fuck ton of peers.What could cause this?
>>
>>61208707
make sure your incoming port is not firewalled
consider increasing the allowed connection count if it's low
leave your client running longer, it might just not have had time to bootstrap DHT well
... make sure DHT is enabled
>>
What's the point of fighting for Net Neutrality?

Web services don't deserve your loyalty.
>>
>>61208951
Explain how net neutrality has anything to do with loyalty
>>
>>61208942
>firewall
Its open
>connection count
Counts are set to -1,unlimited or not capped depending on the client
>dht
Its been a few hours and yes dht is open and is connected to over 400 nodes.I leave the client open 24/7 even if there are no torrents being used
>>
>>61208967
Big companies like Google are exploiting you, so why do you care if ISPs try to blackmail them for extra $$$
>>
>>61208974
post magnet/btih, see if i can resolve it
>>
>>61208982
How is this just about big companies or Google in particular? Big companies are the ones who can afford the extortion, smaller companies would get squeezed out.
>>
>>61208982
You must buy the Degenerate Package II to access reddit,9gag and 4chan.This package cost $89.99 per month in addition to your core package
>>
>>61209032
Except this is never gonna happen. ISPs are not gonna charge their customers. Styxhexenmemer666 said this too.
>>
>>61209056
Bruh,shit LEAKED showing different access packages.

IT WILL HAPPEN.Look at how many companies are now putting in monthly caps that are really restrictive.
>>
>>61209056
Well if a shirtless guy on youtube said it then I'm convinced
>>
>>61209056
Imagine having like a 100gb per month data cap, but approved shit is exempt.
>>
>>61197103
How do I start Rainmeter? Clicking the icon in the start menu doesn't do anything. I see it come up for a split second in the Task Manager and it then disappears.

I am running Windows 10 Home Premium. I installed it with the default options.
Thread posts: 367
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.