[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was 2007 the year where the Internet really changed? The NSA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1499051612009.png (17KB, 702x184px) Image search: [Google]
1499051612009.png
17KB, 702x184px
Was 2007 the year where the Internet really changed?

The NSA launches their PRISM Internet-spying program
The Big bang theory debuts, popularizing "geek culture"
Tumblr founded
Facebook and Reddit report significant increases in traffic
Myspace reports a significant decrease in traffic
1st Generation iPhones launches, allowing millions of people easy access to the Internet
Twitter gains massive popularity after a marketing campaign at SXSW Festival
The Cake is a Lie
Keep Calm and Carry on
>>
I think it all changed with the Patriot act.
>>
What really did the internet was iPhones.

>iPhones put women on technology
>Women download apps
>Women branch off on to the internet, but only the simple part that they understand how to use (twitter, facebook, tumblr)
>Women eat up social media like crap since it helps give their useless existence validation
>This creates insane bubbles and circlejerks (SJWs)
>Women eventually start to shit up the entirety of the internet

To be fair though, you have to throw in monetization in there as well. Money ruined the free press just like its ruining the internet.
>>
how old are you idiots

sure it's gotten worse but that's been the general trend since at least AOL
>>
>>61196435
No it was 1994.
I don't think I need to explain myself.
>>
No you just became old enough in 2007 to feel nostalgic
>>
File: LHC5.jpg (217KB, 748x595px) Image search: [Google]
LHC5.jpg
217KB, 748x595px
>>61196435
The internet changed, when myspace *launched* or so. Probably earlier.
Also no one used first gen iphones for actual internet. 2G was torturous. Tumblr, accordingly, was an extension of lifejournal as it was bought by russians. Also the fuck is sxsw (non burger here)
>>61196487
It all started around late 90s, pefect example being livejournal. iphones didnt really change everything that much.
>>
>>61196506
>>61197481
1994 aka "the eternal summer" was the first normie wave into the internet. 2007 was the second
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.