[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even possible to use an Android device if you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170702-230517.png (36KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170702-230517.png
36KB, 480x800px
Is it even possible to use an Android device if you don't want to do this? Whose fault is it that fdroid never has anything useful?
>>
>>61195872
create a fake one, it's never going to ask you for it again
>>
>>61195872
> fdroid never has anything useful
it has Yalp Store
>>
>>61195872
Don't install gapps you retard
>>
>>61195872
>I don't trust Google
>let me buy a GooglePhone

OP...
>>
>>61196002
Tracfone doesn't carry Jollas though.
>>
>>61196038

You're supposed to buy your phone from the phone manufacturer, NOT from your carrier.
>>
>>61195872
>no viber, owntracks
>huge battery drain on signal, whatsapp and any other app with GCM
>no indoor or fast gps fix (unifiednlp is broken piece of shit)
>no contacts sync (davdroid is not working propery if you are using "local" storage)
>>
Install Lineage, and don't install GApps.
>>
>>61196079
This. Don't fall for the easy financing or contract incentives. Don't go into debt for a phone and doubly don't tie the financing to your phone plan
>>
>>61195872
Sure. Install lineage and Aptoide. There are many APKs you can find.
>>
>>61195872

>be watching UPF on giantbomb
>they finally get a new tv
>its got an android touchpad "remote"
>jeff's face when brad cant access the tv menu to change the settings cause it asks for a google account sign in
>he then tells them to just use the buttons on the TV
>drew turns to him and says "there are none"
>none of them want to attach their personal google accounts to the tablet remote
>>
>>61195872
>fdroid never has anything useful
>what is Lightning, KISS launcher, Adaway etc
Also, what is .apk
>>
>>61195872
LineageOS does not have this problem
>>
Lineage sucks.
>>
>>61195989
this
>>
>>61200907
[citation needed]
>>
>>61196350
>no viber, owntracks
Viber works fine for me, even getting notifications since it doesn't use GCM.

>huge battery drain on signal, whatsapp and any other app with GCM
Maybe because it's constantly trying to connect but it keeps failing. If you use 3C Toolbox you can disable GCM from the app.

>no indoor or fast gps fix (unifiednlp is broken piece of shit)
I get GPS lock almost instantly. I do agree that the GPS doesn't work well indoor but why would you need a GPS indoor anyway? As for GPS taking long to get a lock it might be because the default NTP server isn't optimal so modify /etc/gps.conf and change the value of NTP_SERVER to your country's NTP pool. Also to get UnifiedNlp working you need to install it like this:
>download NetworkLocation.apk from https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_UnifiedNlp/releases
>open terminal from download folder
>adb root && adb remount
>adb push NetworkLocation.apk /system/priv-app/NetworkLocation.apk
>adb reboot
Then just configure it (I think you need to remount /system as ro, not sure if it resets after reboot or not).

>no contacts sync (davdroid is not working propery if you are using "local" storage)
You can backup contacts, SMS and app data to the phone and then use adb to transfer it to your computer.

>>61200907
Depends on your phone. The thing is that the manufacturer might only officially support Lollipop which can cause trouble when you have drivers made for Lollipop running on Nougat.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.