[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know shit about cell phone towers? Sprint is claiming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: CellTower.jpg (87KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
CellTower.jpg
87KB, 1280x853px
Anyone know shit about cell phone towers?

Sprint is claiming that I have perfect coverage in my area according to their maps, but I don't get SHIT for coverage around my area. Is there shit I could do to boost my coverage at all?
>>
What do you mean by shit for coverage?
Also, they could just be lying to you so you stay with Sprint
Also, where do you live?
>>
>>61195361
you can buy cell reception boosters, but you need to install an ariel onto you house and will be limited to yout house.

Short of getting Sprint to increase coverage you are fucked.
>>
>>61195361
Used to install towers if that helps :)
>>
>>61195378
I live in NJ. The coverage is literally fine everywhere outside of the area surrounding my apartment complex. There's a shit load of trees because it's by a park, don't know if that's cutting into it, but as soon as I get on the road near my place the signal just drops.

By "drops" I mean from speed tests it goes from 10ish MBPs to 0.5 and less, and the call quality drops sharply.

Again, the coverage is FINE except in my area surrounding my apartment, even outside of it. I can't even use my cell service in my apartment, have to use WiFi calling/data.
>>
>>61195427
Just want to mention, by outside of the area I only mean like 5-8 minutes out. There's a Sprint store that distance from my place and the coverage is stellar.
>>
>>61195389
What provider? My company did 95% Verizon
>>
>>61195361
>>61195427
>>61195436
I just did a reception test and I'm getting like -100 or lower dBm... Just to verify it wasn't the phone's antenna I put the sim in another phone to try and it's about the same.

I'm fucked aren't I?
>>
>>61195386
>ariel

How is a cartoon mermaid going to boost your cellphone reception??
>>
>>61195361
You could bitch to sprint or throw down 75$ to get a VOIP femtocell, assumming you have good internet.

It basically intercepts your cell communications and routes them through the internet.
>>
>>61195754
I mean I've got a good internet connection and I'm already using wifi calling and shit. It's just horrendous coverage. If my internet or power goes out I basically have no service. I don't know what the fuck I'm paying for at that point.
>>
>>61195361
>Sprint
>perfect coverage
>>
>>61195684
>-100dbm
Is any fucking provider transmitting at that area ffs
>>
>>61196007
I just came over from AT&T and my signal with them was fairly low in this area too. Which prompted me to change carriers. It just got worse with Sprint.

Only problem is I got a great deal on the phone and don't want to fucking switch carriers AGAIN. AT&T is also expensive as fuck for unlimited data.
>>
File: 1474227806556.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474227806556.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>61195361
sprint is garbage

sadly they were the only ones offering unlimited data...on a business account...using 3rd party promotional loopholes

>mfw 9Mb down
>>
Sprint is aids. They always claim they cover your area, but unless you live in a city you get no coverage.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.