[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I falling for the meme with this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (843KB, 1313x628px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
843KB, 1313x628px
Am I falling for the meme with this?
>>
>>61188503
no. it's by far the best bang for the buck in USB audio interfaces. it works great.

ps: you can also use it as a headphone amp.
>>
>>61188520
>headphone amp
would that be better than my dedicated sound card?
said sound card: sound blaster x-fi xtreme audio
>>
>>61188545
yes, source: i have a 2i4
>>
>>61188599
thanks. i guess i can just trash my soundcard now if it will sound better for my cans.
>>
Yes. You are overpaying for features you don't need, or will ever use for 100 dollars. It is designed for budget/entry level studios.

Your soundcard is just fine and better suited for what you need.
>>
It's decent but have a look at other brands like Presonus and Steinberg too
All interfaces around the same price range will have similar preamps and features so buy the best you can afford and consider the layout of the knobs/build quality/aesthetics when you buy
>>
>>61188599
The amp on the lower end audio interfaces from them isn't good enough for higher end headphones (HD600+).

Unless you go for the scarlet 18i8 which has a beefier amp.
>>
Has anyone ever had a xenyx 802 (not usb) break?
>>
>>61188995
I use a behringer Xenyx502 USB
Shitty quality. Potis are fucked after 5 months of usage.
just don't.
Get something different. I'm looking at a Yamaha AG06 at the moment.
>>
>>61188503
>>61188700
I got it to mess around with recording guitar and playing in my apartment and it works great if that's what you are looking for OP
>>
File: 8-group.png (154KB, 506x338px) Image search: [Google]
8-group.png
154KB, 506x338px
>>61188503
I use my Solo for gaming because of the mic.
The direct monitor feed from mic is also nice so you hear yourself instantly instead of with a slight delay and makes gaming with headphones less annoying and isolated.
Not sure about the headphones since I use my PortaPro and Sony MDR EX650AP instead of those.
>>
>>61188995
I have mine for 6 years now
its been through hell and back, use it to gig with my industrial-punk band, recieved multiple projetiles while playing and it works 100% from day one.
I dont know what kind of sorcery was used to build it, the mf just refuses to die
>>
>>61188520
>usb
isnt that much worse quality than xlr? wouldnt that be worse than whats in my sound card?
>>
>>61189517
>>61189440
>>61189361
>>61188710
>>61188599
>>61188520
thanks everybody. just ordered one!
>>
>>61188668
The guys says it's better, not that it will necessarily sound better. X-Fi Xtreme Audio is fine and I would bet you don't notice any difference at all in audio quality.

The Focusrite thing is better because it has good inputs, preamps for microphones/instruments, and real-time monitoring capability.
>>
File: um2.jpg (20KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
um2.jpg
20KB, 425x425px
I was going to post this on SQT, but this thread seems more relevant. Is the Behringer UM2 for $30 in order to power an MXL 2001 that I got for $5 at a swap meet. I didn't want to spend a lot to power the a $5 mic that isn't anything special, and I also figured that this interface would be good enough to use as an input for Rocksmith.

What are your thoughts on this interface, did I fuck up, or is it good enough?
>>
>>61188503
Yes.

the Behringer UMC line of soundcards offer more i/o for less

The xenyx preamps are good quality.

Build quality is slightly lower
>>
>>61189856
Probably fine IMO. Behringer is mainly derided for it's shitty warranty support and lack of reliability. There's nothing really wrong with it's entry-level gear compared to other vendors' entry-level.
>>
>>61188503
It's an amazing interface, my only complaint is that it could have a bit more gain. If you are using a mic that doesn't require external power you can buy a cloudfilter in the future if you need it.
>>
>>61190158
Agreed more gain would be nice. I have the 18i8 and sometimes wish I'd gone for the Saffire Pro. I suppose I could always add an Octopre Mk. II Dynamic.
>>
>>61189923

this is 100% correct

behringer's circuit is actually better engineered as long as its not DOA because of chinese soldering
>>
>>61188503
Yes. Amateur musicians are the only people easier to scam than audiophiles
>>
>>61189543
what are you talking about? USB has nothing to do with the quality of the audio.
>>
>>61188503
I have this and whenever I plugged my monitors into them, the sound gets distorted and sounds roboty until I unplug and plug it back in.
What gives?
>>
>>61188503
The Windows drivers for this thing are fucking abysmal. Just turning off the device while it's being used causes a BSOD because of an uncaught exception. And after a while it just derps out and the sound starts to fuck up. Works great on GNU/Linux or macOS though.
>>
>>61190510
Yeah even on Linux... It works great 95% of the time, but sometimes it hangs and I start getting a million USB messages in my dmesg until I reset everything. I have the 18i8.

Also, if I recall, there's a way to use it stand-alone without a PC, but you configure that mode from Linux.
>>
>>61190558
...But you *can't* configure that mode from Linux
>>
>>61188503
i'm a musician and i need it so i use it. works perfectly. download my mixtape.
>>
>>61188503
I heard these low end Scarlets are trash. But that was on Totalbiscuit's podcast, so take that for what it's worth.

Personally, I'm interested in the coming-soon Roland Rubix interfaces.
>>
>>61190558
I've got the 6i6, never had any issues on Linux.
>>
>>61190584
Yeah what did they mean by that? That they just stop working or break after a while?
>>
>>61188700

>designed for budget/entry level studios
>1 mic pre

How do you think I know that you know fuck all about anything audio?

Also none had asked OP what you want it for. Do you even want to record with it? If you only need a DAC for headphones then get something dedicated for that, it is not the primary intention of the Focusrite.

If you want to record then it's a decent bedroom-tier interface for a solo musician to work on your own stuff, if you want to multitrack you'll need something with more mic pre's.
>>
2i2 old and new model owner, the 'old' works perfectly for my minimal needs.

I just use it to connect my KRK's and volume knob.
sure, i could have used the RCA directly to motherboard, saving $150, but nope.
>>
>>61190667
Something like that. They've all used them at one time or another, and all had problems with them. They're the meme interface for youtubers.
>>
Do you guys think it's worth it to,spend as much as 3 grand on an audio interface if you are a professional musician?
>>
>>61191575
Sure. Why not?

Uber drivers spend $20k or $30k on their car.
>>
>>61189517
>>61189175
I recently plugged my mic into the xenyx, but the recordings sounded all robotic and distorted. It's strange since it worked perfectly just a few weeks ago. It can't be my mic because it just sat in its case the whole time.
>>
>le 'anything I am too stupid to understand is a meme' meme
fucking kill yourself OP
>>
How well would this work with a BM-800?
>>
File: 41fQPfkZoBL.jpg (25KB, 500x302px) Image search: [Google]
41fQPfkZoBL.jpg
25KB, 500x302px
>>61188503
Is the (((Steinberg))) UR12 a suitable alternative to the Scarlett? I see a lot of people hype up the Scarlett but I never hear so much as a peep about the UR12.
>>
>>61192018
This is a good post
>>
>>61188503
it's really good. drivers are superb too
>>
Best drivers come from a company called RME

They are German
>>
>>61190676
Because you agreed with me after trying to establish dominance on an anonymous message board?

Ergo we know shit, you ass blasted faggot.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.