[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you run Firefox, do this in about:config dom.ipc.processCount

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: guidelines-logo.7ea045a4e288.png (56KB, 267x272px) Image search: [Google]
guidelines-logo.7ea045a4e288.png
56KB, 267x272px
If you run Firefox, do this in about:config
dom.ipc.processCount
set it to 4 or above
Restart and Firefox is fast again.

Switched from Chrome and FF is now way faster imo. So much better than chrome if you are a power user with many tabs open.

Also check in about:support that multiprocess is enabled
>>
>>61173991
I would do this if it didn't make my GPU run at full 3D clocks all the time with it enabled.
>>
File: 1497997276805.jpg (260KB, 686x714px) Image search: [Google]
1497997276805.jpg
260KB, 686x714px
>>61173991
>power user
>>
does anyone else get really bad ram leakage with the new multi process firefox? it used to cap out at about 10GB but now it just keeps going until it eats up all of my ram.
>>
>>61174252
I am using 775mb of ram.11 tabs open.
I'm still running v41 though.
>>
>>61174282
well i typically have a few hundred tabs open so high ram usage is expected, but before this release it always seemed to cap out at a reasonable amount.
>>
>>61174252
~350mb of RAM with 6 tabs open
>>
>>61173991
>many tabs open
DIsgusting
>>
>>61174327
>few hundred tabs
Autist
>>
>>61173991
It's automatically set in beta and nightly. Or if you have a Mozilla account and sync settings.
>>
>>61174252
Mine is using 3GB at most with 40+ tabs open, most of them being media tabs (JewTube)
>>
>>61174252
<200MB with two tabs
>>
>>61174517
easily manageable with tree style tabs.

>>61174569
how long has it been open for? mine is only using about 3GB right now, but if i don't open any more tabs and just leave it running it will grow to about 20GB by the end of the day.
>>
>>61174671
>how long has it been open for.
I shut down the browser only once a day, when their update becomes available and it needs a restart. I suspend my PC instead of turning it off, basically leave the browser in RAM for 24h at a time. And I usually never close it and only minimize it since I often leave my tabs open to check shit later.
Basically it's open for a long time. If you don't count the time it's suspended it gets at least 4h of continuous usage daily.

>20GB
I'm not sure what would cause it to leak that much.
>>
So what version should I be using; Beta, Developer, or Nightly?
>>
>>61175356
Nightly if you can bother dealing with it, beta otherwise.
>>
>>61175356
Nightly if you don't mind daily updates.
Beta if you do mind daily updates.
Developer, just don't.
Stable if you don't mind waiting for features and potential performance improvements.

I personally use nightly, but use whatever you feel is best.
>>
>>61174252
Suspend tab kills the new multiprocess feature but at least I doesn't hog resources.
>>
>>61173991
real men set it to -1
>>
>>61173991
No, kys
>>
File: 1473650710583.png (24KB, 1004x449px) Image search: [Google]
1473650710583.png
24KB, 1004x449px
>>61173991
>dom.ipc.processCount
mine was already 4
firefox dev edition masterrace
>>
>>61175440
do daily updates do anything?
>>
>>61174252
FF Nightly, two processes, using 1.6GB (6GB total) with around 25 tabs (some youtubes). It was open for quite a while, after a restart it's using around 1GB.

Doesn't feel slow nor slows down other things in the computer (at least not as much as chrome) so it seems fine to me.
>>
>>61174252
250MB with about 10 tabs open.
>>
I keep getting a problem where Firefox repeatedly opens in a smaller window. Maximizing it every time is a pain. Killing xulstore.json does nothing and refreshing did not solve the issue. Any idea? Waterfox does not give me the same issue.
>>
File: firefox.png (43KB, 1240x574px) Image search: [Google]
firefox.png
43KB, 1240x574px
The fuck have Mozilla done to their Firefox site? It's some 90s shit right now.
>>
Holly KEK, it's really fast.

Upboated.
>>
>>61177903
you got hacked.
>>
>>61173991
Wow. Thanks!
>>
Confirming this works - nice. Usually don't like FF either. Thanks -
>>
>>61175440
whats wrong with devfox?
>>
>>61173991
This gave me a virus, watch out everyone.
>>
>>61177903

oh god what the fuck why no what the fuck why would mozila do that when theyre a fucking web browser website company and then they turn their website into a fucking slideshow listicle why would you do this mozilla is it a prank who thought that was a good idea i can only read like one sentence on any viewport-sized section seriously there is no reason to do that and i have no idea why you would do that did someone really work on that and then on top of just crreating that shit think it looked better than what you had before the design doesnt look modern or classic it looks like a shitty buzzfeed blog tumblr that doesnt care that it sucks and if i zoom out all the way and view the whole page i can still read everything what the fuck that means there no point in having the webpage scroll at all why are you doing this youd think that a company that makes a popular web browser would have a decent looking site holy shit its like google took it over and then googlified it but couldnt use the material design because it wasnt technically a google product or some shit you could have made a much better site if there were no css at all i dont even want to look at that and surely i wouldnt download the browser if i already had in fact im rethinking that now because holy fuck is that what your going to do to firefox's ui?
>>
>>61174252
Weirdly I've found 8ch accelerates the leakage to insane levels.

Without any 8ch tabs open, it stays up for days, with 8ch it's dead in 6 hours. This appears to happen on no other site (Maybe YouTube to a lesser degree, but I have YouTube centre after a series of updates without deleting everything and starting again, so that might be my own lazy fault.)
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.