[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best 2 in 1 detachable on the market? Anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: asus-transformer-3-pro.jpg (36KB, 1000x554px) Image search: [Google]
asus-transformer-3-pro.jpg
36KB, 1000x554px
What's the best 2 in 1 detachable on the market? Anything good coming soon?
>>
>>61173153
were not in a point in technology where we can have good detachables yet
the form factor doesnt have enough thermal capacity to run a decent x86 cpu and have battery for it
it is possible to do with arm, however arm lacks desktop programs
>>
>>61173964
fpbp
>>
>>61174002
suck my fucking dick you fucking retard
>>
>>61173153
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVfOe5mFbAE
>>
File: x220_2.jpg (24KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
x220_2.jpg
24KB, 500x380px
So let's go over this again

detachable
>can't stand up on its own
>need a table or sit perfectly still
>can lose the keyboard
>have to worry about where it is when you are detaching it
>stylus has to be sticking on the side somewhere

swivel tablet
>comes with own hinge
>just another half inch thick
>real keyboard and not chicletshit
>actual power
>stylus fits nicely in bottom part
>can use it and type with one hand while holding it in the air with the other
>actual space for memory, battery, and ssd/hdd so it all isn't soldered together
>half the price
>dock
>more than just 1 usb port

So detachable keyboard laptops are like this 1998 meme shit where the supposedly stylish form factor is so cool yet all it does is get in your way. Every time I see some fuck with one of these he's spending more time fighting the stand than doing anything else.
>>
>>61173153
Depends. Are 2 in 1 laptops acceptable as well?
Basically it depends a lot on what you're willing to pay and what kind of power you need.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (295KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
295KB, 1600x1200px
>>61174064
seriously
why did they stop making these
REEEEEE
>>
http://eve-tech.com/eve-v/

>Detaching the keyboard turns it into a Bluetooth keyboard

Pretty dank
>>
>>61174082
They still do, I'm asking why detachable laptops exist in the first place. Haven't met a single person, even one who bought one or got it for free as part of their job, that doesn't within 10 minutes shout out "GOD DAMN IT I WANT A REAL LAPTOP!"

I haven't seen a single example, normie or not, look at a surface or detachable laptop and say "I want that". This entire form factor is fucked and I don't even know who they're targeting.
>>
>>61174138
They're targeting people who don't want to carry a tablet with them as well as a laptop for just doing something basic as reading a PDF file, and 16:9 is a shit aspect ratio on laptops and the aspect ratio on detachable are much better for productivity.

Landscape mode on a mobile device is only better if you're typing stuff with the keyboard or watching movies, everything else is better in portrait mode.
>>
>>61174138
It'd be awesome if you could detach the display, turn it 90 degrees and reatach. I'd buy that.
Convertibles with digitizer are nice though, it really adds to the product.
>>
>>61174223
If I wanted to do this I'd use a smartphone. and as
>>61174304
pointed out you can't rotate it to be portrait with the keyboard attached. Still don't see the use case for anyone.

oh also if you did have it rotate you'd also have to have the stand rotate. Why not also just make the stand detachable and then you lose that too. this is such a horrible fucking idea
>>
>>61174397
I use my laptop to read pdf files a lot.
Having the thing in portrait mode would be nice for theybetter readability.
If it was possible to keep the keyboard attached in that position I could just alt tab to a word profile to make notes.
A very special usecase I guess, but I'd love to be able to do that.
>>
>>61173153
https://youtu.be/ZjV-c3nP6d8

Full analysis here, the new HP one is a good alternative it seems
>>
>>61174567
Don't get the Spectre, get the Elitebook x360.
You an actually open up the elitebook, unlike the spectre.
>>
>>61174898
This is a whole different category, OP wants tablet computer
>>
>>61175398
Ah shit, I forgot there was a spectre tablet. Thought there were only convertibles with that name.
>>
>>61174138

I want a detachable because I travel a lot, I watch / read shit a lot and most importantly, I draw & design WHILE travelling a lot. Portability is a huge factor for me, and the fact that I have a cintiq incorporated in it is perfect.

>>61174137
I know about the Eve V, anon, but the fact that they're releasing it in fucking batches pisses me off.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.