[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hard truths, prepare yourselves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

>Standing desks are for faggots
>The extra work c requires often negates the performance boost
>White people use java and they make good money doing so
>Compiling code yourself doesn't make it faster
>Stallman is a communist at best, faggot at worst.
>Companies won't go bankrupt bankrolling LGBT bullshit
>Git changed IT more than Linux
>It's Linux not GNU/linux as I am not [country]/anon. I could have been made anywhere.
>>
Truths thread?

OP is most likely clueless /v/edditor manchild
>>
>>61171583
>OP is a faggot at best,
>>
>>61171583
you would have to expand on this one, but otherwise you're right
>>
File: mt-stupid.png (43KB, 613x481px) Image search: [Google]
mt-stupid.png
43KB, 613x481px
>>61171583
>>
>>61171583
>>Standing desks are for faggots
Personal preference, but I agree
>>The extra work c requires often negates the performance boost
You're an idiot if you don't recognize that there are specific use cases for different languages. Go write a driver in Python
>>White people use java and they make good money doing so
Yup
>>Compiling code yourself doesn't make it faster
Yup
>>Stallman is a communist at best, faggot at worst.
This man is your friend. He fights for freedom.
>>Companies won't go bankrupt bankrolling LGBT bullshit
Yup
>>Git changed IT more than Linux
Debatable
>>It's Linux not GNU/linux as I am not [country]/anon. I could have been made anywhere.
Only Stallman cares
>>
>>61171583
>often

It objectively does.
>>
>>61171583
>Compiling code yourself doesn't make it faster
I don't really have time for replying to every one of your misconceptions and educate you, but I'll just let you know that when you build from source you can set the compilation flags just as you want them, thus creating software customized for your system and needs. On the other hand, precompiled software uses very conservative flags because they need to make it compatible with as much hardware as possible. It's genuinely sad that you think making these threads and receiving attention is some kind of achievement though. If this is the current state of your life I advise you to visit this site http://lostallhope.com/ and make an informed decision about your existence.
>>
>>61171642
>You're an idiot if you don't recognize that there are specific use cases for different languages. Go write a driver in Python
>often

He said often, anon
>>
>>61171672
>I don't really have time for replying to every one of your misconceptions and educate you, but I'll just let you know that when you build from source you can set the compilation flags just as you want them, thus creating software customized for your system and needs. On the other hand, precompiled software uses very conservative flags because they need to make it compatible with as much hardware as possible. It's genuinely sad that you think making these threads and receiving attention is some kind of achievement though. If this is the current state of your life I advise you to visit this site http://lostallhope.com/ and make an informed decision about your existence
I don't really have time for replying to every one of your misconceptions and educate you, but I'll just let you know that when you build from source you can set the compilation flags just as you want them, thus creating software customized for your system and needs. On the other hand, precompiled software uses very conservative flags because they need to make it compatible with as much hardware as possible. It's genuinely sad that you think making these threads and receiving attention is some kind of achievement though. If this is the current state of your life I advise you to visit this site http://lostallhope.com/ and make an informed decision about your existence
>>
>>61171583
So much this.

Being in ANY stance over 2-3 hours is bad for you.
Standing, sitting, running, walking.
Humans never evolved to be in constant states for long periods.
The 3 hour is the limit for lower-energy tasks like sitting and walking, 2 hours for the active ones.
There was even more recent evidence to this detrimental effect found recently that running for more than 2 hours constant can cause micro-fissures in the gut, increasing inflammation and, if poor diet, chance of full-blown autoimmune.

Your best solution is a combo desk.
Or if you don't have the space, funds or otherwise, just fucking jump for 5-10 minutes every hour-30 minutes and that's you.
Jumping specifically because it cycles cerebrospinal fluid, your guts contents as well as your overall body, preventing stuff from sticking to the insides of veins as much.
If you are in a work place with others, just go to the toilet and make up the excuse that your ass is broken or something.
>>
>>61171583
True
False, a user can wait the loading spinner in an application but performance worth every dollar in infrastructure.
Nah, it's 100% pooinloos at this point, white people are on the MS C# bandwagon.
No shit it doesn't, Gentoo is source based for the USE flags which are THE solution for customization.
RMS is retarded and probably the biggest force holding back FOSS, but also the person two took it here.
Political correctness is a fucking scam where people virtue signal to each other and fund dumb shit.
I personally don't believe that all the money Intel spent on PC shit couldn't have been more useful if spent on Skylake-X.
This is a "hard" truth, why exactly?
>>It's Linux not GNU/linux as I am not [country]/anon. I could have been made anywhere.
What?
>>
>white people use java

nice try, pajeets are not white
>>

Does nobody here realise that GNU/Linux runs on servers?
That web servers run Linux?
That most organisations have at least one RHEL box out the back?
>>
>>61172226
White people don't use proprietary software.
>>
>>61172596
C# is FOSS
>>
File: ss-2017-07-01-18-40-05.png (869KB, 1364x980px) Image search: [Google]
ss-2017-07-01-18-40-05.png
869KB, 1364x980px
>>61172226
>Nah, it's 100% pooinloos at this point, white people are on the MS C# bandwagon.
le poo in le loo :-DDD
>>
>>61171583
OP is an edgy fag

That's the harsh truth we have to deal ITT
>>
>>61171583
I would rather suck dicks than have a bad back
Truth
I dunno, when I picture white programmers they're all Silicon Valley Javascript programmers
I don't know enough to refute this
Yeah but I still think his work pushing open source was very important
Truth
I think it changed software development more than it changed IT. IT people will have to wrangle Linux but probably won't see much git
Truth
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.