[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good idea? the spots for the fan were either way too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: rsz_1p70701-144530.jpg (501KB, 2104x1560px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1p70701-144530.jpg
501KB, 2104x1560px
Is this a good idea? the spots for the fan were either way too high or way too low for the gpu to get any decent air, i was thinking of gluing it there or something. dont mind the dust frosting all shall be cleaned in due time
>>
>>61169622

looks good m8
>>
>>61169622
Check the temps to see if it is good or not.
>>
I'd move it a bit farther to the front and up, maybe you can suspend it from your HDD cage with some wire
>>
>>61169668
by front you mean to the left or the right(picture wise)
>>
>>61169700
to the right in the image (towards front of the case)
>>
>>61169714
allright thanks i'll grab some plastic ties and see where i can rig it
>>
File: 123132146541.jpg (705KB, 2104x1560px) Image search: [Google]
123132146541.jpg
705KB, 2104x1560px
>>61169622
>Is this a good idea?
provided there's a source of cool air in front of the standing fan (red arrow)

Also, keep in mind that the radiators will disperse some of the heat back (orange arrow)
>>
>>61169745
yes there is a grate on the front of the case where the fans originally stood, but it was way too high for the gpu and its like i was cooling the backplate, and the fan below it suck cool air into the psu
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (200KB, 1605x945px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
200KB, 1605x945px
It will make virtually no difference.

If you want a quiet&cool graphics card, remove the stock fans and that pointless shroud they only put on for the looks and ghetto-rig some 120mm fans directly to the heat sink.

Something like pic related.

Remember to get a PWM fan adapter and splitter, so you can hook your fans directly to the graphics card's own fan controller.
>>
>>61169622
I tried that myself, it didn't really help much, but my gpu was sitting higher and my fan was smaller.

Still.
No it isn't a good idea. There's nothing holding that fan, if you knock it over while its running you break it.

If the fan's case was thicker/wider then you could have placed it on the bottom sitting faced up against the graphics card.
>>
>>61169815
i can do that and balance it on top of some small wooden square pieces or something but i doubt it will be able to get much air from the bottom part
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.