[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP Antergos Pacman did it again -Syu is not your friend THX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

RIP Antergos
Pacman did it again
-Syu is not your friend THX
Kernel panic

>in b4 im a Faggot and should know how to fix an update that breaks the system
>>
but that's the linux experience :^)
>>
File: soadvanced.png (16KB, 327x192px) Image search: [Google]
soadvanced.png
16KB, 327x192px
>>61166610
>>61166621
Source Mage doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>61166610
You're a Faggot and should know how to fix an update that breaks the system
>>
>>61166610
I'd bet money that chrooting into it with a LiveUSB and generating a new initramfs would fix the issue
>>
>>61166610
>freetards spend their Friday night fixing their piece of shit meme system instead of going out, banging qts and letting Windows fix itself if something breaks
>>
>>61166610
Boot up live USB
Open terminal and enter
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda
done.
>>
File: 1498864321943.gif (3MB, 445x247px) Image search: [Google]
1498864321943.gif
3MB, 445x247px
>>61166685
>letting Windows fix itself if something breaks
>Windows
>fix itself

>if something breaks
>if
>>
>>61166610
Man up and fix it, is just reinstall the previos broken packages, which is already on your pacman cache or the like, look for packman rollback or the like, also is yaourt -Syyua --devel or the pacaur version
>>
>>61166610
>still using a systemd distro
>>
>>61166705
>implying Arch is not designed to break and be a pain in the ass to fix

lol freetards
>>
>>61167014
> Arch is not designed to break and be a pain in the ass to fix
That's true.

But Antergos is.
>>
I've been using arch for 4 years and it didn't break once for me, I guess you guys are just retards lol
>>
Just installed arch a couple hours ago wtf happened
>>
>>61167054
the exception that proves the rule

t. american
>>
>>61166610
What did you expect?
It shouldn't really surprise you that this happens, using bleeding edge software has its price.

If you want stability go for debian stable or something similar.

>>61167029
Are you retarded? Antergos is barely more then an installer for arch, it should be just as stable.
>>
>>61167064
Well I could really be the lucky one, I do alot of dev and the best packages I got were on arch because debian cucks the packages removing headers and symbols. For my laptop arch did better font rendering and power related things which is kinda hilarious
>>
>>61167054
You lie, arch broke for all people when they moved /bin to /usr/bin following after Fedora did the same. But they didn't wait for package maintainers to check all packages.

https://www.archlinux.org/news/binaries-move-to-usrbin-requiring-update-intervention/
>>
>>61167054
Then you are very lucky. I would guess that for me the chances that updating breaks nothing are like 50%. Most of the time it is a very easy fix, but sometimes not.

>>61167080
>better font rendering
For both cases you should configure the font rendering yourself, but then they should be indistinguishable. Debians standard font rendering is just shit, but that is no secret.
>>
>>61167075
> barely more then an installer
I even saw people with broken installations after using Architect, so it's possible.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.