[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (102KB, 315x214px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
102KB, 315x214px
/g/
How close are we to realistically speaking this is possible?

We have all sorts of VR now that we could make a program that reads the cards properly which is one of the reasons why they have a code on the bottom of the card.

So building a duel disk to read them, would it be that hard? I can't really see holograms being useable like this yet, but from everything I've seen being talked about, 3D is getting pretty good but not like this.

Would it be possible with Something like Samsung glasses?

What does /g/ think?
>>
>>61165535
Sure is!
>>
>>61165515
projecting screens is easy
projecting 3d also easy
doing both with shit batteries and wrist sized components isn't
>>
>>61165560
That's what I was thinking too.I thought this was the reason for Lithium batteries? HAve they made anything new I'm unaware of?
>>
> I can't really see holograms being useable like this yet
And never will be, the sun is too bright
Maybe in a closet room without windows.
But the size of the holograms would be limited to the size of the room.
I think VR is a much cheaper way to get this kind of experience.
>>
>>61165588
they have phones with projectors in them
idk if they're still being made though, this was years ago
>>
>>61165736
projectors already have its own battery in the first place. So when you gotta run an OS, background tasks and other similar things, that already eats at it. Imagine how fast a projector phone lost battery life.
>>
with hololens maybe
>>
>>61165535
Anime website
>>
I swear to God if someone were to produce these I would buy one first fucking day of release remember I wanted the ones at Walmart that were just for show and you placed your cards in, but too expensive for at the time, imagine an ACTUAL legit hologram one though?
>>
>>61166269
I have the GX one. I had to order it from China.
>>
>>61166280
>Randomly browse thrift store
>Glance in the toy area
>Mostly intact original duel disk
>$1
>Next year get back into the series
It's like when I found the toy of the wand from Cardcaptors in the clearance bin at Blockbuster but my mom wouldn't let me buy it, and now they go for hundreds of dollars.
>>
>>61166310
do you have that duel disk?

I do wanna collect them all at some point. Fun fact I found out about the original, you can take off the disk part and use it as just a deck holder.
>>
>>61166328
Oh, no, I forgot to type the part where I didn't buy it because I hadn't been into it at the time, but the next year regretted not nabbing it.
>>
>>61166310
You wanted to buy a card captor sakura wand? Are you a girl?
>>
>>61166441
Yeah, though the way the dub was handled, especially the theme song, it wasn't that girly, was it?
>>
>>61166465
There was a lot of homo tension between Sakura and her friend and that twink and Sakura's brother. It was a pretty gay show but I watched it anyways.
>>
>>61166483
It was either played down to nothing in the dub or went over my ~7 year old head at the time. Later read the manga and there's blantant stuff like the teacher giving the elementary school student a ring because they're in love and going to get married once she's out of school. Really weird, but par for the course for CLAMP.
>>
>>61165515
10 years but, konami go out big project of video games, yugioh need around 5000 cards ,simple kids watch or play yugioh would be over 40 years olds
>>
>>61166507
very true, even so, that's not a big deal. Why would that be a problem if an adult wants to play?
>>
Who still cares about yugioh these days?
>>
>>61166526
Duel Links is pretty popular, and the original series movie got released internationally earlier this year.
>>
>>61166526
As a friend of mine said "Just because you don't know anything about what's going on right now, doesn't mean it's not popular some place else"

>>61166528
why are you so mad anon?

>>61166535
I tried it out, wasn't a fan of it. I don't like how it's setup.Portrait style. EEEEE
>>
>>61165515
It's possible right now, just a really cool solution would be pretty costly. A cheaper one relying on your AR glasses would be even easier. So the tech isn't an issue.

Now good fucking luck finding someone caring enough to do it, ways to finance it and getting the licenses crap done.
>>
>>61166657
Nintendo, Microsoft or Apple could EASILY pay for it.
>>
>>61166674
Neither company is big on charity.
>>
>>61166679
>>61166699
i realized this anons', but that's not what I meant. I'm just saying, THEY COULD pay for it. That's about it.
>>
Duel Disks were cutting edge shit because if you watch the show they actually didn't render the card model from an internal database. You could find a completely new card like the Egyptian God cards and stick it on the Duel Disk and it would work. It was literally reading the cards and the battlefield and rendering all that based on what was going on.

That kind of thing probably won't happen in our lifetimes.
>>
>>61166750
Yeah that's why I think it will be more time before the parts are easier to produce
>>
>>61166757
Because they think being the biggest retard possible is what 4chan is supposed to be.
>>
>>61166757
>I've been here under a year and I think I know how 4chan works
>I think reddit is complete trash even tho I've never been there.
You're the retard anon.
>>
>>61166787
>Hey guys! Look at me! I'm an old fag!!! GIMME ATTENTION
shuddup anon. If you don't like the thread, you don't have to be here
>>
>>61166812
sure is!
>>
>>61166757
Reddit? This is more of a /v/ thread and /v/irgins invaded /g/ay for years.
>>
>>61166871
I was there for a second, this was after I was already here on 4chan. /b/ wouldn't shuddup about the site so I checked it out. Tried to see what it was like but the site is just cancer. It's almost as bad as college humor.
>>
>>61166902
ok
>>
>>61165584
>implying lithium batteries are good at storing energy

we're far from anything handheld being able to produce a good amount of light. All current light technology is horribly power inefficient and the shit batteries don't help that fact
>>
>>61165515
I believe you are thinking of enhanced reality, not just VR.
>>61165560
>>61165584
Why not just have the reader on the wrist connected via blu tooth and leave the rendering and projection to bigger equipment?
Maybe program the general space measurements so that the resulting image fits the room behind a transparent screen, wouldn't work everywhere but would allow for some cool gaming battle arena.
>>
>>61167003
True, the 3DS' battery lasts I believe around 5 hours, and a single I can see eating up the battery in 2

>>61167013
1. That's interesting
2. I thought about that too. In the first series, they did do that with the duel arenas on duel island.
>>
>>61167025
imagine making that 3D shit a hologram in day time and being able to see it
projectors that eat 1000watts are barely visible and not visible at all if the sun is directly on it
>>
>>61166896
>trying to appease others this much and repeating memes
The kid sounds like 4chains material.
>>
>>61167032
>>61167038
(you)

>>61167037
They had them in caves, in buildings like you said anon where there was no light.
>>
>>61167055
obviously you haven't watched yu gi oh nigga
>>
>>61167062
it's been years sense I saw the original, I'm getting up to date on arc V and then Vrains. GX is the best
>>
>>61167081
that disk kyba (or however you spell his name) invented and it's used almost exclusively outside in mid day during his tournament all over the streets of the city etc

current technology we're talking thousands of watts
>>
>>61167118
yeah, thats the original one. I'm aware if what it looks like
>>
>>61167127
>>61167055
>They had them in caves, in buildings like you said anon where there was no light.
>>
>>61167138
no I was refering to the duel arenas
>>
>>61167147
what
>>
File: file.png (199KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
199KB, 400x300px
>>61167158
>>
>>61167194
oh yea pegasus island tournament.. you could just name it
that shit probably used fucking insane amount of power, especially since it came up from the ground
>>
>>61167212
i think there was a volcano
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.