[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We've got a good SAP thread going now. Let's get something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: salesforce_logo_detail.png (23KB, 1000x688px) Image search: [Google]
salesforce_logo_detail.png
23KB, 1000x688px
We've got a good SAP thread going now. Let's get something started with Salesforce. What are thoughts?
>>
>>61164403
It's better than SAP.
>>
What salesforce do
>>
is this worth learning?
>>
How do I learn salesforce?
>>
>>61164403
Annoying as fuck to use but the alternatives aren't any better, lots of obvious functionality doesn't quite work so you have to hack things together, certain objects can't related to each other, certain automation requires records to be "touched".

My company got fed up of using it so decided to commission a dev company to build a completely custom CRM for themselves... ENDLESS complaints how it isn't finished a missing massive amounts of functionality, like lol you decided copy a multi-million dollar SaaS product which I did extensive customization on what did you think would happen.
>>
>>61168057
Trailhead
>>
>>61168995
Yeah the company I used to work for decades to build their own CRM starting almost 10 years ago. It's still under constant development and they've spent millions on it. What a waste. They put shit tons of effort into a mobile app when all they needed was salesforce1 app.
>>
Ask a SF employee anything. I'm not well versed on the platform though as I'm on an engineering team not related to the main platform.
>>
File: xx.jpg (95KB, 1005x707px) Image search: [Google]
xx.jpg
95KB, 1005x707px
we use Salesforce Chatter at our company, it's like a terrible Facebook with some additional business features
>>
>>61169302
Why do you guys always release half baked features and then never fix them?

Why is the changeset interface still so shitty and paginated?

Why is the lightning interface such an ugly piece of shit that nobody uses?
>>
>>61169350
On the features, and I'm guessing here, they're big on agile software development so pushing out a minimum viable product is the norm. Get it out to production and iteratively refine it based on customer feedback.

Again I probably shouldn't even reply as I don't work directly with the platform, so I'm not able to even speculate.
>>
Most companies opt for cheapass cloud dbs which is slow as hell. If you pay for the dedicated server it is ok.
>>
>>61169302
>>61169403
What the hell do you do then?
>>
>>61169560
It's a big company. There are tons of engineering teams that don't work on the main product. I do devops stuff and manage a large server environment, can't really say much more than that.
>>
>>61169279
Any software of this kind would be in constant development because some business logic is also always changing. If they can't finalize any module at all then maybe its a symptom of this company not having well defined and matured processes.
>>
>>61170050
It's the latter, that company is a mess. They fired two different consulting companies on it. There was also a different multimillion dollar project where two consulting companies were fired and after 3 years and literally nothing to show for it, the CIO finally killed it.
>>
>>61169302
Why the fucking dick is data storage so minuscule, 2 mother fucking GB of storage and you charge thousands to add extra, wut?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.