[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm interested to learn how to fix computers. I bought a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

I'm interested to learn how to fix computers. I bought a toshiba satellite today to tear apart and learn. My question is, I have heard of other people calling up schools and offering to get rid of their e-waste (effectively netting them a large amount of same model laptops). How easy is this to do? What specifically would you offer to these places?
>>
If you can't haggle deals already, a post on /g/ isn't going to give you those skills
>>
>>61164132
That's exactly what I'm asking though. I have read from people who act like by taking e-waste for free, you're doing a service for them and they would jump at the opportunity. Is this true, are they more than willing? Or, like you said, is it more of a cold call?
>>
Sounds like a stupid idea, especially when you want to involve the local government into your scheme.

At best you could just become a pariah in your community, at worse you could be breaking a few laws and get fined/go to jail.
>>
>>61164412
Is it against the law? I mean, all it is, is offering to recycle broken, outdated electronics. And you'd literally be doing just that. And it's not like you'd be lying in any way shape or form. 90% of e-waste recycling is far more shady, they literally take all of the junk and send it to a landfill overseas. Do you need a certification to remove waste from public schooling?
>>
>>61164506
The point is you're not actually going to recycle them. you are going to refurbish what you can and sell it for money and the rest will go into the local dump.
Sounds like fraud to me
>>
>>61164616
What the hell do you think recycling IS, retard?
>>
File: tyson-laugh.gif (4MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
tyson-laugh.gif
4MB, 320x180px
>>61164655
lol
>>
Put up an ad on craigslist, print a few flyers, spam them out near schools and libraries and rent a truck. Why are you going to call them up? I can see it now "uuuhhm hi do you have any computers i can have that you dont need anymore?"

Go offer your services on bulletin boards. Trendy cafes too, management types have lunch in those types of places.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.