[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running Arch Linux with Deepin Desktop Environment, ask me anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: Arch Logo.png (10KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
Arch Logo.png
10KB, 342x342px
Running Arch Linux with Deepin Desktop Environment, ask me anything about it

I'm bored and want to chat about Linux, programming and computers
>>
>>58617763
I tried Deepin a couple of years back. How stable is the DE? Does it freeze randomly?
>>
>>58617805
Well, it's now on official repos so it is really stable!
>>
>>58617763
Beale
>>
>>58617763
how many packages do you have? I have 3009.
>>
>>58617763
Do you have an install script?

I have an install script with options allowing me to install desktop software to my desktop and server software to my SBC. I'm just wondering how to get it to properly install updates if I changed the config files.
>>
>>58618301

>>58618382
No because each instal is different and might have its own issues. Plus, I really like the whole process, I do it every few months.
>>
>>58618411

I do it every few months as well, but it's technically a post-install script. It takes care of most stuff so my programs and config files are automatically installed.

And the issues there are (like audio issues on my Odroid C2) are given a seperate install prompt, only fixing it when you tell it to.
It's real comfy, although not that useful if you hop e.g. DE/WMs
>>
>>58617763
Arch linux is trash that breaks every week, install a real distro.
>>
Also using Arch with Deepin.
Do you know, why Im getting a GTK-Warning "Can't find theme engine" at start of some programs. What is missing? (Is not really a problem, but annoying...)
>>
>>58618480
Says the ubuntu guy

>>58618491
Try installing gtk-engines
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?sort=&q=gtk-engine&maintainer=&flagged=
>>
>>58618550
>Y-y-you're that fat ubuntu guy, s-s-stop bullying me
>>
>>58617763
Hi, good choice. This is my favorite distro, been running it for a little over a year now with zero issues.

I use GNOME 3 mostly, it's been stable as hell for me. Also use i3 sometimes.
>>
>>58618582
Come back with real arguments and tangible proof of what you advance.
I use arch linux as my study/work computer and it never fails me.

>>58618604
Hey, thanks!
Give a try to Deepin or Budgie
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>58618695
pros?
>>
If you were to change one thing about Arch, what would it be and why?
>>
Are your parents proud of you?
>>
>>58618717
portage
community
solid as a rock
actual minimalism
internet points
portage
openrc
portage
>>
>>58618721
The logo, it needs an update.

>>58618760
Really proud.

>>58618765
I will consider it thx
>>
>>58618695
>>58618811
it's a meeemee you dip
>>
>>58619046
>>58618765
and yet you bothered
"lel it was a joooooke"
>>
>>58619046
Far from it, gentoo is an exemplary distro. Have used to exclusively for years.
>>
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html
>>
>>58619068
I'm sure that it's a perfectly fine distro, heard a lot of good shit about it. "install gentoo" is still a meme.
>>
I'm not an Arch primary user but I did switch to Manjaro last year around this time in fact. No issues and I'm using passthrough without a hitch. I went with Xfce for my DE. Currently trying i3 since some anons made the suggestion for about a month. What are the pros to Deepin or Budgie?
>>
>>58619133
Used void with i3 for a while, afterwards arch with i3. Really fell in love with i3.
>>
>>58619133
I would say it's an agreable combination of simplicity, functionality and elegance.
>>
>>58619156
How is it better/different than awesome?
>>
>>58619376
Not totally sure because I just used awesome for a day. i3 is perfectly documented with a huge community and lots and lots of help getting into it. And it's very minimalistic.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.