[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 25

File: rednex-53496cebe644c.jpg (617KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rednex-53496cebe644c.jpg
617KB, 1920x1080px
REDNEX EDITION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOYZaiDZ7BM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YuJZzuHDf8

Previous thread: >>52855253

What are you working on, /g/?
>>
Freshman in College here, thinking of majoring in CS next year. Best books to start learning Java/Python?
>>
>>52858937
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/
>>
>>52858924
good job posting the thread early
>>52858937
>majoring in CS
CS is more about bullshit math and theories and data types, not much programming
>>
>>52858951
>good job posting the thread early
just doing what i can to piss off trap posters
>>
>>52858924
PSA:
REMINDER to ignore TROLL posts that contain:
> gcc compiles this wrong code!!! (posts some retarded shit, compiles with g++)
> java can't compare these Integers with ==
> average of two ints in C
> fizzbuzz
> go has no generics
> haskell is useless
> lisp brackets are unreadable
> GC is shit, use a real language
> programming literate
> anime ops
> non-anime ops
> posting new thread to early
> anime is gay
> trap ops
> non-trap ops
> osgtp anarchy politics
> osgtp black women
> tripfags in general

also, don't forget to post this in the next thread.
thanks.
>>
File: pain in the ass tree.png (74KB, 1147x970px) Image search: [Google]
pain in the ass tree.png
74KB, 1147x970px
Could anyone help me with this bit of code
I dont quite understand how to recursively loop through?
Trying to get a Binary Tree from a preorder traversal represented as a nested list
>>
Reposting from old thread:

Could someone give me a hint on an Assembly thing?
I have to update a value passed in as an argument without returning it (because the return is supposed to be used for something else), but I can't figure out how to do that because the i registers in SPARC are used for both input AND return values.

My code looks a bit like this:
/*
* params: a pointer to a long array and a long
*/
foo:
save %sp, -96, %sp

ld [%i0], %l0 ! maps the array pointer of argument1 to local0
mov i1, %l1 ! maps the long to local1

! stuff happens
! for example argument2 could be changed to 5,

mov 0, %i0 ! returns 0

ret
restore

So I have to directly modify a value passed in, but I only see how to return things and how to copy things around to different registers.
>>
>>52858967
also, don't forget the thing about python warts
>>
what's a good c++ matrix library?
i'm currently using armadillo. it seems ok
>>
>>52859060
what exactly are you doing that you need these enterprise matrix libraries for?
>>
>>52859070
simulations of chemical bonds
the first step is to get a good implementation of the downhill simplex method
>>
>>52859120
armadillo seems good for that i guess
>>
>>52859133
do you know of any others?
i've already rejected boost::numeric::ublas
>>
>>52858969
guess you make a new function to recursively check if the elemens inside the lists at the left and right are None, list or int... or modify create_string?
>>
Who else /post-project depression/ here?

I have been staring at my screen idly for days now.
>>
>>52859217
i'm /forever working on this project/

start a new one
>>
who /poorfag NEET programmer that doesn't know how to make money/ here?
;_;

>>52859190
yeah, looks to me like you either are misusing(?) the BinaryTree class, or have to modify create_string to check for the type of each argument. in this case, add a check for ints
>>
>>52859190
ok ill give the recursive check a go.
any tips?
>>
>>52859257
>>52859190
Im trying to do this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22276477/python-how-to-create-a-binary-tree-with-the-traversals-given

Could anyone explain to me what the guy means in the answer section?
>>
File: 1443800814337.jpg (25KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1443800814337.jpg
25KB, 500x381px
>object oriented "programming"
>>
>>52859417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiot_Xbb0ys
>>
I got mad with Windows not having a different sensitivity per pointing device (touchpad and mouse). So I wrote a script... In C calling WinAPI. I really should have used C++.
http://paste.ofcode.org/fVfTC5wncLUbEZAAyAf3qP

Next I'm going to write a filtering driver to detect device connection. I really should focus on something more productive.
>>
>>52858967
>REMINDER to ignore TROLL posts
i do the fuck i want, you have no authority here.
>>
>>52859508
u mad bro?
>>
>>52858937
Introduction to Java programming: Comprehensive edition by Liang. It covers everything you will need in a very good way. It's easy to find on torrents too.
>>
http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html
Good luck D-sama!
>>
File: spring.png (7KB, 252x150px) Image search: [Google]
spring.png
7KB, 252x150px
reposting someone elses post because this interests me:
How long would it take to learn a framework such as Spring, Struts or Hibernate? I'm seeing more jobs require these frameworks and it seems that knowing a couple languages isn't enough for these entry level positions.
>>
http://pastebin.com/aGUMbUww

c++

why the hell do I get an error on this? Its saying 'operand types are incompatible, char and const char *.' I literally just want to compare the first variable, firstLetter, to see if it is the char a. Why is something like this somehow broken?
>>
File: 1449892782321.png (130KB, 394x360px) Image search: [Google]
1449892782321.png
130KB, 394x360px
Is it bad that I just got into Programming with C++ a few months ago and usually don't understand a single thing in these threads?
>>
>>52859798
try 'a'
>>
>>52859803
no
this thread is just shitposting, dick waving, memes, my X > your Y, and occasionally someone posts what they're working on
>>
>>52859438
thanks, but this is not of much help

yeah I know lot's of sophisticated methods exist,
I've found this
https://www.topcoder.com/community/data-science/data-science-tutorials/primality-testing-non-deterministic-algorithms/
and this too
https://www.topcoder.com/community/data-science/data-science-tutorials/prime-numbers-factorization-and-euler-function/
didn't understand shit there

what I want is nothing but a simple loop that tries dividing the truncated square root, let's call it "r", of the given natural number, the "n", by each natural number in the range from 2 to < r.
I just can't exactly figure out how to write it.
what this loop should be doing is if it finds a number in that range by which r can be divided with zero remainder, it should stop and say "n is not a prime number", and if it does not find a number by which r could be divided with zero remainder, it should say "n is a prime number".
I believe so far my logic is correct, it's just a matter of how to correctly translate my thinking into the right control statements.

>>52859572
it almost does except that it doesn't like the unfinished branching
>>
implement foldr in Java.
>>
>>52859828
So why is this different? is the single ' for encasing char's I want to compare to, while the " is for actual sentences I want to output to cout or whatever?
>>
>>52858967
Oh boy, I sure do love my benchmarks!
>>
File: 1452467669711.jpg (21KB, 291x308px) Image search: [Google]
1452467669711.jpg
21KB, 291x308px
>>52859833
Ah so its basically like /vg/ but for programming
>>
>>52859837
>in the range from 2 to < r
well, actually from 2 to <= r
>>
>>52859837
what the fuck senpai, there's pseudocode right on the wiki page
>>
>>52859844
char word[] = {'I', 't', 's', ' ', 'm', 'o', 'r', 'e', ' ', 'c', 'l', 'e', 'a', 'r', ' ', 'n', 'o', 'w', '?', '\0'};
puts(word);
>>
>>52859803

C++ is quite possibly the language with the most potentially convoluted syntax and application possibilities.

Older C++ got ugly as fuck. Then C++11 and C++14 came along and prettied it up quite a bit. But just under the covers is some pretty goddamn thorough complexity.

So, the moment you step off the narrow path of modern, pretty syntax with pretty APIs, you're in shoot-your-fucking-foot-off-land almost immediately.

Hell, the entire reason that C++ went away as the dominant desktop development language in the early-mid 2000s is because it got so goddamn complex and clever for the sake of cleverness itself. Curiously Recurring Template Pattern, I'm looking at you.

Anyhoo, it's easy to write a confusing algorithm in any language. It's exceptionally easy to write difficult to understand code in C++, regardless of the complexity of the problem being solved.
>>
>>52859770
>>52859770
Hibernate is not hard. It's an ORM with mapping set on XML, nowadays you can do it by code, but most of the professional code you are gonna encounter would be of older versions supporting only XML mappings.

Before learning Spring or Struts, you should learn the basics of JSP and Servlets. Otherwise you are not going to understand how the mapping between views and controllers work.
>>
>>52859844
'x' has type char. It's a single character.
"x" has type char*. Its a String, an array of possibly many characters.
>>
>>52859803
>>52859833
>>52859865
Real talk though, if you can't understand a single thing that comes up in these threads after "a few months" studying c++, you're probably just spinning your wheels.
>>
>>52859865
basically, yeah
ocasionally someone spergs out or OSGTP posts niggers
we also act high and mighty like we're better than everyone and tell people to fuck off to >>>/vg/agdg
>>
>>52859844

In C and C++, 'a' is the character a. "a" is the zero-terminated string (a pointer to one or more chars) containing a and '\0'.
>>
>>52859885
Indeed, thats what I was trying to say. thank you
>>
>>52859883
I chose the language because if I could learn C++ I can pretty much learn any language, That and its depth. Seems to me there can be a lot of variation of code to solve the same problem. As in someone could write code in such a way to stump even veterans of C++
>>
>>52859770
samefag, found some books: http://it-ebooks.info/search/?q=j2ee&type=title
http://it-ebooks.info/search/?q=hibernate&type=title

>>52859884
>Hibernate is not hard.
ah

>It's an ORM with mapping set on XML
why, WHY??

>nowadays you can do it by code, but most of the professional code you are gonna encounter would be of older versions supporting only XML mappings.
;_;

>Before learning Spring or Struts, you should learn the basics of JSP and Servlets. Otherwise you are not going to understand how the mapping between views and controllers work.
ah, guess I'll start with this then, thanks

from the links to the books, any recommendations? also, any youtube channels or something?
and, as the anon asked before... why do indians usually teach this stuff? wtf?
>>
>>52859872
oh, didn't notice it amid all the hardcore

anyhow, that's still a different method. I would be happier if I could get running exactly what I wanted

but this would do too, if only I could grasp how to say "mod" in c++
>>
>>52860154
mod means modulo/remainder
google c++ modulus operator
>>
>>52860154
%

You should read a introductory book. "Operators", this is in like fifth page.
>>
>>52860177
6th page of "A Tour of C++".
>>
Anyone got a project idea? I'm bored af.
Need something to code.
>>
>>52860219
a gf
>>
>>52860175
>>52860177
oh. %, the remainder. how silly I didn't guess that. I don't speak pseudocode, yet I do am a little familiar with c++ operators and other basic c++ syntax. perhaps I should get some decent sleep, that's what really would help me being less dull at my homework.
>>
>>52859162
Eigen?
>>
>>52859932
>Seems to me there can be a lot of variation of code to solve the same problem.

Yep. Which is part of what makes C++ such a PITA to use professionally.

Every time you switch jobs you're dealing with a different subset of the language. No Boost here, home-grown array and list structures there, composition is evil here, polymorphism reigns there.

It's really a silly language. I don't recommend even learning it. I suggest Python, then C for fundamentals, then on to C# or Java, then on to whatever else interests you.
>>
>17 pages of homework
>1 point
aha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>52860530
what u on about m8
>>
The more I use C the more I believe it's the perfect programming language. Too bad it's only used for embedded software now.
>>
>>52860717
It is the perfect language, the problem is normies want more efficiency which led to higher level languages which held their hand under the guise of being more """safe""".
>>
>>52860717
>Too bad it's only used for embedded software now.
Too bad it has been replaced by much more convenient languages.
>>
>C++ streams
Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>52860717
Yeah, no.
C is good but not for big projects - you'll end up writing more boilerplate than actual code.
Working with strings is also a nightmare in C.
>>
>>52860838

It's type-safe I/O that can be extended to a myriad of applications very easily. What's not to like?
>>
>>52860838
what's wrong with it?
>>
>>52860838
Honestly I'm much less against it than I was initially. Using an operator instead of function results in less parens in a line, and if you have a lot nested function calls in that line, makes it a bit more readable.

Qt lets you add stuff to lists using << operator, and it looks nice.

Qt also has qDebug() object, which works exactly as cout, except it prints spaces between arguments -- qDebug() << 1 << 2 << 3; results in "1 2 3" outputted, not "123". It's a bliss to use.
>>
>>52860852
>>52860867
>>52860874
Hideous as fuck (Prime example of why operator overloading is shit)
Hard-codes argument order (Makes internationalisation harder)
Much more verbose than format strings

Sure, you COULD go on about non-I/O shit, but that's their use case 99% of the time.
>>
So how exactly do Python devs justify P3 being just about the only language that eagerly shits itself as soon as strings get involved? I'm talking about the UTF-8 problems.

If Python was a statically typed language this would be a minor issue, but the unclear documentation and arbitrary return types make any code that involves string handling hell.
>>
>>52859708
>D mere moments from overtaking Objective C
Do my eyes deceive me?
>Go shit nowhere in sight
>pinko rust faggots gone
I thought both of those were miles ahead of D

>Java overtaking C
It's not all good I guess
>>
>>52860907
>Prime example of why operator overloading is shit
I still don't get this meme, what's wrong with >> being able to have different implementations depending on its context?
>>
>>52860907

>Hard-codes argument order (Makes internationalisation harder)
Wat.
>>
>>52860916
objective c has been mostly replaced by swift
>>
>>52860907
>Much more verbose than format strings
Hmm, it's almost as if you shouldn't use streams for string formatting
>>
>>52860907
>>Hard-codes argument order (Makes internationalisation harder)
That's the only reason I do agree with. I mostly use qDebug() for debug output -- for which it works very well. Exactly for the reason you listed, in Qt, strings outputted to user are formatted using QString::arg, which allows reordering and much more.
>>
>>52860938
But functions "hard-code" argument order too, am I missing something?
>>
>tried to get into C++
>can't deal with the complexity
it's so aweful to suck, and I kind of like Python's syntaxe, it's so hard to make decisions
>>
Typeless languages were a mistake. At my job we use Python for rigorous unit testing for our embedded C programs. But the program crashes a few days in and nobody knows why. Why? A type error.
>>
>>52860961
Yes, dynamic typing is putrid shit, simple as that. Static checking catches the most common and easy-to-commit class of programming errors for free, why would you not take that advantage in the year 2016?
>>
>>52860961
wtf is a typeless programming language
there's dynamically typed programming languages, and there's statically typed programming languages, but they're both typed
>>
>>52860979
There's typeless PLs too. Brainfuck comes to mind.
>>
>>52860979
I use it as a synonym for dynamically typed. It might be the wrong usage.
>>
>>52860961
python is ridiculously shit and shitters like >>52858967 who unironically think it isn't shit should kill themselves
>>
>>52860953
"I spent %1 dollars to buy %2 apples"

Translator should be able to put %2 before %1 for languages where those numbers are supposed to go in reverse.

"Ha %2 яблoк я пoтpaтил %1 зeлeных"

Now that I think of it, C also suffers from the problem of not allowing translator to reorder those %d - so it's an issue shared by both C++ streams and C-style printf functions.
>>
>>52860924
Say I want to print something describing an object that is some colour. "A red balloon".
English:
string article = "a";
string colour = "red";
string thing = "balloon";

cout << article << colour << thing << endl;

"A red balloon"

French:
string article = "un";
string colour = "rouge";
string thing = "ballon";

cout << article << colour << thing << endl;

"un rouge ballon"

But wait, that's wrong. The French version is supposed to be "un ballon rouge".
Now you've basically fucked yourself over and you need to use an if/else chain or some other ungodly shit for each language.

>>52860953
You can change the format string to take different arguments.
I would use the POSIX C example, but it's pretty ugly, so I'll use Python instead (I think this is correct. I don't actually know Python that well):
English:
"{0} {1} {2}".format("a", "red", "balloon")

French:
"{0} {2} {1}".format("un", "rouge", "ballon")
>>
>>52860934
>never really looked into swift
>give it a quick search
>A modern programming language that is safe, fast, and interactive
>safe, fast and interactive
>interactive
>interactive
all this time I've wasted on non-interactive languages
finally I see the light
>>
>>52861002
>C also suffers from the problem of not allowing translator to reorder those
Standard C doesn't, but POSIX C does.
>>
>>52861002
That's a string formatting problem. Streams shouldn't be used for formatting, honestly. Just too clumsy when there's perfectly good formatting functions around.

Streams are for dataflow programming or whatever it's called, and async.
>>
>>52861021
Yes, you're right, I forgot about that.

>>52861031
So what do you use for formatting in C++?
>>
>>52861049
printf, fprintf and sprintf. Though I don't do that much C or C++ to face the ordering problem often.
>>
>>52861071
Fascinating. You have this beautiful rich stream framework with type safety, overloading and hookers. What do you use it for? To output plain strings. How do you format strings? You format strings using C functions.

Don't you yourself think there is a problem in this?

Also, among functions you listed only sprintf formats strings - others output data to C streams.
>>
File: NbygN.jpg (25KB, 484x162px) Image search: [Google]
NbygN.jpg
25KB, 484x162px
>>52858924
I'm working on a wardriving app! It writes network ssids with geo-coordinates to an
xml doc which is used to display networks on a map. My only problem is sorting out duplicates... What's the most efficient way to check an xml doc for duplicate elements using c#?
>>
>>52859896
>OSGTP
who/what is this? Quick Googling shows some vague politically-related stuff, mostly (far-)left-leaning
>>
>>52861091
Uh yeah, I meant I really only use the print functions for printing.

I don't really see the problem with this. C++ is a mess of all kinds of features, but why do you have to use them all and not just the ones that you think are useful? Streams have plenty of use outside of printing.
>>
File: need_info.png (62KB, 269x374px) Image search: [Google]
need_info.png
62KB, 269x374px
Hey /dpt/, do you know a good free IDE for C++ on linux?
>>
>>52861122
it's a tripfag
>>
>>52861133
Vim
>>
>>52861117
Look up the XDocument class.

I used it to build an XML document dynamically, but I'm pretty sure you can tear down xml files with it.
>>
>>52860219
https://hn.algolia.com/?query=idea%20dump
>>
>>52861126
> Streams have plenty of use outside of printing.
By all means, please do elaborate on that.
Streams are exactly that - streams, for writing data in specified order. Printing is literally what they do.
>>
>>52861140
IDE not just a text editor. And by the way I have emacs if I just need a text editor.
>>
>>52861157
Just use emacs then.
>>
>>52861157
Why do you need an IDE?
>>
>>52861157
>>52861133
Qt creator is very nice. You don't have to use Qt, either - it will build your executable from a bunch of .cpp and .c files (internally it will use qmake and that's the only limitation).
>>
>>52861137
and what does he do, besides posting nigras? what about this political stuff?
also >>52858967

(and thanks)
>>
>>52861164
ide's are shit, they're just a tool to help us, why does it matter, anyways, Let's dispel this fiction once and for all that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing; he's undergoing a systematic effort to change this country and make America more like the rest of the world. If I'm elected we'll embrace what makes America the greatest country in the world.
>>
>>52861156
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dataflow_programming
>>
>>52861137
https://rbt.asia/g/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=Ju67JuF6jBe&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
http://arch.b4k.co/g/search/tripcode/Ju67JuF6jBe/
>>
o, i've heard of rednex.
isn't it the person who developed rgbasm?
i've been wanting to get around to use that.
but i still have a lot to learn about assembly for the gameboy
>>
>>52861199
yeah, but look, Let's dispel this fiction once and for all that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing; he's undergoing a systematic effort to change this country and make America more like the rest of the world. If I'm elected we'll embrace what makes America the greatest country in the world.
>>
>>52860909
they don't.
the completely concentrate on getting more womyns in programming, and if you think your shitty strings are more important, your a disgusting sexist pig and should be fired
and blacklisted for future unemployment
and uninvited from any and all conferences
and, frankly, just put against the wall and executed
>>
>>52861164
For completion.

>>52861171
I already try it when I learnt QT. Maybe I can use it for everything. Can I use it without the qmake shit or anything else. I want to stick to Makefile.
>>
>>52861211
>For completion.
Text editors have that too, you know.
>>
>>52861209
who cares, that way, we can get laid more, but look, teh fact is, obama knows what he is doing. he's undergoing a systematic effor to make America like other countries. If im elected, ill embrace america as number one
>>
>>52861019
some Swift-bashing over there, you're welcome to join:
>>52856724
>>
>>52861211
VIM has plugins for completion. I'm sure Emacs does too. tbqf with you, I don't give a shit about auto completion.
>>
>>52861218
emacs is bloat anyways, but look, obama knows what he is doing. he's undergoing a systematic effor to make Ameirca like other countries.
>>
>>52861213
Emacs has not the completion I want. Maybe I can install a module, maybe.
>>
>>52861209
Add being "Pythonic" to that
>>
>>52861225
who cares about emacs, what matters is that obama knows whast he is doing. he knows exactly what he is doing
>>
>>52861224
I don't care about burger politics.
>>
>>52861216
ta m8, I'll give it a go
>>
>>52861234
you should care becaus obama knows what is doing, hes udnergoing a systematic effor to make america like other countires. if im electe,d ill embrace america as number one.
>>
>>52861207
ok, what i think i'm getting from this is that i was wrong
>>
>>52861243
I'll vote for you. Can Mongolians vote?
>>
>>52861246
exactly, he knows exactly what he is doing. hes undergoing a systematic effor to change this country. if im elected, ill embrace america as number one.
>>
>>52860838

Streams can be great, particularly when Run Time Type Information is available.

Sadly, RTTI is almost always off and has gone almost entirely unused in the C++ world. Turbo Pascal FTW.

As for streams, I personally dislike them for most I/O. However, having an object be capable of writing itself to a stream is very powerful, particularly when combined with polymorphism.

C++ streams combined with operator overloading makes C++ the worst possible choice for a beginner language. It means there is a ton of "magic" until you learn enough to understand WTF is going on under the hood.
>>
>>52861253
but i wasn't talking about obama, or america
>>
>>52861252
look, it doesn' tmatter if im mongolian, what matters is that obama knows what he is doing, hes undergoing a systematic effor to make America like other countries. if im elected, ill embrace america s numeber one
>>
>>52861243
Except that I don't care. If Obama decides to gas all US citizens, I wouldn't give a single fuck.
>>
File: wat.png (131KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
131KB, 480x480px
>>52861260
this guy is all over the boards

also
>>52861253
pic related
>>
>>52861270
look, he knows exactly what he is doing. we need to once and for all dispel this fiction that obama doesn't know what he is doing. hes undergoing a systematic effort to make America like other countries. If i'm elected, ill change america
>>
>>52861277
>this guy is all over the boards
That just makes it better
>>
is this a bot?
>>
>>52861007

This is a very important consideration and it's amazing how long it took to make its way into most languages.

Back in the day, I wrote custom string substitution algorithms that would take { name, value } pairs. Super clunky.

[/code]
>>
>>52856955
this video makes me think... why do we have to *write* code? why don't speak to the computer, telling it to apply this or that algorithm to this or that data?

when will we literally orally tell the computer what to do?
>>
>>52861293
the fact is, obama knows what he is doing. he is undergoing a systematic effor to make America like other countries. If I'm elected, ill embrace america as the number one countryu
>>
>>52861288
Are you OSGTP?
>>
>>52861305
When the reliability and speed of that matches writing the code by hand.
>>
>>52861227
that, too.
>>
>>52861315
I don't know that what means, but look, obama knows what is doing. He is undergoing a systematic effor to make America like other countries. If I'm elected, we'll embrace America as the number one country.
>>
>>52861337
What are your views on public healthcare? What about the invasion of privacy committed by NSA and other agencies?
>>
>>52861007

You would have the same problem with printf.

printf("%s %s %s\n", article, colour, thing);

Of course, you could always design your own custom ostream object to evaluate its arguments in an order determined by language settings, which is much harder to do in C.
>>
>>52860979
this is /g/ here, we are all programming illiterate.
>>
>>52861317
has anyone even started doing this?
>>
>>52861370
for public healthcare, well repeal obamacare, and the fact is he knows what he is doing. but look, invasion privacy is disgusting, we need to set boundaries for the government, and the fact is, obama knows what he is doing, he is undergoing a systematic effor to change this country, if im elected, well embrace america as the number one country
>>
>>52861415
you have my vote my nigga
>>
so is the ballmer peak real or not
>>
File: Kagamine.Rin.full.1015619.jpg (918KB, 591x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Kagamine.Rin.full.1015619.jpg
918KB, 591x1000px
How do I configure emacs with completion and error detection?
The vim plugins are embarrassingly slow for C++, it locks up for about 7 seconds every time I save a file, no matter how small.
>>
>>52861429
it's not real
>>
>>52861415
Why do burgers always fuck up /dpt/ by posting their worthless opinion about politics?
>>
>>52861383
As I mentioned in another post before, POSIX C does not have this problem:
printf("%s %3$s %2$s\n", "une", "rouge", "ballon");

It pretty ugly though.
>>
>>52861433
emacs is shit, use vim instead, it has plugins and knows that obama knows what he is doing, he is undergoing a systematic effort to change this country, if im elected, ill embrace america as the number one
>>
>>52861433
Flycheck + ycmd
>>
>>52861460
because obama knows what he is doing. he is undergoing a systematic effor to make ameirca like other countries. elect me and ill embrace america as number one
>>
File: UcVkKlp.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
UcVkKlp.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
>>52861468
>>
>>52861478
Didn't know Trump was an anon.
>>
>>52861482
if i'm elected, ill embrace america as number one
>>
>>52861211
>I already try it when I learnt QT. Maybe I can use it for everything. Can I use it without the qmake shit or anything else. I want to stick to Makefile.

Well. Considering your code does not depend on Qt. Yes, you can. In fact, qmake even generates the Makefile for you. It's very large and redundant, but if your code works, you can just write a small Makefile by hand afterwards.

Qt Creator also does a very good thing by outputting every command it runs when building your code, which makes it very easy to learn the process.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRB9ehEo46A

kek he just keeps repeating it wtf
>>
>>52861492
look, gtk is better than qt, and the fact is, obama knows what he is doing.
elect me and i'll embrace america as number one.
dipel this fiction forever
>>
Hey dpt. I'm trying to learn C right now and I don't know jack shit about programming. I've seen people recommend The C Programming Language 2nd Edition a lot. Does it treat the reader like a retard and walk you through or does it assume you have some basic knowledge of coding?
>>
>>52861501
It assumes you already have basic knowledge.
It more of a book on how to learn C, not how to program.
>>
>>52861478
protip: ironic shiposting is still shitposting
>>
>>52861516
Do not respond, you're only encouraging him.
>>
>>52861510
Sorry if it gets asked a lot, but what are some good resources for complete beginners? I'm mostly interested in learning C and assembly when I have a good grasp of C
>>
>>52861532
Well as a beginner you don't want to learn C, because it's a meme language. I'd recommend Python.
>>
>>52861532
K & R & dispelling this fiction that obama doesn't know what he is doing, he knows exactly what he is doing.
>>
>>52861536
Is this MegaHAL?
>>
>>52861547
he's undergoing a systematic effor to change this country. If im elected, I'll embrace America as the number one country
>>
>>52861492
>you can just write a small Makefile by hand afterwards
That's what bother me.
>>
>>52861464

Compiled with -std=c11, this prints "une $s $s" on my system. Same for with -std=gnu11. Not portable.
>>
>>52861542
But I want to learn because I'm trying to learn how to program at the hardware level. I'm studying mechanical engineering so I don't really care about stuff like python
>>
>>52861559
Why does it bother you?
>>
>>52861560
yer a nigger
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/printf.html
>>
>>52861583
retard
>>
>>52861577
Because I code using my makefile. I want to use it for compiling. I need it for the whole process.
>>
>>52861560
Werks for me
>>
>>52861607
Is there a particular reason why you are doing that?
>>
>>52860852
try multithreading using I/O streams the canonical way and see what happens
>>
Beautiful. I reported a bunch of posts and they actually disappeared.
>>
thanks mods/janitor...
>>
>>52861626
>>52861583
Why were these posts deleted?
>>
>>52861665
Spamming.
>>
>>52861677
What's really spam is the notion that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing; he's undergoing a systematic effort to change this country and make America more like the rest of the world. If I'm elected we'll embrace what makes America the greatest country in the world.
>>
>>52861614
Doing what? Using Makefile? Because it werks and is perfect.
>>
>>52861693
The process Qt Creator uses to build your program also works.

If you want a comfortable experience writing and debugging your code, go for Qt Creator and its way of building.

If you have some sort of autistic vision where you have to use this or that tool to build your code, well, good luck and have fun.
>>
>>52861542
Python is fucking garbage and much more of a meme than C.

>>52861562
Learn C++ or Java.

>>52861497
It's really freaking weird and bizarre to repeat yourself like a robot like he did but on the other hand I guess he succeeded in getting his message out there. Let's dispel this fiction once and for all that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing; he's undergoing a systematic effort to change this country and make America more like the rest of the world. If I'm elected we'll embrace what makes America the greatest country in the world.
>>
>>52861708
>The process Qt Creator uses to build your program also works.
Is there a way to force it to just emit the command make or make clean?
>>
>>52860909
>P3

I think you meant P2. P2 had C's problem of using the same data type for text and binary data, and had the additional problem of doing implicit conversions to and from a new 'unicode' type that is only for text.

P3 doesn't allow you to use binary data where text is expected and vice versa.
>>
>>52861721
It creates a proper Makefile in the directory you specify when you configure the project. You can navigate there and do make or make clean manually.
When you build the program in Qt, internally it simply calls make.
>>
Since assembly uses input registers for both parameters and returns, how is it decided which of the several input registers is used for the return value?
>>
>>52861560
compiled with diet, musl-gcc, and gcc
gcc: compiles, werks
musl-gcc: compiles, segfaults
diet: compiles, prints "une s s"/doesn't work
>>
>>52861746
It's specified in the ABI, which encompasses the calling conventions that dictate which registers are used for parameters, which are used for returns, which ones are callee-saved, which are caller-saved, and which are only for temporary use and never saved.
>>
>>52861746
Explicitly specified by calling convention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_calling_conventions
>>
>>52861757
>>52861761
I'm looking at a SPARC guide and if I understand it correctly %i0 is the one used for returns.
>>
>>52861733
>proper Makefile
No, it's a disgusting one. I want to use my Makefile.
>>
>>52861792
Good luck, friendo.
I have a strong feeling you'll need it where you are going.
>>
>>52861798
XD
>>
>>52860011
Hibernate *shouldn't* be hard.

In practise I've never worked at a company with consistent style or type of hibernate mapping.

It's always a mix or separate XML files, monolithic and annotated.

Many-to-many relationships are an arse, and most companies I've worked at have had a rule against using any type of inheritance.

Maybe they've all been retarded, but that's what I've seen in the industry.

>>Before learning Spring or Struts, you should learn the basics of JSP and Servlets.

I mean, yeah, it'll be useful... so you probably should, but I like to think we're moving away from doing things like that.

Disclaimer; Used to be a Java Dev; now python. Cos fuck you "enterprise" software.
>>
>>52861750
musl printf seems to implement it.
>>
>>52861846
$ cat p.c 
#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
printf("%s %3$s %2$s\n", "une", "rouge", "ballon");
}
$ musl-gcc p.c -o p
$ ./p
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
$ gdb ./p
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.10.1
Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from ./p...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/fag/p

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff7dc3ed0 in memchr () from /lib/ld-musl-x86_64.so.1
(gdb) bt
#0 0x00007ffff7dc3ed0 in memchr () from /lib/ld-musl-x86_64.so.1
#1 0x00007ffff7dc08bc in ?? () from /lib/ld-musl-x86_64.so.1
#2 0x0000000000001000 in ?? ()
#3 0x00007ffff7ffbe00 in ?? () from /lib/ld-musl-x86_64.so.1
#4 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) q
A debugging session is active.

Inferior 1 [process 25697] will be killed.

Quit anyway? (y or n) y
$
>>
>>52861870
Change the first %s to %1$s and see if that works.
>>
>>52861876
yep
$ cat p.c 
#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
printf("%1$s %3$s %2$s\n", "une", "rouge", "ballon");
}
$ musl-gcc p.c -o p
$ ./p
une ballon rouge
$
>>
>>52861876
>>52861887
>The format can contain either numbered argument conversion specifications (that is, "%n$" and "*m$"), or unnumbered argument conversion specifications (that is, % and * ), but not both.
>>
>>52861899
Yes, that was my fault in the original example. I only tested it on my computer and didn't look up what the documentation actually said.
>>
>>52861899
did you know you can use %n and $ to exploit some type of vulnerabililties (string formats...)?
>>
>>52861989
That's only if the developer is stupid enough to put user-generated strings as the format.
>>
>>52862000
well, that's what the vuln is about
nice trips, btw... reminds me of y2k
>>
>>52861750

The only true solution is to try it with CompCert. But I spent 15 minutes trying to install its dependencies and decided to say "fuck it".
>>
Hey guys, can anyone explain to me how I can get the icons positioned over the border on this?

>http://codepen.io/anon/pen/ZQmYKN?editors=1100

Usually setting positions to relative/absolute would do what I'm looking for, but since I used border-box for the top bar it's not letting me. Is there a better way to do this and I'm just not seeing it? Thanks
>>
>>52862207
.icons {
position: absolute;

top: -30px;
right: 0;
}
>>
>>52862319
Tried that, doesn't work.
>>
>EVERY OTHER OPEN SL ES BUFFER PLAYS SILENT
>DEBUGGING TURNS UP NOTHING, EVERYTHING LOOKS RIGHT
>YOU CAN STILL HEAR HALF OF IT PERFECTLY CORRECT JUST WITH THE QUIET BLUB BLUB PARTS WITH VARYING FREQUENCY DEPENDING ON THE BUFFER SIZE
>MADE NO CHANGE TO THE CODE BASE THAT WOULD JUSTIFY EVERY OTHER BUFFER BEING SILENT

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
Polynomial factor (int n) {
Polynomial polynomial;
int exponent (0);
while (n % 2 == 0) {
exponent++;
n /= 2; }
if (exponent > 0) {
polynomial.addMonomial (Monomial (2, exponent)); }
for (int p (3); p * p <= n; p += 2) {
if (n % p == 0) {
n /= p;
exponent = 1;
while (n % p == 0) {
exponent++;
n /= p; }
polynomial.addMonomial (Monomial (p, exponent)); } }
if (n > 1) {
polynomial.addMonomial (Monomial (n, 1)); }
return polynomial; }

int main () {
int n;
cin >> n;
while (n != -1) {
Polynomial p (factor (n));
cout << n << " = " << p << endl;
cin >> n; }
return 0; }
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-08+at+02.07.43).png (23KB, 1053x746px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-08+at+02.07.43).png
23KB, 1053x746px
>>52862398
What?
>>
>>52862412
This is the worst think I have ever seen in my life
I think I have cancer now
>>
>>52862452
Explain.
>>
UFCS y/n?
e.g.

int main()
{
import std.stdio, std.conv;
.add(2)
.to!string
.append("!")
.writeln;
}

string append(string s1, string s2)
{
return s1 ~ s2;
}

int add(int a, int b)
{
return a+b;
}

19!

i.e. any number of arguments can come before or after the name of a method in the form (some args).method(the rest of the args, if any)
>>
File: u_term_01.gif (19KB, 617x388px) Image search: [Google]
u_term_01.gif
19KB, 617x388px
>>52858924
>What are you working on, /g/?
I'm looking for a tutorial that teaches me how to make TUIs similar to this in C using <curses.h>.
>>
>>52862618
Because everyone just LOVES those, right?
>>
>>52862627
I don't care about "everyone". I know how it is to create GUIs in VB and it's quite boring.
>>
>>52862718
Could it be that you are bored because you're making UIs instead of making something useful?
>>
>>52862627
i do9
>>
>>52862770
A person who can't write three letters without fucking up.
>>
>>52862579
y, but preferably with function overloading (D-style)
>>
>>52862749
>Armchair psychology 101: Ask even more
So you can't help me but still wants to feel part of something?

"Thank" you!
>>
>>52863013
I want you to feel bad for working on UI instead of working on useful things.
>>
I have a variadic function in C.

In the argument, I pass a char*, a char with a value of 32, and the same char *.

In the debugger, here's the relevant part of memory from the stack:

0x7fffffffe270: 88 e4 ff f7 ff 7f 00 00 25 38 40 00 00 00 00 00 
0x7fffffffe280: 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 25 38 40 00 00 00 00 00

(The relevant data here are the last three 64 bits words)

Now, the question:
In C, variadic type argument are promoted via default promotion, right ? If so, why is the char taking 8 bytes on the stack, shouldn't it be take 4 bytes since it's supposed to be promoted to an int ?
>>
I have a simple Google Drive client written in Python. It only has a command line interface and I want it to have a GUI, but I've never made one before.

What's the simplest way to make a little GUI for my program? Preferably cross-platform, otherwise I might as well stick to CLI.
>>
>>52863059
Are you producing 64-bit executable?
>>
>>52863186
Yes.

sizeof(int) is 4 btw.
>>
>>52863095
Python has good Qt bindings. Never used myself, but I heard a lot of praise.
>>
>>52863192
Well, why do you think it should be promoted to 4 byte int instead of 8 byte int?
>>
A very stupid question /dpt/.

Somebody from previous thread suggested me Kivy, when I asked for rapid application development software like Lazarus but for Python.

Problem is that I added repository, ran installation, now apt says that package is installed but Kivy itself is nowhere to be seen. No folder, nothing.

Im still green at Linux, where it gone?
>>
>>52863212

Because int are 4 bytes ?

The standard says "Every integer type of rank less than int is promoted to int or unsigned int."
>>
>>52863223
I don't think the standard has a say in this - I think ABI for your platform dictates how values are promoted for varargs functions.
>>
>>52863242
So I should read an x86-64 reference manual ?
>>
>>52863222
I don't know what kivy is, but you probably just need to run it from the command line. If you're wondering where the actual files went, Unix has a directory structure in which everything has a place, so all the files were probably moved there assuming you didn't fuck up the installation. If you want to know more, type man hier and read up.
>>
>>52863059
Pass a char with a value of minus 32 and observe how far the sign gets extended. It could be that the char is promoted to an 8-byte integer, or that the char is in fact promoted to 4 bytes and the following pointer is padded to align it to an 8-byte boundary.

IIRC some processors (platforms? systems? ABIs?) have a rule that pointers have to be aligned to a pointer-sized boundary.
>>
>>52863258
Do you need to?
>>
>>52863222
$ python
>>> import kivy
>>> kivy.__file__
>>
>>52863291
Yeah, you're right, it was being aligned.
It's 4 bytes wide. Thanks.
>>
>>52861133
A friend of mine recommends code::blocks
>>
File: 1440950964389-0.jpg (29KB, 254x255px) Image search: [Google]
1440950964389-0.jpg
29KB, 254x255px
>>52863031
>I want you to feel bad for working on UI instead of working on useful things.
And yet you autist faglords constantly thinks it's strange that people doesn't appreciate you.
>>
>>52863281

So the files wont be in home directory? When I installed Lazarus, it indeed created folder ".lazarus", when I installed Kivy via "apt-get install", it was not there. Yet now apt-get claims that package is installed.

By command line, you mean that alt+F2 one? This does not recognize the name. Terminal too.

>>52863309
Doing that indeed created folder ".kivy" in home directory, but basically empty, save for logs folder with warning "Older configuration version detected (0 instead of 13)".
>>
>>52858924
elisp bindings for libclang
>>
>>52863199

Not him, but if you are thinking about PyQt, are there any proper instructions for total green user how to use them?

I mean, I "installed" PyQt after installing Qt Creator but turns out I just got scripts converting code already done by Qt Creator into Python. Aka "write in c++, convert to python later".

Official tutorials assume that user already knows Qt perfectly and author even outright claims that reader should buy some book for that, since he does not know anything himself, isntead just learning everything from said book.

Unless I did something wrong again.
>>
Hi guys I've been trying to learn x86_64 assembly for the last couple of days and i stumbled upon a piece of code that I don't quite understand, so I hoped you could help me.
          segment .data
a dq 151
b dq 301
sum dq 0
segment .text
global main
main:
push rbp
mov rbp,rsp
sub rsp,16

From my understanding he declares 3 8-byte variables ( with dq ) but only allocates 16 bytes of ram (with sub rsp,16). How does that work? Or do I have It all wrong?
>>
File: adm.jpg (239KB, 1130x1553px) Image search: [Google]
adm.jpg
239KB, 1130x1553px
Anyone read this book?
I liked it at the start, but the section on Graph Theory is really, really terrible. Maybe it's just me?
>>
>>52863605
>Doing that indeed created folder ".kivy" in home directory

Kivy isn't an IDE like lazarus is. It doesn't come with any fancy gui builders. You just develop with it using your regular Python setup. Have you even looked at any of kivy's example apps?

>>52863637
Are you sure that's what those scripts do? PyQt includes a `uic` program for converting Qt Designer's `.ui` files to Python code, but I never heard about anything for C++ to Python.
>>
Where can I begin to start understanding Java's objects, methods and classes etc?

At the moment, I'm tasked with constructing a Fraction(m,n) method that constructs a fraction with a given numerator and denominator. If I was just given this without any other instructions, I'd just find gcd(m,n) and reduce the fraction to irreducible form all within this method. But according to the instructions, I'm supposed to also construct a further two private methods gcd() and reduce(), which do this for me instead.

So, yeah, I just need to find something that'll help me get my head around of this. At the moment, I have absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to do to get this to work and I'm just sat here pissed off tbqh
>>
>>52863665
from my limited assembly lnowledge, i think things declared on your data section are global variables
sub esp allocates space on the stack for stack variables
>>
>>52863730
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_responsibility_principle
>>
>>52863665
You have it all wrong. Don't you remember stack-versus-heap and all that?

The `dq` instructions allocate memory in the program image that is loaded at program start.

The `sub rsp` instruction allocates memory in the stack at the time it is executed.
>>
>>52863754
(the data section isnt quite the heap though)
>>
>>52863665
>3 8-byte variables ( with dq )
I think dq allocates data for a quad-word, not a byte. So it would be 64-bits each.
Also all of those things are "global variables", and don't have anything to do with the stack.
>>
>>52863772
The rest of the code is just doing basic math on the 3 globals. Why would he allocate memory in the stack?
>>
>>52863785
Probably for temporary values, or perhaps because the calling convention requires him to save certain registers.
>>
>>52863702

So, is there any IDE software like Lazarus but for Python?

It is just that most of software I use at work for various tasks was made in Lazarus and thus made in Pascal. I might have to either modify or make myself similar control application but modifying would mean having to learn Pascal and Lazarus, which I dont really want to. At other hand, I hate programming so was wondering if there is another software that would allow me to make applications in such "drag and drop" manner.

For PyQt reply, I might again just did something wrong, but like I said, "tutorials" linked on main site didnt help me at all. Also, where I can get this "Qt Designer", since all I find is "Qt Creator" instead.
>>
>>52863796
>I hate programming

Just use Visual Basic already.
>>
>>52863772
>>52863770
>>52863754
>>52863747
>>52863794
Thank's guys :D
>>
Ask your much beloved programming literate anything.

>>52858924
>What are you working on, /g/?
toying with dptstackvm, the official /dpt/ virtual stack machine.

>>52859257
https://www.upwork.com/
>>
6 string banjo?? what kind of foolishness is this?
>>
>>52864167
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po
>>
>>52858924
Thank you for not using an anime image!
>>
>>52864174
Yeah, but the kid in the video is using a 5 string banjo like the rest of the world. In OP's pic it is a 6 string banjo.. like some retarded banjo for special people who only know guitar chords or something.
>>
>>52863876
So I was thinking of learning assembly, but I'm curious about something
Could a serious mistake in code actually cause a hardware failure?
I don't really know how to go about this
>>
>>52864178
no
>>
File: 1417411571471.jpg (25KB, 397x360px) Image search: [Google]
1417411571471.jpg
25KB, 397x360px
I'm in my Algorithms and Data Structures class now AMA
>>
>>52864208
Take a pic
>>
>>52864201
nope it cant
>>
>>52864208
Why don't you try to learn something instead of posting on /g/?
>>
File: 134257380020.jpg (34KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
134257380020.jpg
34KB, 288x499px
>>52864208
>Algorithms and Data Structures
>In the same class
>>
File: sweating pepe.jpg (3KB, 125x119px) Image search: [Google]
sweating pepe.jpg
3KB, 125x119px
>>52864217
No because then I might be identified
>>
>>52864222
You're right
>>
>>52864220
as long as your code rus in protected mode (ie you're not writing a kernel, kernel module or driver) you can't crash anything except the process your program is running in, and definetly cant cause any hardware damage at all
>>
>>52864253
even in kernel mode.
>>
>>52864273
cant you destroy monitors by setting a wrong refresh rate?
>>
>>52864208
what's the guy to grill ratio?
>>
>>52864334
sexist pig
>>
I cant get my files to reappear in a visual studio project. God this ide is such shit. Anyone know why? I'm trying to add a new main function item to my source, but that panel with the files has miraculously gone missing.
>>
>>52864526
nvm, got it under "solution explorer"

can anyone recommend a better ide than vs tho? it's such garbage. I expect better from Microsoft, for some reason.
>>
>>52864542
CLion
>>
>>52864552
is not free
>>
>>52864526
>>52864542
>I am too stupid to understand one of the best IDE's
>Can someone recommend an IDE that doesn't have complicated things like "windows" and "a view menu" or any of those really annoying "features"

If you can't use VS, there is no hope for you.
>>
>>52864574
>microsoft product
>best anything
You sure are retarded.
>>
>>52864574
it installs for 4 fucking hours
>>
>>52864594
>C#
Best desktop application language by a country mile

>Windows
Objectively the best operating system, Win7 doesn't have a 50% market share for no reason.

>VS
A great IDE filled the brim with top tier features, if you're not autistic then you can live with the bloat.

>"Hurr durr lol migrosoft so bad :DDDD"
When you can bring some objective evidence to the party, then we can talk. Go back to struggling to string together a program in an IDE designed to make it as simple and enjoyable as humanly possible, you utter fuck.

>>52864626
Yeah if you have dial up and an old 5200RPM drive.
>>
>>52864639
>best operating system
the dos shell sucks
no package manager
seh exploits
dep off by default
no kernel modules
no ld_preload
no customization

>most supported
i can agree with that
>>
>>52864334
8:1 or something
>>
File: 9oD6MFy.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
9oD6MFy.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>52864742
>no package manager

what is NuGet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
whats he difference between these two?
var foo = function(name) {
alert(name);
};

// and
function foo(name) {
alert(name);
};
>>
>>52864847
can nuget install apache for me
>>
>>52864742

The shitty shell and package manager thing have been fixed.

Everything else is true, though.
>>
>>52864871

Yes, it actually can.
>>
>>52864742
> the dos shell sucks
PowerShell doesn't.
> no package manager
Windows Store or nuget.
> seh exploits
> dep off by default
For non-critical code.
> no kernel modules
Well, I can update my video card driver without rebooting the system, that's enough modularity for me. Last time I checked I couldn't do that in my linux.
> no ld_preload
Current dir is ld_preload.
> no customization
More time for useful things and video games.
>>
i'm glad there's a thread where people talk about programming
>>
>>52858924
Where's the Code of Conduct? Why not include it in the OP? Don't brush off bullying and the so-called "meritocratic" behavior! Step it up or I swear, /g/ is going to shit.
>>
>>52864901
>Windows Store or nuget.
can I "nuget" visual studio? is it in the windows store?
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>52864968
>>
>>52863796

Please respond ;_;
>>
File: pacman -S visual-studio.png (69KB, 831x805px) Image search: [Google]
pacman -S visual-studio.png
69KB, 831x805px
>>52864901
>>52864968
Also you can just install msys2 and get functional linux environment with good packet manager.
> "nuget" visual studio
You can "pacman" qt-creator, if you really need to.
>>
>>52865048
>if you really need to
can I "pacman" visual studio?
>>
>>52865048
>functional linux environment
with lxc and all the other goodies?
>>
>>52865079
No, you have to download it manually, just like you have to download initial installer of msys2. At the same time, you can't install VS in linux at all.
>>
>>52864901

>nuget
>package manager
Mate, try using it to install libraries.
>>
>>52865079

you actually can. Visual Studio Code is in the AUR, so you can do `yaourt -S visual-studio-code`
>>
>>52860798
When did this Python multi-line quote may may start?
>>
>>52860717
C (and its descendants) are used very widely, not just in embedded. Depending on which system you use, 95%+ of the software you are using will be written in C (linux), C++ (windows) or C/ObjC (OSX).
>>
File: constanza.jpg (302KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
constanza.jpg
302KB, 1000x750px
>>52865048
>Also you can just install msys2 and get functional linux environment
I bet using it is as much fun as using Cygwin

>>52865157
>Visual Studio Code
>>
>>52865153
>manually
trash
>>
>>52865229
VSC isn't bad, it lets you edit C#, has roslyn integration and whatnot. VS proper will not come to linux anytime soon, of course, so then you have to wine it.
>>
>>52865157
>Visual Studio Code
that's not visual studio, dumbass
>>
>>52864857
https://javascriptweblog.wordpress.com/2010/07/06/function-declarations-vs-function-expressions/
>>
>>52865250
>it lets you edit C#
a text editor that lets you edit? say it ain't so
>>
Why is fucking opengl using column-major matrices.

I just fucking spent half an hour to discover that the math library I've been using it performing row-major matrix multiplication and hence all vertex transformationations were apllied in reverse order.
>>
>>52865260
editing with IDE features, not editing with text-editor features.
>>
>>52865268
because column-major is basically the default everyone uses in mathematics, physics, ....
>>
>>52865275
>editing with IDE features
syntax highlight?
>>
>>52864639
>Objectively the best operating system, Win7 doesn't have a 50% market share for no reason.
- No workspaces
- No proper way to preview applications or handle big amounts of window at once, everything gets into your way.
- shitty shell (PowerShell is not present on any system and considering the verbosity and complexity of most commands more of a scripting langue than a shell)
- everything is sluggish and slow
- non-functional and directory structure (forces me to add everything to PATH manually)
- the whole system is really bloated and needs 25gb for a basic installation.

>C#
>Best desktop application language by a country mile
No proper cross-platform GUI framework, creates a dependency on a huge runtime and the bytecode performance is as bad / slower than java on most plattforms. If you are fine with creating bloated applications that have a dependency on a 150mb runtime then its probably okay, but I would prefer C++ for actually usable desktop apps.

>VS
Uses MSVC as backend, which is a shit-tier non-standard compiler that only works on Windows. CLANG and GCC are where its at.
>>
>>52863095
Tkinter is nice and easy to work with. Lots of tutorials too
>>
>>52865389
>No proper cross-platform GUI framework

GTK#, now shot up.
>>
NeW BRead PlOx XDXD
>>
>>52865389

>non-functional and directory structure (forces me to add everything to PATH manually)
This is particularly annoying.

>No proper cross-platform GUI framework
http://www.mono-project.com/docs/gui/winforms/
>>
/!\ A L E R T /!\

New thread

>>52865510
>>52865510
>>52865510

/!\ A L E R T /!\
>>
>>52865514
Retard.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.