[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> a browser for our friends on /g/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

File: vivaldi.png (35KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
vivaldi.png
35KB, 346x346px
> a browser for our friends on /g/
>>
>>52529571
botnet

please stop
>>
>interface written in javascript
>>
>>52529571
>>
>>52529624
>>52529653
>>52529736
Enjoy your placebo firecuck browser
>>
Best of 2016 so far
>>
>>52529571
there is no good browser, accept that.
>>
It's interesting how much hate /g/ has towards Vivaldi and SeaMonkey, which are the only two browsers left targeting so-called "power users". Yet there are ten threads a day lamenting how shit and dumbed down Chrome/Firefox/Edge are.

You fags don't know what you want.
>>
>>52529788
>I have no arguments
>>
>>52529822
Keep using pale moon. It's super fast and I've heard that Firefox is really good with flash and html ;)
>>
Here is a simple theory.

Internet is a good thing and they done it the right way.

Web, was made by idiots. Nowadays, there's no good language, no consensus on how to create a website with a database, that fit on every screens, etc.
There's nothing good that came from all that shit, and we have reached a point where web browsers have to be : simple, fast, have a lot of options to fulfil all the needs, and be secure.
Obviously, it's difficult for the devs to match those standards and therefore we can't have something good.

Don't search a good web browser, a good language to create your shitty websites. There's nothing good when it comes to web.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>52529816
This
>>
I'm trying it out after resetting my PC. Works pretty good (though for some reason I can't import my old bookmarks file from Opera 12) but I'm worried about the separated processes. I've seen like 5 processes in task manager with three tabs open. The fuck?
>>
File: 1331524407492.jpg (80KB, 443x388px) Image search: [Google]
1331524407492.jpg
80KB, 443x388px
>>52529861

>flash

But yeah, Firefox is indeed super fast. Maybe you're doing something wrong?
>>
>>52529571
According to /g/ everyerthing is either:
A: A bot net
B: Or fucking garbage
how dose /g/ browse the web if it considers everything poison?
>>
>>52530494
That's just how Chromium and its derivatives work. Means if one tab crashes, it doesn't take the whole browser with it.
>>
>>52529788
>>52529861
>lying on the internet trying to justifying the existence of his shitty botnet browser

vivashills on suicide watch.
>>
https://brave.com/

That new shit.

It's open source. They're going to include ads, however, they will be anonymous and will be sandboxed and block tracking by default. I'm not buying the idea that the internet *needs* to be ad-supported but I do find this to be a major step away from the invasive ad culture that we see today.
>>
>>52529571
it's absolute garbage, fuck off with the spam.
>>
>>52530602
Could you elaborate on your claim that it's "garbage", anon? Perhaps you could make a list of your ten biggest complaints about Vivaldi and we could work through them together?
>>
>>52529816
>It's interesting how much hate /g/ has towards Vivaldi

It's hatred is towards the constant shilling of said browser which then overshadows the decent program you nut

>it's customizable
>Vivaldi masterrace
>Why haven't you switched to Vivaldi yet?
>it does virtually everything better than Chrome although it uses the same engine and look
>Vivaldi is the second coming of Christ

Almost as obnoxious as micro$hills
>>
>>52530627
>being this much of a shill
>>
>>52530631
Oh fuck off, retard. Making a thread to discuss something isn't "shilling". Hide them if you don't like them. In fact, block the word Vivaldi in your filters and you need never see another thread about it again.

Or are you actually just a shitposter who likes complaining?

>>52530693
That's what I thought, anon.
>>
>>52530627
let's start with how some builds crash randomly depending on hardware. it's simply a less reliable, shittier version of already existing browsers. any more questions?
>>
>>52530717
Works on my machine, anon. Any more questions?

I might start posting a daily Vivaldi thread just to annoy you guys. :^)
>>
>>52530738
Pls do
>>
>>52530738
you didn't really address my second main point.
it does less than any current major browser and it's already worse at it. why would anyone besides a paid spammer use it?
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (65KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
65KB, 848x477px
>>52530708
>Making a thread to discuss something isn't "shilling"

Yes just like posting an advertisement several times a day constantly using superlatives like xxyy "masterrace, best xxyy ever, why aren't you using xxyy yet" isn't shilling right? Jesus Christ just admit you want people to use your browser for whatever reason
>>
>>52530602
Still more customizable than Mozilla Firecuck these days.

Vivaldi developers do what the user wants, Mozilla does what money givers want.

So, you shut the fuck up!
>>
>>52530843
In that case Firefox supporters are the worst shills ever.

As for them everything else is just plain shit, while they using just a fake Firefox these days, sold to big money, greed, being like Chrome and Mozilla shitting on users and ass crawling into SJW's bodies.
>>
>>52531424
>does what the users want
surely you meant to say "what the small board of investors of the company that owns this proprietary software want"
>>
>>52531461
>Doesn't have real arguments
>B-but those g-guys are way worse!
>>
>>52531469
Nope, Vivaldi team adds tons of customization. That is what their users want.

Mozilla removes all customization, but that is what their users do NOT want.
>>
File: 1435757479774.jpg (82KB, 499x497px) Image search: [Google]
1435757479774.jpg
82KB, 499x497px
Vivaldi is a shitty proprietary botnet, nobody cares.

>inb4 le botnet maymay
Still a botnet it is.
>>
>>52531517
It's cute how you're trying so hard to make this argument about Mozilla. Hint-hint, no one cares.
The question was why should anyone use this useless piece of adware, the answer is there are no reasons.
>>
>>52531485
That is the best argument. Mozilla shits on their users, Opera shits on their users, Vivaldi guys do not shit on their users.

Browser developers who remove features which the user wants in the product are the worst.
>>
>>52531517
>Mozilla removes all customization
Give me one single example, just one.
>>
>>52531534
Adware - this is the new project of Brendan Eich, but not Vivaldi.

Vivaldi and Brave browser are 2 different things.
>>
>>52529571
>just another chromium iteration
>sends data to opera servers
>>
>>52531541
All what is featured these days only in Classic Theme restorer.

Most of it has been part of the UI options until Firefox 28.

UI customization is almost non existing anymore in Firefox today.
>>
>not using pale moon
>>
>>52531562
Only if you're a dumbuser. The config files have worked the same for years and have shown no changes. The only thing that has changed is the common selector schema, but updating anything around that is a simple one-to-one mapping.
The only real change is that real developers have moved on from omg-Firefox-Modern-Warfare-themes-pls.
>>
>>52531541

Just try the features Firefox 22 had inside, try what Fuckstralis has inside.

I would everyday use Firefox 22 over everything Mozilla creates today. They are the real Chrome clone company these days.

And as soon as i meet a Mozilla dev, i send their bones flying the hard way and watch them being crushed on the road.
>>
>>52531562
BAM! DOWN IN THE BUCKET
>>
>>52531603
You know nothing about customization simple fag. There is a difference between modifying some config files and changing the whole UI in placing everything everywhere where i want to have it and not the way Mozilla wants me to do.
>>
>>52531562
>All what is featured these days only in Classic Theme restorer.
>A single user-made addon can completely mod the UI
>Still says the browser is not customizable

Shill pls..
>>
>>52531627
this is my UI on Firefox 43, any more questions?
>>
i works absolutely go for it, if it supported addons/extensions/plugins

how can it be for power users if it lacks third party plug in support
>>
>>52531541
And yes, it is my opinion that Mozilla developers should be terminated from our planet.

Someone should send them to Syria, while i hate radical freaks, these guys down there know how to handle morons.

Would love to see Mozilla devs becoming sex slaves of some stone age Muslim.
>>
>>52531649
This is no customization. Customization is not about minimalism.

Shut the fuck up minimalism and simplicity fag!
>>
>>52530532
Nobody actually does anything here.
>>
>>52529816
I've never seen any hate for Seamonkey around here. It's rarely even mentioned at all except by people who already use it.
>>
>>52531677
>your customization is not what i meant with customization!
>spurting shit
do you want some aloe vera for that butthurt?
>>
>>52531702
As soon as it gets any recognition people will immediately hate it. That's just how things work.

The only reason people don't hate something is because they don't know about it yet.
>>
>>52531611
I've been using FF for a decade and I know they tried to copy Chrome to appeal the normies who infested internet thanks to facebook and the likes, but I still don't see this lack of features you're talking about. I literally didn't find any difference except the tabs shape, the menu button on the right and the lack of addons bar, which I restored right away with an user-made addon that was released within the same week after the update.
>>
It sucks. Can't eve switch between youtube accounts.
>>
File: b61accuracy.jpg (60KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
b61accuracy.jpg
60KB, 500x391px
>>52531677
I hope this is a sarcastic reply, because any sane human being with at least a neuron left in the skull would be able to understand that if you can minimize it, you can also maximize it.
>>
>>52531708
Show me how i can do that with Firefox without the usage of any add-on these days!

This is customization you fag!
>>
>>52531803
Of course it is a sarcastic reply. What else? :P
>>
>>52531804
the entire point of the browser is addons you dumb kraut
>>
>>52529816
>Vivaldi targeted for powerusers
>no vimperator
>>
>>52531837
It's funny because he can't even understand he's refuting his own points.
>>
>>52529571
>shit tier ui
>not free software
>literally just chrome
baka desu senpai
>>
>>52531837
add-ons are only useful for features which have no value in the core, for example adblock or no script, or clocks or else.

Customization is a valid part of a software/of an OS and should be integrated in the core of a product. Mozilla believed in that in the past.

Opera believed in that in the past.

Then Chrome came and Mozilla and Opera betrayed their users for being able to attract Chrome users only. That is all about greed and jealousy.
>>
>>52531870
Customization is no shit tier. Minimalism is shit tier.

People like you should be erased from that world, sent to ISS and blown up with all the likes of you.
>>
>>52531804
This sure looks usable!

I always wanted to browse the web in squares that take up a 10th of my screen.

It'd be like browsing the web on 10 smartphones at the same time!
>>
>>52531804
>Please support 4chan by disabling your ad blocker
If you're gonna come here to shill your pile of shit web browser, the least you could do is give something back, you fucking jew.
>>
>>52531899
If I cared about minimalism, I wouldn't be using Firefox, faggot.
>>
>>52531804
you can do that with addons, don't need to go autistic with javascript.

by the way, now that I think about it there's a marketplace for firefox os with javascript addons which run in firefox browser as well.
>>
>>52529571
Otter browser is much better than Vivaldi. It is Open Source, and has most of the Vivaldi features too.
>>
>>52531973
Believe it or not, many people want features in the core, not only over add-ons.
>>
>>52531804
>wasting screen space with gaps
disgusting
>>
>>52531968
Firefox with Servo will be almost as non customizable as Chrome. So in fact, yes, you will have to care about minimalism, otherwise you would not use that piece of shit anymore.
>>
>>52531997
Firefox is the equivalent of linux kernel, you can do whatever the hell you want with it. Don't like the official build? make your own with more customization, the code is there for everyone to use, just fork it and git good.
>>
>>52532029
But Vivaldi is literally Chrome.

You can't even get a vim-like addon to work consistently, since Chrome doesn't let you run scripts on certain pages or some shit.
>>
>>52531804
That's literally a bunch of iframes, hell I can do that with a static html page kek.
>>
http://otter-browser.org/ - Anyway, the only browser i recommend these days. Truly unique and not bound to big business like Opera, Chrome or Firefox or Edge or Safari.

Everyone who is using that kind of browsers is to be blamed that technology makes steadily steps backwards in complexity, being unique and feature rich out of the box.

Brain has gone lost after the end of Amiga/C64/Atari days, where people valued a challenge and have not been minimalist lovers.

Simplicity, modularity are the reason why software with tons of features on board is going to die these days. So, in fact, all of you are gravediggers of technology and advancement.
>>
>>52532063
The typical argument of minimalism shills:

>Grab the code and change it, but do not pollute our minimalism Mozilla-ware with features we simple users can't understand.
>>
>>52532063
I for my part do not use SJW polluted software and i will not use a browser where the source company has abandoned geeks for simple users.

That is the wrong attempt. Mozilla had ZERO right to make a 180 degree turn of their development mentality. The idea to be only able to survive if adopting the way of another browser is a stupid one.

That is the reason, why Mozilla's mimicking ofChrome will be their doom in the end.
>>
>>52532240
>features we simple users can't understand.
m8 it's a damn javascript editor you're talking about.
>>
>>52532240
Firefox isn't minimalistic at all though, it's a clusterfuck of random shit tossed together.
>>
>Proprietary
too soon
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.