[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I have a battery pack from an old laptop of mine and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20151130_210541.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151130_210541.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
Hey guys.

I have a battery pack from an old laptop of mine and I'd like to use them for other purpose (Vaping etc.)
My question is, how can I cut the batterys from the control module without shorting them?
>>
>>>/diy/ is probably a better place
>>
File: IMG_20151130_210527.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151130_210527.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Here are some more pics of the whole construction.
>>
You didn't actually come to /g/ for technological advice did you???
>>
Don't do it. They may be 18650s but they were intended for a different purpose. If you continue with this you risk blowing them up in your face or burning something down.
>>
>>51616606
If you seriously have to ask you shouldn't do it.
>>
>>51616606

You should take apart a digital clock, attach those batteries to "power" it, put it in a pencil case, and take to school.
>>
>>51616606
I've done this OP. Just cut the connections quickly and you'll be fine.
>>
>>51616684
laptop batteries dont blow up individually you fucking idiot
>>
DON'T EVEN TRY TO GO OVER 3A WITH THEM!
>It's the safe border of constant work for them.
Are you really retarded or sth? Just use the soldering gun to heat up tin and just tear them or without heating like I did to them.
>>
Just grab with pliers and peel the tab off, the spot welds aren't very strong. If the pack had something wrong with it (wouldn't hold a decent charge for example) then one or more of the batteries is likely fucked. Not sure how you could test them other than getting one of those chargers that discharges and measures the batteries capacity.
>>
File: 20151201_090826_HDR-1.jpg (770KB, 2038x2453px) Image search: [Google]
20151201_090826_HDR-1.jpg
770KB, 2038x2453px
>>51616684
You're a fucking idiot

>>51616606
If you want to use them for vaping, be careful. These are unprotected, aged, and not high draw cells.
Try to keep Max current below 2c.

>>51616714
This. Just use a wire cutter and cut the tabs off the batteries, also do a charge/discharge test before using them.

Used laptop batteries are a great source of cheap but perfectly usable 18650s. I'm lucky I've got a friend who runs a pc shop who gives me the batteries instead of throwing them out.
>>
>>51616606
those tabs are pretty flimsy, I just rip them out by hand.

All my cells for my flashlights and shit I ripped from laptop batteries or portable power banks.
>>
>>51618783
dis nigga knows what he's on about
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.