[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone sent me some php link which I'm sure is malicious.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: php-logo.png (59KB, 461x281px) Image search: [Google]
php-logo.png
59KB, 461x281px
Someone sent me some php link which I'm sure is malicious. Also, I am pretty certain who sent it since the dummy used their real birth date for the email address from which it was sent.

I have messed with php a little in the past and I am really curious as to what they sent me but I'm not an IT guy and I can't think of a way to create a safe zone in a vm or something in order to check it out. Can anyone think of anything?
>>
>>51615277

fuck off.
>>
install gentoo
>>
install gentoo
then fuck off
>>
PHP, as a scripting language itself,is a danger to the world of computing and the 21st century IT infrastructure itself.

My recommendation is that you reject that link on principal and enroll at MIT computer science.
>>
last bump
>>
It's a hacked mailbox you dumb ass, sending you to a phishing/hacked website. Just ignore it.
>>
>>51615785

Missing the point.

Nevermind, guys. Man, no wonder everyone is always calling /g/ complete shit.
>>
Yes im thinken about ur mum on muh dick lamo
>>
>>51615858
>hi guys, I don't know fuck all about technology, but I'll come to a technology board and the first thing I do will be to ask for something that I could probably just google
/g/ sure is shit right
>>
>>51615858

LOL
>>
>>51615858
It's just a regular hacked cms, you retarded wannabe. There is nothing interesting in it. However seeing how stupid you are it's no surprise you want to look at injected iframes for penis enlargement.
>>
>>51616377

Sorry to everyone who isn't a faggot but I have to revive this.

You guys seem to be really against learning. Why is that?
>>
>>51615277
>which I'm sure is malicious

What made you think that? What happens when you click on it?
>>
File: pls read the sticky.png (7KB, 420x385px) Image search: [Google]
pls read the sticky.png
7KB, 420x385px
Fuck off
>>
>>51616479

/g/ is not for discussing coding or IT solutions, it is for shitposting about smartphones and pictures of your computer desk.

I understand, thanks.
>>
File: 1448353744791.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1448353744791.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>51616520
You have not demonstrated your knowledge
You rely on your answers on /g/ instead of google
You are asking for tech support

there's a difference between an autist that cant config his gentoo because of X; he tried Y and Z, and now he needs help from someone e xperienced

You on the other hand
>WWAAAAH HACKERS
>waaah help me /g/
>FINE! dont help me. you suck anyway

Yeah, just fuck right off
>>
>>51616589

I can't find a way of protecting my AP or dumb devices, as far as I can tell it is impossible to do so when you also need to get on the internet... I thought that much was obvious, didn't think I needed to spell out something so simple to the technology board.

I figured what I was asking for was impossible but I didn't want to discourage discussion, didn't think that would lead to a flood of shitposts, but I also don't come to /g/ very often.
>>
>>51616430

>against learning

You fucking said you knew it was something bad. Ok, you know that. What fucking else is there to do besides to ignore it ?

Holy shit, how fucking dense are you ?
>>
>Someone sent me some php link which I'm sure is malicious
> I am pretty certain who sent it since the dummy used their real birth date for the email address from which it was sent.

>Can anyone think of anything ?

Think of what ?

What do you fucking want ?
>>
>>51615277
php is code that runs on the server
you cannot obtain any kind of virus using this

absolute worse case scenario is that he logged your ip.

and other than scaring you, is absolutely worthless.
>>
>>51616681
Wow. You don't belong here. But seriously; it's a malicious link. Just launch a sandboxed VM with a decent modern browser installed and type the fucking address in if you want to see what the link will do.
>>
just make a VM from Ubuntu and open it up in incognito.
>>
>>51616778
that php link could have js which is a big nono
>>
>>51616681
download the page with WGET?

start a VM

run your firewall *deny incoming* what else can u do?
>>
>>51616789

And if it starts messing with my AP, then what do I do?

Seems like you're the one who doesn't belong here and needs to head on over to google.

>>51616806

His only experience with php is probably related to mysql.
>>
>>51616823

Awesome, thank you very much.

The rest of you guys can collectively eat a dick.
>>
>>51616879

Lol, he just fucked you over.

Enjoy the php.
>>
>>51616778
>you cannot obtain any kind of virus using this
there just needs to be a virus as a file which php just puts out to you. That is all and yes this still works because most people download everything they got without even noticing it and by not having ANY antivirus-program. ...and I know guys that can be fucked over with this method.
>>
>>51616879
post the "php" file

culd be a virus you actually just downloaded
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.