[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1 MB unallocated space on an old external on Win7. Happened after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ss+(2015-11-30+at+07.06.22).png (4KB, 853x76px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-30+at+07.06.22).png
4KB, 853x76px
1 MB unallocated space on an old external on Win7.
Happened after I formated it (used to used it on OSX).
Help.
>>
Try gparted
>>
So what, it's1MB let it have its space.
>>
Wow 1mb less you're totally going to use every MB of that drive
>>
Disk never full, OP. You don't know yet but this is a good thing.
>>
cmd.exe as admin
"diskpart"
"list disk"
"select disk X", where X is appropriate number
"clean" (will wipe drive)
Now start over again in and create partition etc.
>>
GPT vs MBR. You just got keked.
>>
>>51617798
Didn't work.

I guess maybe it's always been like that and I haven't noticed because
>OSX
But thanks anyway!
>>
>>51614904
Your partitioner probably aligned it to a disk sector. This helps make sure that the host OS won't excessively access things spanning across consecutive on disk sectors (from my understanding).

You probably don't want to get rid of it.
>>
>>51619893
Interesting.
Thanks.
>>
>>51614904
Boot your windows install cd
Accept all the stuff like you are going to formaat the computer
Select the option customize (not really sure the name but its not the upgrade thing)
You will see your partitions, click more options or advanced options
"Delete" the 1MB partition
Extend your main partition
You are done

This happend to me and I fixed it this way, hope it works for you too
>>
>>51620618
Sounds risky, but I might try that,
Kinda weird that you can't fix it in an easy way.
>>
>>51620618
I'd make sure it's 4k aligned, first. If not, reformat to fix that, too.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1425792604983.jpg (20KB, 400x370px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1425792604983.jpg
20KB, 400x370px
Use it for swap retard
>>
>>51620675
>>51620722
you dont need to format your main partition only delete the 1MB, after that just cancel the setup or turn off the computer I did that with no problem
>>
>>51620772
If it's not 4k aligned he should format to fix that.
>>
>>51620788
Well I dont know about that xD Bit didnt he say it was good at first? This happend to me when I was trying to resize one of my partitions
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.