[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

File: note-4-800x400.jpg (91KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
note-4-800x400.jpg
91KB, 800x400px
Find a flaw
>>
>>51609169
Best non-nexus Android phone you could buy.
Served me well before I upgraded to the 6S Plus.
>>
>>51609169
The size.
>>
Other than being locked down on, unrootable, it's awesome.

I hope the trustzone vulnerability will eventually get us an unlock of sorts.
>>
>>51609191
>iphone 6s plus
>upgraded

sure whatever you say boss
>>
>>51609191
That's a massive downgrade there bruuh
>>
It's old now and the note 5 sucks in conparison

>>51609207
????
>>
>>51609169
Great phone, too bad it's amoled. If I had money to burn, I'd get a Note.

But I don't want to throw money on a phone which might get burn in after a few months or a year. Or to have to force myself to use it in a way that will reduce the risk of getting burn in (setting a black background, avoid using the screen on the same app too many hours, etc). That's just too much hassle.

If this thing had an LCD option and a metal case, I'd get it right away.

Heck, the ideal phone would be one with the Note internals, LCD screen and an HTC metal case and design. Too bad nobody thought of making such a phone. It would blow anything out of the water in terms of durability, performance and looks.
>>
>>51609411
>Note internals, LCD screen and an HTC metal case and design
iPhone comes the closest to that description. So just get an Android iPhone clone.
>>
>>51609334
http://theroot.ninja/disclosures/TRUSTNONE_1.0-11282015.pdf

Are you asking about Trustzone?
>>
>>51609411
You've just described a 2012 AMOLED screen
>>
>>51609169
The flaw is that you are trying to incite a consumer electronics fanboy war on a technology board.
>>
>>51609445
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>51609422
>iphone clone
>probably chinese
I like original phones :¬)
>>
>>51609169

Touchwiz

Nexus rom godlike
>>
>>51609602
Touchwiz is actually not that bad anymore on the newer devices. It came with some useful things for multitasking way before AOSP started.
>>
File: smartphone-battery.jpg (43KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
smartphone-battery.jpg
43KB, 1200x900px
>>51609169
The price, what are you faggots doing on your phones that you need specs like that? My phone is just a 4chan browser/manga and book reader/ music device.

Smart phones are the epitome of needlessly overpowered shit. Just buy some 'outdated' or budget phones unless you really need it (ie. you like playing shitty games or emulating games with terrible controls)
>>
>>51609735
>being a poorfag
>>
>>51609735
So because you're fine with a suck phone doing your mediocre tasks, you think others are wasting their money buying it? Fucking neets.
>>
>>51609735
Looks like someone doesn't have enough IQ to actually use a fucking phone.
>>
>>51609169
Its only palpable flaw is TouchJiz.

Its a fantastic phone, 9/10.
>>
I can't decide between this, an S6 Edge or a Note 5. If money were no object, which would you get between the three?
>>
>>51609774
>>51609812
>im insecure about my lack financial worth so I waste money on shit to feel rich
Call me a fool but I like to spend my hard earned cash on shit I need and can appreciate like cooking equipment and tools that will last half a life time.

Also feel free to enlighten me on what the fuck your doing on your phones and how your getting your moneys worth.
>>
>>51609437
>he bought into the "amoleds have improved, they're totally safe now" meme

Then why is Apple investing in research to increase the lifespan of amoleds, if this is not an issue? They are also researching how to build sensors into an amoled screen so that once it starts wearing off the screen would re-calibrate itself, basically giving you the illusion everything is fine.
>>
>>51609973
>he assumes I spend all my money on a phone

Oh anon, you're adorable. It's clear you simply don't value phones like others, that's all. Go play now...
>>
>>51609966
Note 4 with wacom smart stylus, two ZL 10000mah batteries and a 200gb SD card
>>
>>51609998
>...
You still have yet to explain why you need a phone of that caliber anon, what do you do on yours that I can do on my phone that isn't playing the latest shitty facebook tier games?
>>
>>51610156
*what do you do on yours that I can't do on my phone
>>
>>51610156
>being this upset

If you're not a power user that's fine anon, I'm sure your waifus or whatever show up just fine on your 480 screen.
>>
>>51609169
not iphone
>>
>>51610173
I'm not upset, merely curious friend :^)
>>
>>51609774
>>51609812
>>51609858
>>51610171
>>51610173
>>51610156
>>51610181
>we arent throwing away cash, your just poor
>im not poor and here is why you are wasting cash
>nah you just arent doing it right :^)
sasuga smartphonefags
>>
I own one. Notification bar has burn-in

Rather, the whole screen has burn-in EXCEPT the notification bar. Everything is a super super faint yellow.

Battery life is inconsistent. Sometimes shuts off at 15% and reboots over and over.

S Pen smells.
>>
the size
>>
>>51609207
>locked
>unrootable

Get a better carrier.
>>
>>51610479
>Notification bar has burn-in
>Rather, the whole screen has burn-in EXCEPT the notification bar. Everything is a super super faint yellow.

That's why I didn't buy one. Other than that it seemed like a good phone.

Well, there is no perfect android phone, everyone has some significant flaw.

If only HTC could get their shit together and just slam the best specs, best camera, best battery in that gorgeous metal case, that might be the best android phone ever. But they're too desperate to think straight now.
>>
>>51610479
i dont get how this happens, I have a note3 without any burn in after almost 2 years... Just make sure you dont ever have brightness over 50% for more than a few minutes at a time while you are outside, and it will be fine for years.

Literally the only people I see with burn in are people running the GPS for 3-5 hours a day at 70% brightness or other stupid shit and wondering why there is burn in like fucking retards.
>>
Android.

That was easy
>>
>>51611152
Well, my notification bar is black, and I rarely use apps that take up the whole screen. So 90% of the time, that part of the screen isn't lit up.

I only noticed it in the past month, so it took about a year to happen.
>>
>>51609169
No ROMs.
>>
>>51611456
Whites cause burn in because the OLEDs start to degrade over time with high brightness levels, black means the pixels are off and dont degrade at all... (the biggest advantage of OLED is the fact the black levels are so good because black is just a pixel turned off).

So not sure how the fuck you managed to get burn on a part of the screen that wasn't displaying whites or other bright colors.
>>
>>51611532
You misread.

EVERYTHING is burned in (lightly toasted) EXCEPT the bar.
>>
>>51611508
Doesn't the note4 have cyanogenmod?
>>
OLED = Organic Light Emitting Diodes aka limited lifespan and brighter colors wear them out faster than darker ones hence many OLED or AMOLED panel-based devices offer some kind of dark theme natively - not all of them but the better ones do.

The most common place you'll notice burn-in is on a mostly white background style of theme especially with the content that remains on the screen at full usage (meaning white, meaning the text and icons on the notification bar more than anyplace else).

They're getting better with OLED/AMOLED technology in terms of usable lifespan for the panels but, they will simply get worse over time, it's a fact and nothing can change that.

I have an original Samsung Galaxy S Captivate that is just over 5 years old now and I use it as a PMP because of the awesome Wolfson DAC in it + the SuperAMOLED panel (the first one ever) and it still looks great to this day because I'm aware of OLED/AMOLED limitations and I don't leave the notification bar up any longer than I have to.

I can see it does show some burn-in on the boot animation which is mostly white - the burn-in shows as the typical yellowish or darker areas.

I was in an AT&T store last week and saw a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (the latest model from just a few months ago) and it had MASSIVE burn-in on the display because obviously those devices inside the store never fucking shut off. Phone's on all the time and that AMOLED panel just gets destroyed because of it with the shitty demo mode graphics.

What a waste of perfectly good tech.
>>
Haha it's absolutely awful. I bought one after using my nexus 5 for over a year. When I took it out of the box for the first time I could not fucking believe they sold that sluggy piece of shit to people.

Samsung and apple are exactly the fucking same: selling shit phones at a premium because people like cute commercials.

Absolutely an awful phone. However, cyanogen helped to alleviate some of the problems.
>>
>>51611727
you know, as an owner of the note4 since launch, i've decided some people in this world just have to be legit batshit crazy. And you my friend, appear to be one of them.
>>
File: YDMF.png (90KB, 482x315px) Image search: [Google]
YDMF.png
90KB, 482x315px
>>51611763

Aside from the fact that people are just really fucking stupid, on occasion someone does actually buy a device that happens to be defective out of the box, that could be the situation with that idi--errr, person.

If you get my drift, of course. Pic relates to said persons readily.
>>
>>51611784
>on occasion someone does actually buy a device that happens to be defective out of the box
I generally give the benefit of the doubt and assume this is the case, but why dont they just return it and get a replacement?

I just dont get people some days.
>>
>>51611701
Yeah, the problem is the ORGANIC chemical components WILL degrade, no matter what you do. You can only delay the degradation. But what's the point of buying an amoled screen phone if you have to make sure you keep the brightness low most of the time. You basically never use the phone at its full potential, just to barely make sure the display will last you a year or two.

That doesn't sound like the future of displays to me. More like this: http://www.sciencealert.com/this-new-touchscreen-material-could-see-the-end-of-daily-smartphone-charging
>>
>>51609169
It's a fucking piece of shit.

I have the Note 4 and hate it. This phone has received the most broken Android updates Samsung has put out for any phone. Not to mention the hardware issues they had like GPS not locking on for MINUTES at a time. It also has weak cellular radios.
>>
>>51611814
>You basically never use the phone at its full potential
what does screen brightness and using a phone to its "full potential" have anything to do with each other?

That's one hell of a stretch you're making bud.

Also, the colors, viewing angles, resolution, and power draw are all fairly good advantages.
>>
>>51611819
Tmobile or are you just retarded?

If you have the N910T from tmobile, feel free to continue complaining cause you guys got fucked, if you're on another note4, fuck off and install 5.1.1 and stop being a retard.
>>
>>51609981
I have a note 3 for two years and I literally use it whole fucking day, 8+ hours. Only burning in I have is a slightly brighter display on the part where the notification bar is. He'll, I even have two dead pixels that I never notice because full HD.
Tbh tho my note was nordic edition so maybe it want made with American consumerism in mind
>>
Not a PC
>>
File: IMG_20151130_082018.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151130_082018.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
So on a whim I decided to see how bad the AMOLED on my S2 has degraded. It has been used since the first release date.
It was literally impossible to see the degradation, so I had to do the following
>download gray image
>download night filter
>turn room lights off, cover windows
>turn brightness to min
>turn on night filter to make screen even darker
Then I could see this discolouration. Keep in mind this is S2 with years of use. I think I'm happy buying Note 5/4 considering the huge improvements they've had.
>>
>>51611920
The GS2 was still OK, since it wasn't HDAMOLED or some shit

My GNex has a shit load of burn in where the status and nav bar are

Same with my dad's GNex
>>
>>51611970
That refers to the subpixel design, as GS2 had the rbg pixel subarrangement rather than 2x the red normal amoled has now. It doesn't effect how fast it degrades I think.
>>
>>51611845
I've also had my note 3 for just over 2 years now, no burn in for me.
>>
>>51611920
My S3 is still like brand new too.
Colors are beautiful on this.
>>
>>51609169
stylus. size. touchwiz. Samsung. Physical home button.
>>
>>51612003
Actually, HD AMOLED is just a marketing brand for AMOLED panels that are HD (hurr)

What you're talking about is pentile layout vs RGB layout

The original Galaxy Note had an HD display (1280x800-ish), but was also RGB
>>
Kind of looks a little ugly and it comes with Touchwiz
>>
>>51610516

>get a better carrier
>only rootable on TMobile
>>
>>51609169
it's not a nexus 5x
>>
>>51609169
>samsung
>>
>>51612058
>physical home button
>flaw
>>
>touchwizz
>>
File: 7f0.jpg (41KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
7f0.jpg
41KB, 300x400px
>>51609169
>no microsd slot
>>
>>51610181
>>51610242
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>51612505
That's the note5, note4 has removable battery and mSD slot.
>>
Do people unironically buy un-rootable phones?
>>
>>51612604
Yep, I haven't had root as a requirement for my phones since high school.

Stock android does almost everything I'd root for, Nova launcher doesnt need root, blocking ads doesnt need root, tethering doesnt need root, go down the list of reasons why I used to root and there just aren't any left.

I'd much rather buy the best hardware I can instead of gimping myself with arbitrary requirements that will mean nothing to me in 2 years.
>>
>>51612522
Whats wrong with the smiley with the a carat nose :^(
>>
>>51611626
Depends on the carrier and bootloader.
>>
>>51612664
>blocking ads doesnt need root
>>
>>51609169
4 is less than 5
>>
>>51613092
it hasnt for a few months now at least kid
>>
>>51612964
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>51613511
:v(
>>
>>51613562
>using the smiley with a v nose
>>
>>51609169
>no keyboard
>gigantic display
>medicore camera
>Memesung
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.