[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sooooooo.... How many of you guys this past Black Friday event

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: kindle-50-dollars1.jpg (69KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
kindle-50-dollars1.jpg
69KB, 1000x500px
Sooooooo.... How many of you guys this past Black Friday event fell for the $35 Kindle Fire meme?
>>
>>51604050
Is it terrible?
>>
Not sure desu. Just was curious to see how many people got it and what they thought of it.
>>
fapplet should be here a few days. Can't wait.
>>
>>51604050
Already had an hdx from awhile ago so nah.
>>
>>51604050
For $35 on a tablet you aren't falling for a meme, you literally only loose pocket change unless you're a Mexican
>>
I ordered 2 and they'll be here the 14th or 16th
>>
>>51604546
Lol congrats m8
Is there a root exploit?
>>
>>51604050
Is there any way to put stock android on the 50 dollar tablet? I might just get one if so. I've been looking for a pdf reader
>>
>>51604847
>I've been looking for a pdf reader
So buy a fucking nook or kindle

Or you know go to your fucking local library and print the shit out for free
>>
File: 1446416235980.jpg (40KB, 1193x715px) Image search: [Google]
1446416235980.jpg
40KB, 1193x715px
>>51605154
I kekl'd
>>
I have one running CM12

Bought it for $50 when it got announced. Not bad for the price.
>>
>>51605376
Does it lag?
>>
>>51604786
yes there is
you can either install goolge play store framework w/o full root or you root and run custom rom , or so i hear

or you can just DL and side load apps i saw someone running a N64 emu side loaded on the native OS

so disappointed i was under the impression the deal was on till cyber monday but when i woke up it was gone

i wanted to go look at one in person 1st and do some research about rooting and performance

i saw one at worst buy today , the screen and build quality were no where near as bad as i thought

the display was a demo unit and locked down to shitty demo though so i could not test it at all
but videos i saw of it rooted looked good and got good review by the rooter said it was responsive

i hope they bring it back one more time for cuber monday maybe i will pick up a couple

i never rooted anything before and i was looking to get this to experiment on

i thought it would be easy to find a comparable Chinese tablet with near exact specs for 35$ but i havent been able to everything is only 512 ram not 1gb
>>
>>51605570
They don't call it the Kindle Fire for nothing, it's BLAZING fast!
>>
>kindle

You should never, ever fall for this DRM crap.
>>
>>51605845
i though they called it that cause it was catching on fire like the nvidia shield
>>
>>51605841
yeah, hoping they will offer same deal near x-mas time. Got an old tab 2 that is not holding charge like it used to, so this might be a good replacement.
>>
>>51605874
>DRM

yeah but you can root it

and i don't know but is prime worth it?

seems like it may not be that bad only 100 a year or something right, 90 a year maybe?
i know they upped it from 80$

i mean how is the movie and tv shoah selection? it can't be worse than NF right?
i never been on it

plus if you root you can still DL a prime movie app

and rooted or not i think it still has screen mirroring
>>
>>51605945
>yeah but you can root it

You are still giving Amazon money for DRM'd products, effectively rewarding them for it. You should never do this.
>>
>>51606123
Amazon keeps tabs on shit. If they know a significant number of people buying it are rooting it, they're unlikely to put much effort into making the device unrootable.
>>
>>51605945
Prime is BY FAR the greatest subscription I own (Spotify, Hulu, Netflix, and Prime). The shipping benefits alone are more than worth it so the extra benefits are just bonus IMO.

As for the tablet, I have it with CM12 and rooted with the amazon video app installed. Works fine although CM itself is still a bit unstable
>>
>>51604050
>>51604164
I actually has the same build/design of the blackberry PlayBook, just without the grip back cameras and Os. It pretty good.
>>
come on /g/ someone has to have a kink to an unbranded version of this for 35$ right?

i mean whoever is making these for amazon is probably selling an unbranded version for 35$ someplace minus the fire OS
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.