[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap Micro SD Cards?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 10393077.jpg (101KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10393077.jpg
101KB, 500x500px
Where can I buy them? Any reason not to get ones with large capacity?

pic related is $59 down from $159 at best buy.

Canada btw.
>>
>any reason to not get higher capacities
Do you need the space? If no buy a 10-15 USD one off Amazon.
If for your phone/tablet
>do I have at least 24gb of medias I want to lug around
>is my device rooted allowing for app storage on my sd
If none of these settle for a 32gb (or 64gb for 3Ds flashcarts)
>>
>>51603575
>Where can I buy them?
Dont buy on ebay - a majority are counterfeit. I purchased two samsung 64gb evo on ebay from different sellers and they were both fake with real capacity of 8gb. Sellers gave me my money back.
>>
>>51603646
Want one for my music collection.
Have around 50GB of music and counting.

It'd be nice to have all of it on my phone all the time.
>>
>>51603733
Yeah, im not going to trust anything without enough verified reviews.
>>
>>51603575
the only thing about the higher capacity ones is that a lot of devices don't support them so check out what you're using it for before hand
>>
>>51603733
What program did you use.
>>
>>51603575

Bought a couple 64gb UHS-3 class microsd cards from staples on black friday sales, $25, absolute steal for 90mb/s read speeds
>>
>>51604341
>UHS-3
nigga nothing has the hardware for UHS-3
Even the newest phones and cameras only support UHS-1.
>>
Buy off newegg. 32gb cards are like 10 or so bucks and 64 gb cards are 18 or so. Can't believe in stores you have to pay out the ass for these cards.
>>
>>51604504
Wow, can't believe I didn't consider that.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0DF-00ZT-00001
hows this? looks too good to be true with the original price being so low.
Is this a trustworthy brand?
>>
I bought my 128gb msd card a couple weeks after it came out, I paid 115cad

I'm never going to worry about space. Such a good feeling. For 55, this little shit is a steal, imo. I'd rather have one card rather than a couple smaller ones.

I'm kinda sad the 200gb cards cost as much as I paid for my 128 on black Friday.

Fo
>>
>>51604738

Thats not a deal. Its an OK brand, think PNY/Patriot tier

I saw some Sandisk 128Gb mSDs for 39.99 during Black Friday. In a few months that will pretty much be the going price for 128Gb as 200Gb/256Gb(196 GB?)cards become more common
>>
>>51603884
Not him but you can probably just write to the capacity and see if the files are still there.
>>
$40 is the regular price for those 80mbit 128gb MicroSD

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010Q57S62

though i did see some for $30 on black friday
>>
>>51604738
Well I only used their RAM before but I hear team is up there as a brand. Honestly never heard of them until like 2 years ago. Thought they were some bottom of the barrel brand by how their prices stacked against the others. Anyway, what you should be looking for is read and write speeds. I usually just get the highest speed class 10 micro and call it a day. I don't even record or do any photography so in essence I'm just overspending for more storage on my phone.
>>
>>51605051
oh shit.
thanks a lot dude, even ships to canada

Here I was, thinking $100 was a normal price.
>>
>>51603884

h2testw and another on linux I cant remember the name of. You have to be careful just writing files to test capacity since the fake cards will accept more data than they can store , then it will just be overwritten. You have to fill the card with data then read it all back and verify.
>>
>>51604939
I bought a 64GB for like 18$, I've only used 20GB and that's including my Titanium Backup and Nandroid backups lel.
>>
>>51605051
>>51605232
Yeah they were $39 on black friday, I'm sure the price will drop again the day after christmas.
>>
These microSD prices are dropping so hard I'm wondering how cheap they'll be next year.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.