[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you mongoloids have LAN parties? What games do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: JsuTVBL.jpg (2MB, 3264x2444px) Image search: [Google]
JsuTVBL.jpg
2MB, 3264x2444px
How many of you mongoloids have LAN parties? What games do you play?

Also post pics of your LAN parties
>>
>>51601962
Last time I went to a LAN party, token rings were the dominant link layer technology.
>>
I had one when I was in CompSci, like five years ago. We played WoW and Left 4 Dead

I was the only one drunk so it wasn't very fun
>>
Some buddies and I still get together to LAN every now and again. We mostly play strategy games like Age of Empires 2 HD and Starcraft. Sometimes Dota or a few other team-based games.

I find it funny how LAN parties have become a borderline myth, when in reality it's the perfect opportunity to get together with friends, drink, and play stuff together.
>>
>>51601962
I went to a few LAN parties back in university.

Usually played LoL with some friends, played nethack all alone, or programmed shit.

Pretty much just went for the free pizza.
>>
Warcraft, openarena, etc
>>
>>51601996
Coax twisted pair 10Base2 here.
We did that because would could buy the terminators from Radio Shack.

Most of /g/ probably didn't even know a store named Radio Shack existed.
>>
Friends had a LAN over the holidays. Missed it because I was out of town.

Planning one around Christmas when everyone is in town.

Probably drink our faces off and play shitty CS GO
>>
Last LAN party I went to there was 9 people there, 7 of which were just watching anime or hentai or some shit and the other two I played CS 1.6 with.
>>
I'd love to go to a hackaton of some sort if the people there wouldn't be such hipsters with 2 weeks experience in html and subhumans. at least around here.
>>
>tfw want a qt mitx build to take to lan parties
>>
I got my dick sucked a lot at LAN parties. It would be like 4am and I would find a place to sleep before going home and someone would always come up and suck my dick.
>>
we manxaged to establish a lan party tradition. so every year in december we meet up and play mostly old stuff like aoe2, anno 1404, flatout2, the settlers4, cs1.6 and other hl mods. one year we played nearly the whole campaing of Serious Sam 2 in coop. it was great

sometimes we meet up to play grand strategy stuff like eu4 or ck2, but usually just 2 or 3 guys
>>
>>51602103
We still have a Radio Shack in my home town.
>>
File: CoviaLAN 22.jpg (174KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CoviaLAN 22.jpg
174KB, 1024x768px
A bunch of friends and I used to LAN monthly.
COD, UT99, NFS, AoE II, and so on.
We used to have so much fun.

>TFW we no longer friends now
> dat_feel.jpg

pic related, 1/?
>>
>>51602103
There's a RadioShack right next to my house.
>>
File: MicroLAN 75.jpg (179KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
MicroLAN 75.jpg
179KB, 1024x768px
2/?

Will bump with a few
>>
File: CrappBurger 02.jpg (679KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CrappBurger 02.jpg
679KB, 1600x1200px
3/?
>>
>>51601962

People still do LAN parties?!
>>
File: DepriLAN 07.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DepriLAN 07.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
4/?
>>
I don't have any friends to have a lan party with.
>>
File: PoketLAN04.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
PoketLAN04.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
5/?
>>
>>51602103
that's where I got my smartphone xD
>>
File: AquaLan 2k8 - 29.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
AquaLan 2k8 - 29.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
6/?

shall I continue?
>>
>>51602416
was he cute?
>>
>>51602103
coax and twisted pair are mutually exclusive
>>
>>51602103
My first [spoiler]kiss[/spoiler] was in a Radio Shack
>>
I would go to LAN parties but all my friends are consolefags, not to mention my tower weighs about as much as a neutron star.
>>
>>51601962
I went to one, but the people there didn't seem to know what they were doing
>played on internet servers
>used wifi
> it only lasted 6 hours
>most of the time was spent eating and watching shitty anime

I can't judge though, since I brought a (spooler)macbook(/spooler)
>>
>>51601962
Mostly just Dota
>>
My school hosts one once a semester thats sponsored by Canada Computers. Was always busy the week they ran it except this year. Looked at the event calendar and it was almost all League so I didn't even bother. There were a couple Smash things planned but I hate that game's community.
>>
>>51604166
no homo
>>
>>51604166
sure
>>
>>51604078
>flipping off the camera

did that guy become a huge edgelord?
is that guy you?
>>
i have a gang of underage korean kids playing eve online to mine isk if thats what you mean.
>>
>>51604986
i'm actually the other guy and he is one of my best friends.
Chill, quiet dude.
>>
>>51605441
How many years ago was that?
>>
every saturday evening at my local hackerspace turns into a LAN party

aoeiii
warcraft3
starcraft
L4D
unreal

shits cash yo
>>
>>51606218
or we all just play on the community minecraft server that doesn't happen to often any more
>>
>steal 50 port gigabit switch from uni
>play crappy strategy games and a few shooters for a about 3 days
>put switch back
>no one noticed
Good stuff
>>
File: dreamhack aftermath.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
dreamhack aftermath.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>
playing mostly Battlefield 2 with my bruhs.
>>
>>51601962
I used to do LAN parties when I was in 7th - 10th grade. We'd get together and either play CS 1.6, Age of Empires 2 or Warcraft 3. Happened almost every weekend.

As we graduated from middle school and into high school (not American education system) we kind of just stopped.

After that I've been to one LAN party with my guild in WoW, where we all met up in Denmark. Pretty fun.

I don't see the appeal in major LAN parties though. Especially not if you go alone.
>>
We should have a LAN party
>>
>>51607976
No.
>>
>>51607994
That is the beauty of a LAN party, if you don't want to come don't come.
>>
Last time I had one was about 5 years with Diablo II. That was back when we all still were in touch with this one friend in particular.

Now it's like he dropped off and died, doesn't speak to any of us and we have no clue what's up with him. Biggest thing I don't understand is...
>was getting the GI bill deal from his father to attend university afaik, so free money every month + tuition
>superb skills in math, specifically calc, could have easily done any math oriented degree
>was undecided the entire time he was there which was about 1.5 years
>randomly dropped out to pursue his career in pizza delivery and making like (I'm guessing here) $9-11 an hour managing a pizza store part time

Literally why. This shit has stumped me forever. He could have graduated by now with a degree in something decent, but he's just a pizza store manager instead.
>>
>>51608022
His family probably pushed a lot of expectations of him, especially in the field of math.

The expectations got the best of him, and he caved under the pressure. Deciding to go against the complexity of math studies, he chose a work path that takes a lot less brain power.

He's probably had a really busy childhood. He's exhausted, and just wants a relaxing job.
>>
>>51608060
That's the thing, his parents are just as laid back about things as me. So he probably had absolutely no pressure, especially when you're getting free tuition and money every month for about 2-3 years, what pressure could there be?

My other friends mentioned that they heard he started drinking a shit ton every night but that doesn't seem like him.

>He's exhausted, and just wants a relaxing job.
Funny you mention that, because the things he complains on Facebook the most are that he's always tired or has to work long ass shifts which leaves him little free time.
>>
>>51608022
But if that's what you enjoy...

Just because you're good at mathsy stuff doesn't mean you enjoy it. Not everyone wants to be as 'successful' as they can be.
>>
>>51608081
things as mine are*, fuck
>>
>>51608089
Just saying, giant missed opportunity when you're getting tuition for free and getting an allowance with it too. He could have easily done anything else, but for whatever reason he dropped it.
>>
>>51608081
I'm gonna say right now, I had really overbearing pushy parents and they did an amazing act whenever anyone else was involved. Nobody knew. I kept this shit to myself for a long time as well. What I'm trying to say is you can't really judge what parents are like if everything looks fine (although certainly parents give the game away if they're just assholes from the get-go).
>>
>>51608114
My point was it's not actually an opportunity depending on what you value.
>>
We regularly have LAN parties with some friends, it's fun as fuck. But it's real bullshit that most games don't even support LAN play. Fuck the gaming industry. We stick to classics.
>>
>>51608129
Whatever, still a giant waste.

>>51608115
Dunno, he never complained about it, certainly didn't after highschool was over. Still odd.
>>
>>51608134
I meant to say most modern games*, since LAN support in older games was standard.
>>
I did a few recently. These days it's more just "everyone connect to the internet within the same building." rather than LAN. If your internet is fast enough that it doesn't affect the performance of the game, then who needs LAN anyway.
Then we just got high as balls and far as what we played, I think a bit of counterstrike, don't remember the exact version, one of the "classic" ones as my friend called it. Also left for dead. I wanted to have a go at some old command and conquer type games but we didn't really end up doing it.
>>
>>51601962
>>>/v/
>>
You ask what games we play in /g/?
GET THE FUCK OFF BACK TO /v/ RETARD
>>
File: Iz7RCS0.jpg (82KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
Iz7RCS0.jpg
82KB, 640x472px
obligatory.
>>
High school. Every Wednesday night we would go play aoe2 conquers and medal of honor. Usually 7 of us. Was good times. We would order pizza as well.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015_10_27_15_46_29.png (461KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015_10_27_15_46_29.png
461KB, 540x960px
>>51604640
False. I seriously doubt your computer, a microscopic measurement on this planet weighs more than a class 3 nuetron star that. irreducible dwarfs by comparison.
>>
in eu LAN scene is still really big or atleast in sweden and finland. here in finland i know atleast 5 public lan that are hosted evry year and most of my friends do LAN parties evry weekend and i do too. Most of the time we just play LoL or csgo
>>
>>51607865
Oh... oh my... please no
>>
>>51601962
Torchlight and borderlands are the most recent games i know of with offline lan support. Most the games with lan option dont even support widescreen. Fuck aoe remake with no real lan. Age of mythology remake does have lan tho. Also check'em.
>>
there was a gaming specific lan center that was downtown where i grew up for a couple years
it was pretty popular but i really never played first person shooters so I didn't get involved
i can't even find any mention of it existing anymore on the intewebs, goddamnnit
>>
File: IMG_20151130_202405.jpg (215KB, 1608x619px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151130_202405.jpg
215KB, 1608x619px
>>51601996

I still have the 10base-t hub my friends and I used to play LAN games on. I keep it for sentimental value.
>>
>>51608510

Ahhhh CS1.6, so many good memories!
>>
Just did one at home this weekend.
We played TF2, Serious Sam Second Encounter and drunk Mario Maker.
We were 10, lots of fun.
>>
>>51602047
>when in reality it's the perfect opportunity to get together with friends, drink, and play stuff together.
>Drinking
Whenever we got together for LAN and started to drink, it would always end up with people leaving to hit the town around 10pm. Every single fucking time.
I just wanted to play vidya with my friends ;_;
>>
sorry guys, saying i'm mostly retard on it, but we had put counterstrike on all the pc of laboratory of our departement in university and it works pretty well for lan party. the dream was to made it even for bf3 or 2... is it possible? don't mind the work that has to be done just wanna know if it's possible without a super server
>>
>>51609983

Depending on how big the lab is just use one of the lab PCs as a dedicated server.
>>
it's 20 pcs intel duo 2,2 ghz 3gb ram
probably bf 2 i'ts the only possible
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.