[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

as of right now, i dont have any fans in my PC except of one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (323KB, 1706x697px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
323KB, 1706x697px
as of right now, i dont have any fans in my PC except of one that the case came with. and i just bought an r9 390 so im thinking about buying some fans to help keep the case cooler. but i dont know anything about which ones are good or if it really even matters. ive heard good things about Noctua, but am i really gonna have to spend $60 for a couple of fans?
any recommendations?
>>
>>51600689
1 push 1 pull anything is good enough to be honest.
>>
>>51600816
are there specific push and pull fans or do i just turn any fan around and it turns into either a push or pull?
>>
>>51601944
2 of what's in ur pic prolly good
>>
>>51601983
alright thanks. also, is it one size fits all? or is there a way of finding out?
>>
Why is that fan so expensive?
>>
>>51603644
Because Noctua.
>>
>>51603644
op here.
thats what i was thinking. is there really a difference between these fans and other fans?
>>
>>51603725
Noctuas are some really nice high quality fans. There are other brands that provide similar quality/airflow/noise for less though, Thermalright comes to mind.
>>
>>51603753
so are noctua's really worth it? or is it just brand name im paying for?
>>
>>51603775
It's definitely part brand name, but they are really good fans. Can't go wrong with them if you can afford them.
>>
File: Capture.png (220KB, 1710x515px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
220KB, 1710x515px
>>51603808
or would cheaper be just as good?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (74KB, 763x491px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
74KB, 763x491px
Should I be looking to purchase additional fans?
>>
>>51604143
did you just buy this build?
>>
>>51604171
not yet
>>
>>51604087
Those are sleeve bearing fans, which means they'll wear out a lot faster than the Noctuas or anything with a rifle bearing/ball bearing/fluid dynamic bearing. They'll probably be fairly close in either performance or noise, but probably not both.
>>
>>51604087
If you care about sound and performance, try looking into phanteks fans. They're usually on sale and are my favorite alternative to noctuas. If you plan on buying that 4 pack, make sure your motherboard has a software to control your fans unless you can get speedfan working. You can always buy those noise reducers or whatever they're called. They actually work well and can be Daisy chained for more quieter performance.
On a side note, 2 fans is really all you need. Adding extra fans only decrease the temps by like 3 degrees on the gpu and cpu(if it's a fan cooler)
>>
>>51604253
Forgot to mention, fractal makes nice quiet fans as well. I kept the ones inside my fractal define S and added 4 phanteks to the build.
>>
>>51604280
This guy's got the right idea. Fractal Design, Be Quiet!, Phanteks, Noctua, Thermalright, Noiseblocker, all make some well balanced fans when it comes to noise, performance and durability.
>>
>>51604336
the thing is that there are so many different variations of fans by the same brand and like i said, i dont know anything about fans. and you read reviews and some people say theyre great and some people say theyre noisy
>>
>>51604486
Try to stick to around 1200RPM for a good balance between noise and performance, more speed usually means more performance but also more noise.
I personally think it's better to buy slightly too fast fans for your tastes because that way you can undervolt them and run them at lower speeds for low noise, but if you need to you can turn the speeds up for some extra thermal headroom. And an R9 390 needs its thermal headroom.
>>
>>51604143
FRACTAL
R
A
C
T
A
L
>>
>>51604143

christ dude, spend the extra $50 and get the 6600K and a real motherboard
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.