[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If piracy isn't justified economically, so what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 2015-11-29-19-14-24-1146109416.jpg (4KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-29-19-14-24-1146109416.jpg
4KB, 191x264px
So I don't know why I'm still surprised that people from rich countries pirate software and media.

As a guy from an eastern europe country, I was told all my life that we are still poor because of the immorality and disrespect for the laws, and that we needed to replace these traits for better ones like these from western EU, US and Japan.

Even in the school we were told that rich countries are rich thanks to the respect for Intelectual Property that gives incentive to the people.

But when I earned some money and traveled I don't understood why would the americans, canadians, english and swedish pirate all that shit if to them the products are cheaper than there on my country.

So what's your motivation?
>>
>>51599461
I pirated shit throughout school but now that i work i dont anymore.

Pirated games also gave me some nasty viruses.
>>
>>51599562

People underestimate russian trojans in recently pirated games. "False positive" they scream, but they don't really have base those claims on anything but word of mouth. If it just so happened not to be a false positive, they wouldn't know better.

"I didn't notice anything wrong" they insist, unaware that they're part of 5 different botnets.
>>
Humans have a RIGHT to copy share. Not steal, not, horde, but copy and share.

Simple. America and Canada are great because of the personal freedom to do such things. A VPN enables a lot of these freedoms.
>>
>rich countries are rich thanks to the respect for Intelectual Property that gives incentive to the people.
Lolwhat.
>>
>>51599461
They pirate because they can and it is very easy. That is about as simple an explanation you'll get.

You also are making the assumption that everyone in rich countries are well off. USA is full of people that work a full time job that pays so little that they cant even live on their own and also full of people that have degrees in fields that arent hiring or have a well paying job that is offset by crippling student loan debts. Most people are only one emergency away from declaring bankruptcy here.
>>
>>51599604
American and Canada are christian nations.

They were funded under it's moral lessons if I can remember.
>>
Piracy exists because people want free shit. That's it.

So long as pirates try not to "justify" them getting free shit, I'm alright. If one just accepts they're being dicks for taking things freely, that's all that's needed.
>>
"Why buy something if I can get it for free?"
>>
>>51600602
>dicks
Morality, maybe?
Or fear of the law... Who knows?
>>
>>51599641

this.
>>
>>51599642

troof.
>>
>>51600638
If you get fined for pirating you deserve to get fined.

Don't be stupid. If you could steal anything without ever getting caught, would you? If you said no, then you're a pussy.
>>
>>51599461
>Even in the school we were told that rich countries are rich thanks to the respect for Intelectual Property that gives incentive to the people
and nobody ever questioned this? how retarded are you third world europeans?
>>
>>51599461

>people from rich countries pirate

Logical fallacy. Not everyone from a 1st world country is rich. In fact the majority are living at or below poverty level, at least in the USA this is true.
>>
>>51600638

>dicks
Being a dick anonymously is tremendously easy, and in this case it's also beneficial.

>fear of the law
As a pirate, you're just a drop in the ocean. The changes of you getting in trouble, even a little bit, are negligible.
>>
>>51599677

I wish that was the current state of the U.S.A. but it isn't.
>>
>>51600761
Where does he say everyone is rich in a 1st world country you fucktard. Go suck a dick you stupid fuck. Fuck you
>>
>>51600761
The standard of poverty in the U.S. is quite high compared to poverty in the developing world. I wouldn't call anyone that can afford Internet and cell service on top of utilities actually poor.
>>
>>51599702
>Piracy exists because people want free shit. That's it.
Yep.
>So long as pirates try not to "justify" them getting free shit, I'm alright.
Like this guy >>51599604
>>
M'poorfag from the anus of western Europe. Literally excrement.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.