[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VVS - Vertical Video Syndrome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: sd.jpg (66KB, 500x564px) Image search: [Google]
sd.jpg
66KB, 500x564px
Just a reminder that if you shoot vertical video on your phone, you are an idiot.

...and statistically likely an iPhone user and born in the 1990's

Please defend your decision to take vertical video on your phone. Don't use the argument "because I want to play all the video back on the phone exclusively!" because that is bullshit; the video ends up on TV and they have to letterbox it.

The only time this is acceptable is for "tall video" shots such as fireworks and other things that would be uncapturable horizontally.

If you are like "Hgnnn, it's too hard to hold my phone sideways because I'm a faggot and my arms are tiny like a T-Rex" then download this app: https://horizon.camera/

Old, but still applicable, PSA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfinwFA
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 620x465px
>>51595936

Because "vertical video" looks fine when watching it on a phone, like most people do.
>>
reminder that if you hold up a phone in a mosh pit you are a fucking degenerae sperg for a 3-view youtube video
>>
Because I don't upload my personal videos to YouTube. I show them off on my phone or tablet in person.
>>
>>51595969
I literally wrote that in the OP. Learn to fucking read you twat. As soon as you capture /r9k/ shooting up a school you will email your video to the national news who will play your shitty vertical video all over the TV.

Same for you >>51596241

If you are watching video on the phone, then turn it sideways. I swear to god you guys are as stupid as those /lgbt/ fucks who want to cut their dicks off.
>>
>>51596725
But I don't do that.
>>
File: CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg (22KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg
22KB, 575x323px
>>51595936
>Don't use the argument "because I want to play all the video back on the phone exclusively!" because that is bullshit; the video ends up on TV and they have to letterbox it.
>>
>>51596846

>You are recording your hypothetical girlfriend doing something stupid in public
>You hear a sound
>You pan up just as you see a Boeing 777 smash into a building near you
>Massive explosion
>You run for cover
>You film burning bodies falling from the explosion
>People jumping to their deaths from the burning building
>Entire top of the building falls off into the street and crushes three schoolbus loads of children

Well guess what, your video is now part of a federal investigation and is being played in a loop on all the major news outlets across the country. It's all over Youtube, and people are slowing down the footage and making conspiracy theories about the video.

...and it's all vertical and fucking shit because you are too fucking stupid to rotate your phone like a decent human being.
>>
>>51596950
https://youtu.be/SmsRN78qMxM
>>
>>51596950
>this ridiculous edge-case situation completely invalidates vertical video
Stop watching television if it triggers your autism.
>>
>>51596989
>>51597062

How does it feel to be born in the 1990's and utterly worthless? Did you get your selfie-sticks yet? You can take some real neat-o vertical photographs. Oh oh, then put a rainbow or french flag overlayed on it and upload to your Facetubebook.
>>
>>51597094
Seriously, you seem upset. Turn off the TV for a while and take some deep breaths, maybe drink some water.

Meanwhile, I'll be using my phone in a comfortable and natural orientation.
>>
>>51597094
https://youtu.be/D04wb7P_v-4
>>
>>51597094
not them but i was born in 1990 and take offense to being lumped in with that shit
>>
>tfw /g/ is 90% high school kids

Feels SO bad, man
>>
I shoot videos the way I fucking want you twat, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>51595936

Several problems cause this:

1) The phone is naturally vertically oriented.

2) Rotating the camera sensor would fix this for 90% of applications, but now it will be severely letterboxed on the screen. This upsets people.

3) People don't necessarily understand the value of a wide screen. They care more about having the full real-estate of the screen filled. I learned this back in the day when my retard roommate said he actually prefers pan and scan because he wanted to enjoy the full glory of his 36" CRT television (this was the late 90s or early 00s).

4) People equate zoom factor with quality. If you rotate the CCD and letterbox the visual, they feel like it's "zoomed out" and they don't like it. I had an older Canon point-and-shoot digital that bragged about something like 5x zoom. Meanwhile, it's widest was about 50mm equivalent. It made it *impossible* to take photos of, say, my friend's birthday at a restaurant. You could not step back far enough to get everyone in. Yeah, fisheye is generally unappealing, but wide angle (say, 24mm - 35mm at the narrowest) is *excellent* for most laymen photography.

5) The button layout isn't conducive to landscape. With a proper camera, you have the shutter button on the top. With a modern phone, you have to hit a shutter button on the screen with your thumb. This is virtually impossible to do without using both hands.
>>
>>51598828
This
>>
I like how the Google camera app tells you to rotate your phone
>>
Most people watch videos on their phone vertically. Its only a problem for NEETS who are on their computer all day
>>
>>51596950
>>You film burning bodies falling from the explosion
>>People jumping to their deaths from the burning building
>>Entire top of the building falls off into the street and crushes three schoolbus loads of children
These three cases would all fit into
>The only time this is acceptable is for "tall video" shots such as fireworks and other things that would be uncapturable horizontally.
So I guess vertical video has been completely validated.
>>
File: 2576834.jpg (37KB, 500x157px) Image search: [Google]
2576834.jpg
37KB, 500x157px
Autism aside, why can't they just change software so that photos and video are always shot in landscape mode, no matter how you hold your phone?
Seeing as camera's are round, I don't see why this can't be done.
>>
>>51601850
>Seeing as camera's are round, I don't see why this can't be done.
Camera sensors aren't round though.

Mind you if they are square then they could literally do this without issue, the problem is that it looks fucking stupid on screen.
>>
>>51597094
>How does it feel to be born in the 1990's and utterly worthless?
So you weren't born in the 90's and thus are under the age of 18? MODS!!!!
>>
>"Grrr I'll film however I want u idiot!!!!!"
You can also eat shit it you want, but it's still fucking retarded and disgusting.
>>
>>51595969
when you post it on youtube, it gets letterboxed, then when you view it on a phone vertically it gets letterboxed again, so you have a super tiny video in the middle of your screen
>>
Just a quickly reminder that:
>we do what the fuck we want
>you don't need two hands to rec vertical video and maybe there are live situations where you need a free hand to get out of trouble if needed
>vertical video is better than no video at all
>you are a little conceited shit
>>
File: widescreen.jpg (35KB, 313x640px) Image search: [Google]
widescreen.jpg
35KB, 313x640px
>>51601051
yes
>>
>>51601051

Really? Then my deep-rooted fear that everyone around me is a retard who needs shot with an assault rifle is 100% accurate.

>>51602159

You don't need two hands for horizontal video. ARE YOU THIS FUCKING STUPID?

Jesus Christ /g/ you guys are seriously a bunch of plebs. Are you a bunch of faggots who built one PC by themselves and now consider themselves some sort of tech genius? I bet like only 10% of /g/ users actually work in development or enterprise-level IT support and the rest are circlejerking their $30k USD a year salary doing IT for ma' and pa' burgers in a back alley.
>>
>>51595936
why is it always ifags who do this?
>>
>>51603147
>subject of video is taller than they are wide
>I should reduce the detail of the subject of my video and record some irrelevant shit off to the sides instead
Dumbass.
>>
>>51603220

>HEY EVERYBODY! COME LOOK AT THIS COOL VIDEO ON MY PHONE!!

>MAKE A LINE TO VIEW IT BECAUSE WE CAN'T USE THE TV SINCE IT LOOKS BETTER ON THIS PHONE LOL!
>>
>>51603417
>not just rotating your TV
>>
>>51603417
>owning a TV
>>
>>51603417
>this video was recorded at an aspect ratio
>welp, can't ever use a device at a different aspect ratio to view it
You know you're not actually losing information when the subject is vertically oriented, right?
>>
File: 4H053Jr.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
4H053Jr.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>51604148
>>
>>51604318
I don't care about the random bullshit surrounding my subject. If it's more natural to frame my subject vertically, I'm going to frame them vertically, because I'm not interested in anything but my subject.

I'd rather have the actually interesting part of my video viewable at higher quality, instead of adding some bullshit trees or whatever the fuck is going on in its periphery. Nobody should care about seeing black bars instead of completely unrelated garbage.
>>
>>51602114
top kek
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.