[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

/mpv/ - should madvr be open source for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 32

File: mpv_512x512.png (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mpv_512x512.png
24KB, 512x512px
> madshi overreacts about mpv and open source
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223175&page=153
>>
>>51591654
Mpndn (however it is spelt) is better than MadVR and is open sores anyway
>>
File: froglmao.png (58KB, 229x221px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
froglmao.png
58KB, 229x221px
>>51591654
>freetards think they are entitled to source code
>>
btw madshi is mad because the mpv dev got picked up by plex and is now making 6 figures
>>
>>51591669
No mpdn is closed source but has open source extensions...
>>
>>51591695
Well, he states he isnt, though.
To be honest, I'm with madshi on this one. He's been at it for 10 years, and he's made tremendous contributions.
>>
Based madshi hates open sores.
>>
>>51591699
Plus, mpdn gets ripped regularly on doom9 by more seasoned devs.
>>
>>51591707
His bitterness says otherwise
Based Hasan is with mpv and continually innovates unlike madshi
>>
I am a little bit sad about it, they sincerely should work together.
Anyway netflix, youtube, hollywood and itunes will kill them sooner than you think.
>>
>>51591654
>calling it overreacting when he's actually polite and reasonable.
>>
>>51591739
but then it couldn't be shitty freetard circlejerk
>>
>>51591737
what do you mean by "kill"?
>>
>>51591707
10 years of failing to commercialise a product
How does he even know they "copied" his algorithms (closed source) that are based on math functions
>>
Delicious tears.

mpv is superior in every way vs. MPC-HC + madVR, and there's a lot of users who realize it now. He's mad and jelly about that you can tell, regardless of what he says.

>>51591683
>proprietary-fags think people are "stealing their ideas" when they implement a generic feature in their own software
>>
>>51591778
>mpv is superior in every way
lol
>editing config manually
>no UI
k lintard
>>
Argh it happened... madshi is getting mad... my computer is on fire...
Hope madshi will kick the mpv's developers asses with awesome algorithms.
Can't wait form the next releases.
Mmm... dsplayer is not maintained anymore... That's shit.
>>
>>51591766
>10 years of failing to commercialise a product

He's a professional programmer who "commercialised" other software.
He never intended to sell madvr ((he says so at least)
>>
>>51591810
Not anymore...
>>
>>51591810
? He has made posts on his willingness to commercialise it
>>
>>51591787

Windows fag here.

The only GUI it really needs is a playlist view, and you can get that with some scripts.

for Windows:
>Vsync without having to force it though nvidia control panel
>include autoload-playlist script by default
>include minimal playlist GUI

I only want the playlist GUI because I'll be binging a show and I'll have forgotten exactly which episode I'm on.

Otherwise MPV is pretty great, the only configuration GUI it should use is perhaps one bundled with the installer.
>>
>>51591778
I always read these claims about mpv, there are threads about mpv config files etc, yet no one has yet made a reasonable argument as to why exactly mpv is supposed to be so much better.
This is an honest question.
>>
>>51591787
>editing config manually

You do that with MPC-HC + madVR too, the difference is that with mpv the very standard practice of putting configuration options in a plaintext file is far superior, easier, cleaner, and easier to maintain for a user.

Configuring MPC-HC and related crap is basically a nightmare, everything is non standard mismatched crap that has to be done in it's own unique way.
>>
someone please open up an issue on the mpv GitHub that madshi claims they have stolen his algorithms. Include the OP link, where he stated it
>>
>>51591852
>Configuring MPC-HC and related crap is basically a nightmare
hahahaha
as opposed to typing man mpv and looking through garbage linshit tl;dr
>>
>>51591841
>the installer.

What?

>>51591787
It does have a UI.

It even has a graphical user interface.
>>
>>51591852
>Configuring MPC-HC and related crap is basically a nightmare

Hm, I've never had a problem with it, but I guess I really have to look into mpv now.
>>
>>51591862
>as opposed to typing man mpv and looking through garbage linshit tl;dr

It's not my fault your an idiot.

That's an extremely standard way to configure a program. manpage or --help output, and options in a plaintext file.
>>
>>51591883
Inb4 called out on my typo.
>>
>>51591883
yeah 90s standard :^)
>>
>>51591737
All 4 of those have shit quality compared to mpv and torrents.
>>
is there any legit reason to use mpv over bomi except muh autism?
>>
>madvr
retarded placebo meme
>>
Stream torrents from a magnet link in clipboard through mpv.
peerflix -ak $(xclip -o)
>>
>>51591860
The mpv devs know about those forum posts, they've been laughing about it in IRC.
>>
>>51591956
Hopefully you have logs
>>
>>51591952
mah nigga
>>
>>51591862
>want to copy GUI software configs from someone
>just follow the clicks poorly described in a blog post or from a youtube video with dank ass music

>want to copy plain text config from someone
>just grab from the guy's repo/gist/pastebin, edit to your liking, version control it, etc...

plain text config is superior if you are not a pleb.
>>
>>51591841
>>Vsync without having to force it though nvidia control panel
Don't do this. Add dwmflush=windowed to your vo= line instead. VSync will be fixed in the next release.

>>include autoload-playlist script by default
But some people don't want it. I know I don't.
>>
>>51591983
>copying configs from autists on internet
no thanks
>>
>>51591914
Actually, they don't.
The torrent groups don't give a shit about file sizes, so they just go -crf 16 and roll with it.
Streaming providers like Netflix can't do that, obviously, so they really have to meticulously encode their vids to make them transparent nonetheless.
You should look up some presentations on yt by the head of the encoding division at Neflix. (forgot his name)
>>
>>51591998
you don't have to mindlessly copy it you know.
>>
>>51591695
Which mpv dev?
>>
>>51592018
Wm4
>>
>>51592012
I can also configure MPC-HC on my own since I am not blind and can read the description of what each option does ;)
LAV in particular has gr8 descs.
>>
>>51592027
And we can configure mpv, get over it.
>>
>>51592009
>The torrent groups don't give a shit about file sizes, so they just go -crf 16 and roll with it.

Explain what is wrong with this?
>>
>>51592040
By coping each line manually kek
>>
>>51591972
<rcombs> "your software is worse than mine, but I won't tell you why because then you'd make it better"
<torque> lol cool behavior and mindset


<wm4> wow I didn't know he felt this way
<wm4> fuck thisb guy then
<wm4> I wonder what exactly we "stole"
<wm4> (didn't we ask himself several times for help? I never heard a complaint either)
>>
>>51592018
wm4
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/new-products/new-plex-media-player-leaves-xbmc-behind.html
>>
>>51592051
Kek
>>
>>51592045
Nothing in particular, except there's not really a point in encoding video at all if you release 12 GB files with a remux size of 16 GB or so.
>>
>>51592051
><rcombs> "your software is worse than mine, but I won't tell you why because then you'd make it better"
>implying there is anything wrong with that
>>
>>51592087
It's the FOSS mindset, though.
>>
>>51592101
The open sores zealot mindset you mean.
>>
>>51592048
Some people prefer typing than clicking through GUI configs.
>>
>>51592087
The problem is that madshi won't prove it (because he is wrong) and is making an excuse for not proving his statement
>>
>>51592087
mpv devs are out to improve the state of media players in general. Anyone can look at mpv's algorithms and implement them in their own media players. The devs can openly explain how they work and openly disclose their capabilities, including strengths and weaknesses compared to other implementations.

madshi is just out to get his ego stroked. He's not even smart enough to monetize his renderer. His behaviour is bizarre and user-hostile.
>>
>>51592178
sounds like hippie trash to me
>>
Does mpv support mkv cropping yet?
>>
>>51592178
>He's not even smart enough to monetize his renderer

You make it sound like monetization is the ultimate goal. AFAIK, mpv hasn't been "monetized" either.
>>
>>51592216
Ha, oh wait, no, wm4 has been bought by Plex, I forgot :)
>>
Is mpv supposed to work with wayland and gnome 3.18? I only get a 2 inch window on the top left that is unmoveable and can't get maximised.
>>
>>51592083
You were complaining about lack of quality but then you're complaining about filesizes too large?

-crf 8-20 -preset veryslow


Is all a bluray movie needs. What are these other people doing that's so much better other than hitting it with unnecessary filters?
>>
>>51592216
I guess what I'm saying is that madshi has no reason to keep his secret sauce secret other than his ego. I was also taking a jab at madshi because wm4 got hired because of mpv and (as far as I know) madshi has gotten shit all money-wise for madVR.
>>
>>51592207
If you mean cropping video inside an mkv container, It always has.
>>
>>51592241
I wasn't complaining about lack quality, that was the guy I replied to! :)
>>
>>51592237
It's supposed to but wayland support is no where near stable/reliable.
>>
>>51592009
>netflix
>transparent
Good one. They are trying hard and are doing a good job but their encodes sometimes suffer from blocking and banding.
>>
>>51592279
Shit, xv doesn't work here and I really don't want to go back to slow ass x11 window management. Guess i have to endure totem for a while.
>>
>>51592260
What option do I need to use? It doesn't do it by default, and the man-page says nothing.
>>
I compiled the new mpv from git and enabled the

display sinc = resample

or how it was.

anyway videos look smoother but if i debug with check-pattern 1=1 it says I have tons of dropped frames.

is it because display sinc breaks the check-pattern1=1 or is my gpu too weak?
Should I even care if it looks better to me?

thanks
>>
>>51591847
Mpv is better for the power-user mainly thanks to its super detailed configuration options and scripting capabilities.
>>
>>51592289
I have never experienced any of the artefacts you mentioned. Are you sure that wasn't a bandwidth issue?
Because the people at Netflix scan each encode frame by frame and don't allow a single bad frame.
See this video for details on their workflow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQrsz3BrfwU
>>
>>51592314
You can try
vo=wayland


Maybe you have to manually specify
vo=opengl:backend=wayland


Or maybe you just have to wait a year or so and hope it gets better.
>>
>>51592200
You'll come around when the free version of madVR gets abandoned for a paid version and you have to start looking for an alternative. Open source benefits everyone. Now that mpv supports GPU-accelerated Jinc scaling, everyone can use it. If mpv ever dies, someone else can make the next media player using mpv as a base rather than starting from scratch. madVR benefits madshi and madshi alone. madVR dies at madshi's whim, after that, you're back to square one.
>>
>>51592321
--vf=crop=1440:1080


If you have a 1920x1080 video that's actually 4:3 video with hardcoded black bars in the side, this would crop it properly.
>>
>>51592314
Use xwayland and --vo=opengl:backend=x11
>>
>>51592369
I'n not poor hobo like freetards
>>
>>51592354
Yes I used
vo=wayland
before and that's the one with the little unmoveable window.
vo=opengl:wayland
just spews
after rendering:OpenGL error INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERTATION.


>>51592386
Thanks, that makes it usable at last.
>>
>>51592387
I think you're missing the point. What if madshi just loses interest? It's happened before with single-developer freeware. madVR's bus factor is 1. After that, all his improvements to video rendering are gone because they have been kept secret. The next Direct3D/DirectShow-based video renderer will have to be written from scratch. His only reason for keeping them secret is his ego, and that's disgusting.

On the other hand, if all mpv's developers happen to simultaneously lose interest, mpv's improvements to the state of video rendering will not be gone. As open source developers and non-egomaniac non-faggots, the mpv devs have shared their discoveries about video rendering.
>>
>>51592384
I meant auto-cropping from the matroska parameters. VLC can do it.
|+ Segment tracks
| + A track
| + Track number: 1 (track ID for mkvmerge & mkvextract: 0)
| + Track UID: 12110043261993466914
| + Track type: video
| + Lacing flag: 0
| + MinCache: 1
| + Codec ID: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
| + CodecPrivate, length 69 (h.264 profile: High @L4.1)
| + Default duration: 41.708ms (23.976 frames/fields per second for a video track)
| + Video track
| + Pixel width: 1920
| + Pixel height: 1080
| + Display width: 1920
| + Display height: 1080
| + Pixel crop top: 140
| + Pixel crop bottom: 140
>>
>>51592478
His reason is not to let freetards steal his code which is okay in my book.
>>
>>51592499
Ok f.am, but like I said, you'll come around when madVR dies. He doesn't let anyone "steal" his code, so it will die when he loses interest.

Personally, I don't like relying on software like that.
>>
File: 1448500302480.jpg (127KB, 734x810px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448500302480.jpg
127KB, 734x810px
>>51591654
>i don't want to help open source
>but i want open source to help me
>>
>>51592525
I'm pretty sure he'll release the source code if he would ever stop with madVR
>>
>>51592581
I dunno man, if he did that the freetards will steal it. He pretty much said in those posts that he only cares about himself. I don't see how releasing his source code will benefit him.
>>
What's best mpv scaler? ewa_lanczossharp?
>>
>>51592581
>I'm pretty sure he'll...
keep telling yourself that.

>having to blindly trust one person with the future of an entire software project.
>>
Heh, is he MAD that his plans for commercializing madvr flopped? He invented smoothmotion I would give him that but he implemented upscaling techniques from Imagemagick and incorporated open source shaders giving little credit himself.
>>
Christ, what a cunt.
>>
>>51591883
Why is he an idiot? Because he doesn't want to waste time going through 20+ pages of arguments and their explanations and instructions just to make the player behave sanely, when other players have GUIs thsy can make the job 10x easier snd faster? Get the fuck off of your high horse holy shit
>>
>>51593205
> Because he doesn't want to waste time going through 20+ pages of arguments and their explanations and instructions just to make
Instead they watch 30 min video guides made by 13 year old boys on youtube to learn how the configure the options on the GUI.
>>
>>51592677
There is no single best shader. Experiment with various options. Sigmoidized upscaling works well for anime.

I prefer regular ewa_lanczos +antiringing + lumasharp post shader to ewa_lanczossharp.

If you have weak GPU then mitchell cscale is virtually indistinguishable from lanczos for big GPU power saving.
>>
>>51593205
> Because he doesn't want to waste time going through 20+ pages of arguments and their explanations and instructions

The primary reason I called him an idiot was because he didn't understand how to use manpages, comments like this indicate you don't know how to use manpages.

>just to make the player behave sanely

mpv has very sane defaults and works well with no configuration at all.

> when other players have GUIs thsy can make the job 10x easier snd faster?

To me configuring MPC-HC and related stuff is 10x harder and slower.
>>
>>51593361
>To me configuring MPC-HC and related stuff is 10x harder and slower.
Just posting this classic: https://files.nyaa.eu/HOW_DID_I_PLAYED_BACK.txt
>>
>>51593395
mpv has a 167 page documentation. Just sayin.
>>
Madshi did all the work. The retard "wm4" stole most of it and presented it in open source code to make it look ok.

p.s no where in that thread indicates that Madshi is mad. He's just saying he will never help them because they didn't give him credit.
>>
>>51593501
>madshi is Cornelius Lanczos
wow
>>
>>51593473
And if you're smart you would know that you don't have to actually read all of it, you can find just the parts you need.
>>
>>51593555
Press / to search manpages (like control-f in browsers).
>>
>>51593473
>mpv has a 167 page documentation. Just sayin.

my motherboard manual is 100 pages.

Doesn't mean you need to read all of them to boot
>>
>>51593555
Which is exactly what I did.
All I'm saying is the mpc-hc setup you mocked is really not that hard either.
>>
>>51593278
Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.

>>51593361
> mpv has very sane defaults and works well with no configuration at all.
> 9, 0 :: vol down, up
> sane

> > when other players have GUIs thsy can make the job 10x easier snd faster?
When I used mpc-hc

> To me configuring MPC-HC and related stuff is 10x harder and slower.
> To me
Glad you cleared that up for everyone chucklefuck
>>
>>51593679
>> 9, 0 :: vol down, up
>> sane

you can ctrl+scrollwheel, you ignoramus
>>
>>51593395
Oh wow, a guide literally no one uses. People download the installer, run the installer and watch their favorite animus with zero complaints.
>>
>>51593679
>Glad you cleared that up for everyone chucklefuck

You do realize that your criticism of how "hard" mpv configuration is the same right? You just left out the words.
>>
>>51593694
> damage control
>>
>>51593723
>People download the installer, run the installer and watch their favorite animus with zero complaints

I think quite a few animu watchers will start to tinker with their video player sooner or later and obsess about details, which is fine by me, because video processing can be quite interesting.
>>
>>51593679
GUIs are not documentation lad. Deceive yourself all you want. mpv has several GUIs, not that you would read about them because reading is for fagets
>>
>>51593723
Vanilla MPC-HC is pretty bad.

They could use CCCP and get that experience, but default CCCP is not going to give you high quality rendering.

If "plebs use inferior things because of conscience" is your argument, then that's fine.
>>
>>51593867
convenience*
>>
>>51593761
You can pretend there is subjectivity all you want but just taking one look at the mpv subreddit on /g/ you can see it's full of people adding to and fine tuning their autistic .conf files in order to make the UX slightly less shitty. If I'm unhappy with how mpc behaves I simply click on a checkbox.

>>51593843
> GUIs are not documentation lad.
The fuck are you even trying to say

> Deceive yourself all you want. mpv has several GUIs, not that you would read about them because reading is for fagets
I'm aware of themand I've tried the ones available for my system and guess what? They're all shittier than the lua UI.
>>
>>51594032
>mpv subreddit on /g/ you can see it's full of people adding to and fine tuning their autistic .conf files in order to make the UX slightly less shitty

Usually those kind of people disable the OSC, and their configuration has nothing to with altering the user interface of mpv.
>>
>>51593867
> muh placebo
> muh need to feel superior from whatever application I use to watch my Indonesian flip book porn
I rest my point.

>>51594063
el oh el


UX != UI, you know that, right?
>>
What is the best config for nvidia mid end graphic card? Pls i don't found nothing on google
>>
>>51594032
>The fuck are you even trying to say
Here is a GUI, good luck.

> They're all shittier than the lua UI.
You don't give a shit about GUI and options then, only if looks good or not.
>>
>closed source fag gets butt blasted when open sores competes with his product and does a better job
mega kek
>>
>madshi crosses the road
>a truck makes a tomato sauce of him
>goodbye madvr

proprietary software, not even once
>>
>>51593361
no what I was trying to imply is that man pages are garbage so nice projecting neckbeard ;)
>>
>>51594205
vo=opengl-hq:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:cscale=ewa_lanczossharp:deband=no
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll


That's it, by just putting that in a plaintext you have the highest quality rendering/upscaling.
>>
>memevr dev buttblasted because plex picked mpv as their player of choice.
>memevr dev buttblasted because opensores model of development makes software superior to his own closed piece of trash.

lmao
>>
>>51594205
vo=opengl-hq:dwmflush=windowed
framedrop=no
hwdec=no


Works flawlessly on a 7770, which is low-end.
>>
>>51594326
>
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll

what does it do
>>
>>51594388
>Try harder to show embedded soft subtitles when seeking somewhere
Basically.
>>
>>51594388
Run
man mpv
in your terminal, hit "/" to begin a search through the manpage, type in "demuxer-mkv".
>>
>>51592331
What I don't like is how mpvfa/g/s keep recommending mpv on some clueless idiots that barely know shit about computer.
>>
>>51594326
Thanks, works very well.
>>
>>51594491
If they stick with basic software they will remain clueless idiots forever.
>>
>>51594491
They can fuck off back to /v/ if they don't want to learn shit
>>
>>51594491
May I remind you we're in /g/
>>
>>51594491
Why are these people on /g/ then?

Or at least why are they against learning about technology if they're on /g/? This entire board is filled with anti-technology sentiment, stuff like "haha neckbeard faggots reading manpages", or ">using linux". Why would these people go to a technology forum if they hate technology?
>>
>>51594545
Damn, the stench of chetto dust is getting stronger.
>>
>>51594599
>Why are these people on /g/ then?
which graphics card i buy fur muh gaymen
>>
>Recently mpv has started copying a lot of ideas from madVR, including some algorithms I invented myself
So much ego.
>>
>>51594599

>Why would these people go to a technology forum if they hate technology?

I wonder the same thing about /tv/
>>
>>51594619
Off topic questions, as I don't browse /v/: are those kind of discussions not allowed there? It's pretty much on the same tier of "which console is best".
>>
>>51594355
Caution, framedrop=vo is useful for live streaming (unless you want gradual desync of the video from the live audio)
>>
>>51592481
What's the use case of this?
>>
>>51594896
Yeah, but as streaming is the minority, I just add the flag directly to the command line when I need to.
>>
>>51592840
>He invented smoothmotion
Can you provide proof?
>he implemented upscaling techniques from Imagemagick
Uh, what? Those techniques were developed long time ago by various mathematicians.
>>
>>51594968
No the great Madshi invented them. How dare you question his capabilities and genius intellect.
>>
Every time I see a thread like this I laugh at the anime faggots that watch so much media on their computer (rather than on their large television in the living room) that they have actual opinions on PC media players. Time to move out of your Mom's basement, fatkids.
>>
>>51594649
Which algorithms is he referring to?
>>
>>51595122

Time to leave /g/, normie.
>>
>>51595122
>not having an HTPC using mpv hooked up to your OLED TV
Stay pleb.
>>
>>51595131
The only thing Madshi can take credit for is smoothmotion maybe. Everything else (lanczos, spline, jinc, nnedi, etc.) was invented by other people.
>>
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/52af1f72e2c77e865001852cc1043d8037b8ba7a

>TFW mpv cannot hw-decode 10 bit HEVC with a gtx 960

Where is your god now?
>>
>>51595162
>Windows
LOL
>>
>>51595162
Can anything actually hardware decode 10-bit HEVC?
>>
>>51595149
Guess what anon? That's exactly what I'm running thanks to Plex. I'm living the dream while you can only share the single, sad goal that you hope to achieve while working at the Verizon kiosk at the mall.
>>
>>51592115
nice ad hominem dude
>>
>>51594545
>If they stick with basic software they will remain clueless idiots forever.

Consider the following: These "clueless idiots" arent fat autistic pedos lusting after anime girls and actually just want to watch their shit rather than spend 5 hours reading the mpv manual to rice the video as much as possible in case you see a little chink girls nipple.
>>
File: auto-crop.png (1MB, 1024x1595px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
auto-crop.png
1MB, 1024x1595px
>>51594901
it helps with subtitle placement, mostly
>>
>>51595235
You are on 4chan if you have forgotten.
>>
>>51595263
MPV (libavfilter actually) has an autocrop filter that detects black bars.
>>
>>51595181
Gtx960 and 950 only, for now.
>>
>>51595333
I didn't even know hardware decoding was supported at all for 10 bit HEVC. Interesting.
>>
>>51595333
>>51595350
my nvidia tegra X1 can as well.
>>
File: 10bithevc.jpg (254KB, 1631x1007px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
10bithevc.jpg
254KB, 1631x1007px
>>51595181
Yes, lav video decoder has hwaccel for 10bit HEVC. See pic.
>>
>>51595173
>LOL

What are you doing in a thread about mpc-hc then? Pls leave.
>>
>>51595294
I shouldn't have to use a lua script, when the parameters are already in the file. It's part of the matroska spec. It's ridiculous that VLC can do this, but mpv cannot.
>>
>>51595421
>retard can't read thread subject
>>
>>51595459
And you obviously didn't read the tread.
>>
>>51595139
Actually, I think it's time for YOU to leave /g/. You and your ilk only use technology to weeb out your fucking desktops, watch anime, and mindlessly consume. You are the cancer that is ruining this fucking board.
>>
>>51594491
I didn't know much about video either when I started using mpv but just reading the manual and reading mpv threads teached me a lot.
As >>51594599 said, if you're on /g/ but unwilling to learn then you should get the fuck out. You'll never be welcome here.
>>
>>51594612
>>51595235
Calling names makes it look like you lose the argument imho
>>
>>51595489
Failed derail attempt
>>
>>51595131
I honestly would like to know it too.

Upscaling filters - he invented the big amount of zero of them. They're all academic products, and most of them were first and foremost implemented in avisynth plugins or imagemagick. He may be the first to have implemented jinc-filters in a real time player, but that's all, I don't think it's enough to be acknowledge in every other video player from now on.

NNEDI and super-xbr - Same as before. And the author of the ported shaders are acknowledged in the source.

Smoothmotion - this is the only thig I can reasonably think of. Yet the interpolation we have now is quite different from MadVR's (now the default tscale is mitchell, even), and when it was first implemented as smoothmotion it did mentioned MadVR (https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/c29ab5a46b2676d013e4294ee719d83f6bc469b6)

(cont.)
>>
>>51595573
And if I have to add, contrarily to what he says, the only one from mpv that ever came "spreading the word" of this player was haasn, and to back up his words he always presented what madshi is failing to: facts.

He says he's not bitter, but his words reek of revisionism, partiality and butthurt.
>>
File: 1421189537518.png (877KB, 900x1346px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421189537518.png
877KB, 900x1346px
>>51595161
It's funny because mpv's implementation of smoothmotion is much better and can be configured to use different scaling algorithms for fine-tuning while madVR's implementation is just an obscure checkbox.

Anyway
>the current year
>still using smoothmotion
>not watching your videos on a TV that supports all of the common refresh rates
>not using xrandr.lua to switch refresh rates automatically
Fucking plebs.
>>
>>51595443
Submit a pull request to fix it or open an issue instead of bitching about it.
>>
>>51595792
>working for free
lmao
>>
>>51595573
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_interpolation
There's a link there to an article from 2005. When was this feature introduced in MADVR?
>>
>>51594326
Why should I disable debanding?
>>
>>51596173
>Why should I disable debanding?
pretty sure it's not built-in
>>
>>51596232
i think the -hq preset has deband on by default now
>>
>>51596245
sorry meant "now*"

yes in opengl-hq
>>
>>51596173
Can be slow, if it isn't just keep it enabled.

t.
man mpv
>>
>>51596280
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>51596173
It degraded detail, I don't care how minuscule of an amount that might be. Typical banding doesn't bother me.
>>
>>51596520
Are you kidding? Deband barely degrades anything at all and you probably couldn't double blind it. A slight amount of banding is far more noticeable and egregious.
>>
>>51596719
It barely degrades detail, but it still does.
>>
>>51591654

Fuck FREETARDS!
>>
>>51596742
I bet you couldn't double blind it.
>>
>>51596757
Doesn't matter if I can't visibly notice the difference, there still is a difference.

I see it as something that alters the original videom I don't like that.
>>
>>51596913
>Doesn't matter if I can't visibly notice the difference
That's literally the only thing that matters. Enjoy your placebo.
>>
>>51596173
You don't need to disable it, just turn off the disgusting noise:
deband-grain=0


And fuck film grain too, that's another movie industry scam like low frame rate.
>>
>>51596955
That's ironic coming from someone arguing for a debanding filter.
>>
>>51597007
Debanding is mostly for anime. It's very obvious there.
>>
I dont understand why madshi wont just open source madvr. Its not like he is selling it or making any money from it being closed source. His bullshit "muh child" ego argument does not make sense.
>>
>>51597374
he states in the thread OP linked:
"I'm not an open-source developer", but gives no reason.
>>
File: kek.gif (3MB, 320x272px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kek.gif
3MB, 320x272px
>>51591669
>>51591707
>>51591699

Meanwhile SmoothVideo Project ran away with $50,000 copying both of their ideas.
>>
>>51597007
>ironic
You should probably learn what that word means first.

As far as degrading image detail, I highly doubt anyone can actually notice it unless you go out of your way to put retarded settings on it. Your argument so far is basically makes you seem like some kind of videophile.

However, there are situations where debanding is highly useful and desirable, so it makes little sense to ever turn it off unless your CPU is just a piece of shit or something.
>>
>>51597495
>unless you go out of your way to put retarded settings on it
The retarded setting (grain) is on by default.
>>
>>51597583
The noise is there for a reason and should be on.
>>
File: shot0001.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shot0001.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>51597495
>I highly doubt anyone can actually notice it

This is the same frame, same settings except one with deband and one without.

This is the one without deband.
>>
File: shot0002.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shot0002.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>51597645
This is the one with deband.

They're visibly different, the deband filter effected the way the video looks and not just with banding. Look at her hair on the right for example, it took away a lot of detail there and smoothed it out.
>>
>>51597673
shot0002 looks better.

>it took away a lot of detail
nah.
>>
>>51597636
It looks like shit. I bet you're the kind of person who thinks film grain is "artistic". You can clearly see the noise in >>51597673 , and it only looks worse in motion.
>>
>>51597645
>>51597673
The two frames are almost visually identical and really the main difference is that the grain between the two shots is slightly different maybe. A lot of detail? Nonsense. These images are so close that I don't believe I could reliably double blind them.
>>
>>51597772
>shot0002 looks better.

That's fine if you think that.

>nah.

yah.
>>
>>51597778
>arguing against film grain
Weren't you just complaining about loss of detail a second ago?
>>
>>51597783
>The two frames are almost visually identical

If you can't see what you're supposed to see there, your monitor and/or eyeballs are shit.

>These images are so close that I don't believe I could reliably double blind them.

If you mixed them up I would still be able to tell which was the one with debanding on and which was the one without.
>>
>>51597802
Film grain was originally caused by film producers being cheap. It's now mostly caused by idiots who deliberately add it to their well-lit digital shots. In both cases it is losing detail.

If the grain/noise is already there then sadly it is not possible to remove it without further detail loss. That doesn't mean you should deliberately add more!
>>
>>51597783
Not OP, but I actually think you could double blind them if you Look at the hair, but solely because the debanding makes it look better. :)
>>
>>51597645
>>51597673
Now find a scene with really shitty banding and compare it.
The tiny amount of details loss (if you can even call it that) is a very small price to pay to get rid of banding everywhere else.
>>
>>51597878
It does when you disable the grain (despite also losing detail, but in this case it's so minor that it's a good tradeoff). >>51597645
please post a version with deband-grain=0 so we can see how it can look at its best.
>>
madshi is the based as fuck he can do whatever he wants you can always use an old version if you don't like something. Opensores would turn his project to rubbish.
>>
What should I put on the mpv.conf on a completely shit netbook?
>>
>>51598500
vo=xv
>>
File: 1403226023029.jpg (225KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403226023029.jpg
225KB, 1280x1024px
>>51591707
>He's been at it for 10 years, and he's made tremendous contributions.
I don't get what hes mad about. Its closed source. Unless the reverse engineered the binaries and stole source code, then it doesn't really matter.

Anyone who backs madshi in this case should realize they are advocating for software patents. This makes as much as sense as being mad at Samsung for "stealing" Apple's rounded rectangles.
>>
>>51598966
Lastly, after reading the thread, mpv is superior not just for being open sores, but also cross platform. A cross platform application like Kodi should take care in officially supporting solutions that work on more than just Window.
>>
>>51597860
>Film grain was originally caused by film producers being cheap. It's now mostly caused by idiots who deliberately add it to their well-lit digital shots. In both cases it is losing detail.
Incorrect. Noise exists in all photography. regardless of ISO setting, illumination, camera, film (or digital sensor).

> It's now mostly caused by idiots who deliberately add it to their well-lit digital shots. In both cases it is losing detail.
Some filmmakers may intentionally add film grain, but it's not as if there was none immediately after photography.

>If the grain/noise is already there then sadly it is not possible to remove it without further detail loss.
If you consider the noise part of the signal, then yes, but that's generally not the case, and while our methods of removing grain are imperfect, a perfect denoise filter doesn't lower quality.

>That doesn't mean you should deliberately add more!
In the case of debanding, adding noise helps to conceal the residual bands that debanding filters can't remove without adversely affecting portions of the frame that ought not to be debanded.
>>
opengl-hq:deband
>>
Suicide when?

His life work is ruined.
>>
opengl-hq:deband=no

Clearly more detail.
>>
>>51599138
A tiny bit. Not enough to disable debanding.
>>
>>51599093
>>51599138
upload it to a screenshot comparison website
>>
>>51599165
No
>>
The texture on this board is not banding.

>>51599156
It most definitely is if your source is good and doesn't have banding, i.e. what most fansubs should be. It just degrades quality for no reason whatsoever there.
>>
File: 1448595259545.jpg (189KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448595259545.jpg
189KB, 1462x1462px
>>51591654
Kek, this faggot is so buttblasted that nobody wants to use his inferior closed source dogshit anymore.

Makes me so happy to see faggots like this get BTFO.
>>
>>51591654
>Recently mpv has started copying a lot of ideas from madVR, including some algorithms I invented myself (things nobody else ever did before), without giving any credit. And when they found a bug in one of my algorithms, they didn't bother to report it to me, instead they used it to advertize their own solution as being "superior".
That butthurt
That's what you get when your project isn't open source.
>>
>>51599206
Then don't expect anyone to review your test images
>>
>>51599251
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/152567
i did it for him :)

Seriously, I can hardly see a change.
>>
>>51599239

>using kek, faggot and buttblasted
>calling madvr inferior

you are da best.
>>
So any GUI for mpv? I like the simplicity but it's a bit TOO simple. And no, a config file does not suffice.
>>
>>51599332
bomi
bakamplayer
>>
File: 1448594965722.png (7KB, 600x696px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448594965722.png
7KB, 600x696px
>>51599332
>needing a GUI for a video player

what the fuck do you do? open the video player without a file and just look at the buttons all day?

Stop being a retard, retard.
>>
I'll pay someone $5 if they make an Android port of mpv and fit it with a basic no frills material design GUI.
>>
>>51599395
>$5
Gee, how can anyone refuse such a generous offer?
>>
>>51599288
I honestly thought privacybadger or something was blocking the image switching script for a minute
>>
File: Capture.png (40KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Capture.png
40KB, 1366x768px
Haven't updated my config in ages. Does anything need to be changed?
>>
>>51599476
Glad it's not my eyes then :)
Seriously, I don't know what he means with "clear loss of detail".
>>
>>51599476
>>51599521
The image switching script also highlights the image border catching your eye and drawing it away from the other more subtle differences. It’s simply less visible there. Those sites are shit for anything but very obvious differences.
>>
>>51599370
bomi looks a bit dead, though.
https://twitter.com/bomi_player
>>
>>51599569
>Those sites are shit for anything but very obvious differences

This I really don't understand. The site merely shows the original .png file that hasn't been tempered with at all!
>>
>>51599607
tampered, oops.
>>
>>51599607
It adds a border to the hover image which is counter productive for subtle differences.
>>
The torrent groups don't give a shit about file sizes, so they just go -crf 16 and roll with it.

Yeah shit torrent groups that you're familiar with.

>>51592350
>I have never experienced any of the artefacts you mentioned. Are you sure that wasn't a bandwidth issue?

Because you're blind or watch Netflix on a tiny monitor.
>>
>>51599687
Are there any torrent groups that care about quality? Anime fansubs are the only encodes worth a damn I’ve ever seen.
>>
>>51599673
Whelp, OK, you win. My subtlety detector needs a rest ;)
>>
>>51599687
>Yeah shit torrent groups that you're familiar with
Guess you're too elite for me (although you could still be a YIFY fan...)
>>
>>51596038
>I want a thing but I don't want it badly enough to do anything about it, even if that "anything" means "ask the developers for the thing"
>>
File: wikiexample.png (989KB, 960x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wikiexample.png
989KB, 960x720px
>>51599698

A few of my favorites are CtrlHD, DON, NiP, D-Z0N3 , Tay-To, etc. One of the few I really like when I download from a source that's very grainy is the group Wiki. They manage to keep a lot of grain while keeping the file size down.

>>51599741
No Yiff-Yiff here.
>>
>mpvfags are so mad madshi doesnt like them they have to come crying to /g/
Typical.
>>
>>51592051
>rcombs
>that massive retard is an mpv dev
Going back to MPC. He seriously considering trying to do a simulcast startup with no plans other than "I wanna go to Japan to acquire licenses" and "The project brief is 'Crunchyroll with better encoding and subs', I'll figure out the rest after I strike deals with studios and publishers."
>>
>>51600145
Kek that sounds hilarious, long version please
>>
>>51600206
I unfortunately don't keep logs but it took a lot of people to convince him it was a stupid idea. I only share one IRC channel with him though and I can't be positive it was the only place it was discussed in depth. Somebody else might have something. This was in ITW's channel for the record.
>>
File: vapoursynth_1492.jpg (97KB, 800x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
vapoursynth_1492.jpg
97KB, 800x600px
Why doesn't /g/ like Vapoursynth?
>>
File: cwc.gif (1MB, 237x336px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cwc.gif
1MB, 237x336px
>brand loyalty over freeware
>>
mpv on windows hasn't been updated in a month so it's fucking dead.
>>
>>51600473
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/compile-windows.md
>>
>>51599521
I'm pretty sure it's just compression artifacts being subtly different as opposed to "clear loss of detail."
>>
>>51592481
This is literaly covered in as an example for premade scripts their repository.
>>
>>51600426
It's slow and most of the useful scripts are now native to mpv.
>>
>>51591695
You'd think he'd learn a lesson about how software can become better with more than one contributor, or at least that targeting only one platform (Windows) might bite you in the ass, but nope.

I've been using mpv since it first became a thing, and that's because it was forked off mplayer2 and that ran an order of magnitude better than anything else on my toaster. That includes madVR, which simply didn't run at all. Why would Plex want to hire someone that excludes so many people from using their software? That's contrary to any sane business strategy.
>>
>>51597374
His code, his choices. If he want to keep his product closed for whatever reasons he should be free to do it.
But he could just do it without spouting FUD and blatant bullshit.
>>
>>51591707
>To be honest, I'm with madshi on this one. He's been at it for 10 years, and he's made tremendous contributions.
So nobody is ever allowed to build on the contributions he made? Because he discovered a certain algorithm first, he's the only person that is ever allowed to use it? That's fucking lunacy.
>>
>>51600679

Can you do motion interpolation to ~60fps through mpv natively?
>>
>>51600819
>wanting to do this
Just use SVP and enjoy your artifacts and soap effect, retard. Nobody sane actually wants that shit because it looks like shit.
>>
>>51600819
not a mpv user, but why would you ever willingly do this
>>
>>51600793
That's what proprietary software does to people.
>>
File: R2.jpg (41KB, 352x192px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
R2.jpg
41KB, 352x192px
>>51600837
>Just use SVP and enjoy your artifacts and soap effect, retard. Nobody sane actually wants that shit because it looks like shit.


Holy shit anon I was just asking a question. There are some people who obviously want it otherwise it wouldn't be put into televisions nowadays.

>>51600850


Because for certain media I like watching that that way. I'm not watching the films like the Godfather in 60fps, ffs.
>>
>>51600914
Just watch real 60fps content at 60fps.
>>
>>51600928
Hard to find.
>>
>>51600850
It's great for anything that isn't anime. Seriously, once you're used to 60fps there is no "soap opera effect" and everything else looks like a slideshow. I don't understand how people put up with 24fps. It's literally the bare-minimum needed to show smooth motion to an untrained eye, and only exists as a thing because it allowed them to save money on film. So they took a lightbulb and flipped it on and off at it at increasingly high intervals until they found the slowest rate they could run it at while alienating the fewest people. That's 24fps.

>>51600837
SVP only runs on Windows. Or potentially with Wine if you're willing to put up with that shit.
>>
>>51600928
this desu

faking 60fps is stupid as hell senpai
>>
>>51600928
I fucking would if it existed. At this point it's pretty much only limited to porn, which by the way is completely worth it.
>>
>>51600943
>bb..but muh cinematic
>>
>>51600943
SVP only runs on Windows because SVP is for retards.
>>
>>51600793
>Because he discovered a certain algorithm first, he's the only person that is ever allowed to use it? That's fucking lunacy.

Better question is why a legion of 1,000 freetards cannot develop a better algorithm than 1 single man?
>>
>>51601017
What algorithm did madshi create?
>>
>>51601017
they came up with a better implementation and didn't tell him that his sucked

that's why he was sperging out
>>
>>51601001
If that were the case it would also run on OSX, but I don't see that happening either.

>>51601017
They did, which is why madshi is so pissed off. They took his implementations and made them better, and open-sourced it to boot.
>>
>>51599395
Wait, there's no Android port yet?
I'll make one once I get an Android phone.
>>
>>51591707
>madshi
>contributions.
Lol, fucking what contributions? all his shit is closed source, he didn't contribute anything to anyone.
>>
>>51601070
OSX has no readback mechanism for hwdec.
>>
>>51601040
>>51601070

madshi is mad over what exactly?

nothing
>>
>>51601070
Most intelligent people run OS X on their main driver and BSD on their servers.

The original Unix devs use OS X.
>>
>>51601105
>Recently mpv has started copying a lot of ideas from madVR, including some algorithms I invented myself (things nobody else ever did before), without giving any credit. And when they found a bug in one of my algorithms, they didn't bother to report it to me, instead they used it to advertize their own solution as being "superior". I only heard about it months later from a user. Furthermore, mpv fans are going through many forums now, trying to convince madVR users to switch to mpv because they say it now would have all important madVR features and at better quality (which is both not true).

mad that mpv is better than his shit
>>
>>51601118
I'd question whether running an OS that is completely controlled by one entity as your main driver is an intelligent move.
>>
>>51601040
No, that's jinc, which is absolutely not developed by him.
And to be extremely fair haasn always said that the issue with it was with a questionable, not configurable by users, default radius more than a bug in itself. The "MadVR has bugged jinc" statement madshi is referring to is a meme born here, to tell how little he himself knows about the "background/history", as he called it.
>>
I can't believe there's enough to say about a video player to need a running general.
>>
>>51601252
video players are serious business
>>
Why is freeware even a thing?
>>
>>51601332
Why not honestly?
>>
>>51601332
people needed an easy way to distribute malware to idiots
>>
>>51601372
What's the point?
>>
>>51601372
>>51601393
It's the old way of thinking
>>
>>51601393
to release software to people for free?
>>
>>51601453
Free software, or even restricted source code access achieve the same thing.
>>
>>51601504
But what if they don't want people to have the sourcecode?
>>
>>51601545
then i'd question what they're trying to hide and why
>>
>>51591654
> steal my algorithm
> closed source

This guy should kill himself
>>
>>51601545
Why would they want that? They're not gaining anything from this, so they don't need competitive advantage.
They just want to fuck their users.
>>
Closed-source freeware is pure egotism. You're not even getting a profit from it, it's just "I don't want to get paid, but I also want you all to look up to me and only me so nobody is allowed to touch upon what I've done"
>>
>mpv is better
>mpv is better
>mpv is better

...better at what, exactly?

>muh text config

You want a media player to endlessly tinker and flatter your kiddie scripting abilities with? Do you buy a car just to disassemble and reassemble it?

>muh lack of ui

Press 1 = MPC-HC minimal mode. What else, faggots?
>>
>>51601574
What are they gaining from opening the source?

>>51601559
I bet people say the same thing about your truecrypt volumes
>>
>>51601618
>...better at what, exactly?
Color management, interpolation, being cross-platform.
>>
>>51601632
>What are they gaining from opening the source?
Developers.
>>
>>51601632
>I bet people say the same thing about your truecrypt volumes
>implying i don't just use dmcrypt + luks
>>
>>51591654
Somebody's mad that madVR shits on meme player /v/.
MPC-HC with madVR: Used by millions.
mpv: Used by like 30 freetards.
>>
>>51593501
>no where in that thread indicates that Madshi is mad
But it's right there in his name.
>>
>>51601667
the guy doesn't seem to want any more
>>
>>51601252
still better than /desktop/, /hpg/, /battlestations/ and /spg/ eight times a day. And "firefox ded" in between ofc.
>>
Hey where can I find the bjin's config?

This link doesn't work: https://github.com/bjin/dotfiles/blob/master/.mpv/config
>>
>>51601744
It also benefits other people. If he doesn't care, it means he's an egoist.
>>
>>51596913
Upscaling, decoding, and rendering alters the original video in some slight way, better stop doing those things.
>>
>>51591852
>configuring mpv is easy
>configuring MPC-HC is hard
Ah, so that's why we have a 24/7 MPC-HC help thread on /g/, and mpv fags are nowhere to be seen since they're off watching videos
Oh wait...
>>
Is there a MPV config to stop it flickering when its maximized and I click outside of it on my second monitor.
>>
>>51601834
stop using windows
>>
>>51601834
Wait for the next build that has ANGLE support
>>
>>51595740
>TV
Fucking pleb.
>>
>>51601632
>I bet people say the same thing about your truecrypt volumes
Since when was I sharing my Truecrypt volumes?
>>
>>51601802
Reading his posts, that's pretty much the impression I got.
>>
>>51595498
What's your favourite language?
>>
>>51601912
english
>>
>>51601922
See, this is the REAL cancer killing /g/.
Fuck off normie.
>>
madVR needs windows to work.
Do I need to continue to explain that it sucks?
>>
>>51601976
Depending on your settings, mpv also needs windows to work.
Otherwise your room will start heating up pretty quickly.
>>
>>51593361
>"mpv has very sane defaults and works well with no configuration at all."
>OSD popup all over your video
>retarded right-click pause/play
>no scrollwheel volume
>no chapter titles

>"works well"
>broken ordered chapter support.
>>
File: pepe bed smug.jpg (73KB, 667x421px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pepe bed smug.jpg
73KB, 667x421px
>>51601976
Hello, my name is Eraldo
I abandoned madVR recently and I was thinking about mpv + GNUPLOT combo, do you think it is a solid choice?
>>
>>51601990
This doesn't make too much sense...
What kind of settings?
>>
>>51601643
>Color management

If you're that anal, display calibration is far more important

>interpolation

lol

>being cross-platform

Bruce AND Caitlyn!
>>
File: 1418358214397.jpg (321KB, 1005x670px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418358214397.jpg
321KB, 1005x670px
>>51602033
He meant this kind of window.
>>
>>51601993
>this guy has a point
>>
>>51601956
?
>>
File: veio louco 7.jpg (28KB, 300x449px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
veio louco 7.jpg
28KB, 300x449px
(defn autism [x] if (= x mpv) :ok :madvr-fag)
>>
>>51601976
Year of the Linux desktop when?
>>
>>51602112
Never.
People aren't that smart to use gnu/linux and understand how to really use an operating system.
>>
>>51602112
always
>>
>>51602112
Soon. Believe in Valve.
>>
>>51602075
If you weren't the cancer killing /g/, you would've known that i was referring to which programming language is your favourite.
But since your a disgusting normie, you obviously don't program, so get the fuck out of /g/ you don't belong here.
>>
>>51600426
Avisynth getting started:
1. Install MeGUI.
2. Play around and watch how it creates scripts.

Vapoursynth getting started:
1. Install Vapoursynth
2. LEARN PYTHON
>>
In linux, if you use a 1khz kernel you got smooth playback. In windows this is not possible because you can't compile a closed source kernel.
>>
>>51602190
>GUI
Spot the idiot
>>
>>51594491
There's nothing even remotely hard about using mpv. You don't have to use any scripts or edit any config files. Just download the program and start watching videos and its already better than any other video player
>>
>>51602271
>It just works!
>You want options?

...there's an iWatch on your wrist, isn't there?
>>
>>51601096
>>51599395
Can't believe we still don't have an android port. MXPlayer is still the best option on Android and its still shit
>>
File: Untitled.png (931KB, 1280x747px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.png
931KB, 1280x747px
>>51602271
>its already better than any other video player
So I can use the seekbar without covering up my video with an OSD, I can move the video by clicking on the screen without covering up the video with an OSD, I have chapter names, and with a right-click I have access to every option?
mpv has no answer to the basic functions of MPC-HC.
>>
>>51602399
SMPlayer has had mpv support for a long time and can do all that stuff.
>>
>>51602172
>sprouting ridiculous meme speak like "normie"
>feeling superior on /g/

ridiculous.
>>
>>51602441
So it has a GUI for mpv settings?
Why don't you shill that so we can end the 24/7 mpv help thread?
>>
>>51602399
That looks like a kig.
>>
>>51602399 These are not basic functions
They are silly nitpicks that most people don't care about

>>51602308
When the fuck did I day this? Stop treating all of /g/ as one person
>>
>>51602498
Why are you in a thread about a thing that you obviously don't use and are too closed-minded to even consider using? Just filter the word "mpv" and it wont be a problem anymore.
>>
>>51602508
>When the fuck did I day this?

You are truly individual.
>>
>>51602558
I install it now and again to see if it's gotten any better, and every time I come to the conclusion that the developer is fucking retarded about basic ergonomics.

If you're a 'tard, don't try to get creative.
>>
>>51602712
Different strokes for different folks. I prefer the way mpv works. I've got it set up to automatically open fullscreen on my TV and it ends up working better than MPC-HC does because I don't typically use my mouse when interacting with it.
>>
>Last build: 2015-11-10

Dead.
>>
File: wow hacking.jpg (237KB, 660x499px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wow hacking.jpg
237KB, 660x499px
>>51602805
>>
>>51602934
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/compile-windows.md
>>
>>51602805
That's fine. I don't care what anyone uses. It's the short man syndrome of mpv shills that I find annoying. I don't like lies, and that's all they do to try to pass themselves off as something other than the manlets of the media player world.
>>
File: 1448500901363.png (323KB, 640x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448500901363.png
323KB, 640x640px
>>51602995
>implying you're not the exact same as them
>>
The upscalers are debanding filters are actually based on imagemagick and vapoursynth.
>>
>>51603222
Where's my thread whining about how someone is using mpv? Hint: it doesn't exist, unlike this lengthy one complaining how one man has completely shown up the entire freetard community.
>>
>>51603553
More like exposed himself to be a selfish, egotistical and dishonest faggot.
>>
>>51603792
>IT SHOULD BE FREE IT SHOULD BE FREE IT SHOULD BE FREE IT SHOULD BE FREE IT SHOULD BE FREE BECAUSE I WAAAAAAANT IT THAT WAY, AND IF YOU DON'T I"M GOING TO COMPLAIN ON GEEEEEE!
>no
>YOU SELFISH BASTARD!
>>
>>51603892
>FREETARDS STEAL MY CODE AND MAKE IT FREE
>FUCK THOSE SELFISH BASTARDS
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 32


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.