[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stoopid Queshiuns Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 44

Harold™ Edition
Old thread: >>51574029 (already archived)

Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE.
DO NOT BUMP THE THREAD, You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Read the sticky before posting.
Take at least 10 seconds to google it first.

Redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.
>>
I installed windows 7 in virtualbox and windows update doesn't work. It just keeps checking for updates over and over. Anyone know any possible solution ?
>>
How do I get really old websites with .swf games on them running? I feel like I need a dose of nostalgia.
>>
It was the damndest thing, control+f failed to bring up this thread.

Anyway, is there a minimum ratio of isopropyl alcohol to water that I should use to clean off a CPU? I've used 91% in the past, but I don't know if I just got lucky.
>>
>>51591374
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnyoJtv9Cx0
>>
Where is a (*&(*& easy tutorial for installing ubuntu touch on a Nexus 7?
>>
What video players do you guys use and why ?

Basically, I use VLC Media Player but want to know what the fuck is the deal with MPC-HC or BE ??? and why

How does k-lite, kcp, and cccp codecs fit into all of this as well.

I'm currently trying to figure this out atm, please help me understand what the deal is and why
>>
Is there any somesort of adblocker for Metro apps? My favourite manga reader just added ads with no option to disable or upgrade to ad-free and they fuck me off.

I've tried dicking around in the app folder and following several guides to hide the ads, but to no avail. Would editing my hosts file work? I'm worried about screwing up my apps entirely by modifying my hosts file.
>>
>>51591205
What is the best 4 chan app for android (bonus if it supports other chans ) ?
>>
>>51591556

I would recommend just reading the manga online, anon.
>>
>>51591549
Codecs are something that help your computer decode the videos . Video players use codecs ( either the players own codec or the ones installed on the computer ). Those things you mentioned are codec packs . MPC-hc and vlc are about the same with a couple interface difference .
>>
I know the basics of c++ because that's the first language theyre "teaching" us at uni and I've been learning at home. Question is, I found a really good book on C# and have been thinking on continuing with that. Is it a good idea?
>>
>>51591580
The app was the best option for me, since I use a tablet. Everybody knows how much of a pain browsing/typing on a tablet is.

If there's no other way, I'll just do that. Thanks homie.
>>
>>51591590

Alright, thanks anon.
>>
>>51591632

Well, I mean besides that I would use a dedicated reader. I would use Cloud Reader to read my comics. On my iPad mini, it was never an issue reading on a tablet for me.

The only downside is you would have to download your manga individually.
>>
Can you put android on iPad?
>>
>>51591665
Oh shit yeah. I didn't think about using a dedicated reader. I already have a bunch of CBRs.

I'll do that. Thank you
>>
>>51591759

No problem, anon. Glad I could help.
>>
>try to look for stupid questions thread
>OP put "stoopid"

Anyway, I have Win 10 on a 840 EVO and recently when I turn my computer off the computer shuts down when the Windows 10 splash screen appears. I have to turn my computer on again to be able to load Windows. What could be causing this problem?
>>
I'm moving all my shit to a portable hard drive in order to format my laptop. I want to put sha 256 (is there one better?) encryption in order to boot or even look at the files on my OS HDD, how do I do this and what program do I need?
>>
Should i install ruby on windows using cygwin or an installer?
>>
The captcha keeps going blank for days at a time in Firefox, but not other browsers.

What broke?
>>
>>51591850
sha 256 is hash function not an encryption algorithm. AES is the industry standard encryption algorithm.
>>
>>51591867
legacy?
>>
>>51591885
alright, what does this mean? should I use AES then?
>>
>>51591867
ff 42 on win10 here. no problem.
>>
>>51591235
use vmware
>>
>>51591906
I assume whatever program you use would give options for selecting an algorithm. AES with a large key would be unbreakable if properly implemented.
>>
>>51591867

Use Legacy captcha and I would bargain that it is your internet connection.
>>
I've had a sound card lying around on a shelf getting a bit dusty. Will there be problems with static if I shove it in a computer now?
>>
>>51591947
what do you mean by properly implemente? you mean how hwrd the key is? I'm going to use several words from different languages and a number, is that enough?
>>
>>51591829
Your power supply might be having issues .>>51591570
anyone ?
>>
File: image.png (99KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
99KB, 750x1334px
>>51591205
How do people who upload Netflix and Amazon content online get it? Is screencapture the only way to get it or is there any other way?
>>
>>51591987

???

Where have you encountered netflix/amazon content online ?
>>
>>51592001
every torrent site ever
>>
>>51591930

Are you sure that this is gonna fix the problem ?
>>
>>51591987
there are many ways
>>51592001
literally everywhere. I just finished the man in the high castle yesterday
>>
>>51592025
I have a windows 7 vm on vmware and it updates fine .
>>
>>51591968
you're overthinking this. use google to find a good file encryption app and accept all defaults when encrypting.
>>
>>51592050

>there are many ways

Tell him at least one way mother fucker. You didn't answer his question.
>>
>>51592050

That reminds me I need to check that out. I love PKD.
>>
>>51591981

Wouldn't it constantly have the same problem every time I turn it on? The second time I turn it on right after it shuts down works perfectly fine. It's always that first time I turn it on.
>>
>>51591247
I'm also interested on this.
>How do I get really old websites with .swf games on them running? I feel like I need a dose of nostalgia.
>>
C seems like the most interesting language to learn and know, why shouldnt i make it my first?
>>
What's a site that can upload a file of any type from a URL, not from my computer? Need one that will support over 15 but under 30 megabytes.
>>
>>51592089
https://torrentfreak.com/pirates-can-now-rip-4k-content-from-netflix-and-amazon-151127/
>>51592108
it's Diesel punk meets Twilight basically. but the ambientation is amazing
>>
>>51592205
no . That is a common symptom of shitty capacitors used on lower end power supply's .
>>
How do torrents work and how can I download them
>>
File: 241604.jpg (48KB, 640x385px) Image search: [Google]
241604.jpg
48KB, 640x385px
>>51592328
for newbies the best is qbittorrent because it has a search engine built in (you don't have to use your browser)

just install python 3.4.3 then download qbittorrent, enable search in view and look for movies / music etc
>>
How safe is it to jam a voltmeter into a modular PSU's connectors? I have a suspicion that it's breaking my HDDs, and I want to make sure there's 12 Volt where there's supposed to be 12 Volt.
>>
File: 1219167658659.gif (7KB, 164x171px) Image search: [Google]
1219167658659.gif
7KB, 164x171px
Anybody got a link to that /g/ library torrent?
>>
>>51592451
If you need to ask not safe at all , you might fuck up .
>>51591570
help
>>
>>51592472
>If you need to ask not safe at all , you might fuck up .
How is it not safe then? What could go wrong?
>>
>>51591958
>>51591892
I was already using legacy captcha.

What kind of person do you take me for, sheesh? The old captcha the better captcha. Nobody has time to sort pancakes.

It's not just here, it's every other Google site. The thumbnails on Youtube disappear, as do Google captchas everywhere else.
>>
>>51592483
braking the multimeter by connecting in parallel instead of series. Shorting your psu by connecting wrong tips etc .
>>
>>51592484

I would say then to check your add-on's
>>
>>51592504
>braking the multimeter by connecting in parallel instead of series.
It's a voltmeter, they're supposed to go in parallel mate. Amps go in series.

>Shorting your psu by connecting wrong tips etc .
I know where there's supposed to be 12V and where there's supposed to be 0V. If I connect those and the PSU shorts, then I'll still know it's broken. So how is the wrong?
>>
>>51592328
>How do torrents work
Files are transferred between people who have parts, or all of whatever it is you're after.

You download a torrent file, and open it using a torrent client.

When you're done downloading, keep your client open to help other people download. It's extremely poor manners to remove the torrent from your client before seeding it to at least another person, if not two.
>>
>>51592532
ok go wild . You seem to know the basic
>>
>>51592512
That was the first thing I did. It's not adblock, and as far as I can tell, it's not any other addon causing this intermittent problem.
>>
>>51592559
How do people get caught downloading movies and shit through torrents?
>>
>>51592594
they don't use protocol ancryption, and those who don't use it are the first to fall. also public trackers get you caught, if you want I can invite you to torrentday, good tracker for tv shows and new movies
>>
What is the best os not made by microsoft, apple and its not unix like.
PS: must have support for x86 and amd64 architecture
>>
File: 1448111412633.jpg (87KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1448111412633.jpg
87KB, 800x533px
I'm in the market for a new CPU cooler because the one I currently have is too noisy. I tried to clean it but it did not make a difference.
I've searched the archives for some guidances, but I found nothing but braindead consumerism.
I'm interested in valid specifications that allow me to do side by side comparisons or just any other information that could help me make an informed decision.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
>>
File: 1448542446241.jpg (77KB, 547x388px) Image search: [Google]
1448542446241.jpg
77KB, 547x388px
Firefox fucking stalls for a couple seconds when I hit the link to /g/'s catalog
how to find out what's causing it?
>>
>>51592667
212 evo only as loud as your fans and great performance .
>>
MPC HC + madvr is still kosher or has some new hotness surpassed it?
>>
>>51592576

It's happened to me before having a weak wireless signal. Besides that, don't know what else.
>>
>>51592674

If you mean it loads showing no threads, then half a second shows the threads. That happens to me as well.
>>
Recommend me the cheapest laptop that still has a GPU on it.

920m, 820m, whatever lowest-end GPU (as long as it's not Intel's iGPU) I don't care.

I can't seem to find one for the life of me.
>>
>>51592732

I don't understand the use of madvr, why not just download a proper release
>>
>>51592764
For things without HD source - 90s TV shows, movies only released on DVD and so on.
>>
C++ question. Is there any way to convert iterators between types? Right now I have a vector<double> iterator which I need to use on a vector<string>.
>>
>>51592721
What makes it better than other fans in the same price range?
>>
>>51592776
No. You have to convert via distance (which is actually the index if you have an array):

auto it2 = v2.begin() + std::distance(v1.begin(), it);
>>
I'm not well-versed with web design whatsoever, I know how to examine HTML (I can recognize what lines do what, but that's pretty much common knowledge for any tech literate person) but that's about as far as my knowledge goes.

I'm looking to make my own website, and while I've resigned to the fact that I'll be using a web-builder like Wix, since it has simple drag-and-drop elements, there's something that is vital that can seemingly only be done by hand.

The landing page is going to have a centered image, and a very, very simple login prompt below it. A cryptic-type login, with no prompt to register or sign up, just a simple login/pass that you must know beforehand before proceeding to the actual site itself. What can I do to set this up? I don't want someone to be able to type www.fakesite.com/realpage.html and suddenly get access to the site, you know?

I don't know if I'm articulating myself right, but would love some help.
>>
>>51592844
I should add, I don't want any flashy things on the site itself. I plan for it to be a very simple compendium of information that is going to be presented in a simple, readable fashion - and that's all. I don't give a fuck about modern HTML5 fade in background, autoplay videos behind my shit, etc etc. I'll be totally fine actually making the actual site, the only hurdle is the login system itself.
>>
I want to build my first computer.
I'll buy these components. https://de.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
Will I need to buy extra wires like SATA cables or somethhing?
>>
>>51592266
Man in the High Castle is like Twilight because there is romantic interest? I don't get it.
>>
>>51592972
>https://de.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
Link the permalink, like this:
au.pcpartpicker.com/p/9qv2Jx

Motherboard comes with 2-4 SATA cables, power cables with power supply, and miscellaneous cables are attached to the case for power button and shit.
>>
>>51593129
Ah alright, thank you.
>>
>>51592818
Cheers m8
>>
File: 1438960073035.jpg (35KB, 312x247px) Image search: [Google]
1438960073035.jpg
35KB, 312x247px
>>51592744
no the browser stalls and doesn't react to any commands for a solid 5 seconds
>>
How do I download playlist of youtube videos for viewing offline?

I want to learn Kivy on the train.
>>
How do I make my ipad 2 faster? I'm trying to get some use out of this piece of shit and its size makes it perfect as a book/pdf reader, but it can take fucking ages to load pages, and in some cases just stays on a blurry image for a full minute before sharpening it. Is there a better reader than the stock ibooks?

Or should I sell it for something else? I can't really justify spending money on a tablet, so whatever I buy has to be covered by how much I sell it for.
>>
best way to turn several images into one pdf file?
>>
>>51593541
youtube-dl [playlist url]
>>
GPU fan broken, its an AMD Radeon HD7870.
What do? buy a 10$ fan and frankenstein it in there?
buy a repalcement cooler (what I've seen online ~€50)
or just buy a new card?
>>
>>51593786
>youtube-dl

I was going to tell you to fuck off for being unhelpful, but realised you were being helpful.

Figured it out, thank you autism fairy.
>>
>tfw haven't used a file manager for about 2 years
Is it worth using one in terms of efficiency? Anyone noticed an increase in efficiency while using one? I have some aliases for the most used dirs, and zshel tab completion feature along with zsh-autosuggestions, and I've been doing fine

Can you recommend some good terminal based file managers with vim-like bindings?
>>
>>51594083
>autism
uncalled for family
>>
File: Capture.png (17KB, 762x482px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17KB, 762x482px
Starting yesterday I get this when trying to open 4chan on Chrome. It works on Opera and even IE, as well as on Chrome on my other computers.

What is the deal with this?
>>
So i was just playing WoW and suddenly my screen started with this weird pixel flickering and it stuttered really bad. I took a screenshot, but of course it looks normal. Shortly after that my laptop crashed and i got the error message "VIDEO_TDR_ERROR". My laptop is pretty old and does get pretty hot when i play and i play like 8 hours a day. Did i fry my graphics card?
>>
>>51593707

Use CloudReader that's what I use for my comics, loads pretty fast desu.

Protip: Sell it for an iPad mini, first gen. That's what I use and it's a lot faster/better than your iPad 2, anon.
>>
>>51594450
>desu
LOL i bet u feel stupid as FUCK now anime weeaboo faggot
>>
>>51593722

You can batch file do this with Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat, whatever natively.
>>
>>51594472
>adobe
kid get the FUCK out before i slap your shit
>>
I have a bunch of hard disks I need to get rid of but beforehand I'd like to inspect them, then nuke them.
What good tool is there for working with hard disks? Preferably Windows-based and FOSS, but if I must launch a live distro so be it.
>>
File: twitter-titanic-real.jpg (58KB, 451x838px) Image search: [Google]
twitter-titanic-real.jpg
58KB, 451x838px
How come on my Android device my Twitter feed is full of images, but the same feed on my computer most of the images aren't there?
I've looked in the options but to no avail...
>>
I have 7zip but is there a different program that can zip things into much smaller sizes. Lately I've been zipping all of my backup files and Iam not happy with the compression ratio.
>>
>>51594466

Lol, I hope this was a joke, lol.
>>
>>51594538
ok anon.. how about you take your lazy ass off that chair and do a computer science degree with a focus on information theory and design an algorithm more efficient than DEFLATE instead of bitching like a pussy ass nigga on my board????????
>>
>>51594450
I'll try cloudreader. Also, the ipad's size is actually perfect, so unless I can somehow swap it for a tablet that''s the same size and better I'll deal with it. Thanks.
>>
>>51594488

Thanks for being 'stoopid' you could have insulted me and also helped him with his question but instead just settled for insulting me, lol.
>>
If I try to learn C++ by myself from Stroustrup's book, with no knowledge of programming other than very basic shit, in what ways am I fucking myself?

To put it another way I guess, why do schools teach in ML and Scheme rather that in C++?
>>
>>51594618
just to show u im a nice guy :-)
$ sudo pacman -S imagemagick
$ cd dir/with/images/
$ ls page*.png | sort -n | tr '\n' ' ' | sed 's/$/\ mydoc.pdf/' | xargs convert
>>
I recently switched from a 4:3 monitor to a 16:9 monitor. I don't like how 4chan lays itself out now. Text goes all the way across the wide screen and I feel like I have to scan my eyes too far from the left to the right.

Is there any way to get 4chan to render itself to a different window width?
>>
>>51594637
>To put it another way I guess, why do schools teach in ML and Scheme rather that in C++?
Because if they taught something that could directly lead to employment people might think they were some kind of pleb trade school.
>>
>>51594688
yes it's called CSS dumbfuck
>>
got an LED. one leg is shorter one is longer.

which do i connect to a resistor and ground?
>>
>>51594688
userstyles and
 body { max-width:1024px!important; }

or just not maximize the browser, I never do.
>>
>>51594688
oh shit I just resized my window and reloaded the site in a new tab and it did it...

yeah this was a stupid question.
>>
>>51594637
because kiddo, academia != code monkey factory as you idiots seem to believe
>>
>>51594715
where do I put that information?
>>
>>51594731
depends on your browser.
search for your browser and userstyles.
>>
Is there any chance of recovering files from an android phone after a factory reset wipes the internal storage?
>>
>>51594280
sorry senpai but everyone here is autistic.
>>
>>51594755
i am NOT actually
>>
>>51594707
Short leg to ground. Resistor can go on either side, doesn't matter.
>>
>>51594330
Help please
>>
>>51594780
>games
stopped reading there family
>>
>>51594768
>capital NOT

autism.
>>
>>51594780

Did you like, try playing the game again to see if you have the same issue?

If you've hurt a GPU, you'll see it immediately.
>>
>>51591235
How long has it been? The first windows update take a very long time. 70% of the time it looks like it just sits there.
>>
>>51594791
what the fuck did you just say about me you little bitch?
>>
>>51594824

This to be completely honest with you. You are concerned if you fucked up your graphics card but didn't mention any symptoms besides that one event, lol.
>>
>>51594669

Well, I hope that anon will read this but I don't think he's running Linux.
>>
>>51594734
I got it working well with stylish for chromium.
>>
I've got a Proliant SE326M1. As it's a special edition, I can't find any documentation. The MoBo product number is 591747-001, and I can't find anything on that either. The most pressing question I have right now is: does this MoBo have PWM fan regulation? The fans are connected to a 6-pin on the MoBo with an adapter that splits in 2 6-pin males marked "inlet" and "outlet". PWMcontrol says there's no PWM controlled fans (I've already used lm-sensors). I've tried installing the ProLiant suite of thingies, reading the manual I found it doesn't have fan control options. I'm thinking the server has no PWM controller, but before I buy an external controller I'd like to be sure. Can anyone help me?
>>
>>51591235
Make sure your network settings are correct.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
What would be a suitable GPU and CPU to use for SHIPCONSTRUCTOR?
>>
>>51591374
91% is fine.

I dumped nearly a gallon of 90% into a bucket to completely clean a computer piece by piece. Worked fine after it completely dried.
>>
>>51591602
Follow yo heart nigguh.

See what language fits what you want to "do".

Either way you can't go wrong, both are object oriented.
>>
>>51591687
Probably. Going to have to jailbreak the ipad first.
>>
>>51594824
Yep. I'm playing at it immediately started again. I lowered the resolution and it's somewhat better. It didn't crash until now, but i'm not sure i can play like that.
>>
>>51591850
Well... are you trying to compare hashes to see if someone fucked with your integrity? Or are you trying to encrypt your drive?

If you're going for strength, I'd use 3DES, it's stronk as fuark.
>>
>>51595018
Just crashed again. This time no error message, my laptop just restarted.
>>
>>51591965
As long as you turn off the computer, un plug it, hold the power button with it off and unplugged, and dust off the sound card
>>
>>51592927
>>51592844

You could implement SSH and have them remote in as a guest hahaha
>>
>>51594510
Good tool? A degauser.

Kali Linux has a bunch of forensics tools to destroy HDD's.
>>
>>51595240
Darik's Boot And Nuke
>>
>>51594744
Google a good forensics tool.

Pretty sure Kali Linux would have what you need.
>>
>>51592844
Should be able to use php and local rights admin to limit a guest vs an elevated auth'd user.Should be in which every server config you use.Would be best paired with php
>>
>>51594966
Two intel XEON processors and two NVIDIA TITAN GPUs' in tandem.
>>
>>51595123
What's a good way to dust it off, you reckon? It's a thin layer I can't blow off with compressed air.

Maybe that's enough?
>>
>>51592972
>u.pcpartpicker.com/p/9qv2Jx

>gets 980 TI
>gets bronze cert psu
Platinum or gtfo with your shit
>>
>>51595313
Are you serious?
>>
>>51593476
I've had that randomly happen since i took the leap to the shitty aurora design around v35.
I havent been able to diagnose it.The binary and profile folder are on an ssd,and the cache is on a tmpfs.Its just something in the new firefox that dogshit
>>
>>51595080
Check your system log,or something.We cant help with "it crashed".
Check wow's error.log in the wow home folder.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-29+at+05.58.12).png (11KB, 444x686px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-29+at+05.58.12).png
11KB, 444x686px
Why doesn't this work? I gave it a value.
>>
>>51594538
lrzip
>>
>>51595418

Cant do shit now. Keeps restarting and the screen is all fucked up. I might do a full wipe.
>>
>>51595477
>Boot live distro.
>Check files within live distro.
>Post error results.
>Get help
>>
>>51595436
your method needs to be static and you need to call it in main().
>>
Why is the current version of Firefox so damn ugly?
>>
>>51595514
What is this and how do i do it?
>>
Trying to crack trips on an ec2 instance. I have a g2.8xlarge running win server 2012 r2 on 32 xeon cores and 4 Nvidia K520s, but I'm only getting like 350M trips per second total with Meriken's engine, 28 search threads and all gpus. I feel like this is pretty low, each gpu is only producing ~60M/sec. From what I've read a single 980 Ti is capable of pushing almost 1000M/sec.

Anything I can do to optimize CUDA processing on this machine or is there any good and easy way to cluster a few of them? Is there a better service I can use for this?
>>
>>51595678
Grab a linux distribution of your choice
Put it on a usb drive
Boot on to it
Mount your windows drive
Look for system logs/wow logs
Post the error codes
>>
I have a dual core Pentium processor and 2gb RAM. Can I run fallout 4?
>>
>>51595630
thanks
>>
>>51594989
Except chashtag is restricted to windrones
>>
>>51595712
Ok ill try this, but like i said, i cant see shit on my screen.
>>
File: Untitled.png (142KB, 900x528px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
142KB, 900x528px
Hello sirs.
Is there any benefit noticable with speed to using the PCI-Express Solid State Drive or the SATA III Solid State Drive? Please help my question and thank you.
>>
>>51595896
It might be windows drivers.Its all part of diag.
If the usb dosent work your drivers might be fucking you,or your card is going out
>>
>>51595977
m.2 is fuck tons faster
m.2 uses your sata ports to work
i.e dont expect to use more then 1-2 other sata devices with a m.2
>>
File: Gy7oa61.png (3KB, 116x37px) Image search: [Google]
Gy7oa61.png
3KB, 116x37px
Hello gentleman, a while ago something odd happened and I can't quite pinpoint the cause or the fix.

One day icons for folders, images, .rar files and numerous other extensions became pic related, I ran some diagnosis that found some stuff was corrupted but no idea how to fix this.
>>
>>51596115
Right click and in one of the windows you an set the icon for that extension type.
>>
>>51596031
neat. ty
>>
Is Intel HD Graphics 4000 better than an Nvidia 920m?
>>
>>51596237
no dice, e.g. I can't do that to .mp4 files affected by the issue.
>>
>>51595240
>>51595253
I'd like to inspect them for contents first
So I'd need to mount them even though some of them will be NTFS, some will be ext, etc...

DBAN is nice but is there an alternative where I don't need to boot from a cd?
>>
>>51596375
pls respond
>>
>>51596501
install ntfs-3g on your install and its simple as mounting them and browsing(assuming linux)
>>..don't need to boot from a cd?
If you're on linux yeah
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sdX
let it sit there till its done.If you want more psudeorandom use /dev/random in place.
You cant really nuke it within a windows cause all of the hardlinks that the system is using when its in use.
>>
How is babby formed?
>>
I have my OS installed on my SSD and I also have a hard drive
Sometimes when turning it on or doing a force restart, it only sees my SSD and also says to Insert Bootable Media
If I restart the computer with a PS/2 keyboard in and bring up the boot menu, it sees both the SSD and HDD and I can select my SSD to boot to
What is going on here?
>>
>>51597619
>hard reset
Your platter drive is still spinning down/up before your bios posts
>>
I want to go to school for CE, but i'm not really sure where to go. Would it be better to go to a uni or a tech school? any advice for starting out?
>>
>>51592747
Acer aspire e5 charcoal grey
>>
I'm about to install a hotfix from this site

http://thehotfixshare.net/board/index.php?showtopic=17103

it'a a good idea? microsoft ask me for an email to receive the download link
>>
>>51598003
no, it's a really bad idea.
just grab it from the official source.
>>
>>51598030
well i guess i'm just going to give them an email
>>
>>51598098
use 10minutemail if you're spooked.
>>
My friend knows deep sleep is broken on my PC and, as a joke, set the bios to remember last state on power loss, then put my PC to sleep. Now it's stuck in sleep regardless of full power cycling. He assumed that it would be a funny joke and I could reset the cmos and laughs all around, but funny story: wake up behavior is even further down than cmos. I've tripped the jumper. I've pried out the battery. I've HARDWARE SWITCHED to backup cmos. Nothing. The computer won't even post.

What do when cmos access isn't low level enough to fix a problem?
>>
>>51598226
Oh man, you're all kinds of fucked.
>>
File: smeltma.png (21KB, 849x541px) Image search: [Google]
smeltma.png
21KB, 849x541px
why didn't you buy LIFETIME coverage for 9.95 ?
>>
Is Win 10 okay for gaming yet? I really don't want to make the switch if ANYTHING is still broken.
>>
>>51598430
i moved to windows 10 at least 4 months ago and have had 0 issues with anything . it's actually pretty remarkable how stable EVERYTHING seems to be .

that's just me though
>>
>>51598226
You ask your funny friend to buy you a new computer
>>
File: Untitled.png (2KB, 137x50px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2KB, 137x50px
How do I get this symbol to print out on Word?

Its sigma with a squared symbol and then a 2 beneath it also the same but with a 1.

The best I can get it sigma squared
>>
>>51598446

What about bloatware? Have you had trouble getting rid of it? Or any of it getting in the way?
>>
is there a device that lets me plug in 4 hard disks (not 4x a hard disk docking station)
a NAS seems overkill, I don't need a RAID, any CPU power or accessible in the network, I just want to access the data on 4 disks at the same time.
>>
>>51598502
what would you consider bloatware on 10 ?

the only thing i dislike is the occasional popup in the bottom right telling you to buy office .
it's not a common occurrence and it's easily disabled in system settings.

i haven't disabled any of the intrusive security features like telemetry or any of that stuff.
personally i don't care about it .
>>
File: comcast lol.png (120KB, 1853x1160px) Image search: [Google]
comcast lol.png
120KB, 1853x1160px
Is there a good network bandwidth monitor? I have Tomato on my router but it's no better than comcast's own charts in terms of usefulness.

I'd like something that can tell me where the traffic is coming from as well, in a similar fashion to your android phone's bandwidth report.

NetBalancer is nice but only runs on my windows computer and doesn't see data from other devices. I want a network appliance.
>>
>>51598469
insert equation
insert sigma, exponent menu (n1Y) and just delete the Y and substitute n and 1
>>
>>51598596

I guess like, Cortana, and the app store, and Onedrive. The stuff that comes with Win 10 that you cant really get rid of.
>>
File: 4563453473.png (16KB, 409x448px) Image search: [Google]
4563453473.png
16KB, 409x448px
Audio people of /g/
How do I get the best out of my laptops sound card ?
How do i set shit up for good bass and clear sound ?
Whenever I increase bass everything else sounds dulled out ?
Even if i install the realtek drivers for my laptop it provides little to no options
>>
>>51596375

Lol, this is truly a stooopid question or a troll
>>
>>51598648
size wise it's slimmer than 8.1.

just don't use the stuff if you don't need it.
it's like having paint installed but never using it because you have gimp.
that 3-4MB is irrelevant.
>>
>>51598648
i simply ignore all of them .
i never go to the app store and i never use onedrive and they never bug me .

cortana is linked to the start search bar for some stupid reason that's my real complaint .
>>
File: 1448829101283.png (254KB, 977x664px) Image search: [Google]
1448829101283.png
254KB, 977x664px
For some reason I almost never get actual results from Google's reverse image search, even when other people do. This picture, for example. I know other people get results from it, but I get nothing. I've tried swapping which version of Google I'm using (.ca -> .com), logging out, trying a different browser, etc. I know Safesearch isn't on. I get nothing. It's this way for most pictures. I have no idea what to do.
>>
>>51598738
you can turn off cortana in the settings though.
>>
File: 1448763112461.png (16KB, 560x308px) Image search: [Google]
1448763112461.png
16KB, 560x308px
Are there any good cracks for Lightroom 6 that won't install fucking malware on my PC?
I had the chingliu Lightroom 5, but only LR 6 has HDR stacking built in (in LR 5 you have to use Photoshop as well, I'd like to only have one installed)
>inb4 use a free as in freedom alternative
I do that for Photoshop already and it's fine but almost every free RAW editor alternative either doesn't have batch, doesn't have HDR bracketing (forcing me to use a separate tool that produces meh results), or is OK but is extremely tedious with no batch whatsoever (what I've been using, ChasysDraw). I used the Lightroom CC trial and it's been perfect.
>inb4 just use the first result on KAT
I would but apparently it's embedded with "Expiro-DD". I'm not taking any risks.
>inb4 ask /p/
They're too slow.
>inb4 ask /t/
All they care about is JAV porn.

Please help, /g/
>>
>>51598784
no predb lists anything, so I just say no, there isn't any.
>>
>>51598776
yeah but it will get rid of the search bar entirely from what i understand .
i have disabled cortana from using onedrive of giving me bing suggestions
>>
File: 2015-11-29_14-52-57.png (122KB, 647x371px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-29_14-52-57.png
122KB, 647x371px
>>51598695
Are you using onboard speakers? They are probably trash regardless of what the reviews called them.

check 'disable all enhancements' and use an audio player/video player with a built-in equalizer if you want to use that kind of thing. The bass boost is probably lowering non-bass frequencies and loudness equalization is just compressing the volumes of everything. Thanks to the loudness wars this is already done for you in the studio so that option is just making it even worse.
>>
>>51598835
Oh, and I meant to say, get a usb DAC. You don't need anything fancy to get something better than your onboard.
>>
File: cortana.png (22KB, 392x582px) Image search: [Google]
cortana.png
22KB, 392x582px
>>51598834
does it? my search still works.
I can't test it with it enabled though.
>>
File: my_laptop_with_its_battery.jpg (715KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
my_laptop_with_its_battery.jpg
715KB, 2560x1600px
I have an issue with my laptop. It won't turn on even when charged.
Do you think you could help with the problem?
>>
>>51598871
it's disabled but it's still installed is what i mean.
either way i don't think it's a huge deal .
>>
>>51598835
I dont use the onboard speakers I only listen to music through headphones, mind you they are not 100ÂŁ headphones if they were i probably wouldnt have that problem.
Would there be any good USB soundcards that are worth looking into or are USB soundcards just a poor meme ?
>>
Hi /g/ I have a simple question:
I've been running a pirate version of windows 7 ultimate 64 bits for some years and I'd like to upgrade to windows 10 for performance improvements and DX12 support

So, I heard pirate versions won't be able to upgrade normally
But since I never ran into a problem with my current image should I avoid doing it anyways?
I mean, the system never warned me about the fact that this copy isn't original
>>
>>51598954
It depends on how you activated your copy.
You can always try, if you run into problems install a clean copy of windows 7 and activate it with DAZ loader, you will be able to upgrade to windows 10 with no problems
>>
>>51591205
Is it possible to find out who the owner of a number is???

I got an iphone that has been lost, called the number given and its out of service. Now I need to somehow get in contact with the owner. Can anyone help me out??

ALso, I have the email id of the owner (apple id). Not sure how that can be of any help.
>>
>>51594322
clear your cookies, and reset any vpns you might be using.
>>
>>51598933
It seems I haven't selected a /g/uide to amps so here is a head-fi link: http://www.head-fi.org/a/head-fi-buying-guide-portable-amps-dacs-daps

USB DAC and Amplifiers are not a meme. Try not to use the word 'soundcard' though.
>>
>>51599002
>i have the email id
Send an email ?
Try pluging it into itunes i dont remember if it still shows you the information of the iphone and how much information it actually shows you
>>
>>51598918
do lights flash / drives spin?
>>
>>51595344
No
>>
>>51599052
Sent an email no answer, it shows quite a bit, udid, imei, apple serial number etc, cant get past the activation screen on the iphone as it asks for the apple id and the password.

Email is registered on lycos.com domain.
>>
>>51599034
Fuck me these things are pricey as fuck.
But then again you get what you pay for
>>
I just bought a domain name. I wanted to use it instead of my IP for things like FTP and SSH.
I've already port-forwarded.
Can I do that? What do I google?
>>
How important is an SSD for gaming?
>>
>>51599129
yes you can.
set the A record in your domain zone file to your IP.
>>
I'm building my second computer. I want to switch over the harddrive so I don't have to reinstall all my shit/OS. Can I just connect it? If not, whats a good way to transfer/backup all my stuff?
>>
>>51599123
>cant get past the activation screen
That means you tried to wipe the iphone.

Your only option is to hand it to your local apple store they should be able to find/contact the owner or whever the phone is registered under
>>
>>51599161
not at all if you are patient.

load time reduced from 2 minutes to 20 seconds for me in an MMO.
>>
>>51599125
tw:reddit
/r/zeos has a decent budget guide for DACs+Amps.
>>
>>51599168
Thanks. I'm not sure what I just did, but I found something similar, and it works.
>>
>>51599191
fuck. that.

Apple cant do shit, they wont return it either.

just need to find who the owner of the number is and I should be good to go...
>>
>>51599192
Oh ok, thanks, maybe I'll add it later.
Just started to build.

>Intel Core i5-4690K

>MSI Z97

>Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

>MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V
>>
File: xcxc.png (183KB, 385x351px) Image search: [Google]
xcxc.png
183KB, 385x351px
My build:
>http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6CTNdC

Question on the PSU. Should I get a 550w seasonic gold or a 630w be quiet! bronze?
I'm obviously not going to overclock.
>>
When it comes to a 32 inch tv, is there a very noticeable difference between 720p and 1080p?
>>
>>51599342
Dont get either of them
Get a bigger brand PSU unless you need to fit under a budget then go for the seasonic gold
>>
>>51599393
yes
>>
File: fuck.jpg (585KB, 1920x825px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
585KB, 1920x825px
Why the fuck does my subwoofer not work?

Monoprice Premium 5.1 system
Pioneer VSX-520

I've tried every combination of subwoofer cable, RCA cable. Receiver SW is enabled. No test tone comes through.

Do you seriously need a Y-splitter to get the monoprice sub to work? How the fuck does it not have a mono input? I tried putting the sub cable into both the white & red plugs.

Is there some way to use the SURR BACK output instead? Tried and no signal.
>>
Opinions? Just built for running most games on high and then very heavily modding games like skyrim.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/4zjL3C
>>
Am I a CIA Nigger if I don't use Temple OS?
>>
>>51599439
Yeah, I'm on a budget. What's so bad about the seasonic compared to bigger brands like corsair though? I really have no idea
Also my computer wouldn't just occasionally turn off, because it's not higher than 600w, right?
>>
>>51599601
Well they are bigger brands for a reason.
Im not saying that smaller brands are bad, its the simple fact of reputation, you can always try to read a review on each of the PSU you intend on choosing.
>my computer wouldnt just occasionally turn of becuase not higher then 600w
No it doesnt work that way, its always good to have slighly more power then recomended.
>>
File: 1402009820525.png (2MB, 1217x960px) Image search: [Google]
1402009820525.png
2MB, 1217x960px
>>51598784
just install the first torrent you see in a VM
bam even if there's a veerus it won't infect you
>>
Why is an Apple recommended for designers? Doesn't Windows take advantage of a more powerful system spec-wise?
>>
>>51599772
Keep thinking about computers in hertz and megabytes and you will never understand apple products.
>>
>>51598463
>>51598226
This.
>>
>>51599578

>cia niggger detected
>>
Does enabling "Install from unknown sources" trip KNOX on the S6?
>>
File: 1426547579919.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1426547579919.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
I have a Beaglebone Black Seriving up a webcam stream.

The quality is shit, which is not a shocker since the BBB wasn't made for feeding a 720P frame to clients.

I have very little knowledge of this but I was thinking:

Is there any way to get a raw feed to be piped to another more powerful server that would proccess and stream the frames on my local network?

In short, BBB just captures and sends the feed over the network to another machine in charge of encoding and streaming.

I'm not even sure how to properly ask this question or where to start looking. In fact, Im not even sure if there is a solution here....

Thanks in advance if anyone else has any input on this
>>
>>51599686
Ah, thank you very much.
>>
Two questions:

1. Can I have Whatsapp on two devices using the same number?(Phone + tablet)

2. What's the absolute minimum wattage PSU for a r9 280x?
>>
>>51600094
>inb4 just get a PoE camera
but I prefer to be a thrifty poorshit that does things the difficult way. Besides a PoE camera means I have to drag my lazy ass up a ladder.
Anyway, this is starting to become a mini blog post
>>
What's the best way to assign custom notification tones for each contact on Cyanogenmod?

I want to set it so some of my contacts from work have unique ringtones when they insist on texting me, rather than calling like an adult.
>>
>>51591205
Have you ever read an e-book all the way through, but bought the physical copy afterwards anyway?

Sort of like chopping off a kings head and saying "yeah I did that".
>>
>>51591205
what should I purchase with $50?
>>
File: halp.png (346KB, 1595x1016px) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
346KB, 1595x1016px
What the fuck is this file. i basicly have 0 space left on my harddrive but i dont know how to delete the used space
>>
>>51599772
they lead consumer demand for accurately calibrated screens, higher dpis and wider viewing angles.

But since the PC market caught up there's virtually no reason to choose a Mac over a PC for design.
>>
>>51600276
It's a big ass .mov file

Left-click it and do ctrl-E to see where it is on the drive.
>>
I remember back in the day when we made the transition from dial-up to DSL, the folks at the ISP said that DSL was better than cable because if too many people are using the cable at once (like in a community I guess?) then the speeds would suffer. However I have never heard anyone with a cable connection complaining because it was a rainy day and too many people were at home using their cable internet connection.

Was there at one point some truth to the ISP words or was it always just complete bullshit DSL propaganda?
>>
recommend android tablet for 5 years old. he loves to game. under €100 preferably.

is this possible?
>>
>>51600403
>buying a tablet for a fucking 5 year old

buy him a decade old gameboy advance sp with pokemon or some shit. or a ball.
>>
>>51600276

>.mov [] QuickTime Movie

Says right there genius
>>
>>51600403
>loves to game
>wants to buy a device that has no games
Buy him a 3ds
>>
>>51600351
>>51600440
The slightly darker yellow are .MOV files
as you can see at the right there are only 50G of .mov anyway
>>
>>51600504
Well why not do what I said then?

Ctrl-E, show us where it is on the drive
>>
>>51600351
Its not a .mov file, and its not a File on the drive.
>>
>>51600519
You cant. because its not a file. any option is grayed out
>>
Currently building a gaming PC and upon start up my graphics card doesn't work. Not even the fan is spinning, but you can feel it heat up. What did I do wrong? Also nothing appears on the monitor.

Specs:
CPU-AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
RAM-Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866
GPU-Gigabyte Radeon R7 370 2GB WINDFORCE 2X Video Card
Motherboard-Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3
PSU-XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
>>
Just bought a lumia 925 for $40 as a backup to my primary phone. Can some one point me in the right direction to unlock it for free? OR is there an easier option since it was locked under t-mobile and I have a MetroPCS SIM? (T-MOBILE subsidiary )
>>
how effective is a password algorithm compared to using a password manager like keepass?
>>
>>51600546
Is could be swap file, hibernate file or system restore points.

Check their sizes in your Windows settings

Could also be recovery data for factory restore option, if your computer was prebuilt
>>
>>51600611
>password algorithm
a wat?
>>
>>51600471
>>51600422
andoid games are fine for him now. he mostly plays temple run's kind of games and LEGO shit. also he loves minecraft clone and badlands.
>>
>>51600637
a personal password algorithm. rather than memorizing 20+ passwords, you just memorize the algorithm and change it per site.
>>
>>51600618
Neither. it may be space filled by some kind of partition sofware.
>>
>>51600660
can you give me an example of such a program that does this?
>>
>>51600782
you don't use a program, you memorize the short algorithm in your brain and change it per site. So in the end, you only have to memorize one thing: the algorithm.
>>
>>51600782
MiniTool Partition
>>
Should i get a hdd or usb drive for storing items?
>inb4 redundancy
>>
File: reloading shotgun.gif (3MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
reloading shotgun.gif
3MB, 384x288px
>>51591205
Is veracrypt the best choice for a consumer for encryption?
>>
File: 1443389928371.gif (14KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1443389928371.gif
14KB, 416x416px
Is there a way to use my phone's 4G to connect my desktop to the internet
>>
>>51600831
But what does the algorithm do?
give me an example, step by step
I'm really struggling to understand this
>>
>>51601015
USB HDD imo
>>
>>51591205
Does anyone actually like material design?
>>
>>51601194
Are you fucking serious?
Is there not a way?
>>
whst is the best game engine for a fast paced fps? im leaning towards id tech 3
>>
>>51601194
tether
>>
Is there a decent file explorer on the Fire TV store? The only functional one I see is ES and I don't want that shit on my devices.

I need a way to browse videos, images, etc from my servers SMB share. I could use plex but I'd rather play the files directly using a file manager and player like I do on android devices.
>>
File: LG G3 as modem.jpg (29KB, 419x364px) Image search: [Google]
LG G3 as modem.jpg
29KB, 419x364px
>>51601194
It's called hotspot

Ofc you need wireless but I can't imagine how you could be asking for a wired connection
>>
>>51601015
Depends on what you mean by storing

If you're sharing files between two computers a USB HDD is more prudent

But if it's solely for backup for the desktop why would you get external? get internal for speed and much cheaper
>>
>>51601175
truecrypt is better

>>51600559
Could you provide a picture of the computer internals
>>
>>51600390
>(like in a community I guess?) then the speeds would suffer
That is true if the community doesn't have the infrastructure to support that many people. In today's society that is rarely the case

DSL < Cable
>>
>>51598314
Because I'm not a fuckhead who downloads random crap
>>
Does anyone know of a good debrid for 4shared?
>>
>>51601903
>truecrypt is better
How so?
>>
How can I force specific format of user input in a tkinter text box in python? For example, I just want the user to be able to edit the 0's to be numbers and have the : stay (or something like that).
>>
>>51601958
It's not.Its been compromise devs even said so and abandoned the project.Their master keys either got lost,deleted,or they got a fisa warrent.
Avoid.
>>
File: 3lTGnQn.png (2KB, 408x79px) Image search: [Google]
3lTGnQn.png
2KB, 408x79px
>>51601998
Forgot image
>>
>>51601958
Because Truecrypt was never truly proven to be unsafe to use, despite its current state
>>
File: Sony-XBR65X850C.jpg (145KB, 1500x934px) Image search: [Google]
Sony-XBR65X850C.jpg
145KB, 1500x934px
My main TV may die this year (it's an early Samsung HDTV that sort of fakes HDTV).

I went a purchased a Sony XBR65X850C TV during black friday sale to kind of store and use it when it does die, or I might just donate the half-broken but still working Samsung TV to charity and make someone's day.

I read reviews that said that on top of it's quality resolution and size, that it's the real deal (native 120hz refresh, good online abilities, etc...).

I just wanted a solid TV under 70". Did I fuck up?
>>
>>51602026
>Sony 65" 4K Ultra HD 120Hz 3D LED Android TV
Holy fuck that's more than I have
>>
Hiya /g/

I need some advice on monitors, I'm buying a 970 a 1440p card be wasted on only a 1080p monitor?
>>
I'm looking to upgrade my build soon, any suggestions for a good mid tower case that has built in dust filters?
>>
File: 1443237003240.jpg (62KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1443237003240.jpg
62KB, 500x333px
Best duplicate file finder for Windows?
>>
I just picked up another ssd and plugged it in and windows and my BIOS isn't recognizing it.

I swapped the cables around and still nothing.

wat do?
>>
>>51602452
Open diskmgmt.msc on windows and create a partition
>>
>>51591570
I'm on clover, yo
>Kinda basic tho
>>
>>51602470
it's not showing up so what am I supposed to partition?

I've had no problem adding extra drives before.
>>
>>51602436
the automagic ones all suck ass, but assuming your duplicates all have the same or simmilar names, just use everything search to find shit with the same name/simmilar name since it narrows down as you type
>>
>>51602391
speaking of buying computer stuff and this time of year, is cybermonday still a thing? I know newegg has been pushing their black friday thing pretty hard with no mention of a cybermonday so I was curious
>>
What browser should I be using
>>
>grandma gets internet explorer popup saying that malware has been detected on her system
>says dont shut down or restart the computer
>gives number where a foreign women tells her she needs to pay $300 to remove malware from her network
>installs program where said woman can control her desktop remotely, links her to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koobface

Is there ANY chance this is at all legit and not a complete scam? I can't find shit about it on google one way or the other.
>>
>>51602846
>thinking there's even a remote chance this might be legit
wth anon, there's no way in hell this could ever possibly be legit, and I don't even have to go to that website to know. first and foremost windows remote assistance is on by default so there\s no need for ms to have you install anything extra to remote control your computer, you just have to accept the connection. secondly nothing computer related that involves an indian accent is legit, and I could go on and on but you get the point right?
>>
>>51602846
It's obviously a complete scam

YOU'LL HAVE TO MAKE THE SHIT ON GOOGLE ANON
>>
Can we get a new thread?
>>
>>51602911
>>51602919
Yeah I kinda knew it in my bones I just needed to know for sure. Since she installed their program, but didn't pay them, has the damage been done anyway? Should she change all her banking info now, even if I remove it?
>>
>>51602975
they should have only had local access so unless she keeps her details in a local file or has logged in since installing that shit she should be ok, but a format and reinstall is in order cause who knows what they changed to open her up to other attacks
>>
>>51600559
>>51601903
Picture incoming, excuse the delay
>>
File: 20151129_1943292.jpg (2MB, 2993x2161px) Image search: [Google]
20151129_1943292.jpg
2MB, 2993x2161px
>>51601903
>>
File: IMG_9538.jpg (4MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9538.jpg
4MB, 4000x3000px
So my harddrive has been failing for about 2 years now.

She's a tough girl, but recently any time I try to boot my PC up it just says "missing operating system." So I think this ol' gal is done for.

I'm going to take the harddrive out and use a SATA>USB adapter and see if I can get a few of the files I didn't back up.

Here's a picture, for those of you who are interested in this kinda thing. I think the PC is from 2007 or 2008.
>>
File: IMG_9539.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9539.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>51603582
There's the culprit.
>>
>>51603604
Alright I need help removing this.

I unplugged the two cables and undid the two screws on the side but it won't budge.

What am I missing?
>>
>>51603823
there's two screws on the other side as well, depending on how your case is set up, the drive cage may unlatch and slide out, or you may have to take off the rest of the case and shit to get at the other side of it
>>
File: IMG_9543.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9543.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>51603995
Here's the other side. Holes are empty.
>>
File: IMG_9542.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9542.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>51603995
>>51604040
Full other side.

If you need another picture of something I can take them and post them in like 30 seconds.
>>
>>51604040
it's just stuck. see how much dust and crap is there. take a book and start to lightly tap it out
>>
File: 20151129_193931.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151129_193931.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
>>51603526
Can any of y'all tell me what I'm doing wrong or if there's something wrong with my GPU?
>>
File: IMG_9544.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9544.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>51604070
Huh, you were right, it was just stuck. Thank you anon.

Here it is, 7 years of being a trusty hard drive. Hopefully with a USB adapted I can get the few files I wasn't able to back up.

I wonder what I should do with the rest of the PC...
>>
File: IMG_9549.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9549.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>51604175
I wonder how many years I would have to wait for that dust chunk to become sentient and begin to question its own existence.
>>
File: 1448847971884.jpg (535KB, 1168x1439px) Image search: [Google]
1448847971884.jpg
535KB, 1168x1439px
>>51603526
You forgot to plug in CPU power
>>
So my laptop has an ATI mobility Radeon HD 560v and is currently fucked, because i apparently have a wrong driver installed. Now i want to install the right one, but i can't seem to even find the right driver anywhere. Please help.
>>
>>51602978
>>51602978
>>51602978
>>51602978
>>51602978
>>
>>51597315

No, the nvidia 920m is better.
>>
>>51598784

What was Lightroom 6 bundled with CS6, CS5, I might be able to link to you a mega with the installers/cracks.
>>
Hey guys, I downgraded my terrible HP laptop from windows 8 to windows 7. I have three USB ports and only one of them works now after downgrading. (the one that works is the one used with the USB stick to install windows)

I tried installing the Windows 8 drivers but its still fucked captain. Anyone know how to get these two other USB ports to work? or an alternative?
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.