[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3D printing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 301.jpg (25KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
301.jpg
25KB, 384x512px
Hey guys i have a up mini 3d printer and i have no clue what to print do you guys have any ideas????
pic related
side-note i am printing in orange ABS
>>
File: 136247865.jpg (114KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
136247865.jpg
114KB, 323x454px
>>51589574
Well why did you buy it?
>>
>>51589595
i sell stuff on ebay and i have already made all my money back on it
>>
>>51589618
Thats not really what i asked, there must be a reason why you bought it
>>
>>51589624
he just wanted to print dildos with it so he wouldn't have to risk ordering one
>>
>>51589624
besides eBay i have didn't buy it for any other purpose
>>
File: 20151128_014013.jpg (415KB, 747x996px) Image search: [Google]
20151128_014013.jpg
415KB, 747x996px
>>51589574
I only used a 3d printer once and it was to purchase a part that would normally be sourced through buying a new carburetor top.

Needless to say ABS wasn't going to hold up so I need the part in metal.
I wouldn't trust this even for anything involving stress compared to even cast production.
The left is steel using granulated steel with a bronze polish coating, it's quite porous.
The right is the original piece which the other came with as a set, snapped off.
For the near future 3D printing is still a gimmick even for top of the printers.
>>
>>51589642i have had 3 people asking me to print them dildos
>>
>>51589677
>For the near future 3D printing is still a gimmick even for top of the printers.
even for top the top of the line printers

Excuse me I've been up for about a day now.
>>
>>51589642
I see this a lot, people being afraid to buy sex toys online, i dont understand why, webshops sell these things to maybe hundreds of customers every day
>>
>>51589677
yer i do agree 3d printing quality hasn't really advanced as fast as most other technologys but they have started to come out with desktop metal 3d printers but they have really bad resolution and the prints are really easy to break
>>
>>51589574
3D print some swastikas and throw them around the local synagogue
>>
>>51589721
The only 3D metal print I would trust would be from big companies with access to top printers like Shapeways, for the same cost as a decent printer I'd rather spend on metal working equipment.
Hopefully in time though the cost of printing gets dramatically cheaper for metal print, for those who aren't willing to work with metal.
Btw I bought two of the metal pieces for 30usd ea and they've roughly have the diameter of a quarter.
>>
>>51589780
seem very pricey did you design the part or did you have them design the part?
>>
>>51589574
Print the Gentoo logo!!

Please tell me you're not a noob, OP, and that you run Gentoo on that printer.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.