[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Editor Thread -- Sublime vs Atom Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: VS.png (108KB, 765x346px) Image search: [Google]
VS.png
108KB, 765x346px
Which is better -- sublime or atom?
>>
>>51587379
Vim
>>
Sublime Text 3 is faster and has more extensions

Atom is open source and has a community of people actively contributing.

Debates about the merits of one text editor over another are retarded. use both for a week and then drop the one you don't like.
>>
>using a web browser to edit text
>>
>>51587379
Windows Notepad
>>
>>51587379
Does Sublime support real-time htm/CSS?
>>
>>51587490
>Does Sublime support real-time htm/CSS?
Do you mean live reloading of code your working on?
That has less to do with the editor you're using and more to do with the server environment you are editing code within while developing.
>>
>>51587379
Notepad++ of course

Why would you use any of those resource whores text editors?
>>
In it's current state sublime is a superior editor, give atom 9-10 months and it will be far superior to sublime because it is actively developed. Sublime is dead
>>
>not using ed

OP should just sudoku
>>
>>51587517
Why would you use Windows for programming? I mean, I guess it's passable for web development or the useless visual basic stuff, but for actual coding?
>>
>>51587553
Well, maybe because its the environment which would get you an actual job, or because the best IDE is windows only, or because its the only OS which has an actual market share...
>>
>>51587553
there are some people that are slowly making the transition from playing videogames all day to doing actual work.
>>
i found out about atom in this thread, it's pretty fucking nice up to this point
the extensions are great but buggy though, the first one i tried wouldn't compile (terminal emulator), and the second one can't open two terminals in separate tabs but that's not a problem since it will get fixed pretty quickly
>>
>>51587568
>or because the best IDE is windows only
Why would you use an IDE? If you need an IDE for your programming language and OS to be tolerable, it's actually a sign that something is wrong.
>or because its the only OS which has an actual market share...
Even the lowest figures for Linux places them equal to Windows, with Linux being slightly higher:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Public_servers_on_the_Internet
>>
File: hero-windows.png (33KB, 1143x809px) Image search: [Google]
hero-windows.png
33KB, 1143x809px
Step the fuck back plebs because the master race is here.

VISUAL

STUDIO

CODE
>>
File: Capture.png (20KB, 978x657px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
20KB, 978x657px
OP pls
>>
>>51587819
>Servers
>Market share

kek
>>
>>51587510
Are you pretending not to understand or just really are that dense?
>>
>>51589006
not him, but i don't understand what you're objecting to. the deciding factor in this question is whether your server is watching the files in question for updates and prompting the browser to reload upon changes. That's totally unrelated to the editor (unless the editor is suffering from feature/scope creep).
>>
>>51587568
>ending sentences with only
Confirmed for Indian
>>
>>51589203
>confusing clauses for sentences
confirmed for indian
>>
>>51587379
not sure about windows, but Atom shits itself on OS X with large text files.
>>
>>51589241
atom shits itself with large files in general. it's basically a browser, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that it struggles with large files. It's also not likely to get any better in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>51588059
>blatantly bypassing the wordfilter
baka desu senpai
>>
>>51589241
it shits itself on windows too
>>
>>51587921
like everything from M$ you must agree with that editor's collecting of data. Its ridicilous. Also its written in htm/css/js just like atom piece of shit.
>>
>>51589306
>M$
so edgy!
>>
>>51589317
yeah I like to be cool and down with the edginess
also have fedora on my dick
>>
>Visual Studio
>Good
It's shit without ReSharperâ„¢.
Clion is pretty good for C and C++ and available on *nix systems.
>>
>>51588059
The fuck is this?
>>
>>51589431
it's a screenshot, dummy.
>>
>>51589439
Asking what the program is.
>>
>>51589507
MS Word
>>
none
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.