[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The botnet is over.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

Historic day /g/uys. You're safe now. You can close the incognito browser..

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/28/us/nsa-ends-bulk-phone-surveillance/index.html
>>
>>51586870
wow holy shit snowden won
>>
>>51586870
>ends
>>
Not even close. They created a separate data collection bill and rushed it through congress a few months ago. The data collection continues also this only applies to landline phones.
>>
>>51586931
>Landline phones
So this literally only affects baby boomers, who most likely already thought that the data collection was a-ok because "muh terrorism".
>>
http://i.imgur.com/kkMFIQJ.gif
>>
>The U.S. intelligence community on Sunday will cease its bulk collection of telephone metadata.
The keyword being "its". Data will still be collected, just "technically" not by them.
>>
>>51586948
Not even. The "USA Freedom Act" basically renewed the data collection, the only difference is now the data collection is handled by the phone companies and the NSA is supposed to get a warrant to access the information. The NSA has abused warrants in the past by getting a warrant that covers "every subscriber under company X". That's not legal but no one is watching what they're doing with the secret courts they get to use.
>>
File: 1422064353726.png (31KB, 688x558px) Image search: [Google]
1422064353726.png
31KB, 688x558px
>>51587033
So it literally does nothing.
OK then.
>>
>>51587033
Exactly.

Plus, companies like AT&T, who willingly let the NSA mirror all of their traffic, will turn over the data without a warrant or even a request.
Mass surveillance isn't going anywhere, even if it needs to. The NSA is actually collecting so much data it can't process it all, and good old fashioned police work has exponentially better results.
>>
>>51587070
If there was any sort of oversight in the issuing of warrants then it could plausibly do some sort of good but that flaw doesn't seem to have been addressed so expect things to continue like before.
>>
>>51586870
>they stop phone surveillance

oh, so it's basically nothing
>>
>>51586959

nice reddit post anon
>>
>>51586959
>linking to an image
>on an imageboard
>>
>it wasnt a rumor
>they admit to it by saying they've stopped
>they're lying about stopping, they've just upped the spying
>"weve found everone we need to find cause we've scanned every phone ever made and backdoored every phone ever"
>>
>>51586959
what the actual fuck is wrong with you?
>>
This also says nothing about the literal recordings of every phone call that they store.
Hell, even if that was ended, there's also the equivalent program the FBI runs.
>>
File: kkMFIQJ.gif (909KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
kkMFIQJ.gif
909KB, 245x285px
>>51586959
>http://i.imgur.com/kkMFIQJ.gif
>>
>>51586870
>implying
>>
>>51586870
Sure they end it.

Sure.

lol.

>still monitors everything that happens in the internet because they're connected to the sea cables and shit
>>
>>51586870

This is just a sham to fool people not keeping up with this stuff. They haven't ended anything, just moving shit around and calling it something else like always.
>>
tomorrow:
>NSA feigns data collection cancellation to bait fags into communicating in the clear
>>
>>51586870
>phone calls
Lol deprecated technology who cares.
>>
thoughts? 1/2
>>
thoughts? 2/2
>>
>>51586870
They already lied about having stopped something in the past.
>>
>>51587071
I agree, it's a grand time to be white my friend.
>>
>>51587071
Isn't xKeyscore very good at finding trends and items of interest though?
>>
>>51588227
>doesn't have toxic
>doesn't have antox
SHIT LIST CONFIRMED

*TOX has all of these
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.