[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15 /11/27/apple-rumored-to-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/11/27/apple-rumored-to-ditch-headphone-jack-on-iphone-7-for-lightning-connector-audio

Good idea or bad idea?
>>
I find it a little hard to believe. this would be a huge break from an extremely well-entrenched standard.

They could also stand to make iPhones thicker and put bigger batteries in there. Imagine if they debuted a smartphone that had 2 or 3 times the running time of other smartphones.

I think the article also talks about shipping with a converter. That seems wrong to me. My hunch is that Apple would ship headphones that take advantage of the new standard if at all possible, so you'd see iPhones shipping with headphones that do something that they couldn't do with just the headphone jack.
>>
phone will be thinner finally
>>
>proprietary headphone jack

fucking jews seriously
>>
I could see it happening since they own beats.
>>
File: apple-patent-jpg[1].jpg (101KB, 600x473px) Image search: [Google]
apple-patent-jpg[1].jpg
101KB, 600x473px
>>51585403
No going to happen there is a reason they patented the half headphone jack.
>>
>>51585403
>this annoys the EU
>>
>>51585403
So you won't be able to listen to music while charging your phone, you'll have to wait until the battery is done charging and disconnect the charger so then you can plug in the headphones. Nice design.
>>
>>51585909
why not just have 2 lightning ports for double charging or listening to music and charging

shit senpai we could even connect iphones desu
>>
It would piss a lot of people off desu
>>
>>51585928
This is Apple you're talking about, they want minimalism. Just look at the new macbook, they will just leave it with one port.
>>
>>51585909
Yet apple fanboys will defend it because "You aren't meant to do x while charging your device so it's not a design flaw" like they did with the single port macbook and bottom port mouse.
>>
Great idea.
Now they can charge $100 for Apple branded headphones and charge royalty fees to anybody who wants to compete with them, or simply flat out deny them from being able to produce competing goods.
Fucking ultra jews
>>
>>51585850
so they'll adopt a plug that requires it to be inserted the right way? that seems sketchy to me.
>>
One port into the phone.
One port out of the phone.

Just like your butts.
>>
File: 1310950854918.png (217KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1310950854918.png
217KB, 500x500px
>$59.99 headphone adapter
>>
>>51585403
Zero advantages over Bluetooth audio devices with the disadvantage of adapters for standad 3.5mm headphones.
>>
>>51586024
>Now they can charge $100 for Apple branded headphones and charge royalty fees to anybody who wants to compete with them, or simply flat out deny them from being able to produce competing goods.
But they won't, judging by their track record. Doubt it? Look in the $2 shops for iPod/iPhone leads/chargers. Apple depends on a 3rd party supply line for accessories.
>>
>They will charge you $30 for an adapter or $200 for a wireless set of buds ($300 for the over ear cans) that only works on Apple gear.
>>
>>51586939
>when in the presence of other non apple phones, it will give the user a screeching noise to condition them to hate their non apple peers
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.