[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for something to fufill my emulator needs, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: file.jpg (38KB, 1280x667px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
38KB, 1280x667px
I'm looking for something to fufill my emulator needs, and this is looking pretty tempting. The 200 pricetag is kinda heavy though. What's your guys' favorite android tv? Anything better suited just for emulating ps1 and dreamcast?
>>
Nvidia shield portable
>>
>>51584653
Had one but the ribbon cable broke, the triggers started acting weird and it generally stopped working. Now they're like 260 on ebay. I enjoyed it when I had it though.
>>
If your goal is to have these games on your tv, just figure out how to get an hdmi cable from your pc to your tv and get a wireless usb controller.
>>
And if you want to keep things hella simple, check out Lakka.tv
>>
>>51584571
Even Android phones from 2 years ago can emulate PS1 games. Dreamcast emulation kinda suck because of shit emulator but it's not really that resource heavy. For these you could use an older Android phone or probably even a raspi 2 could handle it
The only resource heavy emulation I have ran into is PSP emulation. The emulator has an amazing UI BTW, I use ppsspp.
>>
>>51587434
Pretty much this.
Use your old phone and a Bluetooth controller, it should be powerful enough for most games. Pretty much a gs3 and onwards I think, should be fine.
Also, install custom kernel and overclock the fuck out of it for better performance.
>>
I have one ordered for media playing, game streaming, and as a dedicated emulation machine. I really want to fuck around with Dolphin even if it's not entirely full-speed. It's really fucking portable for a TV console.
Definitely don't just get it for weak console emulation though, it's incredibly overkill. Also see if you can still get them for 50 bucks off, that's what made me pull the trigger.
>>
>>51587434
PPSSPP runs damn good, other emulators aren't as thoughtfully coded
>>
You could have gotten a nexus player for $25-$40 from countless deals in the past month that does the same thing and it won't inevitably be recalled for spontaneous combustion in a year.
>>
>>51584571

The coolest direction you can take this in is to massage your emulator-based games into Steam Big Picture by launching them with the proper command line arguments. You can even get custom banners.

You can even use a Steam Link to avoid keeping a PC in your living room.
>>
>>51588703
>steam link
hold on, that works for emulators? If it does, my life has been changed.
>>
>>51588726

It works for whatever you have in the Steam Library of the computer you're connected to. That includes non-Steam games you've added.

Look around here, get some ideas:

http://steambanners.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list
>>
>>51588755
Does it work well over wi-fi?
>>
>>51587368
>Lakka

I could never get this shit to launch, I always got errors when trying to install it
>>
>>51587368
Fuck Lakka man, installed that bitch on two different computers and both count launch a single ROM or have working audio. Plus the XMB style interface is nice for a bit but then its a pain in the ass trying to get Roms on it.
>>
>>51588826

Your mileage may vary. It's best if you have wireless-AC.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.