[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>http://www.adek.com/ATX-motherboar ds.html Fucking why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Exploding Computer 04-15-05 030.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Exploding Computer 04-15-05 030.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>http://www.adek.com/ATX-motherboards.html

Fucking why?
>>
yeah why
>>
Also ITT things that make you say "fucking why?"
>>
>>51579265
>what is legacy hardware and software
>>
>tripfags
Why?
>>
>>51579322
I S A
S
A

I understand legacy PCI but why fucking ISA?
>>
The answer is always "industry". Someone's CNC, or injection molding machine, or waterjet, or laser sign cutter, requires an ISA card to make use of the Windows 98-only software and buying new infrastructure would cost millions, so they'll pay through the nose for backwards compatible hardware.
>>
>>51579366
C H E C K
>>
>>51579366
>windows 98 software

These are 64-bit platforms, windows 98 couldn't even use this.
>>
>>51579356
L E G A C Y
E
G
A
C
Y

They bought their stuff decades ago for millions, if not billions. It still works, so why update?

>>51579387
Are you an expert in legacy maintenance?
>>
>>51579265
Because there are industrial controllers out there that were made and built as PCI spec; and the management at the manufacturer was too fucking cheap to shell out for a new board design. This is all too common with teleco-related installs, OP. A LOT of boards are still PCI based despite them being long, long gone. That and there were installations over a decade ago that still have usable cards in them, but the PC is too slow or underpowered, so they need to upgrade the board/processor. Of course, the card in question is some specific build that controls a $300,000 piece of equipment and if it ever dies the owner of said equipment is fucked during downtime until the manufacturer can air-ship a new card in. So you get shit like this, mobos with either PCI or (gawd forbid) ISA slots, all in the name of backwards compat.
>>
>>51579387
You should Google before you make shit threads you attention where.
>>
>>51579456
:^)

I also stated this was a thread to post things that you have a similar reaction to.
>>
>>51579356
Industrial machinery is remarkably expensive and remarkably long lasting if cared for. For example, the match-grade rifle barrel making company Krieger uses rifling machines from the 1930s.
>>
What is an ISA card?
>>
>>51579593
It's like PCI, but not
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.