[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/s thoughts on signal ? https://whispersystems.org/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: signal.png (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
signal.png
17KB, 300x300px
/g/s thoughts on signal ?

https://whispersystems.org/
>>
It's great, secure, user-friendly free software. But it has one fatal flaw; it only functions on a phone with Google play services, you can't use it if you want your phone liberated and/or de-googled. Very unfortunate.
>>
Great but noone uses it
>>
dumb gapps dependency.

don't give me the crap that it needs for one function. it is enough that i can't even use the app after install because i don't have gapps in my phone.
>>
One of the devs is a cutie
>>
>>51579039
This. Also sound quality could be improved, as well as media upload size. But other than that, it's a great instant messaging application.
>>
>>51578999
It shouldn't require you to have a phone number to register, fucking stupid.
>>
>>51578999
>>51579039
>>51579285
>>51579471
samefag
>>
File: shitlords.png (711KB, 1357x929px) Image search: [Google]
shitlords.png
711KB, 1357x929px
Where is the diversity? They 4/6 are straight white males. I don't see a single trans person and there is only one (probably extremely privileged) marginalized race.

They are the cancer destroying the tech industry.
>>
File: tard.png (1KB, 102x78px) Image search: [Google]
tard.png
1KB, 102x78px
>>51579526
>>
>>51578999
It's a good program for easy encryption. I got a few drug dealers to use it.
>>
>>51579601
nice false flag.
>>
>>51578999
>needs a phone number
>needs gapps
It's fucking trash.
>>
File: _20151128_221914.jpg (116KB, 1080x1188px) Image search: [Google]
_20151128_221914.jpg
116KB, 1080x1188px
mongoloid
>>
>>51578999
Use real encrypion messenger like Telegram.I used it to fool the NSA.Too bad that faggot ex-commie deleted my telegram group.
>>
>>51578999
>fake quotes to advertise a product
>>
The hardest part to get to function is normies adopting it. It's useless if only you use it.
>>
>>51579843
>Telegram
>Real crypto
Pick one.
>>
>>51579039
well if it's open source where's the botnet-free fork?
also, does it use play for something? it should work with the xposed spoofer
>>
>>51580017
The secret chat ticks all the boxes in the EFF scorecard.
>>
>>51580107
I'm well aware, but it's using its own invented crypto, which is always a huge red flag. I'm sure they got some smart math PhDs on the job, but as their cryptography isn't tested by time yet you shouldn't rely on any self invented crypto.
>>
File: One-Plus-One.jpg (121KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
One-Plus-One.jpg
121KB, 1600x900px
anyway to make whisperpush on the one plus one with CM work with the signal app?
inb4 shit phone.
>>
>>51580017
>Overcoming NSA
What we did
>Complaining about NSA on a chink site
What you do all day
>>
>>51580166
This is literally just Moxie's scare tactic.He don't want others to get away from his crypto.
>>
>>51580166
The only person who complained about the crypto is moxie and seeing how android fags always try compete each other out you can't seriously use this as an argument.Other than Moxie everyone else approves this crypto.
>>
>>51580206
Not a Moxie scare tactic. It's a general rule of thumb within the crypto world. Cryptography is a very tricky business with a lot of pitfalls. Some examples: https://cryptocoding.net/index.php/Coding_rules
>>
>>51580186
>>51579843
You're getting your asses handed to you by Anonymous though.
>>
>>51578999
I have it installed but I have only a single contact who also uses it.
My best friend (a CS major) refuses to even try out signal for a while because
>hurr everyone's on whatsapp and I'm not going to install an extra app just to communicate with you
>>
>>51580069
It 'needs' Google Cloud Messaging to basically push an order for you to fetch a message from Moxie's server.

Moxie clearly has a hardon for Google for some unknown reason - Telegram and Conversations can both hold a connection with minimal battery drain.

Oddly the forked WebSocket version murders battery.
>>
>>51580355
>he fell for the anonymoose meme
don't you know kids are not allowed here.
>>
>>51581700
So what are you still doing here
>>
>>51579073
true
there is no point in using it if the other party doesn't have it
>>
>>51580772
>Oddly the forked WebSocket version murders battery.
Probably because if you open a WebSocket your device won't sleep until it is closed.

Most likely they wanted to make a timely update system so you get messages promptly and decided it was easier to make use of Google's push service which is already present and managing other push events rather than creating another one which would just mean your device wakes up more often.

It is open source so maybe someone can write a replacement that won't murder battery life so they can move away from it.
>>
>>51580069
SMSsecure on F-Droid
It's a fork off of back when Signal was called Textsecure and had encrypted SMS instead of encrypted MMS.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.