[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GoLang Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: space-gohper_02.jpg (382KB, 1280x873px) Image search: [Google]
space-gohper_02.jpg
382KB, 1280x873px
Talk and speak about the language. Who writes in Go? What's your opinion about this language?

I'm currently writing a little framework for cli based apps.And i'm loving it.This language has good tool support and makes me very productive.Coming from a heavy C programming background, i don't like that the language doesn't allow you to explicitly manage your memory.But from the 1.5 update on the GC makes this language very good.
Also i had programmed in c++/java/php and javascript.And fell in love with how simple si to build network applications and concurrent stuff.
>>
cool desu
>>
>>51578801
What use does it have? Why would you want to go out and relearn a new language when you can just use C# with world class IDE.
>>
>>51579652
If c# make you more productive and you can mantain the code written in c# it's ok.But if you consider it cluter,bloted like java go to GoLang it's much more nicer code and not code like class MyFoo : MyBar, MyDick, YourDick { //code } it's much more nicer to just type Myfoo struct {} and if you want to implement just interface just Write with the same name the method it's implements all the other interfacer automatically
>>
Golang is an opinionated piece of shit that will never be widely used.
There are about zero jobs for it and whatever idea you'd like to implement could be easier implemented in other languages.
It's like Apples Swift, but unlike Swift it doesn't have a hoard of app developers behind itself.
It will always be irrelevant.
>>
>>51579948
yeah, tell docker,google,soundcloud,dropbox this.
>>
i wrote some cli tools and utility libraries for ipv4 related stuff with it
im also working on a simple web based game atm where i use golang for the backend

it's nice and simple, it's good that we have atleast one modern language which considers simplicity as its main design factor
obviously that simplicity makes some things more verbose, but at the same time you've got an easy time to just jump into an existing codebase.
you don't get the feeling that all programmers use a different subset of the language
>>
I've made a few things in go. Daemons and command line tools.

It's very nice, productive, often fun to use.

Rob Pike is my hero.

>>51578801
>I'm currently writing a little framework for cli based apps
this sounds useless why are you making useless garbage I hate you why don't you make a program that actually does something faggot
>>
>>51580141
Very good point ma` friend!
>>
>>51580215
Because i'm a faggot that will help people in the future to develop cli base tools more easily?
>>
File: FgdKzqxb.jpg (18KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
FgdKzqxb.jpg
18KB, 160x160px
>>51580215
What a stupid faggot.
>>
its not bad
except for not having generics is kinda annoying at times.
>>
File: golang.png (69KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
golang.png
69KB, 600x600px
I don't care about generics, i'm satisfied with the reflection packet shit.
>>
>>51578801
>Who writes in Go?
The developers I work with.
>What's your opinion about this language?
I wish it would fuck off. This 'microservice' bullshit too. Good job Chris, you just broke our working fax processing system into four different programs communicating in fucking json, entirely on the basis of this mock-Unix bullshit being easier to manage than our old well-written Python solution. Because that's exactly what we needed - our infrequent bug reports devolving into a fucking game of where's Waldo of psuedo-services.
>>
>>51580350
Who sad you can't integrate all the code just in one service?!
>>
>>51580372
Hacker News visiting fucks who think it's bad design for one program to do more than one thing well.
>>
>>51580514
faggots !
>>
>>51580514
Hacker News didn't invent basic principles of software engineering, and that opinion existed here since a long time ago.
>>
>>51580574
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/57149536.jpg
>>
>>51580649
>Posting URLs to images on an imageboard.

I no longer value anything further you have to say.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.