[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are the people responsible for the death of firefox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 32

File: arrogance.png (250KB, 866x743px) Image search: [Google]
arrogance.png
250KB, 866x743px
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1137252

short version:
the user doesn't get to decide his own settings
>>
I like the healthreport though. There's no problem as long as the data isn't being transmitted. This is a non issue compared to all the other retarded shit that mozilla has been doing like killing the panorama which was quite possibly the best feature in the browser.
>>
The worst part will be the death of real addons.
>>
File: 4.jpg (30KB, 545x129px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
30KB, 545x129px
Yeah sure, so when an update comes they can put the switch back to "send telemetry" and suddenly they have months worth of data on the user.

You think I'm joking? Not the first time they did this, see pic related.

They just put in two switches.
>oh you didn't disable both?
>I'm sorry now we colect regardless telling us to back off
>>
>>51577665
Their tracking is the reason why they want to kill features now that are rarely used.

Just because they are rarely used doesn't man they are bad.

I will miss the in browser ftp client. Next I need another bloated extension just to view the contents of a server.
>>
>muh pings
>>
>>51577744
IE and Windows Explorer both have FTP :^)
>>
File: 1.jpg (92KB, 597x229px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
92KB, 597x229px
>>51577749
>he thinks it's just a ping
It's 613 lines nicely tagged with a unique ID and data about your hardware, even the hard disk and firmware.
>>
Nobody cares!
>>
File: doritos.png (292KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
doritos.png
292KB, 600x339px
>>51577867
Oh I completely forgot, neo/g/ doesn't care about anymore about the Bill of Rights (and 14th Amendment) Provisions Relating to the Right of Privacy.

It's all consumer reviews, battlestations, waifu desktop threads and headphones generals. Sucks to be a tool.

Well, bye.
>>
>>51577825
>Samsun
pffhaha
>>
>>51577895
>spouting the neo/g/ meme
>>
>>51578060
nice meme, the id has limited character space, you know
>>
>>51578098
>>51578085
>everything is a meme
>>
Go fuck yourself. They are doing a damn good job with THEIR software. Use it or gtfo, don't you tell that you know what their future should be.
>>
File: death.jpg (197KB, 894x615px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
197KB, 894x615px
>>51578274
>don't you tell that you know what their future should be
Not him, but their inevitable future is death. Better switch to Chromium or Vivaldi now. I don't care where I'm on as long as uBlock Origin works.

As you sow, so you shall reap, Mozilla.
>>
>>51577707
Goddammit firefox is dead.
What are the alternatives?
>>
>>51577744
Plus, when "rarely used" means 5% of your userbase when you have a userbase of billions doesn't really mean "unused", it would be like developing a programming languages that's not turing complete because conditionals are rarely used (footnote: among our testsample composed of 99% people who have not written a line more than hello world!)
>>
>>51578442
A fork of Firefox like Palemoon (created by a furfaggot) or Comodo Dragon (spy free Chrome by shills of security software).

And then again Vivaldi if you care enough, created by an former Opera guy.
>>
>>51578445
complete themes are kill soon
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1222546

and tab groups will be killed as well
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1222550

so with ftp, xul and everythin else gone it will use webextensions as of dec 2016 and be a glorified chrome copy, have fun
>>
>>51578570
>botnetvadi
At least suggest otterbrowser you fucking shill.
>>
>>51577620
>>51578615
How comes the same asshole from the OP pic is in all three bugzilla reports
making retarded suggestions how to cripple their browser until it's useless?
>>
File: shot0007.jpg (28KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
shot0007.jpg
28KB, 720x304px
>>51578412
>Better switch to Chromium or Vivaldi now.
>Open-Source browser that uploads proprietary botnet versions of itself to trusted repositories.
>Closed-source browser
>>
>>51578615
I jumped ships to palemoon a long time ago. Feels like what a modern FF should be.
>>
>>51577620
SJW BOTNET, literally worse than Chrome
>>
>>51578642
Guess I use the furfaggot fork then.
>>
>>51578615
Wait FTP is kill? Fuck I actually use that..
>>
Is Iceweasel immune to any of these retarded changes?
>>
>>51578646
Do you still have to fake the useragent so you can use all youtube features properly?

Why is google so mad?

>>51578671
>Wait FTP is kill? Fuck I actually use that..
Not yet! It may take a few versions, probably mid next year, who knows?
>>
File: Esr-release-overview.png (13KB, 832x384px) Image search: [Google]
Esr-release-overview.png
13KB, 832x384px
>>51577620
I hope Firefox ESR 45 will still be usable and then I migrate to it to have peace for 12 months and still get security updates.
>>
Who do I blame for fixing the 'bug' where users could push escape in order to stop gifs?
>>
>>51578717
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=825486
>>
>>51578717
Mozilla HQ
1488, Misogyny avenue
LISTEN, Believe
United States of Kekoldica
>>
>>51578098
So why not Samsng?
>>
Daily reminder that qupzilla aka best browser exists.

http://www.qupzilla.org/
>>
>>51578627
>>51578570
Why do people call Vivaldi botnet.

I just need the fastest browswer that allows bookmarks and hs good security.
>>
>>51578827
how hard is it to get ublock running there?
>>
>>51578793
>slow
>the bloatest
>doesn't even render all pages right
>used webkit
>now uses blink
Palemoon or bust.
>>
>>51578846
try it yourself you dumb fucking nigger
it's a chromium fork, it shouldn't be that hard
get stuck? google it
don't ask /g/ to spoonfeed you everything
>>
>>51578827
>why do people call botnets "botnet"?
What's your salary?
>>
>>51578877
can I get nonmeme response ;_;
>>
>>51578869
Gee gramps don't pop your arteries over nothing, I get every extension _should_ work out of the box there as well. Okay...
>>
>>51578894
Is it per post or per hour?
>>
>>51578945
i just want to know why you call vivaldi botnet anon
>>
>>51579096
Is it a fulltime job or do you need to have another job to make a living on it?
>>
All them bitches screaming "chrome botnet chrome botnet" now where's your fucking god

You shouldn't have given up on a better browser just because yours -was- safe.
>>
So it saves diagnostic information but never transmits it so it's not really telemetry anymore it's just a log. Pretty sure firefox isn't the only application to save crash logs
>>
>>51579164
>So it saves diagnostic information but never transmits it so it's not really telemetry anymore it's just a log. Pretty sure firefox isn't the only application to save crash logs

read >>51577707
>>
>>51578905
>beta software
>expecting everything to work properly
hurr durr
>>
>>51579381
The beta is currently the only version that gives you not the pants on head retarded warning:

YOU ARE USING YOUTUBE IN FULLSCREEN
YOU CAN PANIC EXIT WITH ESCAPE
>>
>about.config
>Set telemetry reporting to false (twice)
>Set telemetry saving to false
>Set telemetry gathering to false
>Change the URL the telemetry to a local address

Fuck you too Mozilla.
>>
>>51579434
>now saves telemetry info regardless
>now spies on you regardless CONFIRMED
>implying it didn't before
>>
>>51579434
you forgot to turn off this:
toolkit.telemetry.unified to false

also
datareporting.healthreport.uploadEnabled to false
datareporting.policy.dataSubmissionEnabled to false
datareporting.policy.dataSubmissionEnabled.v2 to false
>>
The telemetry data is saved in your local files in plain view and they specifically tell you about the function on first run so you can disable it. They're not doing a very good job of secretly recording people.
>>
>>51579501
I set every data/telemetry/botnet switch there was to false.

>>51579525
>tell you about the function on first run so you can disable it
You can't disable it. That's the point.
>>
>>51579525

again, read >>51577707
>>
>>51579552
Did you read the bug log? It's so future user tools can fix their own shit. They record and persist the data for the functionality of those tools.
>>
>>51579552
>You can't disable it.
According to the bug report you could previously and you still can disable the actual reporting back so the logs are kept for your own usage.

>Windows has saved logs of crashes/BSODs and what hardware is plugged in
>Microsoft is going to start suggesting me norton anti-virus and sending me ads for nvidia graphics cards!
>>
Maybe if they hadn't dropped the inventor of the most popular web programming language in the world as CEO to appease SJWs they wouldn't be so fucked.
>>
>turning ff into a webshit based browser
disgusting
>>
>>51579631
They will still use gecko/servor for rendering, not webkit.

But they are going to kill XUL and replace extensions with webextensions. So expect no more complex addons anymore at all. You get the same function limited addons as chrome.
>>
>>51578684
I think so, about:healthreport isn't available on Iceweasel.
>>
>>51579602
>so the logs are kept for your own usage
I don't need a folder with 700 logs about what hard drives, graphic cards and addons I use.

Because I run the damn system and know my hardware and software.

Why are you shilling so hard? Mozilla is just wet for my data, a few months and updates later they turn it back on and grab all of it.
>>
>>51577620
How bad are the forks like Palemoon or Waterfox?
>>
>>51579721
>waterfox
>fork
Was thinking it just used a different compiler.

With Palemoon however you got an old UI so not all extensions, especially those relying on the new australis will bug. But I never ran into one of them 2bh.
>>
>>51579696
Firefox interacts with the hardware so those logs are useful for keeping Firefox working. For instance a while back Mozilla had to push out an update that addressed an issue that only affected specific models of Intel GPUs+a specific driver version. They needed that hardware information to track down the bug then they sent out an update that disabled the usage of the driver. The only way firefox can find out what you're using is to probe the hardware and since hardware doesn't change often it helps to make a log of it rather than constantly probing the hardware at run time.
>>
>>51579606
What you're saying is funny because Javascript at the very beginning was pure shit.
>>
>>51578570
>A fork of Firefox like Palemoon (created by a furfaggot)
What does it matter if he's a furrie?
>>
>>51579865

Javascript used to be shit. It still is, but it used to be, too.
>>
>>51579830
The point here was, if you can disable the sending of data, why save it on the harddisk of the user at all?

Yes yes I know they think they are clever and may use it regardless in the future. Use it against the will of the user.
>>
>>51578687
What YouTube features can't you use? This is the first I'm gearing of this.
>>
>>51579830
That's what voluntary bug reports are for. Fuck that, it's shady and I don't like it and as a user I should be able to permanently disable any and all telemetry collecting.
>>
File: sweden programmer.png (792KB, 1040x873px) Image search: [Google]
sweden programmer.png
792KB, 1040x873px
>>51579879
nothing, but he seems a little bit obsessed about it

well we can look past that if he is a good programmer
>>
>>51579769
So Waterfox is the same shit with another icon?
>>
>>51579663
Bullshit. Mozilla has stated that they are retaining certain unique features of XUL and XPCOM for WebKit API to differentiate it from Chrome.
>>
>>51579937
>past
>>
>>51579938
they promise 64bit support and better speed on intel processors
>>
>>51579906
>if you can disable the sending of data, why save it on the harddisk of the user at all?
Because the data is still useful for Firefox and for the user even. Even if the user never sends the data out Mozilla can issue a patch to firefox that tells it to disable the usage of specific hardware or software and prevent crashes or errors. The log is how Firefox knows what to disable.
>>
>>51579953
Then you didn't understand it, they said it will be merely a period of time where they allow such calls to be still amde by addons to give the developers time to migrate to the new system.
>>
>>51579937
it's like its been done before
>>
>>51579968
How much do they pay you for this? Also in future read my post COMPELTELY
>>
>>51579937
I've only seen other people obsessed about him being a furry. I would never have even known about it if it wasn't for /g/.
>>
>>51580001
>heterophobic
What?
>>
>>51580001
I don't care if Eich is homophobe and Pale Moon guy a furry. I all care for code.

This is why it's good that Linus takes no shit from SJW and crybabies on the Kernel Mailing list. Retroactive abortion for people who care more about political correctness than perfect code.
>>
>>51579917
Locally stored logs are not telemetry. Telemetry is remote data collection. The setting does exactly what it says it does.

>>51580007
I answered your post, the log is used to compare your configuration against the updates that Mozilla releases. If software or hardware is known to be problematic then it is disabled by default.
>>
>>51580070
read again:
I don't need a folder with 700 logs about what hard drives, graphic cards and addons I use.

If it is relevant.

IF
A BIG FUCKING IF

They can look with their tool what hardware I currently have.

CURRENTLY

And then decide if I'm affected by a bug.

If the logs are not send they are no use to them. I could havelready switched to AMD or NVIDIA or Intel for all I care when they use that "magic tool" in the future to adress to their bugs.
>>
>>51580070
>it's not telemetry
>hundreds of logs in a folder called "saved-telemetry-pings"
>>
>>51580062
that's the thing, we don't care about the personal agendas, but the SJW do and fuck it up with politics, and the politics only matter cause money
>>
>>51580144
Firefox blows a nice sum of $ 350 million a year for what exactly?

Should have gone the aggressive way and bundle their browser with installers like Chrome.

Only Google has guts to be evil.
>>
>/g/ getting mad at error reports and telemetry once again
>>
File: telemetry_activated.png (42KB, 1125x568px) Image search: [Google]
telemetry_activated.png
42KB, 1125x568px
Fight me faggots. :^)
>>
>>51580189
Nah, I'm not mad about a few MB being wasted. What drives me up the wall is the arrogance of the developers.

Well enjoy your kucked browser with no more ftp support, no more 'heavy' themes, removed tab groups and addons with less functionality.

Not 'enough' people were using those features, so they are useless. Firefox usage below 10% when?
>>
>>51580220
It doesn't anger me. There have to be people like you who support browser devs with data.

And there have to be people without adblockers who support 4chan for me to be free.

I call them useful tools.
>>
>>51580226
the guy who suggested the removal of FTP got BTFO tho.

And giving addons full control over the browser is objectively a bad idea.
>>
>>51580260
>And giving addons full control over the browser is objectively a bad idea.
You are so wrong, now that only reviewed and signed addons can be installed starting with FF43+ you cannot even get badware. Mozilla checks the code of every addon.
>>
>>51580260
>And giving addons full control over the browser is objectively a bad idea.
How so?
>giving users full control over the browser is objectively a bad idea
>>
Addressing the FUD and misinformation in this thread:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1174462
> Remove built-in support for FTP
>Status: VERIFIED WONTFIX

WONTFIX means that they're not going to do it
They're not going to remove FTP it was just some retard's RFC

You reactionary neo/g/ fucktards need to stop.

~ B. Eich
>>
This shit gets better and better by the minute:
>>51570963

they are DONE
>>
>haven't updated Windows 7 since the telemetry shit was added to it
>haven't updated Firefox beyond 39 since I heard all this shit about removing support for certain add-on APIs, requiring all add-ons to be signed, and everything else that Mozilla's been doing to it recently

Why is everything becoming so shit?

I feel like the only reasonable thing for me to do is throw out my computer and go Amish.
>>
>>51580314
Yeah! Just like there are no ads embedded in the browser itself!
>>
Talking about FTP, what is the patrician choice for FTP on Windows? Command Line, Explorer or Firefox?
>>
>>51580362
WinSCP
>>
>>51578412
Firefox isn't going to die.

Just look at that chart, Opera should have dies ages ago if popular usage were any indication.
>>
>>51580362
>>51580388
winscp portable, single exe, full sftp support over ssh
>>
>>51580323
what is that thread even trying to say? Why aren't indians range banned already?
>>
>>51579953
Shut the fuck up Mozilla apologist. With API you can never recreate as much as features like there was with Firefox 22!

Take a look at Opera, they did the same what Mozilla will do - changing engines, ending with few features, adding api!

And the end result... Opera today is a shallow self compared with the old versions!

So fuck up asshole! You know shit! You are a Chrome clone fan and just want to keep people using Chromefox! Cunt! We will never fall for the lies of the likes of you!
>>
>>51580413
It will live. But will have in the end the same meaning as Opera new - none!
>>
Iceweasel doesn't have this problem :)
>>
>>51578274
Stupid Chrome clone fans! You normies should shut the fuck up and stop polluting every software with your demands for simplicity and design!

Stupid fag! Design is garbage and simplicity is garbage! Features are important!
>>
one of the things i love but was removed was being able to click a different url when a page was loading and it will start loading that instead.
>>
>>51580510
Easy there boi, I get it you Operafags were mad when they killed your bookmarks and turned your browser into a soulless chrome husk. But you are showing your powerlevel.

It is alright to like Vivaldi, it may became the greatness Opera once had.
>>
File: 1440120716107.png (101KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
1440120716107.png
101KB, 540x675px
>>51580547
Don't even bother replying to bait, man.
>namefag
>ends every sentence with an exclamation mark
>Traditional tinfoilfag attitude

Sad how these kind of posts are common now.
>>
>>51580547
I do not like Opera. I was Firefox user. But what Mozilla does today is almost the same, 1:1 - Just wait until servo hits, and Mozilla has pulled also "an Opera" - Anyway, for this reason i use Otter-Browser now.
>>
>>51580588
>cardcrusher
I missed the days where we had real memes. Now everything is bait and dumb frogposters.
>>
>>51580588
And you are just swallowing what Googlezilla offers you! You know nothing at all normie!
>>
Who cares about Firefox, Opera or Vivaldi? The real future of browsers and especially Open Source browsers are Qupzilla, Qutebrowser or Otter-Browser. The reason why? Those devs do not allow themselves that Google or Yahoo can buy their loyalty and decide over their design decisions like they did with Opera and Mozilla. These kind of devs have still an opinion of their own and are immune to get corrupted with tons of money.
>>
File: 1445134229513.jpg (23KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1445134229513.jpg
23KB, 500x385px
>every day that passes, Google and Mozilla will continue to homogenize and shit on Web standards and browser in general

p a l e m o o n
a l e m o o n p
l e m o o n p a
e m o o n p a l
m o o n p a l e
o o n p a l e m
o n p a l e m o
n p a l e m o o
>>
File: 1447831311054.gif (483KB, 243x270px) Image search: [Google]
1447831311054.gif
483KB, 243x270px
>>51580697
I'm looking forward to Otter-Browser in particular, since it will provide TOTAL customization and NPAPI/chrome/XUL? plugin api (according to them).
>>
>>51580710
Pale Moon has no future. Otter-Browser or Qupzilla or Qutebrowser have one! They have a constantly fresh new engine almost every month. When did Pale Moon changing to the latest Gecko engine recently and ported over their old UI? That's right, not at all since a long time! In fact they are still using engine revision 24, it may be enhanced with picked features and security patches which are relevant for Pale Moon, but it is not at the level of a recent underlying Gecko revision seen feature and security wise.
>>
>>51580754
You mean the evolutionary deadend when vital functions will miss from the firefox base making a fork impossible?
>>
>>51580749
One problem with Otter, i would not keep your hopes high with add-on support. It is not sure at all if QT will add add-on support of Chromium to QTWebengine. Most likely they are lazy and will not do it. As they will also never include proper proxy support in QTWebengine and instead keep the Chromium one System proxy system.
>>
>>51580697

Just checked out otter, it looks nice, but I don't see this browser being stable for daily work use until a lot more development is done.
>>
>>51580754
>when did Palemoon change to the latest Gecko Engine
if you're not aware Palemoon runs a self-maintained fork of Gecko called Goanna.
>porting over their old UI
they have a great UI and I see no reason to change it.

I'd need proper proof to the claims that Palemoon's security patches are not at the level of Mozilla's own ability.
>>
>>51580776
No, i mean the fact that sooner or later Webpages will stop working. Pale Moon has no Javascript promises or misses added Firefox Javascript ES6/ES7 and CSS3 drafts! Many of those have been added since engine revision 24. Pale Moon has been unable to adopt most of them, or Moonchild just sees that bleeding edge drafts not necessary.

But fact stands, Webpages today need many of those features.
>>
>>51580798
The irony is that palemoon actually patches open CVEs faster than firefox.
>>
File: test.png (139KB, 1880x563px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
139KB, 1880x563px
>>51580807
He doesn't even understand what media source extensions actually do.
>>
File: 1447831907374.gif (839KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447831907374.gif
839KB, 500x500px
>>51580781
https://github.com/OtterBrowser/otter-browser/issues/42

There hasn't been a lot of progress on that lately, but the plans sound good.

It's also been quite active, they've reached their thousandth issue lately: https://github.com/OtterBrowser/otter-browser/issues/1000

>>51580786
I really feel like Otter-Browser will be a great browser after a few years. It's got good foundations and a competent developer.
>>
>>51580807
I'll give you 2/10 but only because of effort. If you had tried even just a bit less, it would have been a 0 for you.
>>
>>51580798
The engine is just renamed into Goanna for lawsuit reasons. There is still only version 24 behind which is gimped with some features and patches. Btw. i am not worried about the security patches, I am worried that the whole old engine has so many not found bugs that will never be discovered, if you constantly change engine each months, you constantly discard all possible holes. Pale Moon hasn't that advantage. The real problem is as written the missing bleeding edge draft support. That drafts are more and more common for many webdesigners, even if those are drafts only and are not at all meant for use in a productivity area. Moonchild seem to have an ideology problem. He considers that drafts not necessary in the code as long as they are not accepted as full standard. But in the meantime, that drafts are getting implemented by more and more sites, and the time that they are called standard is still a long time away.
>>
>>51578085
/g/ was never different, that was his point
>>
>>51578708
Bleeding Edge has to be the worst method of release ever
>>
>>51577825
Is there any way to purge the file at browser launch?
>>
>>51580889

You could delete the file, create a new one with the same name, and give it only read permissions.
>>
>>51580880
[fudding intensifies]
Come back when firefox has date and time field supports in html5, like palemoon has had for years.
>>
>>51580848
>CVEs
that's not the only bug you know, and not even the most important one
>>
>>51580908
It will create another file with a sequential name higher than the previous file, so no.
>>
>>51580885
The problem is more that people implement that drafts instead of waiting that they are called standard. If there are developers who refuse to add them to their product, then they are at a slight disadvantage. And as many of those drafts are maintained developed and implemented by Google, it makes the whole thing even more problematic. It means that all other projects have to work more and more like Google Chrome to make use of them! And that is the reason why Google is winning their fight in killing customization and user choice - They control over those drafts the competition and their design decisions!
>>
>>51580925
>he doesn't know what a CVE is!
As expected of mosjwilla staff I guess.
>>
>>51580908
Tell me where is this file so I can block all access to the folder it's inside in
>>
File: 1447781680771.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447781680771.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>51580913
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=825294

Not that anon, but it's being implemented (a patch is available, too). Check the bugzilla before posting comments like those, please.
>>
>>51580936

Interesting. Then, just launch firefox with a script that will remove the file before it launches. In linux do:

#!/bin/bash

shred -u -z -f $HOME/.mozilla/firefox/[name_of_profile]/[file]

firefox
>>
>>51577620
>religious nuts tried to warn us
who knew the gay would actually be so tryhard in destroying great things for everyone else.
>>
>>51580957
i know what they are, i am just saying that security vulnerablilities are really not that important
>>
>>51581000
I thought the logs were generated at set points during the time firefox is running though?
>>
So....

When do we build the /g/web?
Just completely trash over current standards.
Create our own /g/oogle and suddenly using it no longer seems so bad.
Start setting up equivalents for everything normies do and we should be able to shill it into taking off.
>>
>>51581009
>Mozilla employee:
>I am just saying that security vulnerabilities are really not that important
You literally cannot make this shit up.
>>
>>51580994
>its being implemented
>I'm supposed to prefer "its being implemented" over "its in"

ayyyyyy
>>
>>51580994
>status: new
It's literally not even implemented yet. It's been years! YEARS! Since palemoon has had it and firefox is still playing catch-up. Nice try shill.
>>
>>51581045
Start with >>51580795
Then look at smart contract and cluster management frameworks (erights is uses a lisp dialect for example)
Then deliver a trivial http server for localhost to redirect requests either to ipfs (GET) or the smart contract system (POST).
Then implement /g/oogle on top of that.
>>
>>51580913
These are the most least important additions ever. What counts are ES6/ES7 or Javascript promises. Pale Moon does not support most of that ones. Granted, Otter Browser and every other browser based on QTWebkit misses them too. But that problem will be solved with QTWebengine, which makes Pale Moon to the one with the least bleeding edge webf-eature support.
>>
File: 1447783315364.png (353KB, 418x581px) Image search: [Google]
1447783315364.png
353KB, 418x581px
>>51581065
I didn't say that it's preferable to it being implemented. I'm just saying it's not really true that Firefox doesn't have D&T support, as it's currently available in the form of a patch and is currently in review / in development. According to the patch maintainer (on 2015-10-16):
>Thanks for looking it over, next chance I get I'll make those tidy up changes and then look into splitting it up.
>Hopefully should be done within the next few weeks.

>>51581072
Please read above and stop the ad hominems, you little fucking piece of shit faggot nerd!
>>
Their handling of Stillman's complaints are the last confirmation that stubborn ideology guides them more than anything else, and that ideology isn't even worthwhile or intelligent.

Flailing in the wind.
>>
>>51581047
not just my opinion - lots of people out there as well.

some people think that people like you are just masturbating monkeys
>>
Time to upgrade to the Opera master race
>>
Should I just switch to Chrome?
>>
>>51581146
>Stillman's complaints
Do you have a link to that? I like dev drama
>>
>>51581174
No. Otter Browser, Qupzilla, Qutebrowser - or if you really feel the need for Botnet, Vivaldi or Slimjet - Using Google engine but no Google Botnet and instead the less dangerous Slimjet or Vivaldi Botnet.
>>
>>51581176
http://danstillman.com/2015/11/23/firefox-extension-scanning-is-security-theater

There's more stuff in the mailing lists and in the linked Reddit threads.

At one point a mozilla employee had /r/firefox hide his posts for a while.
>>
>>51581164
For you the same suggestion: Otter Browser, Qupzilla, Qutebrowser - or if you really feel the need for Botnet, Vivaldi or Slimjet - Using Google engine but no Google Botnet and instead the less dangerous Slimjet or Vivaldi Botnet.

Opera has give up features to become Chrome, all that suggestions above will become Chrome or are already Chrome but have all the features Opera has delete, or have most of them.
>>
File: 1447781317135.png (1020KB, 1100x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1447781317135.png
1020KB, 1100x2000px
>>51581174
Stay on Firefox (or move to Pale Moon if you prefer that) until Otter Browser is mature enough to do everything you need and then some.

Don't buy into the google. They're evil enough, they don't need even more data.
>>
>>51577895
It's a report saved to your local hard drive, literally nothing to do with privacy
>>
>>51581229
Fun fact is that Blink without Google can actually be a good engine, which a lot of Chromium forks are showing, or what will QTWebengine show too - this one will actually be used in Otter-Browser in a not far away future, as soon as it is matured enough :)
>>
>>51581108
The only features that firefox has over palemoon are botnet. Meanwhile palemoon has better html5 and js support than firefox where it actually matters, such as the amount of elements supported which purpose is more than sending information about you to other people (geoloc, webrtc, hit detection, drm, etc.)
>>
>>51581214
thank you!
>>
>>51581136
>X doesn't support Y
>therefore it supports Y
10/10 logic, firefuck.
>>
>>51581214
The best example that Mozilla are betrayers, disgusting lying bastards. They have adopted Google's mentality to treat others who do not bow down like dirt! In fact, Mozilla tries hard to beat Google in it, like that situation clearly shows or how the many SJW incidents show!
>>
>>51581287
Nope. ES6/ES7 and javascript promises are also missing in Pale Moon. The reason why i never recommend that one. Future proof browsers with customization will all have Blink engine in the future.
>>
File: 1447782962163.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447782962163.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>51581307
>X is developing Y and currently has a patch that enables Y
>therefore X supports Y

Sounds logical to me.

>>51581281
Yeah, I've heard about how promising Blink will be in the future.
For some reason, I used to prefer Gecko over Webkit because the former sounds more comfy.

>>51581214
That was pretty interesting, especially the proof-of-concept. No wonder people keep saying AMO is currently in an almost-abandoned state by maintainers.
>>
>>51581287
I wonder how Google will react once they realize that their simple non customizable engine will be "abused" that way by others - wondering if Google will stick out some cheap dirty tricks to force that kind of devs to implement minimalism too. Perhaps they draw them right infront the law for abusing Blink engine that way with a protected trademark argument (simplicity, minimalism, design only)?

Or will they just implement some hindering functions which will make every advanced usage impossible? Be assured, Google will answer to that "abuse" in one way or another. They worked so hard to get Mozilla and Opera in their bed and suddenly a bunch of rebel browsers rise with their engine and unwanted features seen from Googles point of view :D
>>
File: 1448374061606.gif (479KB, 434x444px) Image search: [Google]
1448374061606.gif
479KB, 434x444px
>>51581328
>will all have Blink engine in the future
Time to commit sudoku. I fucking hate font rendering in blink.
>>
>>51581308
Google more often than not just flat out ignores the people who point out its flaws. My favorite example being their tendency to close large swaths of bug tickets every few months using effectively rand().

That emperor has no clothes and wears really strong earbuds.

Mozilla goes the other way and just refuses to accept reason. Proud ignorance, or pride in placing ideology above reason and logic. A large drive towards disregarding and even hating the hacker culture and power users that brought them early success.

I don't know which is worse.
>>
>>51581214
So WebExtensions and addon signing are good ideas but the automated review is prone to false positives. Good thing addons are also manually reviewed before they're allowed to be listed on AMO. Unfortunately extensions hosted elsewhere don't have to be manually reviewed so the glaring problem with XUL addons continues to exist there.
>>
>>51581328
Palemoon has supported promises since april 29, and before that they were still supported but named differently. Stop FUDding anytime though.
>>
File: 1447783188641.png (386KB, 459x593px) Image search: [Google]
1447783188641.png
386KB, 459x593px
>>51581378
Font rendering isn't linked to the engine, anon.

>>51581368
I don't think they can really do anything about this (or will). They get enough usage with chrome not to care about the small fry browsers.
>>
>>51581407
>avatarfagging
>>
>>51581407
>a rendering engine is not responsible for how fonts are rendered
okay dude

"Google Forks WebKit And Launches Blink, A New Rendering Engine That Will Soon Power Chrome And Chrome OS". TechCrunch.
>>
>>51581426
Don't reply to avatarfags. Hide avatarfag posts. Report avatarposting.
>>
>>51581382
*Also, Mozilla seems all but set on a path to becoming a subset of Chrome/Google, first in ideology and organizational+product goals, then eventually consumed proper.

Their decisions lately make me wonder whether that's an actual, executive-level long-term goal...or if they're just too far up their own arse to see where they are headed..
>>
>>51581400
Pale Moon does not support Promises. This can be even found on their boards if you look around fag! They support the earlier revision which was called different. But not the new one called promises. Or at least not all critical necessary features out of it which many pages already need to work! Which ends up in layout being screwed up, missing pictures, wrong pop ups or wrong looking pop ups instead of widgets opening and so on!
>>
>>51581440
i think they just want to get acquired by google
>>
>>51581426
It feels like we're entering a weird world where we have to hope that Microsoft and Apple's ambitions are strong and pointed enough to keep Google in check.
>>
File: tumblr_lsh9xoI3ak1r2bv2mo1_500.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lsh9xoI3ak1r2bv2mo1_500.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>51581417
I got other reaction images, fag.

>>51581426
Most rendering engines rely on system rasterizers for fonts. Rendering Engine =/= Font Rendering.

That's like saying the browser is responsible for how images are rendered.
>>
>>51581407
It is not about usage, but Google is a rabid customization and user choice hater. The fact that many people using more and more Blink forks which offer features like that is what makes Google angry, market share plays no role. When you are using a Blink based browser, you end up contributing to Chrome market share in one way or another.
>>
>>51581450
>facts doesn't real
Top fucking kek. The shilling is real. It's literally right in the code. The project being opensource, it's trivial to see that you're full of shit.

I have only one more thing to ask you: how much do they pay you?
>>
Hold on, if the concern here is that the data is saved to a file somewhere that they could access later, wouldn't it be possible to just delete the file in question before any given update that might change the setting back?
>>
>>51581483
I told you, you can find that in the Pale Moon board in many posts that Promises is NOT supported!

I am not shilling anything. Especially not Mozilla assholes! Firefox is dead since a long time to me since Mozilla started to show interest in becoming Google 2!
>>
>>51581463
>Rendering Engine =/= Font Rendering.
You don't get it do you?

Why look my fonts god tier in vanilla FF and why do they look crap in vanilla chrome?

Ignore this post if you like. I'm going to sleep now.
>>
>>51581501
Are you paid per post or is it an hourly salary?
>>
Why hasn't everyone switched to palemoon/seamonkey/some other fork yet?

I switched to seamonkey a couple of weeks ago, the only things I miss are the 'save image to folder' extension which doesn't work in seamonkey, and maybe the firefox history viewer. Everything else is just perfect.
>>
>>51581518
Because most firefox users are paid employees, they have no choice.
>>
>>51581516
It has to be per post, anything else wouldn't make sense.
>>
>>51580588
Fuck boxes.

Fuck firefox too.
>>
>>51581572
I am happy that i use Otter-Browser and Qupzilla. I am free and me pays nobody. Sadly that means i get also no money :(
>>
File: 1446594138237.jpg (4MB, 1800x2343px) Image search: [Google]
1446594138237.jpg
4MB, 1800x2343px
>>51581502
Previously, on Windows, Chrome used to render using GDI, while Firefox used to use Directwrite. However, Chrome has now adopted DirectWrite too.

Now, the differences are mainly related to Blink vs Gecko interpretations of settings like <code>letter-spacing</code> and forgetting to set <code>font-weight</code> to normal when using font-faces.

It could also be an OS problem. Back when I still had Windows, I didn't notice a huge difference between Firefox and Chromium (apart from google making the retarded decision to make fonts smaller).

(Sorry for being late to reply.)

>>51581631
Boxes indeed are a shit.
>>
>>51581518
Seamonkey is fucking great but so few extensions support it. We need to push for support from other major addon devs
>>
>>51577825
Literally even more botnet than chrome
>>
>>51581585
I thought it might be per-hour if a quota is met, e.g. at least 30 posts per hour.
>>
>>51581734
2 big problems:

1) Seamonkey stays as much as close to Firefox engine revisions

2) When Firefox has no more XUL Seamonkey will most likely drop it too as Seamonkey council has too less manpower to support development on their own - which makes Seamonkey into another stripped down and feature less Chrome clone!
>>
I'm so conflicted. Servo looks so promising. But the business is so focussed on this timewasting..
>>
Thoughts on Ice Weasel?
>>
>>51580314
>some retard's RFC
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Turner_%28Mozilla%29
>Doug Turner is the Director of Engineering at Mozilla Corporation and long-time contributor to Mozilla. The Mozilla Foundation hired Turner in December 2004 to work full-time on mobile projects such as Minimo[1] and Mozilla Joey.[2] He was the Foundation's 12th hire.[3] Turner was previously employed by Netscape before the creation of the Mozilla Foundation.
>>
>>51581760
go away and take your shitty english & exclamation marks with you.
>>
Every web browser is shit

Stop using http
>>
>>51581843
What are you? Some brain dead ape fucktard? Go and get a life child, or i'll give you a spanking!
>>
>>51581789
It's firefox with a different logo. What thoughts are you expecting, cuc k?
>>
>>51581843
Stupid gay cock sucking fucktards should be shot with a gun and their eyes should be ripped out with a big fork you stupid fucking cunt! Shut the fuck up worthless braindead grasshopper or i squish you under my boot, you worthless insect.
>>
>>51581902
Once Edge gets extensions then it's pretty much /g/'s official browser forever
>>
>>51581843
You call yourself a human being? You are even worth less than a third class imagination of a human being!
>>
>>51581961
>windows botnet
>official /g/ anything
>>>/tumblr/
>>
Why does Mozilla do this?
>>
>>51577620
>save pings locally on the hdd
are you retarded, OP?
>>
>>51582044
because literal cum guzzling faggot sacks of shit are trying to ruin something that was made by a good christian man who stood up for what he believes in.

truely sickening how this is allowed.

>imagine creating something so loved and adored by millions such as firefox
>imagine having it stolen from you because you have good christian values
>imagine watching what you made being burned to the ground by these literal cum guzzling sacks of shit

truely is sickening.
>>
ITT: Nothing but complaints with no plan of action. Not even a plan to harrass mozilla about the issues. Either DO something or shut the fuck up, faggots.
>>
>>51582197
Atheist just ruin everything.
>>
>>51582202
There's also a block of avatar fags, so that's something.
>>
>>51582197
>good christian values
this is not a real thing
>>
>>51582202
>Not even a plan to harrass mozilla about the issues.
Fucking this. 4chan really turned into reddit, holy shit.
>>
>>51577620
feedback.mozilla.org
>>
>>51582394
Mozilla ignores all feedback.
>>
I currently use a fork of Firefox called Waterfox. Essentially, it's the same browser with some optimization flags passed to the compiler. Because it's unbranded, it's been able to not have some of the anti-features of new Firefox updates, namely the inability to run unsigned extensions.

But it is becoming more and more clear that Mozilla is actively trying to go against the will of its users, and I am seriously considering switching to PaleMoon... as soon as TreeStyleTabs starts working.
>>
>>51577620
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/0c8c80a675d3
toolkit.telemetry.archive.enabled    1.30 +* ``datareporting.healthreport.service.enabled`` - If true, records base Telemetry data. Otherwise, completely disables telemetry recording.
1.31 +* ``toolkit.telemetry.enabled`` - If true, record the extended Telemetry data. Please note that base Telemetry data needs to be enabled as well and we need to be in an official build or in test mode. This preference is controlled through the `Preferences` dialog.
1.32 +* ``datareporting.healthreport.uploadEnabled`` - Send the data we record if user has consented to FHR. This preference is controlled through the `Preferences` dialog.
1.33 +* ``toolkit.telemetry.archive.enabled`` - Allow pings to be archived locally.

TL;DR it's easy to disable in about:config
>>
>>51579879
It's because personal privacy is so goddamn important to us here that we completely refuse to respect that of others as well.
>>
>>51577620
>>51582562
P.S. They are just trying get to work telemetry offline.
>>
>>51581760
Saphir, is that you?
>>
>>51579142
Maybe he'd be open to suggestions. You seem to be doing well for yourself sucking dicks over in Niggertown.
>>
>>51579591
huh uh boy, they totally care about what kind of porn and other sinful shit he's up to. Have you forgotten just how fucking important, and utterly fascinating he is?
>>
>>51579696
Do you run linux without syslog or something, because muh botnet?
>>
I'm trying out palemoon, and I like it so far. Replicating the functionality I wanted was pretty easy.
>>
>>51582989
>run Linux

I'm calling you out you free software shill. I bet you think you are real fucking clever opposing, and trying to step on underdogs like MS and Apple, but I assure you truth, justice, and the American way will prevail once again. You commie pinkos just never fucking learn.
>>
>>51580226
I don't give a fuck about any of that stuff. I use a browser strangely enough to browse with, and nothing more. I don't need a bunch of flashing lights, and other bullshit.
>>
File: palemoon.png (263KB, 778x583px) Image search: [Google]
palemoon.png
263KB, 778x583px
>>51578570
>caring if pale moon is made by a furry
It literally has the best themes.
>>
>>51581825
>Turner was previously employed by Netscape before the creation of the Mozilla Foundation.

Oh shit! Are you telling me that this guy was gainfully employed in the past too? Oh the fucking scandal!
>>
>>51580414
and a really nice scripting interface too
>>
>>51578274
Safe spaces.
>>
>chrome is the botnet guys
>don't fall for the google botnet, install mozilla

Mozicuqs rekt.
>>
>>51584109
P A L E M O O N
P A
L E
M O
O N
>>
>>51584175
Shiny (or should I say furry in this case?) shit is still shit.
Chromium or bust faggot.
>>
>>51584175
CHROMIUM
H
R
O
M
I
U
CHROMIUM
>>
>>51584199
>>51584216
>botnet that installs proprietary blobs and enables them behind your back
>not prime-time firefox with modern html and javascript support
>>>/botnet/
>>
File: face-with-tears-of-joy.png (58KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
face-with-tears-of-joy.png
58KB, 256x256px
>>51584219
>this is what firecücs believe
>>
>>51578274
>>51580510
I use Palemoon bcuz muh PATRIARCHY
>>
>>51584241
>palemoon users
Believe in fact, logic and reason
>chromium users
Believe and listen. Adopt the botnet.

>this is the belief of chromtards!
>nfw
>>
File: o-OK-HAND-570.jpg (35KB, 570x742px) Image search: [Google]
o-OK-HAND-570.jpg
35KB, 570x742px
>>51584286
>Chromium
>botnet

All the licenses are free (BSD license, MIT license, LGPL, MS-PL and MPL/GPL/LGPL)

But you can keep trying to grasp straws, ponyfucker.
>>
>>51584341
>chromium: unconditionally downloads binary blob
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909

You really trust this shit?
>>
>>51584341
Some people have trouble comprehending that Chromium is not Chrome.
>>
>>51584460
See
>>51584436
>>
>>51581225
>>
>>51584436
Have you even read that or did you just look at the title and decided to meme-spout?

>firekeks are trying THIS hard to save face
>>
>>51584596
>After upgrading chromium to 43, I noticed that when it is running and immediately after the machine is on-line it silently starts downloading "Chrome Hotword Shared Module" extension, which contains a binary without source code. There seems no opt-out config.
The fact that it even did that once is a huge lost of trust. Why in the world would you ever trust Chromium if it's exhibited this kind of behaviour before?
>>
>>51584436
>We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of chromium-browser, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.
>>
It's sad what happened to firefox. 5 years ago it was the dominant 3rd party browser, fully supported across the web, fully featured yet lightweight and infinitely customisable.

I don't want to blame everything on >muh sjws but it really went to shit after the CEO left. Now it's bloated, missing features, broken features, worse compatibility than chrome with marginally better extension support (and even that is getting removed).

I used to use nightly for some extra things that weren't available in normal ff, moved to ff when nightly was more broken than not, moved to chromium for better compatibility and performance, and eventually to full botnet when chromium stopped supporting the proprietary video codecs from chrome.
>>
>>51584638
So should I throw away my thinkpad since Lenovo uses rootkits?
>>
>>51584693
If we are talking about trusting software to not engage in malicious behaviour, you sure as hell shouldn't be using Windows.
>>
>>51584718
Neither any HDD made after 2010.
>>
>>51584742
Don't you mean intel processors? Or is there something about HDDs too?
>>
FASTEST and secure browser with bookmark feature? GO
>>
>>51584790
palemoon
>>
>>51580332
Really though
>All non-Mac laptops have been taking the worst parts of the MBP and making them worse
>Laptops are focused on being thin and having pointless specs
>Software gets more tyrannical and shady by the day
>Usage gets more difficult by the day in the name of pointless aesthetic change
>Rolling releases are industry standard
>internet niches and communities die while botnet social media grows
>Telecoms have users by the balls worse than Ma Bell ever did
>Society is coercing people to carry these bloated and addictive tracking devices everywhere they go, running either a gimped Apple OS or fucking Java-based OS made by the world leader in advertising
Why live? When do things get better?
>>
>>51584781
HDDs have NSA backdoors that work even when offline.
>>
>>51577707
I just checked to see if the health reporting setting was turned off in the preferences and it was. Looked in about:config and holy shit, it's still enabled. Wtf Mozilla?
>>
I'm wondering when iPhone will quit tracking users, it sucks.. Gvt maybe
>>
>>51578442

SeaMonkey is pretty nice. Too bad its add-on support is fairly dismal.
>>
>>51579687
It is for me...
>>
>>51577620
For me the worst thing is the random scroll stuttering. Apparently 4790k is not enough for firefox, doesn't matter e10son/off/ nightly or stable.
>>
I wish I could use Palemoon but it can't run Random Agent Spoofer, damn it. I don't know why people are suggesting moving to something without noscript etc as thought the lack of that isn't more significant than telemetry etc
>>
>pale moon
>not bloated (never seen it over 300mb barring having a billion flash tabs open)
>no faggot chrome UI
>every addon I've tried has worked (no script, ublock, 4chan x, etc)
no excuse not to use it
>>
>>51585102
>things that work perfectly without needing any tweaks whatsoever don't work at all!
The memes! They're overflowing!
>>
>>51585102
Just use umatrix. It works perfectly.
>>
Do Vivaldi or Palemoon have uBlock Origin, Greasemonkey?
>>
>>51585188
Palemoon has both, vivaldi has neither.
>>
>>51585188
Palemoon has both of those. I think Vivaldi supports chrome addons, so uBlock Origin should work there too.
>>
>>51585201
vivaldi has ublock origin and all other chrome addons
>>
You guys should enable telemetry then they will see how many people actually use the features they want to remove
>>
>>51585150
it doesnt seem to periodically cycle through user agents at all, from reading the description. User Agent Spoofer has many other features like disabling browser pings, randomizing screen size and timezone info. I have found nothing else even remotely as good at preventing fingerprinting
>>
>>51585314
Wait, which addon are you talking about? User Agent Switcher or Random Agent Spoofer? Old versions of both of those should work in palemoon.
>>
saved
https://github.com/Quicksaver/Tab-Groups
>>
File: 1420181013631.jpg (144KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1420181013631.jpg
144KB, 550x550px
>palemoon doesn't have my super minimalist, darkasmysoul userchrome.css
okay I can fix that myse-
>javascript engine is broken
>>
>>51585364
Truly a shame. Why the fuck are they removing features? Why do they think that imitating Chrome's worst parts will make them relevant again?
>>
>>51585450
Money speaks louder than words.
>>
>>51585340
Oops i meant Random Agent Spoofer.
Good idea but I tried installing old versions and the first one that works is over a year old and is missing many important features. Eh maybe it's good enough
>>
>>51585314
>User Agent Spoofer has many other features like disabling browser pings, randomizing screen size and timezone info
How bad will it break page layout though, or doesn't it matter since it's rendered correctly client side anyways?
>>
>>51585085
yeah, it's pretty stuttery

personally I'm fucked. with whatever rendering changes they made in fx42 it now takes 2-3 seconds before the initial paint when I switch to the browser window or open any dialog, like the Save File window, if the profile has hundreds or thousands of saved tabs

was forced to go back to ESR. I'm writing this from nightly as a test and it's still acting just as shitty, so when ESR moves on to 45 I'm out of luck
>>
>>51588049
Well then you are basically forced to use Palemoon. Better broken ES6/7 and shit css than nothing at all.

>palemoon dev doesnlike MSE because DRM possibilities
>suggests using flash for youtube

Can he be more wrong than this?
>>
>>51578641
He's probably intentionally trying to sabatoge, or maybe he's from /g/ and posts the "bugfixes" just soa he has fuel to bitch with. For example the ftp issue actually never went through. People in charge were like "nah, that's a stupid idea"
>>51578671 you have been rused
>>
>>51578570
>Only options are ancient furfag firefox fork, shitty botnet fork, and broken beta botnet fork made by irrelevant devs
how did everything go so wrong so quickly
>>
>>51588301
That Mozilla dev argumented with Chromium / Chrome doing this this as well. I can see how most Chrome users (not all) are dumb drones, as in .1 - .2 % were using Chrome's inbuilt ftp functionality they claimed.

There is not a single week where I don't have to access some ftp through my browser to fetch some archive. Then again I don't have telemetry on and they cannot see how many people actually use it.

I do believe there is an intersection between users without telemtry and users that love these functions that they try to kill.
>>
>>51580469
>ending with few features
They literally started with just the rendering engine and the address bar, the first versions of the new Opera didn't even had bookmarks
>>
>>51588358
Just like how in the CPU market and graphics market it boils down to two major players. The only enemy of Chrome may as well be Internet explorer in the future.
>>
>>51580226
>Not 'enough' people were using those features, so they are useless. Firefox usage below 10% when?
The majority will jump ship by 46, even if they don't like Chrome they will end up in Chrome, some others will put up with Palemoon, and others will had transitioned to ESR 45 until Palemoon gets gud or ESR 45 gets deprecated
>>
>>51582903
>nothing to hide
Spotted the retard
>>
>>51583420
He's telling you he isn't some retard, he's the Director of Engineering
Way to miss the point retard
>>
>>51588358
>not using based as fuck qupzilla
Qupzilla

Pros

>free
>opensource
>small, 51 github devs
>themes, custom css, and extensions all supported
>on linux it's very rice-able
>built in adblock
>built in cookie manager
>built in option to encrypt the password manager
>built in rss
>not ran by idiots
>fast as hell
>slider for ram use/ caxhe size
>not chromium or firefox fork
>option to turn off dropdown chrome style menu
>avalible on win, mac, os/2, haiku, bsd, and linux
>can be ran off a usb

Cons

>looks like shit default on windows
>>
>>51581162
>some people think that people like you are just masturbating monkeys
That applies to preventing vulnerabilities at all cost
Patching them is something stupidly neccesary, specially if the CVE is public, anyone recognizes that

Just go to the designated street Rajeet, since when has Mozilla hired DESIGNATEDS?
>>
>>51582417
Basically this, just look at how they closed the comments on the "remove panorama" ticket
>>
>>51580710
>pale moon
>male poon
HOMOSEX CONFIRMED
>>
>>51588244
tbqh ES6/7 and the extra CSS stuff seems like pure cancer
>>
>>51588485
>muh indians
fuck off to /int/, retard
>>
>>51588562
I completely agree, most likely only ad companies get wet over the thought of them.

The web in it's current state is cancer anyway. More websites introduce mast ehads and nav bars that scroll with the page and permanently shove themselves into your field of view. Forcing me to go as far and block them, basically removing site functionality.

Don't steal my screen space, ffs.
>>
could you just edit the telemetry data to some string repeated over and over?

>mozilla gets some delicious user data
>sells it to the jews
>they get a call the next day
>"Do you think this is a fucking game? Why did you send us three gigabytes of 'GAS THE KIKES RACEWAR NOW' repeated over and over?"
>>
>>51588582
Don't feel so triggered Pavel, it's just banter
>>
>>51588244
testing it on a smaller profile
had to roll back tree style tabs, tab stats. nice being able to get a functional and static status bar without having to use an addon.

my userChrome is tailored to removing stupidity from newer firefox versions so there's some housecleaning to be done

atleast I have a way forward when firefox dies.
>>
>>51588596
It probably would be reset to the old settings after an update, then Mozilla would say that the "abuse" of telemetry had forced them to do some faggot shit to shove telemetry on everyone
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 201x251px
>>51588610
Good choice I run two portable browsers along FF as backup myself. One being a botnet free Chrome fork with mostly just ublock and tampermonkey.
Will make the transition easier when their browser kicks the bucket.
>>
>>51588599
>banter
banter implies some kind of originality
>>
So otter, qupzilla, qutebrowser or pale moon?
>>
>>51588701
it's a bit sad actually. I started using netscape navigator back in 1995 and saw that die.
now I get to watch the decline of phoenix/firefox
>>
File: qup.png (15KB, 646x309px) Image search: [Google]
qup.png
15KB, 646x309px
>>51578793
>qupzilla
>claims to be lightweight

lol
>>
>>51580332
>haven't updated Windows 7 since the telemetry shit was added to it
don't install these particular updates. problem solved.
>>
>>51584820
>palemoon
is x64 version ok?
>>
>>51585015
same here, really need to find a new browser after all the bullshit lately

Just needing an extension to set your own newtab page was the biggest fuckup though
>>
We need a new browser.
Who wants to create the logo ?
>>
File: net1.jpg (11KB, 214x236px) Image search: [Google]
net1.jpg
11KB, 214x236px
>>51589289
>>
>>51589212
just installed this palemoon here. hory fuck shit is fast, I was annoyed with chrome for lagging in fucking web pages. feels good
>>
>>51589244
You can do it in about config, but Firefox is so shit it will always move cursor focus into the url bar.

So yeah if you want to use a search engine in new tab, then Custom New Tab is the only option.
>>
>>51577707
is there a way to list all options?
diff on them between versions could be helpful to know if they are trying something fishy
>>
>>51588811
Try them all, what do you have to lose

As a qupzilla user i do think the first thing you should do is screw around in the preferences before holdong any opinion on qupzilla. Its starting settings are shit.
>>
>>51589046
>set qupzilla setting to use alot of resourse
>go on a large website with it
>open firefox and go to about:blank
>take pic
>post on /g/
???
>profit
>>
>>51589387
not him
I used to use qupzilla as my daily driver, but the problem is there are some subtle memory leaks that will bite your ass after a a day or so, It's javascript engine also sucks ass and a some of shitty sites that use extensive javascript will lead it into crash because of memory issues

Other than that and lack of addons, it ain't half bad. Eventually I decided to fuck it all and don't give a shit and use botnetium now
>>
>>51578642
if you don't personally parse the source code yourself then software being open-source or not is irrelevant, because it's not like you should blindly trust anyone who claims to be auditing the code, right?
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.