[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Project Fi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: fi_logo_sq_1200.png (40KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fi_logo_sq_1200.png
40KB, 1200x1200px
So with the nexus 6p, I'll be getting my first no contract smartphone, and I recently found out about Google Project Fi. Is it worth trying out? If not, what plans would you say are best for no contract phones?
>>
>>51577500
just get tmobile
>>
>>51577511
you use it? what's the benefit?
>>
>not getting the T-Mobile 30 freedombuckaroos a month plan
what are you, some kind of faget? And anyways, if you use more than 1 gig of data a month, project Fi can get expensive.
>>
>>51577500
T-Moblie
>No data used when streaming music
>No data used when streaming movies/tv shows
>>
>Is it worth trying out?
If you hate money or using the internet, sure
>>
>>51577785
If you can get metro pcs. Seriously $60 dollars for unlimited everything and up to 8gb of tethering if that's you thing. They use T-Mobile towers, the caveats is your second online to T-Mobile customers, but you get the exact same cover and I've had speeds hit 30-40mbs. I used 12gb this month alone on 4g. Or if you can find the T-Mobile $30 a month prepaid plan if you don't call a lot, unlimited texting, 100min, unlimited data that's throttled after 5gb. I get calls from family all the time otherwise I'd just say fuck it and stick to that.
>>
>>51577846
>u pay 120 for unlimited everything +plus phone for 126 bucks

fi is shit
>>
>>51577846
>using 115GB on your phone
>not just staying comfy inside your own house 24/7

normalfag detected
>>
>>51577838
>>51577844
>>51577885
>>51577846

I'm fairly new to /g/ and you fellas are great, i'll tell ya what. any other board and I would've gotten paragraphs of shitposting or nothing at all before I got a serious answer. thank you very much friends, I'll look into that t-mobile plan.
>>
File: Screenshot_20151128-143747.png (613KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151128-143747.png
613KB, 1440x2560px
Was on the shitter when I took this with my memexus 6p>>51578027
This is a deviation from the norm. Keep posting. You'll see /g is shit like ever other board.
>>
>>51578027
well then I'll start

>not having Verizon
enjoy your dropped calls and no signal :^)
>>
>>51578151

>verizon

That's a good goy, yes goy, very good
>>
>>51578183
I don't think they pay with sour grapes, T-Shill ;^)
>>
>>51577838
This. I used to use T-Mobile but now I use Fi because early adopter with more money than sense.

I haven't noticed any of the supposed coverage increases. Also, I don't travel abroad much and I certainly don't call much.

The only thing is unrestricted teathering which I use basically never.

Wifi calling is sweet and getting better but still has audio issues.
>>
>>51577511
Nah because if I go into the country or anywhere rural I get no signal
>>
>>51577838
If you use more than 1g+ why are you even considering project fi?
I use atmost 0.3 a month
>>
was thinking about getting fi, even ordered the sim. started reading up on leddit about it, and there were tons of complaints about not being able to send text messages for a few days. got tmobile instead. hit 50/25 regularly here with 2 lines, 10gb each, unlimited talk and text for $100.
>>
I currently subscribed to ProjectFi. I'm in NYC, and the phone coverage isn't as good as Verizon's (which I expected.

Verizon's service got really bad at home, so the WiFi calling appealed to me. So far, that had worked out well. I haven't had any problems with calls or texts at home.

But at work, things are worse on ProjectFi. Unless I'm near a window of the building I work in, my phone service is terrible and I have no internet. My job is too cheap to have WiFi for the employees. Internet access is also horrible in the tunnel i take to get to work.

I think ProjectFi works for people that have regular access to WiFi at home and work, and only need occasional phone/internet service from towers.

To be fair to ProjectFi, I'm saving about $25/month vs. Verizon.

I have about 30 more days where I can go back to my old Verizon account.

It's 50/50 whether I stay with ProjectFi or go back to Verizon
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.