[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Samsung HDDs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Samsung Spinpoint F1.jpg (91KB, 600x565px) Image search: [Google]
Samsung Spinpoint F1.jpg
91KB, 600x565px
Why did Samsung sell their HDD division to Seagate? Their drives were reliable, fast, and very popular. Now I don't know anymore.

I guess I'll have to get a Seagate and cross my fingers. WD asks too much for their black series.
>>
Get Toshiba. Toshiba got the good part of Hitachi. WD got the shit part.
>>
>>51576652

I was looking at Toshiba. I might give them a shot since my confidence in Seagate has always been low.
>>
Because selling HDDs is a high volume low profit business

>>51576652
>WD got the shit part.

you need to do more research before shitposting
>>
http://www.newegg.com/Product/SingleProductReview.aspx?reviewid=3834229&RandomID=2655210714584220151128102629

What do you guys think of this review? 2 years old but still seems relevant.
>>
>>51576834

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145912&cm_re=HGST-_-22-145-912-_-Product

Just buy this.
>>
>>51576630
Their drives are still good.
When Samsung sold their HDD division, Seagate did nothing to assimilate their new purchase with the rest of their fabs.
They still sell Samsung "Spinpoint Momentus" drives manufactured in the original Samsung factories, and they're marketed with the samsung name.
>>
>>51577706

Seagate's stuff is fine if you stick to their higher capacity drives. Stay away from anything 1TB-3TB. Their 4TB drives are about as reliable as Western Digital drives.
>>
>>51577672

That's a lot of space, I don't even think I need that much since I don't hold on to too much data at any given time. Even with HD movies, music, and games.
A 1-2 TB drive would be fine just to hold on to that stuff while my old Samsung handles the installed games and programs I don't want on my SSD.
>>
>>51576630
Because being the good guy and producing quality hardware doesn't fucking pay off. Hence Seagate buys their competitors and becomes more and more powerful whilst being more and more unreliable.
>>
>>51577672

you can get a single 8TB for 199$
>>
>>51578037
>he fell for the 8TB meme
enjoy that shit failing with 8TB worth of data

I know you could just buy twice and have backups :^)
>>
>>51578037

One hundred and ninety nine whole Dollar Signs!?

Which brand!? I've got CTRL+V ready!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.