[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A bad english teacher ruined my english skills. Mispronuctiations,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

A bad english teacher ruined my english skills. Mispronuctiations, replacing words with similar sounding words, bad translations...

How do I unfuck my english, /g/? I've assimilated the wrong meanings and I now make a lot of mistakes.

I can't believe one single teacher could fuck my shit up so badly.

yes, languages are technology
>>
>>51572615
>A bad english teacher ruined my english skills

>How do I unfuck my english, /g/?
Start by owning up to your own shit and not blaming others
>>
>>51572640
This was back in middle school, we had the same granddad teacher for 5 or so years.

I kinda fixed my English in HS, but the mistakes are still there.
>>
>>51572615
Read books.
>>
>>51572950
Reap boobs.
>>
>>51572615
Disney learn english dvd
>>
>>51572615
What kind of mistakes do you make?
>>
Read more English books,watch more English movies (that pronounces American,Britton or even Northern accents) , Increase your vocabulary by duckduckgo-ing the fuck out of every unfamiliar words you've encountered as soon as possible( or note it for later).
Former call centre agent faggot and shithole-dweller in Asia here, don't blame your teacher for being a kek.

"Never let your schooling interfere with your education" -Look it up for me, I forgot.
>>
If you can shitpost on 4chan, you know enough English for normal daily use
>>
I took a different route.

Since I was an uneducated fuck I decided to learn english on my own instead of studying it. The result of that is, I don't have any issues typing it or listening to anyone, even with less common accents, but since I listen to british/murrican/ausfagian people all the time at movies, tv shows and some youtube stuff involving politics, my pronunciation is completely fucked. With two sentences alone no one can possibly tell where I'm from because of that.

I guess our best bet is to try hard to study it from a reputable source, OP.
>>
>>51575173
I meant I decided to learn english on my own instead of taking classes*, my bad
>>
learn russia
>>
where were you when english was kill?
>>
>>>/lit/
>>
>>51572615
I took ap literature and language back in hs and ranked top of my class. Spent two years in Asia and it fucked my shit up completely.

Just gotta keep working on it. Getting into pointless debates on 4chan helps so shitpost away.
>>
>>51575173
How did you start and how long did it take until you were comfortable enough watching movies without subtitling
>>
>>51572615
itt op makes excuses for being stupid and people believe him
>>
>>51575582
Hard to say but let's say by 2006 I was fairly shitty at it and friends would have to point it out. By 2011 I was watching several shows without subtitles, some of them american, some british, and some of them really old.

I didn't grab a single book on how to learn english and I was a failure at school except for math.
>>
>>51575690
I want to do this with German. Did you follow any program? Or just started reading books and looked up every word you didn't know?
>>
>actually learning English in school

Oh shit nigger, what are you doing?

You're supposed to learn shit through reading/listening/watching.
>>
>>51575791
It was all media consumption (games, movies, tv shows and music), shitposting and participating on small streaming communities. I don't usually read books.

You could try doing that with german, but the only thing I tried to play in that language with no success was Gothic.
>>
File: ayy rmao.png (389KB, 586x659px) Image search: [Google]
ayy rmao.png
389KB, 586x659px
>>51572615
JUST
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.