[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What jackass at Microsoft set Windows to wake itself up at 3AM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: 1313986148719.jpg (88KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1313986148719.jpg
88KB, 600x450px
What jackass at Microsoft set Windows to wake itself up at 3AM to do random shit by default?
Fucking video started playing by itself in the dead of night. Fairly sure it's that shit Reboot in task schedule under UpdateOrchestrator, but I don't think it ever stays fucking disabled or deleted.
>>
Thats what you get for keeping your pc connected to power.
>>
>>51572091
This desu.

Pull teh cord desu.
>>
this desu.
>>
>>51572112
>>51572131

Okay, what's with the auto t b h -> desu conversion? Did I miss something?
>>
>>51572155
Word filter converts f.am to it. So stop using that stupid fucking word
>>
>>51571879
Next time it happens open CMD as admin and run "powercfg -lastwake", it's most likely going to come up with your network adapter. To fix it you go in to device manager then the properties of your network adapter and untick "allow this device to wake up pc" or whatever niggershit it is.

If its not that then check your task scheduler and you can disable all the tasks from being able to wake your pc.
>>
>>51572170
but I used t.bh, not f.am. Is there a page that lists all the words moot2 thinks are bad?
>>
>>51571879
>Windows
>>>/v/
>>
>>51572155
I'd tell you to lurk more, but seem to doing too much of that.
>>
Tbh this shit sucks desu senpai
>>
>>51571879
If you have Windows Media Center installed that also turns the computer on at 3-4am if sleeping to run updates.
>>
>>51572170
Testing senpai desu kek
>>
>>51572270
hows about you stop spouting twitter/tumblr/facebook meme words like a 15 year old niglet
>>
Can't find a related thread but here's a question:

Just woke up this morning and turned on my PC. Windows Update is turned to "Ask me before updating". I went to make some brechy and grab a drink. When I came back Windows 10 was 80% downloaded and was trying to install itself. I took the time to install some updates I'd been postponing since WinUp was open, when it restarted it did the same thing. What the fuck? Is there any way to turn this shit off or just fucking watch me PC when I turn it on so it doesn't auto-update to 10?
>>
>>51572155
lurk moar baka desu
>>
>>51572588
desu senpai
>>
>>51571879
windows updates are one of the other likely suspects for resuming your pc from sleep. ever have windows completely ignore your power manager settings and refuse to sleep when idle? how about when you manually sleep your windows computer and it just wakes straight back up again?
everything just fucking works though in arch linux
>>
Smh desu senpai
>>
>>51572574
need to restart the win update service every time you make a change.

win 10 shutdowns arent actually shutdowns anymore.

your comp state gets stored until your next startup.

make a change, restart, verify your changes have stayed, shutdown.

its a bitch, i know
>>
tb.h desu
cuc.k kek
fa.m senpai
>>
>>51576960
anybody know anymore conversion?
>>
Testing desu.
>>
what torrent clinet i should get desu?
>>
File: 1438230390535.jpg (28KB, 504x468px) Image search: [Google]
1438230390535.jpg
28KB, 504x468px
>>51572549
>stop spouting those memes
>spout these memes instead!
>mfw
>>
>>51572170
senpai desu
>>
hi OP,
I write a guide on superuser to stop this.
https://superuser.com/questions/973009/conclusively-stop-wake-timers-from-waking-windows-10-desktop/973029#973029

I hope it helps you.
>>
>>51576960
Since when was our senpai so stupid desu this is clearly just trolling from some anon no kek would put this in their site.
>>
this desu senpai
captcha: select all the turkeys
>>
>>51576970
sm.h to baka
>>
>>51571879
>What jackass at Microsoft set Windows to wake itself up at 3AM to do random shit by default?
The same jackasses that assumed normal people would be asleep or fucking someone at that time, so therefore, they don't give two shits that their computer wakes up and starts working on something.
>>
desu senpai
>>
What the fuck, desu senpai this is fucking stupid baka
>>
>>51576960
desu kek senpai
>>
>>51577510
baka
>>
>>51579583
desu senpai
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.