[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

firefox sending keystrokes / web history to third parties? shady?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

well first it was the LGBT obsession and firing the creator of javascript over twitter mobs

i have to sit here and smile. pretend like i LOVE to drink tranvestite juice! Yay man! Diversity!

of course shedding engineers and talents left and right.

If you spit out a DROP of that tranvestite fluid splooge - you will be deemed a heretic and accused of HATE CRIMES???

becoming bloated and unusable

getting rid of addons.

the new addon system will get rid of treestyletabs

I just want to browse the fucking internet. these guys wanted to force tranvestites around kids.

what browser can i use without being spied on and forced having all this transexual YAY HE CROSSDRESSES! jammed down my throat?
>>
just use chrome lmao
>>
How'd you go from a jewish firefox update to a diversity rant?
>>
You know, paranoia can be hazardous to your mental health.

You don't cite any sources in your rant, but I believe know what you're referring to when you say "firefox sending keystrokes" and I could explain what it is, but looking at your vomit I'd say you've already formed your opinion that transvestites are spying you or something like that, so I doubt anything I say will mean anything to you.

I recommend that you step away from your computer, calm down, and return when you can think rationally.
>>
>>51570989
>deliberately installing a botnet

lmao
>>
>>51571050
I agree with this.

Thinking this way only puts you in the same position as many of these weirdos at the social justice/lgbt communities. Don't overanalyze things and switch to Chrome like a reasonable person.
>>
File: 1440921049808.png (1MB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1440921049808.png
1MB, 680x1020px
>>51570963
switch to edge quick you'll lose bloat too it's so fucking smooth
>>
>>51571050
>transvestites are spying you or something like that, so I doubt anything I say will mean anything to you.

he even said it

you admitted then

then you say i doubt it will matter

bullshit anon

you're just a kek who LET this happen

ENOUGH

>>51571073
>Don't overanalyze things and switch to Chrome like a reasonable person.
That sounds sensible.

I don't care about the LGBT thing

but mozilla FORCES you to. because you're using a product where the BEST ENGINEERS were FORCED out by toxic internal politics and SHAMING CHRISTIANITY.

WE JUST WANT A BROWSER.

WE DON'T WANT YOU FORCING YOUR LGBT CRAP!

Please! Just stop. We don't care about your stupid politics!
>>
Mozilla thinks they can increase the market share of Firefox by making it more like Chrome. It's pretty dumb.
>>
>>51571073
>telling someone who values their privacy to switch from a browser that might be tracking them to one that definitely is

Retarded as fuck tbqh fampie
>>
>>51571092
Look, I agree with you on people shoving political shit like that up people's butts all the time, now through technology even. Just be calm and get away from the propaganda.

>>51571110
Yeah, google spies on pretty much anyone in multiple ways. However if you want the same services without as much PC on it there's not a lot of options out there. The open source community is filled with these opportunists and radicals. Corporations are into this shit as well so just choose whatever works.
>>
>>51570963
>what is about:config
>>
I bet you shop at playasia too you toxic piece of shit.
>>
>not using pale moon
>>
>>51570963
What the fuck is with this clickbait title?
I haven't heard anything about sending keystrokes. Not even a rumor, let alone proof of it.
>>
firefox is dead retards

just move on use whatever you want
>>
>>51572848
>just move on use whatever you want
I want to use Firefox.
>>
File: 1434346589465.jpg (230KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1434346589465.jpg
230KB, 1280x853px
>I don't like firefox because I'm transphobic
Do you also not like airplanes because Asian people smell bad? How about avoiding potatoes in your diet because you don't want to date an Icelandic person?
>>
File: 1427319333631.jpg (72KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1427319333631.jpg
72KB, 612x612px
If you can't even trust mozilla you might as well kill yourself.
I don't see how the rant about trans girls is related.
>>
>>51570963
Firefox is open source, there's like 40 forks of it.
>>
>>51572890
What's the matter with being "transphobic"?

I'm arachnophobic, do I have to stop being that because I might hurt some spider's feefees?
>>
>>51570963
I love this LGBT dedication. we need more dedication to lesbians.
>>
>>51571261
they removed that setting, cupcake.
you can use an addon, but they are deprecated.

checkmate.
>>
>>51572966
Trans people don't pose any threat to you though
>>
File: this thread.png (28KB, 100x143px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.png
28KB, 100x143px
>>
>>51573919
>don't pose any threat to you though
Are you implying that most spiders pose a threat?
>>
>>51573816
not that guy but I just typed it into my browser and it works fine fucktard
>>
>>51570996
They're related

Some how.
We don't know how, but I'm sure OP will tell us.

But seriously, he's probably just bitching about everything he dislikes about Firefox, both its social/political decisions (if you can call them that), and its design choices.

There's already a number of Firefox forks you can flock to instead (unlike Chromium, which I don't think I've ever heard anything significant about its forks)
>>
>>51572890
This made me chuckle
>>
>>51572812
I would also like to hear about this
>>
>>51570963
where did the whole "firefox is sjw tranny antichrist" meme come from anyway?
>>
How good is Pale Moon compared to Firefox?
>>
File: 1427653647433.png (268KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
1427653647433.png
268KB, 361x691px
>>51571092
>Please! Just stop. We don't care about your stupid politics!
Yeah I agree OP
>>
>>51574233
CEO resigned for saying something homophobic or something.
Also a java dev was fired because twitter went apeshit or something
>>
>>51574277
it's worse
>>
>>51576019
>CEO resigned for saying something homophobic or something.
No, the CEO resigned because 4 years ago he donated to a political cause that SJWs don't like. He didn't want gays to marry. The donation was towards some proposition to let gays marry.
That was all.

He literally had political beliefs that the SJWs didn't like. That's Hitler to a fucking tee.
>>
>>51570963
Way to go, Edge shillings
>>
>not using safari on OS X
>>
>>51574054
Are you implying that there's even a chance that a trans person is going to bite you and inject you with venom?

I know you've been doing meth to stay up longer hours at the call center, but you need to take a dump in the street and rest - you're starting to get delusional.
>>
>>51570963
I left Firefox when they started fucking with my tabs and uninstalled when they added pocket.

As much as it is meme'd here I went with pale moon and I've not had any issues with my add-ons and I'm enjoying the ram usage.

I also went with waterfox just because I wanted to check out two at once. But it honestly seems identical to a Firefox. But I might be retarded because I couldn't get my Firefox bookmarks to xfer over to pale moon.
>>
Waterfox, Cyberfox, or Pale Moon?
>>
>>51571050
> You don't cite any sources in your rant
Not him, but you obviously missing info here. For example: https://github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/issues/20
You can test it yourself with ublock dashboard and/or wireshark, if you in desperate need on proofs.
>>
>>51572890
What am I if I simply want all trannies to hang from lamp posts but don't fear them?
>>
>>51576341
No but we shouldn't humor mentally ill people

If someone claims he is Napoleon you don't give control of France yet if a dude claim he is a woman we should all see how stunning and brave he is

They need fucking therapy not people feeding into their delusions
>>
>>51570963
Fuck firefox idk why you man children even think its remotely good
>>
>>51571066
>Deliberately connecting to the world wide botnet

Lmao
>>
>>51579051
Let me guess, you think being gay is reversible too, don't you? Gender dysphoria is a mental illness and the treatment is to give them the parts they feel more comfortable with. No one deserves to get a fucking metal for it, they need to just do it and get on with their lives. So tired of hearing about Caitlyn Jenner.

Oh look, we've all participated in the dumb arguing that OP wanted.
>>
>>51572907
>transgirls
>girls
>>
>>51570963
>"Wahh! I'm butthurt about trannies!"

Literally what does this have to do with Firefox, much less /g/?

If you're referring to the incident where Mozilla's former CEO stepped down amid his anti-gay lobbying, that was his decision, presumably to protect the company's future. Mozilla didn't force him out of a job. Just because the company openly endorses LGBT rights doesn't mean they're setting out to suppress free speech or prevent anyone from holding opposite views.

I'll never understand these /pol/ types and their tendency to spin everything into a conspiracy.

And again, this has nothing to do with /g/.
>>
>>51579549
>stepped down
>his decision
Cool opinion Achmed.
>>
>>51579549
except this has to deal with the mozilla foundation of which publishes, develops and creates mozilla firefox of which the current development direction and roadmap of such is earning the ire of op amongst other users.

the politics of which have intertwined themselves with software development is what op is being autistic about. and he did not "step down" he was flat out removed by the foundation board. while the foundation as of whole does not have the objective of suppression of opinions, certain outspoken members of such however are.
>>
>>51579549
>Just because the company openly endorses LGBT rights doesn't mean they're setting out to suppress free speech or prevent anyone from holding opposite views.
LGBT or other political and religious affiliations should be kept out of software creation. Brendon did what he did quietly and legally but the SJW's had to disrupt the ride.

Yes SJW's are disruptive and they're not needed in computing. If you're gay etc then fine, just get on with your life.
>>
>>51579468
>Let me guess, you think being gay is reversible too
strawman, the post
>Gender dysphoria is a mental illness
At least you got that part right
>and the treatment is to give them the parts they feel more comfortable with
Except that doesn't work

A recent metastudy showed that suicide and depression rates are the same before and after surgery. Now tell me, if surgery and calling them women is supposed to be the treatment then how come it doesn't work?

Johns Hopkins has stopped performing the surgery because it doesn't work

See, this is the backfire from people being pc instead of calling it like it is. In an effort to be tolerant and non offensive we allow people to mutilate themselves despite lack of evidence that it improves their situation. It's barbaric

Psychiatrists needs to shift focus to improving therapy and if possible, medication too, to help these poor people
>>
>>51570963
>it's just a meme they said
>furry dev they said
>palemoon? More like palememe they said
Who's laughing now, HUH?
>>
>>51576138
Not supporting someone because one doesn't support their political beliefs = Hitler?
>>
>>51580238
>Gender dysphoria is a mental illness
>At least you got that part right
reminds me of that journal of psychology where antipsychotics stopped crossdressing in a male
>>
>>51580382
no forcibly removing him from his job because of his completely unrelated beliefs can be likened to hitler removing jews from their jobs
>>
>>51580487
not really. But being retarded is pretty much expected of a /pol/ tard like yourself
>>
>>51580693
>N-no, w-we err, I mean, the cool people at mozilla, t-they're n-nothing like h-hitler ;_;
>stop saying s-such mean things a-anon ;_; m-my pay is going to shrink again ;_;
>>
>>51580693
except im a /g/ and /k/ regular and not op.
however from a personal perspective the parallels are there.

perhaps if you werent busy shitflinging and shitposting you would be able to find a valid reason for these behaviors rather than misapplying labels to others.
>>
>>51579051
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton
>>
File: 20151026_091641.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20151026_091641.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
IceDragon, no problems here.
>>
>>51581153
No. Hitler removed all the jews from their jobs in order to completely eradicate them from society. Eich was removed because you cannot afford to have an anti-gay head of your organization today. I mean, he can have his own opinion but in this case he is just not acceptable as the head of any organization.
>>
File: clintonlaughing.jpg (21KB, 450x355px) Image search: [Google]
clintonlaughing.jpg
21KB, 450x355px
>>51572890
>>
>>51581632
he wasn't anti gay
he wasn't even a bigot
he believes in god, and as any good religious person today, was willing to stand for what he believes in.

he was removed because you wouldn't sign the gay mariage bill.

why is that allowed?
especially when they use a literal faggot whose sole purpose is to ruin the company the man created...

tl;dr california is the filthy shitholes of the earth and i can't wait for an earthquake to wipe out all those cum guzzling faggots.
>>
its okay guys i'm making a /g/browser

its free and opensource and it runs faster than all other browsers combined
>>
>>51581840
It's a commercial decision. Having him represent your organization is going to do more harm than good. No need to get butthurt about that.
>>
>>51581923
Except his decision was private and 10 years old.
>>
>>51581923
>having a literal cum guzzling faggot whose sole purpose is to run a company made by someone who actually has personal values/morals into the ground
>somehow this is better for the company
LOL... that worthless faggot has done nothing good for firefox while very obviously making it as bad as possible
>>
>>51581840
>california is the filthy shitholes of the earth and i can't wait for an earthquake to wipe out all those cum guzzling faggots

Californian here. I agree.
>>
im gay ama
>>
>>51582526
How many
>>
File: Fox Kit.png (20KB, 424x373px) Image search: [Google]
Fox Kit.png
20KB, 424x373px
>>51581865
ill make the logo
>>
>>51583298
looks like an orange badger 48/10
>>
>>51579468
>bringing gays into the debate about transshits
I hate it when people fucking do this, leave us the fuck out of your bullshit. The inclusion of trans people in the LGB movement is the worst fucking shit because 70% of them are fucking insane and use gays as an excuse and as a shield for their bullshit. Every fucking time I argue with someone about trans people, they always think I must hate gays too, and can't understand it when I tell them that I am gay. REMOVE TRANS
>>
>>51583298
I like the it honestly
so qt :3
>>
>>51576341
>Are you implying that there's even a chance that a trans person is going to bite you and inject you with venom?
about as likely to get gaids from being raped as you are getting dieds from a black widow
>>
>>51572966
>I'm arachnophobic, do I have to stop being that because I might hurt some spider's feefees?

Arachnophobia, by and large, is an irrational fear. To compare transphobia to arachnophobia in everyday situations in a first world country, you are effectively saying that your transphobia is also irrational. Which would be correct, actually.

If someone changing their gender identity makes you feel scared, maybe you have bigger issues.
>>
>>51579051
>If someone claims he is Napoleon you don't give control of France
where's the image of this? the whole quote was fucking hilarious. and somehow i no longer have it saved on my pc
>>
>>51583350
thank you :^)
>>
File: smart cat.jpg (154KB, 1024x910px) Image search: [Google]
smart cat.jpg
154KB, 1024x910px
>>51584032
>opinion, fallacy, fallacy, opinion
Interesting.

>opinion/fallacy, opinion
Hmm...
>>
>>51580693
Faggot can't handle the truth.
Go cry in a safe space, moron.
People shouldn't lose their jobs because of political beliefs.
>>
>>51581923
Which is wrong.
The silent majority is the majority.
The moronic university students who believe in social justice are the loud minority.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.