[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Allright /g/entlemen I know you are loathe to do this, but i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: Question_mark_(black_on_white).png (43KB, 749x946px) Image search: [Google]
Question_mark_(black_on_white).png
43KB, 749x946px
Allright /g/entlemen
I know you are loathe to do this, but i am at wits end. You guys are literally my final out.

So recently my PC has begun acting up, youtube videos will crash, with the "An error occured, please try again later", video games will randomly freeze completely for a few seconds.

I formatted yesterday to try and fix it, and it did, it ran the entirety of yesterday without any hitches, but then again today, its acting up again.

Anyone ever had anything like this?

TL;DR Halp my PC is being a piece of fucking shit.
>>
Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
>>
>>51570892
Update GPU drivers. If fully up to date, revert to most previous version.
>>
File: 1.png (45KB, 427x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
45KB, 427x1021px
>>51570950
Drivers are fully up to date, i have tried using the previous driver, and that seemed to work for a bit. but it fucked up again, auto update is off.
>>
File: file.png (57KB, 744x593px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
57KB, 744x593px
Have you checked if everything is fine on your task manager (ctrl shift esc)?
Make sure the disk active time hasn't got ridiculous latency and always at 100%
>>
File: 2.png (83KB, 797x600px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
83KB, 797x600px
>>51570985
This is all i get under the resource monitor, cant seem to find anywhere to check disk activity.
>>
>>51571026
yeah, that's fine. Have you checked what's running on your startup?
Type win+r and type 'msconfig' and click on the Startup tab, make sure you disable everything you don't need
>>
File: 3.png (25KB, 583x394px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
25KB, 583x394px
>>51571043
I have hardly anything in startup, as i just did a clean install yesterday.

Thanks for taking your time to walk me through this anon.
>>
File: 4.png (73KB, 744x519px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
73KB, 744x519px
>>51571043
Just noticed this, never seen svchosts taking up that much memory before.
>>
File: file.png (95KB, 1201x593px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
95KB, 1201x593px
>>51571026
You also may want to leave that open with the 'Disk Activity' selected, to see if the hard drive is taking long to respond to requests. For example here my E drive is currently dying and shitting itself, taking seconds to load up folders.

>>51571086
Do you have a virus protector installed by any chance?
>>
>>51571086
you should also be able to right click that svchost.exe and click 'Go to service' to see what program/service is sucking up your memory
>>
>>51571105
My drives seem fine, nothing is running slowly at all, and i don't run any virus protection.

Also, i just noticed that this thing keeps flicking between unplugged and plugged in, i just disabled it and have had a youtube video successfully run for more than 10 seconds.
>>
>>51571147
My guess is a bad audio driver in that case. Usually that's the case when youtube videos crash and games freeze.
>>
File: 6.png (102KB, 1092x512px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
102KB, 1092x512px
>>51571105
forgot the picture

also added the services >>51571136 mentioned

>>51571157
I have no actual audio drivers installed, i always just used the stuff included in windows.
>>
>>51571105
You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Fuck off. You're wasting OP's time.

OP, your GPU is failing in some way. I'd say update drivers but you already did. Check its temperature, try increasing its fan speed and cooling your room down. And if that doesn't help, you need to replace it.
>>
>>51571181
you have no idea how many laptops I service with faulty hard drives, it's a fucking nightmare.
>>51571176
Do you know, by any chance what you disabled?
>>
>>51571157

Well, it looks like disabling the non-existing headset that was plugging in and out fixed my problems, can't get any game or youtube video to freeze any more.

Any ideas on whats causing the svchost.exe memory usage though? it has me slightly worried.

>>51571220
Yeah, i disabled the headset thats squared in red on my previous picture.

>>51571181
I actually think it might be my motherboard thats giving up on life, which sucks even more than it being the GPU, LGA1366 motherboards are a bitch to track down these days
>>
>>51571237
>Any ideas on whats causing the svchost.exe memory usage though? it has me slightly worried.
No idea, but what you can try do is stop/restart each service, checking the task manager to see if anything has changed.
It could be a memory leak in an older build that's since been fixed. You may want to fully update Windows if you haven't already. One hotfix I see for netsvcs is this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2889748
>>
have you tried gentoo?
>>
>>51571383
Nah, im a simple dude, doesnt seem like the extra hassle is worth it
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.