[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to get my GF one of pic related for Christmas. However,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Want to get my GF one of pic related for Christmas. However, I'm having trouble deciding which is best. The ability to watch pirated content (streaming or not, preferably both) would be a huge bonus. I've been doing some research on all three and right Amazon Fire seems the easiest since you can install Kodi on it. What does /g/ think?
>>
>>51567847
I'm leaning towards the Firestick, too. Cheaper than Roku with essentially the same features, and a little more user friendly than Chromecast.
>>
>>51567874
The only thing Roku has is the headphone jack on the remote. Which I think is cool as fuck but still doesn't justify the price point, which more than twice of what the Firestick is.
>>
>>51567847

Get the fire stick, its got the best specs and is pretty much the only one with amazon prime videos
>>
>>51567847
it's for your GF. get a roku. comes with remote but can be app controlled too if that's your thing (remote is more comfy IMO). also has casual factor built in if your GF is not tech inclued
>>
>>51567847
For streaming your own pirated content the easiest thing is plex. Roku has an awesome plex app.
>>
Fire for sure
>>
>>51567992
wake on lan feature of rarflix is the #1 reason to use it above the official plex app (which is still pretty good as it's by the same dev). also chicks go for name brands OP, amazon and chromestick will just make you look cheap
>>
>>51568049
I dont think she gives a shit since doesn't all that much about them. As long as she has Netflix I know she'll be happy. However im trying to hook her up with some pirated movies as well since she likes Popcorntime
>>
>>51568254
wrong. chicks pretend to not know/care about brands, but they do. it's all part of the mind games they play
>>
Firestick. I can stream my pirated movies from my computer to my tv and it's fucking $25 today on Amazon
>>
File: bf-roku-se-soldout.png (106KB, 610x280px) Image search: [Google]
bf-roku-se-soldout.png
106KB, 610x280px
Chromecast from what I understand is "useless" by itself. It requires Cromecast enabled applications on your computer or phone/tablet for it to do anything.

As noted, Roku Stick for the casual.

If she's got Amazon Prime, then Fire Stick. Plus it's stupid cheap right now. $25 for however long their Black Friday deals last (Roku stick is $40 on sale right now.) Also apparently more hackable, if you/she is into that kind of stuff.

Another cheap option might be the Roku SE, which is $25 if you can find it..
>>
>>51568557
>It requires Cromecast enabled applications on your computer or phone/tablet for it to do anything.

Good thing everything has that now.

Also super easy to stream whatever you want to it via videostream in chrome.

fire stick is shit

roku is shit
>>
>>51568586
chromecast doesn't even support fucking dolby like the roku does. stop being so fucking poor mate
>>
>>51568608
thats why the dolby light comes on and i have full 7.1 sound when watching movies from it right?
>>
>>51567847
Kodi + Genesis = Life
>>
OP here:
I think im going to go with the Firestick, since it is the cheapest and it has the ability to install Kodi. Thanks everybody for the suggestions.
>>
>>51568557
Does the Fire Stick allow mirroring your iPad screen to your TV? I'm thinking about buying one of these for my mom. She sits on her couch all night using her iPad, and never uses the TV I got her a few years ago, she doesn't even have a cable subscription.

I figure she'd use it if she were mirroring her iPad's display to the TV. She won't have to deal with any extra apps or subscriptions, she'd be able to continue using the same apps she's been using to watch shows on her iPad. I know Chromecast has this feature, but I can't find much information about the Fire Stick.
>>
>>51567847
I just got a roku 3 from Costco for $75, havent gotten to use it because I cant even activate it. From Costco also came with an HDMI and 2 months of Hulu.
>>
Chromecast or Raspberry pi nano
>>
Dude I love firesticks I've been putting kodi on them for people for the past 6 months and it's just fun to see the shit you load on those things and how well they handle the streaming and all
>>
>>51568742
You want to just have the TV mirror everything on the iPad, or just be able to cast Youtube & Neftlix to it? With Apple TV I believe you can send some things via Airplay, but I don't know exactly what. Support for video services depends on the service. I can start up a Youtube video on my iPad, then cast it off to the Youtube channel on my Roku player. But not necessarily for other services. My mom likes to watch Korean dramas, so I was hoping to do that with Dramafever which is on Roku & iPad. But I think I found that they charge for that feature.

I doubt you'll have much interoperability between the iPad and Fire stick outside of Amazon's own apps (if even that.) Amazon has been kind of a dick about streaming players recently. They kicked out Apple TV and Chromecast claiming it's because they don't support Amazon's streaming services. Retarded thing about that is it's Amazon's responsibility to build support for those players, not Apple & Google.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.