[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4K UHD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

I found a 4K television for $260. Does it look any good?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/46867816

Now I'm gonna need some kind of set-top box that can stream 4K. Recommendations?
>>
>>51566652
Sceptre U435CV-UMC 42" 4K Ultra HD 2160p 60Hz LED HDTV (4K x 2K):
43" 4K LED Display
3840 x 2160 UHD Panel Resolution
MEMC 120
HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2
>>
File: display_hdmi.jpg (42KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
display_hdmi.jpg
42KB, 1200x1200px
i'm tempted to get one for 4k gayman at that price.

with this little adapter thingy.
>>
>>51566652
30hz?
>>
>>51566751
it looks like it does 60
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz4LzUjTobI
>>
>>51566855
that's a different model
>>
>>51566881
its the slightly larger one, the review however still applies, it is the same series just a few inches smaller.
>>
File: 06.png (61KB, 419x248px) Image search: [Google]
06.png
61KB, 419x248px
>>51566652

>4k
>42"

ayy

>spectre

Double ayy... maybe

Maybe is a good panel for the price in a cheap brand, maybe is a cheap panel in a cheap brand

Your new tv could die in the next 2 years, or maybe not. Recognized brands might use better components and last longer. Except samsung, fuck them and their cheap components. My samsung plasma melted away one day without warning
>>
>>51566941
>Except samsung, fuck them and their cheap components. My samsung plasma melted away one day without warning
ebin maymay

samsung has some of the best warranty out there, especially on their higher end panels.

But if you buy a $500 samsung and expect it to have the quality of a $2k+ one, you'll obviously be disappointed.
>>
File: sceptre crt.jpg (18KB, 337x355px) Image search: [Google]
sceptre crt.jpg
18KB, 337x355px
>>51566941

but sceptre isn't a no name company. where were you in the CRT days?
>>
>>51566941
if you cannot tell the difference between 1080 and 4k on even a 42" display, you literally need better glasses you nerd

but yeah something like a budget spectre is stupid
>>
OP here. if the TV sucks I guess I could just return it later. I still feel like I'm taking a risk with a lesser known brand, and the model has no reviews.
>>
If this comment holds any weight. I've had a 42" 1080p led/lcd? Sceptre for about 4 years and still works great. From my research it's a good panel in a cheap brand.
>>
>>51567087

this.

i'll be going to walmart tomorrow to find one. if i don't like it i'll just take it back as well.

/g/ thinks you have to get a 27" 1440p 144hz monitor to be in the cool kids club so you can look baller in the battlestations thread.
>>
>>51566955

Was a 1000 one and only lasted 4 years

>also

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-settlement-warrants-older-tvs-with-faulty-capacitors/

There is a lot of complaints about samsung and his TVs that die in less than 2 years

>>51567080

>42"
>>
>>51567187
well to be honest I'd kind of like one of those too
>>
>>51567206
i am serious, if you cannot tell the difference between those 2 resolutions on something even as small as 42" even from a distance, you literally have garbage eyesight. and that isnt even a joke, dont ever go to something like CES because your eyes wont take advantage of it
>>
>>51567206
>>51566941
I've always bought Samsung and had no problems
they have some of the best TVs imo
>>
It looks to me like Amazon Fire TV for $75 is my cheapest option for a streaming box. Roku 4 and Nvidia Shield TV look better but a little pricey. Should I steer clear of any off-brand android boxes that claim to support 4K?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.