[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a bigger meme than 64bit processors on a smartphone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Is there a bigger meme than 64bit processors on a smartphone ? Is there any real benefit to it ?
>>
You can have more than 4GB of RAM!

No phones have more than 4GB of RAM!

You can have apps that use up over 2GB of RAM!

Apps are limited to usually ~<1GB of RAM (192MB on the Nexus 5)!

So it's basically a useless spec that salespeople can point to.
>>
>>51562075
kinda like >720p resolution on phones.. it does nothing but drain more battery!
aren't you glad you bought into this shit.
or larger screens which do nothing but make it unusable with one hand. or unable to comfortably fit in your pocket... also drains more battery life!

why wont the market go back to smaller is better? even the ancients realized this. (see how every great naked man was depicted with a small penis)
>>
>>51562329
Why even have screen? That drains more battery. Camera? Speakers? Cellular connection? Battery drainers.
>>
>>51562329
the difference between 720p and 1080p is greatly noticeable.
>>
File: image.jpg (284KB, 541x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284KB, 541x700px
>>51561962
On 64-bit devices, GarageBand can have like 3x more tracks.

but that's something android devices will never dream of having because of the 10ms lag that requires to re-write the whole OS from scratch to fix.

source: http://superpowered.com/androidaudiopathlatency
>>
>>
>>51562427
The rock in my pocket is best phone. Unlimited battery life. Max durability. Doesn't slip from hand. Nice and cool feeling on my face when I make calls. Never outdated.
>>
>>51562329
As someone who just switched from a 720p smartphone to a 1440p one, I can say this is bullshit.
>>
>>51561962
so apps use more of your 16 gigs of storage to accomplish the same thing.
>but its faster
yeah and it has to process more
>>
>>51562477
IPhone sells tons of 720p phones and gets 10/10 for their screen.
>>
>>51562511
Is that your new meme

It sucks
>>
>>51561962
> Is there any real benefit to it ?
Yes, about 15% extra processing power per electrical power consumed?

[Arguably, that's for most of the other relevant changes to ARMv8, too.]

Actually, various things also got better on x86 with x86_64, but you probably were on Windows 32bit binaries for a decade so you didn't notice until your next computer, or the one after. No, it wasn't strictly only that x86_64 had 64bit everything. Also more registers and shit.

But guess what, 64bit ARM also got a bigger package of updates.
>>
>>51562547
so does your new phone also have a larger screen and bigger battery?

or did you just swap out your 720p screen for a 1440p one and keep the rest the same when you made that claim
>>
>>51562329
my 720p phone looked like shit with cardboard and my new turbo actually lasts longer with the 1440p screen. also using google cardboard is actually enjoyable now
>>
>>51563424
>phone
>vr
please kill yourself before your autism spreads
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.