[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Downloading Windows 10 for imediate install over Ubuntu. Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: you_wont_do_it.jpg (104KB, 604x438px) Image search: [Google]
you_wont_do_it.jpg
104KB, 604x438px
> be me
> using Ubuntu 14.04 as my main OS at home for ~2 years.
> fed up of not being able to use industry standard tools..
> no XenCenter, Photoshop, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, ASDM.
> (Libre Office sucks ass)
> fed up of not being able to use some trashy but convenient apps..
> no Skitch, iTunes
> fed up of the limited number of games, and those that are available performing badly..
> Nice thought Steam, but the selection is shit.

So here I am, currently downloading the botnet OS just so my hardware can actually reach its potential.

Talk me out of this madness /g .....

Pic related; cat is symbolic of my Ubuntu install.
>>
Use whatever OS you want, I don't care desu senpai baka.
>>
At least don't install 10.
And dual boot like a rational person.
>>
>>51561637
>duel boot
>>
>>51561611
Wat? y-you really don't care...?

>>51561637
Got me thinking.. Perhaps 10 is just self-harming.
Maybe I don't have to go that far.
>>
>>51561681
7 and 8.1 are reliable and bug free, 10 is still a mess, it works just fine for some but it never works right for others.
Then there's the whole Microsoft spying on everything you do aspect of it.

I dual boot for muh games and photosop, but for everything else there's Mint.
>>
File: 001.jpg (78KB, 422x298px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
78KB, 422x298px
>>51561637
>>51561673
>>51561741

Aye, maybe dual boot is the sensible option, but I've never been a fan of it.

Just personal preference but I always seem to end up favouring one OS far more than the other after a period of time.. The favoured OS gets more care / maintenance / personalization and it just becomes a vicious circle where one OS gets all the TLC and the other neglected.

Also only got a couple of small SSDs in this machine so not very roomy on disk..

Download is 68% complete.
>>
>>51561872
Because you enjoy linux more but are forced to boot Windows for the photoshop and games.
That's just the way it is. Photoshop, MS Office and some games run in Wine but they either run like ass or crash a lot.
I usually get 3-4 days in Mint before rebooting to play something that needs Windows.
>>
just use a VM for software and dual boot for games if you don't want to set GPU passthrough.
I also remove Ubuntu to use Windows 10, 2 days later i was back on Ubuntu.
>>
>>51561930
>>51562076

Thanks anons. Appreciate it.
Didn't really expect anyanon to actually be rational desu.
Thought I'd get shitposted into oblivion or ignored. But you actually got me thinking...
>>
>>51561587
>Talk me out of this madness /g/
no. if you're considering even using windows, it is already hopeless.

/g/ is not your mum.

your decision to use windows, your loss.
>>
File: DSC30567.jpg (174KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
DSC30567.jpg
174KB, 500x486px
>>51562316
Thanks Dad. That's some tough love. :^)
>>
>>51561587
Every non-neckbeard wizard who tries Linux does the same, anon. It's perfectly normal, you realize Linux is shit, that the Free Software movement only cares about 4 freedoms that you will never use and doesn't care about your coziness, happiness, productivity or efficiency.

Stop pretending to be retarded and drop that "botnet" paranoria, install Windows and use your time in something more useful, like learning a programing language.
>>
>>51561673

Let's D-d-d-d-d-dDuel!

https://youtu.be/xOir10NdANk?t=14
>>
File: nods_agreement.gif (986KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
nods_agreement.gif
986KB, 500x371px
>>51562558
>>
File: 1447179555301.png (164KB, 398x307px) Image search: [Google]
1447179555301.png
164KB, 398x307px
>mfw I have to deal with winfag

windos 10 is privacy fucking botnet, nothing has changed besides UI since 2000
>>
>>51561587
Sounds like a decent plan. I too decided to
go with Windows as my main OS and play with ubuntu in virtualbox.
>>
>>51561587

>2015
>using ubuntu
>kek
>>
Any program that takes longer than two seconds to load is no program of mine. Enjoy your bloated garbage m8.
>>
File: anime_thinking.jpg (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
anime_thinking.jpg
109KB, 500x500px
>>51563146

tfw I honestly don't know if you're having a dig at Windows or Ubuntu
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.