[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supporting Free Software is an integral part of building a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: green.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
green.webm
3MB, 853x480px
Supporting Free Software is an integral part of building a good future for us and generations to come. Why? The reason is simple. Proprietary ideologies are the enemies of human progress. If we, as a species, cannot contribute to the world, then we will never advance. Transparency is paramount. How can we ensure that the biological augmentations we receive in the future function as they are supposed to without reviewing and auditing the code? Let's say you needed a pacemaker to live. It is sold by a company that has made the source code proprietary and closed. The unit you have is known to have a bug that causes it to give out at random intervals, but this was discovered after your doctor prescribed you this unit. There are no other units available. The company responsible for the production of your unit has simply stated: "We're working on it."

How is this in any way acceptable? Your life is in constant mortal danger because of the company's unwillingness to patch the bug. This would never happen if the code and hardware were released under the GPL.

Build a better future. There is no reason to support the opponents of Freedom.
>>
File: death.jpg (264KB, 1460x1463px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
264KB, 1460x1463px
Ah yes, that's right. /g/ is nothing but /v/-migrants and Winkeks now.
>>
"Link watch out"
- Navi
>>
File: clPDyOh.jpg (688KB, 1440x978px) Image search: [Google]
clPDyOh.jpg
688KB, 1440x978px
>>
>>51560747
Imagine Linux OS on a pacemaker. Lol no .
>>
>>51561595
What? Linux thrives in low-level devices.
>>
File: 1437575282115.jpg (2MB, 1397x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1437575282115.jpg
2MB, 1397x2100px
>>51561595
>not wanting to rice your cardiorhythm
>botnet collecting biometrics in realtime
>needing to restart after update
>wanting literal BSOD

YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A HEART, WOULD YOU?
>implying I wouldn't be able to just 3D print my own pacemaker
>>
>>51560747
>running an operating system on a pacemaker

Are GPL-worshipping pseudointellectuals really this fucking dumb?
>>
>>51561595
Why does a pacemaker even need any kernel program? All it needs is a clock, not a kernel.
>>
>>51562745
How do you think pacemakers work, magic? Obviously, they use software.
>>
File: turkey.png (189KB, 362x540px) Image search: [Google]
turkey.png
189KB, 362x540px
>>51562824
Pacemakers, how do they work?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.